ingmar-spijkhoven-bio.jpg

Some (or most) of you might know that Ingmar suffered from ALS. Unfortunately, I am very sad to inform you that Ingmar Spijkhoven has passed away this week.

I don't have any details other than what I read on Promobricks. But since he was an active scale model builder here on Eurobricks, I like to express my condolences to his family and friends.

I am not sure whether the Technic forum is the right place for a topic like this, but I like to start one anyway. Thanks to @TinkerBrick for informing me.

His body might left, but his spirit and work will remain here and will be remarkable part of LEGO history.

Thank You Ingmar for all the beautiful MOCs! 

talented, inspirational, passionate builder

thank you Ingmar

his last interview

Rest In Peace, Ingmar. Your MOCs were functional and beautiful - I could never see a brick out of place on any of them.

Thank you Jim for making this thread. If it's in line with his family's wishes, then I believe it would be a good way for the community to express its condolences.

Edited by Jay Psi

It was really sad to hear about him passing away, may his MOCs keep him alive in our hearts forever. RIP Ingmar.

Rest in peace Ingmar.  You have inspired many with your creations and contributed greatly to our hobby.

Sad to hear that such a nice guy passes away too soon. We shared the love of American trucks and I'm sure he was an inspiration to many. Glad I met him more than once.

I hope to gather all parts for his Red Kraz and build it. Rest in peace, Ingmar.

That is the worst news I heard whole year. To loose someone special like Ingmar is priceless, not only scale modeling forum but whole U.S. truck scale building community has lost the most influential personality. 

The hobby would never be the same and now question arise by itself: to LEGO or not to LEGO?

Rest in piece my friend :cry_sad:

Edited by I_Igor

My deepest condolences. Big respect to this genious whose beautiful mind shall live forever.

My though go to Ingmar's family and, if they read these words, I would Express my deepest condolences.

Ingmar give us some of the most beautiful models.

RIP Ingmar.

@Jim did this information return to TLC? If not I think that as ambassador you maybe have to do that...he deserve  it

Edited by steph77

He must have been very brave, to know that you will die soon might be hard to live.
He gave me the urge to start doing technic Mocs.
I want to give condolences to his surroundings.
RIP.

Devastating new... I remember how Ingmar inspired me to build again and he was happy to share any advice to help others...

May he rest in peace

keep on trucking

Way too soon... I’ve spoken with him several times in real life and he was always very enthusiastic about his hobby and his creations. My condolences to his family...