I received a lot of positive feedback on my "A New Hope" skyline, so here is the next installment: "The Empire Strikes Back." 

I'm currently working on creating a skyline with the same dimensions for each Star Wars film - you can see "Rogue One," and "Solo" on my Instagram and Flickr pages.

48387221321_7317ba4023_b.jpg

48413111366_76c00a1a0c_b.jpg

I also made some slight modifications to the design to make the pieces more affordable.  Anyone interested can find the instructions here.

48413113366_d9a995f65d_b.jpg

Edited by thenightman89

The locations and overall look are amazing ! My favorite is definitely Dagobah, extremely organic, the trans-green tiles work really well and Yoda's hutt... wow !

In my humble opinion, Hoth looks a bit empty, even with the probe droid (and what I assume is Ben's hologram ?). Echo base itself is really well rendered but a T-47 with some orange parts would really light everything up. Maybe even add a Star Destroyer hovering it ?

On the other side, Bespin and the cloud car are nothing short of perfect, however the clouds feel a bit "cartoony" to me.

Really just my 2 cents on possible improvements to a really well done MOC :) Congrats !

On 7/31/2019 at 9:01 AM, AfolFree said:

In my humble opinion, Hoth looks a bit empty, even with the probe droid (and what I assume is Ben's hologram ?). Echo base itself is really well rendered but a T-47 with some orange parts would really light everything up. Maybe even add a Star Destroyer hovering it ?

That's a very fair critique of Hoth, and I thought much of the same things while building it.  I tried adding a teeny snowspeeder at one point but it just ended up looking hilariously out of scale. 

18 hours ago, thenightman89 said:

That's a very fair critique of Hoth, and I thought much of the same things while building it.  I tried adding a teeny snowspeeder at one point but it just ended up looking hilariously out of scale. 

Fair enough, it is such a small ship !

21 hours ago, thenightman89 said:

What if you just made the nose of a ship stick out of the tunnel? Asking for an itsy-bitsy ion cannon would be a bit too much for that scale.

I like the cartoonish look of the Bespin clouds.