Zilmrud

Western Gate of Zamorah Valley

The shire of Zamorah spands true a wast valley with the Mitgardian mountains to the north, in the east and in the west there is offshoots of the mountain going south. This surrounds the shire like a horse shoe. To the south there is rolling green landscape with farmlands and forest along the river going south. 

48413131587_8551bede12.jpg

At the mountain ridge on the west border of Zamorah shire stands the twin towers of Anc' Dam. Old watchtowers built in ancient times long before Zamorah was there. In the old library at The Royal Cartographer's Guild of Albion there is an ancient script roll that tells of long forgotten times when a race, not much different from the orchs roamed these lands. The script roll tells of two twin towers built by this orchlike race.

The twin towers stands on either side of a ravine in the western mountain ridge. The ravine has always been a natural way to cross the mountain offshoot. When Zamorah was built and the shire expanded this was a good place to fortify. A bridge was built between the towers and a fortified gate was built at the bottom of the ravine making it much harder to enter the Zamorah valley.

48413131372_75b8e98955.jpg The ravine and the gate

The bridge then made the western mountain ridge one of the most popular ways to get up into the Mitgardia mountains. The bridge is therefore a heavily guarded tollgate between Mitgardia and Avalonia. A good income for Zamorah and a great way of controlling the traffic between the guilds.

48412982946_63f25e77f6.jpg The guarded tollgate on top of the mountain ridge

48413130617_dcfcd0480d.jpg View from the north of the twin towers of Anc' Dam

The twin towers and the western gate is located in the west of Zamorah

48417400097_7480d33dcc_n.jpg  Location of the western gate in my micro scale MOC of Zamorah

48417399902_725c900709_n.jpg Shot of the western gate from my micro scale MOC of Zamorah

Spoiler

This build came as a result to the HSS military category and my Twin Towers in my first MOC of Zamorah. It was fun to scale up the microscale towers and bridge to a larger scale. Not full minifig scale but a scale that matches the nanofigs. It was fun to make the forced perspective of the ravine. 
At this scale the wheels suited to make the round shapes.

A behind the scene pic of the forced perspective in the ravine:

48412982466_2f9673d436_m.jpg

Edited by Zilmrud

I like the cohesive way you do things, brilliant idea to make a micro map first!  This is a splendid build sir! Keep it up! 

That's a great microscale build.  Lot's of details, I like the use of wheels for the towers.  The rockwork looks great.  Nice use of the bushes for trees.  The bridge looks wonderful, nice use of tiles.  

3 hours ago, W Navarre said:

I like the cohesive way you do things, brilliant idea to make a micro map first!  This is a splendid build sir! Keep it up! 

Thanks! I want to give my builds a red line to follow. My first MOC was the micro build, it was a fast way to show my idea of Zamorah city and "shire". And I really liked the 5 pieces Towers and bridge and it was fun to build it in a larger scale. 

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

That's a great microscale build.  Lot's of details, I like the use of wheels for the towers.  The rockwork looks great.  Nice use of the bushes for trees.  The bridge looks wonderful, nice use of tiles.  

Thanks! 

I think I love everything in this build : 
- The nanofig-scale is an excellent choice that allows a sufficient level of detail without having a gigantic MOC.
- The color palette is nice and harmonious (dark green soil with green vegetation looks especially great, may I borrow the idea?).
- The forced perspective is cleverly done.
- The idea of building a micro-scale Zamorah before building detailed MOCs of the locations is simply brilliant. It really help us readers to get into your shire! 

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

I think I love everything in this build : 
- The nanofig-scale is an excellent choice that allows a sufficient level of detail without having a gigantic MOC.
- The color palette is nice and harmonious (dark green soil with green vegetation looks especially great, may I borrow the idea?).
- The forced perspective is cleverly done.
- The idea of building a micro-scale Zamorah before building detailed MOCs of the locations is simply brilliant. It really help us readers to get into your shire! 

Thanks. The storytelling is a big part of GoH i think. So I really want to build up my shire so everyone can get a feeling of it. The Microscale really helps with that. Then I can buid small parts and stories in the shire without building huge Castles that is impossible to capture on photos.

I really like the scale here, especially for the gate at the bottom of the ravine!  The arch across also looks great.  Zamorah sure seems to be one tough place to break into!

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I really like the scale here, especially for the gate at the bottom of the ravine!  The arch across also looks great.  Zamorah sure seems to be one tough place to break into!

Thanks. It's a nice scale to build in. Have a friend that built some city blocks with cars and a boat in this scale. I don't know the right name for it, but be called it midi scale. 

4 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

This is so well done! With lots of great ideas:wub:

Thanks alot man!

Great rock-work especially and the fact that you stay true to the microbuild you made initially really adds to the whole thing. Great work! 

On 8/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, adde51 said:

Great rock-work especially and the fact that you stay true to the microbuild you made initially really adds to the whole thing. Great work! 

Thanks Bro! ??

Majestic. Incredible mixing of scales, and I like your use of very large elements in the rockwork :thumbup:
The micro scale road is one of the best I've seen, and your arch technique for the bridge is top-notch :wub:

On 10/31/2019 at 2:39 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Majestic. Incredible mixing of scales, and I like your use of very large elements in the rockwork :thumbup:
The micro scale road is one of the best I've seen, and your arch technique for the bridge is top-notch :wub:

Thanks. It was fun to play with the scales and the forced perspective. The bridge with stones of 1x1 tiles was one of the start ideas and also the curved arch with the rigid hose and headlight Brick.