Devastation of Charlatan Bay -Roadmonkeytj

Waiting in the wasteland -Keymonus

Those Damned Cannons -Keymonus

Restoring Order to Chaos -Roadmonkeytj

Relief Mission - Gedren_y 

The road towards peace - Keymonus

Infero Pordejon, Headquarters of Charlatan Bay Militia, July 619

IMG_2558

Tristan watched again the map, with the ink of the last notes still drying… each one, just a little more than a date and a couple of words, represented a little step between the current situation, with most of the town under control and a partial restoration of the order, and what he had seen almost a year before: a starving city, the port closed; unprejudiced pirates making a huge profit over the scarce food supplies, the same scums still holding Fort Saint Millar; dozens of street gangs, pirate leagues, syndicates, self organized militias and private armies, controlling small areas of Charlatan Bay and battling for warehouses, food, weapons and supremacy; the helpless civilians, trapped in a nightmare of violence, abuses, extortions and retaliations; hundreds of disperate people, with nothing left to lose, ready to board on anything with a hull, hoping to plunder the nearest ship or colony. Those people, who admired and hated, worshipped and feared their Dark Bishop, had remained without a guide and, after the catastrophic eruption, had started a brutal fight to survive.

Tristan read some of the older notes. He found the first one:  "September 618, landing point" -and, written a little below -"May the Gods help us all!". Then, moving South, the location of the first camp, were he met Gustav and his militiamen; the first skirmishes, the first plantations and cottages they occupied, the bands that joined their cause, surrendered or were defeated. He found the note about the hidden battery, their first, true victory: "December 618, battery conquered without losses, enemies routed". These few words summarized the first turning point of the campaign: that very day, with new weapons and food supplies for the population, Tristan and Gustav entered Hightown after a violent skirmish against the Red Scorpions and the Hook Gang.

IMG_2569

Common people and wealthy citizens welcomed them as liberators… what a great day! Peace seemed only a step forward, even if they all knew that it was just the beginning.

IMG_2571

Volunteers from Oleon and Gustav's men marched together under the Sea Rats banner, following the newly appointed mayor… and giving a lot more authority to his title!

IMG_2573

That day, Tristan saw for the first time the famous cranes, connecting the two halves of Charlatan Bay. Nobody, even during the worst days of fights and violence, had ever damaged that vital infrastructure. Tristan couldn't avoid to feel a certain admiration for the man who had made them possible: Emil Meloche, the Dark Bishop… a pirate and a heretic, a cruel man who lived in violence and died accordingly but, in a certain way, a great man, who founded a city in the middle of nowhere, making it great and independent, despite the open war against the whole  world. 

IMG_2568

Those cranes represented one of the greatest example of the old grandeur of Charlatan Bay. The platform can be lifted using robust chains and, in this case, slides along wooden tracks, allowing the movement of people and goods up and down the cliffs. A few days later, Tristan himself used the crane to reach Lowtown for the first time… as reported by the next note: "December 618. First food distribution in Lowtown. Strong resistance of a local gang. The battle for Lowtown has begun."

IMG_2566

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another view off the build:

IMG_2570

Overall view:

IMG_2574

This is one of the last parts of this storyline, I hope you like that. The Dark Bishop is, obviously, Emil Meloche, @Kwatchi's great character and the founder of Charlatan Bay. Thank you for watching!

Edited by Keymonus

Superb build, sir! Obviously, the elevator crane steals the show, and I am particularly fond of the wooden rails/tracks - gives a certain game of thrones vibe. (the wall)

Additionally, the cliffside and general landscaping is nicely done, and the houses give a great backdrop to the parade in the street. Well done!

On the other hand, Olean involvement in Charlatan Bay is sure to raise some eyebrows in nearby Corlander settlements, should word get out... ;)

Really Neat Build there, the Overall Look and the Background Story give a nice Touch. Especially Like Bregir mentioned before is the Elevator crane a really cool and creative Idea! 

Keep Things Up :)

On 8/5/2019 at 8:12 AM, Bregir said:

Superb build, sir! Obviously, the elevator crane steals the show, and I am particularly fond of the wooden rails/tracks - gives a certain game of thrones vibe. (the wall)

Additionally, the cliffside and general landscaping is nicely done, and the houses give a great backdrop to the parade in the street. Well done!

On the other hand, Olean involvement in Charlatan Bay is sure to raise some eyebrows in nearby Corlander settlements, should word get out... ;)

Thank you! The crane is surely the best part. Rotating the central pole, the platform can be lifted or lowered along the rails, without capsizing. It is nice, but probably with a little bit more cliff would be more effective! :grin:

Officially the involvement of my character has become public since the last KPA, I’ll refer to that in the next part.

On 8/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, Legonaut said:

Really Neat Build there, the Overall Look and the Background Story give a nice Touch. Especially Like Bregir mentioned before is the Elevator crane a really cool and creative Idea! 

Keep Things Up :)

Thank you! To be honest I like the result, but all the credit about the idea goes to @Kwatchi, who created the settlement of Charlatan Bay and its cranes!

Great work on the scene, especially the winch itself. I'm looking forward to the story continuing!

Neat build! I was going to ask if the elevator actually works, but you've already answered that question. Like Bregir (and others probably) it reminds me of Castle Black and its Wall elevator from Game of Thrones. I love how you made the Sea Rats flag. It's a simple solution, but contains all what is necessary: yellow, blue and a trident. Nice!