STHLM

[MOC] Residential building and metro station entrance

19th century residential building with a 21st century metro station entrance

I've had this picture for some time, but never gotten round to try the technique, until now:

36434589774_837cb981ff_z.jpg
Laboratory by Kyla Overbay, on Flickr

This is how the foundation turned out:
48398132431_8def91fdac_z.jpg
[MOC] Residential building and metro station entrance by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

The front:
48398272992_1ea1385060_z.jpg
[MOC] Residential building and metro station entrance by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

Busy businessman:
48398272582_3e5d04ec50_z.jpg

48398272382_614f7d6074_c.jpg

Entrance to the slightly nicer part of the house:
48398272242_ac107f1282_z.jpg

Edited by STHLM

Cool build! And thanks for explaining that technique, which is quite awesome (too bad most people wont notice the effort that went into such a detail). The result is very subtle but looks amazing.

I love this model. The ivy growing up the back of the building looks really good. The brick build doors have a really unique look that I like. And the steps coming from those doors, I don't think I've ever seen steps built like that before.

But there are 2 major stars of this build. First is the technique for the base of the building involving the 1x2 log bricks and the slope. It looks beautiful and gives a very distinct look. And I like that you posted an image that shows how it is done. I would never have been able to figure that one out on my own.

The other star is the metro entrance. Not only is the build impressive, but it really looks like it goes under the street. I love the fact that you showed us how it is done and yet is still looks impressive.

10 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Cool build! And thanks for explaining that technique, which is quite awesome (too bad most people wont notice the effort that went into such a detail). The result is very subtle but looks amazing.

Thank you! Well, I realize that most people won't spot the foundation, but I build mostly for my own joy.

8 hours ago, Bludchylde said:

I love this model. The ivy growing up the back of the building looks really good. The brick build doors have a really unique look that I like. And the steps coming from those doors, I don't think I've ever seen steps built like that before.

But there are 2 major stars of this build. First is the technique for the base of the building involving the 1x2 log bricks and the slope. It looks beautiful and gives a very distinct look. And I like that you posted an image that shows how it is done. I would never have been able to figure that one out on my own.

The other star is the metro entrance. Not only is the build impressive, but it really looks like it goes under the street. I love the fact that you showed us how it is done and yet is still looks impressive.

Thanks! I think the steps are pretty standard, but I'm glad you like them.

The foundation took some work and I can't praise Kyla Overbay enough for posting this image:

36434589774_837cb981ff.jpg

Laboratory by Kyla Overbay, on Flickr

I'm happy you like the metro entrance! I like to show how things are done, sharing is caring, right?

For the metro entrance, I tried another approach first, but it didn't turn out too good. There are some WIP-pictures on Swebirck: https://www.swebrick.se/index.php?topic=14217.0

On 7/31/2019 at 11:08 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Epic MOC and beautiful color for that immense roof :thumbup:

The entrance of the metro is really impressive! :excited:

Thanks! I'm happy you enjoy it.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:14 AM, gotoAndLego said:

Clever foundation.

Thank you! I owe Kyla Overbay a lot.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:41 AM, Man with a hat said:

Stunning creation. And the techniques user are very clever. Thanks for showing them.

Thanks! I like to share, hopefully it will inspire others.