Legostone

Galleon Esperanza

Hello, I present a small Galleon I've been building recently. Think she'll be a class 4, though I guess its at the upper size for those vessels?

48381320707_479bc8524f_b.jpg

48381181826_93246db830_b.jpg

48381181816_75bb4a697e_b.jpg

48381320712_61b3470d05_b.jpg

Gonna leave it with little words since I think the pics should be plenty and I'm too tired to type out a story :D 

Wow! She is absolutely stunning! The small details of the stern really complete the ship. I also love your color palette for the ship (notably the dark green) and I think it's a very fitting color palette for a galleon. Her crew is very lucky to have such a beautiful ship to sail.

On a quick side note, what are the pieces you used that are placed to the left and right of the windows? They look like sprues, but I'm not entirely certain. None the less, I think they look excellent!

I agree with the neighborhood merchant, the details on the stern and the galleries are very well worked out and the colors fit together nicely. It is a very beautiful vessel

Legostone yet another beautiful ship ... Fitting for a wealthy merchant ... Love the parts usage.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

They look like sprues,

They held the ninja stars together ... I use them as manifolds in my steam trains.  But you are correct technically they are sprues.

Impressive ship, Legostone! And I agree with you, the details of the ship speak by themselves! :classic:

Your built has a really old school look... but with numerous stunning and avant-garde use of classical (and some weird) parts.

So an overall amazing ship ! ( That stern !! :thumbup: )

Wow! It looks really amazing. Great embellishments. These ships were indeed as much warships as they were displays of wealth. The choice is colour is really good too. The green lets the gold stand out well. And the sails look fantastic. A good choice to go for an off-white tone, that makes them look properly weathered. All in all really beautiful work.:classic:

I agree with the others. Saw this one on Flickr but a such addition to Eslandola.. Inspiring

I love this ship! :wub: You've really packed a lot onto those small hull pieces. Impressive! :thumbup:

I'm going to take some time to look this one over closely. Plenty of stuff in there to inspire me on future builds.

On 7/27/2019 at 6:56 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow! She is absolutely stunning! The small details of the stern really complete the ship. I also love your color palette for the ship (notably the dark green) and I think it's a very fitting color palette for a galleon. Her crew is very lucky to have such a beautiful ship to sail.

On a quick side note, what are the pieces you used that are placed to the left and right of the windows? They look like sprues, but I'm not entirely certain. None the less, I think they look excellent!

Thanks! Roadmonkey replied about the parts around the windows - its indeed the sprues from the ninjago throwing stars :pir-laugh:

On 7/27/2019 at 8:05 PM, yanwilma said:

I agree with the neighborhood merchant, the details on the stern and the galleries are very well worked out and the colors fit together nicely. It is a very beautiful vessel

Thanks!

On 7/27/2019 at 8:18 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Legostone yet another beautiful ship ... Fitting for a wealthy merchant ... Love the parts usage.

They held the ninja stars together ... I use them as manifolds in my steam trains.  But you are correct technically they are sprues.

Thanks and thanks for the answer ;) 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, Keymonus said:

Impressive ship, Legostone! And I agree with you, the details of the ship speak by themselves! :classic:

Thanks!

On 7/27/2019 at 11:56 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Your built has a really old school look... but with numerous stunning and avant-garde use of classical (and some weird) parts.

So an overall amazing ship ! ( That stern !! :thumbup: )

Thanks! Glad you like the stern, a lot of time was spent on the details :D 

On 7/28/2019 at 3:28 AM, Littleworlds said:

Wow! It looks really amazing. Great embellishments. These ships were indeed as much warships as they were displays of wealth. The choice is colour is really good too. The green lets the gold stand out well. And the sails look fantastic. A good choice to go for an off-white tone, that makes them look properly weathered. All in all really beautiful work.:classic:

Thanks! Green and gold just work so well together :D 

On 7/28/2019 at 12:26 PM, Fraunces said:

I agree with the others. Saw this one on Flickr but a such addition to Eslandola.. Inspiring

Thanks! Hope to see something inspired by it!

On 7/29/2019 at 4:51 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love this ship! :wub: You've really packed a lot onto those small hull pieces. Impressive! :thumbup:

I'm going to take some time to look this one over closely. Plenty of stuff in there to inspire me on future builds.

Thanks! Can't go much larger then this on the small hulls - I think 3 midsections is the absolute maximum for these. Your vessels were some inspiration for me as well, I think I'm gonna continue building a couple galleons for now - this one was a lot of fun to put together.

Well, whoever said the stern was fantastic was totally right!  A very nice ship, Legostone! :thumbup:

As always an excellent vessel !

I really like how your stern turned out ! It is amazing how you greatly placed every golden piece ! :pir-wub:

I hope I could see her in Brickmania Antwerpen this year !

you deserved a frontpage ! And it's done ! :pir-laugh:

excellent job !

I love the green color-scheme, kinda makes it stand out among the other Lego Pirates. And that whitish grey shark is on point. Also that's a lot of studs.

The only flaw I can say about this is that perhaps you could have incorporated more green into the pirates? Especially when there are like pieces that fit, in fact it seems that two of the pirates already fit that mold

Nicely built hull! Rigging and yeah, everything else, is also nice, but the hull shape is amazing!

Stunning ship. Apologies if this has been discussed before, since I'm a bit new to all of this, but where did you get/make the sails and the rigging? Those aren't from any existing LEGO set, right?

Fantastic ship Legostone! the bow and stern are both really nicely detailed!

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, Leverandon said:

Stunning ship. Apologies if this has been discussed before, since I'm a bit new to all of this, but where did you get/make the sails and the rigging? Those aren't from any existing LEGO set, right?

You are correct that they are not from existing lego. Most ship builders craft their own sails (either from cloth or paper) and make their own "rope" and rigging to suit their needs.