obijon

[MOC] MINIs from Star Wars Rebels NEW Pelta-Class Frigate

Posted (edited)

Hello again everyone

This week I present the Shadow Caster a Lancer-class pursuit craft - the ship of Bounty Hunter Ketsu Onyo from the excellent (well last 3 series anyway) Star Wars Rebels animated series.

I was ill a while back and my attention span at the time was only an hour or so so watching a few Rebels episodes at a time fit nicely.  It made me realise that there were a lot of vehicles from the animated series, not just Rebels, that I have not built or could update form my old collection so this is the first of many from this genre so keep an eye open.

This is not a very tricky build, The difficult part was getting the colour scheme right whilst not making the model too thick.  The new maccaroni tile pieces and 6x3 semi circle plates certainly helped with that once I realised that they existed.  I tend to find out about new parts now when my son gets a new set!  I think i have the overall shape and dimensions just about right.

I am surpised an official minifig scale set of this was not made.  As this was not the case I have also had to build a Ketsu Onyo minifig from official parts for the display.  This is not my speciality so if anyone can think of better minifigure parts let me know.

Anyway, enough waffle, here is the model.  Let me know what you think.

Jon

shadowcaster1.jpgshadowcaster2.jpgshadowcaster3.jpgshadowcaster4.jpgshadowcaster5.jpgshadowcasterdisplay.jpgketsuonyo.jpg

Edited by obijon

Posted (edited)

Hi again everyone

Another model from Rebels this time – the Phantom II.  The Phantom II is a modified Sheathipede-class transport shuttle. It replaced the original Phantom, which was destroyed.

This is quite a simple little model.  The only tricky part of the build was making it 5 studs wide without being too thick.  Luckily the wedge piece and inverted slope piece used for the main part of the hull have open studs.

I am not entirely satisfied with this little model.  The dimensions are pretty much spot-on according to the specifications so it is accurate but I can’t quite put my finger on it.  Maybe it is my photography!

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Jon

phantomii1.jpgphantomii2.jpgphantomii3.jpgphantomii4.jpgphantomii5.jpgphantomiidisplay.jpg

Edited by obijon

These are both great little models! The Phantom II looks fine to me. Maybe the orange circles are a bit close to the front of the fin? But at this scale there’s not much room to move them. It looks good the way it is, though. Keep up the fantastic work! Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Hello again everyone

Having survived school holidays with the monster going back to school and trips to see the in-laws I finally have time to publish a new model.

Continuing the theme of the last couple of models again this one s from the Rebels series. Originally seen in Clone Wars this is the Pelta-Class frigate.  This vessel was a medical frigate in Clone wars but was the Rebel Flagship in Rebels - Phoenix Home.

I decided to use the new 1x1 45 double slopes for this model as it made the model look sleeker rather than the 1x2 pieces.  I also decided to attach the wings at the back using a clip tile - simple is sometimes better.

Anyway it is quite a simple build but it does the job.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

peltaclassfrigate1.jpgpeltaclassfrigate2.jpgpeltaclassfrigate3.jpgpeltaclassfrigate4.jpgpeltaclassfrigate5.jpgpeltaclassfrigatedisplay.jpg

Really interesting comparison. I don't think I know the ship but it's fun to see two different approaches to building it. Well done to both.

Mine is 1:2600. Looks like @obijon's is about the same size, somewhere around 14 studs in length. The ISD would need to be roughly 75 studs or 2 feet in length to be at the same scale. 

Thanks all.

The Pelta is around 300m in length so to be in scale the MINI would need to be roughly 18cm (23 studs) in length to be in 1:1600 scale.