Bob

Star Trek Mafia - Day Five

st_mafia_banner_2.png

img_2505.jpg

It took a few moments for the Captain's chair to beep after Sulu had been beamed away.

"Security here, Captain. It looks like Mr. Sulu has been replaced by a Romulan! We're conducting a search of the ship for the real Sulu right now. The infiltrator has been locked in the brig."

"Ah! Finally! Thank you." Kirk said, ending the call. "Well, that's one down!"

There was mild reaction from the remaining crew. They seemed to be very tired, this whole ordeal had lasted nearly a day, and the Romulan ship was still out there, looking for them.

"I've got a question." Scotty asked, finally.

"Yes, Mr. Scott?"

img_2506.jpg

"Is Abe Lincoln going to be here for the rest of the game? Because it's really unsettling."

---

You may now vote. With five players, a majority of three is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day.

Players: 

kirk.jpg
Captain James T Kirk - NPC
mccoy.jpg
Lieutenant Commander McCoy - Umbra-Manis
scotty.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Scott - Hinckley
uhura.jpg
Lieutenant Uhura - Chromeknight
mallory.jpg
Ensign Mallory - CMP
chapel.jpg
Nurse Chapel - Khscarymovie4

In The Brig
spock.jpg
Commander Spock - Trekkie99 - Starfleet Officer
kyle.jpg
Lieutenant Kyle - KotZ - Starfleet Officer
chekov.jpg
Ensign Chekov - jimmynick - Starfleet Officer
sulu.jpg
Lieutenant Sulu - Tariq j - Romulan Agent

Rules (Please Read!)
1) There are nine players. Two of those players are Romulan Agents. The other seven are loyal Starfleet Officers. There are no third party players.
2) A game day will last for 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else.
3) There are no night actions in this game. The Starfleet Officers win by voting out all of the Romulans and the Romulans win by outnumbering or tying the town in a parity.
4) Use the power of the vote to win this game.
5) The alignment of players that have been voted out will be revealed the next day.
6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the Romulans
7) Don't quote anything that the host sends you via PM
8) Once you are voted out, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players.
9) Don't edit your posts!
10) There's no clues anywhere.

giphy.gif

I was hoping this was a Freudian slip:

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Well here we are. Uhura still hasn't responded to me. All I can say us when I flip town tomorrow go after him and McCoy. I bet my hat they are the last scum

The last Scum. :laugh: Collectively? I was thinking a Townie would say "They are the Scum."

I have some thoughts on the who the last Romulan is. But I'd rather take a freaking break and enjoy the feeling of my brain re-shaping itself into a braid.

Wait, not braid, brain. See? It's working.

Yeeehaaw! 

:moar: You know this thing I found called an emoji makes me want to eat up the traitor. Can we do that?

Going by what I said yesterday, obviously team 1 is out like I thought it would be. That leaves 2 and 3 unless Scotty and Mallory have tricked me good. So who could be the last one? McCoy or Uhura? I said yesterday Sulu had been calling out McCoy on day 3 and interesting too note that he was quite on mention Uhura tell yesterday. But hey, if two of the biggest suspects are you and your partner what else can you do but call the other out? Were Sulu and Uhura's votes for each other attempts to make the other look more townie when it looked very possible one of them was going to die? Was that what Sulu's attack against McCoy on day 3 was? I find that Uhura being Sulu's partner is the more likely team up, but I am curious as to what others think. 

6 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I find that Uhura being Sulu's partner is the more likely team up, but I am curious as to what others think. 

OK, Uhura's diatribe at the end of yesterday reminded me how a certain Hippo bemoaned not being able to PM during a holovideo called The Forest 3. He very calmly detailed life without PMs this time around. Compared to the torture it was for the hippo and the ease of acceptance and analysis from Uhura, I'd say he's playing a different side this time.

If you haven't seen that video, I'll break it down for you: The hippo is Uhura. He hated not having PMs in The Forest 3 and he was a Townie. He hasn't complained once about it and this situation is much more frustrating than The Forest 3...well, from my perspective because I hosted The Forest 3...so is his lack of complaint over not PMing a Scum tell?

Reee-Rooo! Reee-Rooo! Reee-Rooo!

What's that noise?

Metagaming Alarm!

Reee-Rooo! Reee-Rooo! Reee-Rooo!

Hell yeah! :grin: :grin:

I'm thinking Uhura. Based on what Chapel and I analyzed yesterday, I think it gels a lot better.

It's like a tremendous weight has been beamed off my shoulders...

58 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Well it's about freakin time we got one of these smelly discount vulcans!

Congratulations on avoiding three lynches. Technically, four. Because I thought we should've lynched you yesterday. :blush: Sowwy.

I'm drinking to Sulu right now. The real Sulu. I admit, I'm actually having a drink to relax off of the Mafia stress. :laugh:

No really, I am.

We should definitely have a dance party:

giphy.gif

Let me say that this game must be super racist if the Scum are Hulu and Uhula.

:facepalm:

Hulu and Uhura Prime. I'm thinking about watching a movie...

McCoy is looking at the IDEAS topic!!! He's Scum!!! :sing:

:blush:

Just to clarify: I'm blowing off steam, not gloating.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

"Is Abe Lincoln going to be here for the rest of the game? Because it's really unsettling."

I have more questions:

I hear tell of Genghis Khan joining us too. Where is he?

If the real Sulu is hidden somewhere on this ship, wouldn't he be with the other real member of our crew who is an impostor on the bridge? Can't security just tell us who they find Sulu with?

Is a zebra white with black stripes or black with white stripes?

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

If the real Sulu is hidden somewhere on this ship, wouldn't he be with the other real member of our crew who is an impostor on the bridge? Can't security just tell us who they find Sulu with?

Stop asking completely logical questions. 

Sulu’s greatest hits.

Day one. Three votes on McCoy already. Sulu has a easy vote option, be number four on McCoy. Not the hammer, not the band leader. But no, vote for Scotty with jokey reason, later withdrawn. He ends up hammering Spock.

one point for McCoy, one for Scotty.

Day two. Scotty calls out Sulu for low post count. Sulu holds back on the vote. It’s tied 3-3 McCoy(again) and Kyle. He plumps for Kyle, saving McCoy. Uhura calls him out for waffleposting.

one point for McCoy, minus one for Scott

Day three. Votes on McCoy (also he should have had penalty votes for not voting day two, but oh well). Sulu begins to unhinge as Chekov lays a vote on him and Malloy and Chapel call him out as scummy. Then Chekov self votes after digging scummiest player hole. I get drawn in, as does Mallory. Then Sulu votes McCoy?!? After Chekov is hammered though.

Two pings for McCoy. Half a ping for Scotty, getting sucked into the Chekov hole made him lose sight of the Sulu-scummy, coulda been deliberate?

Finally Day four. Bam! First vote McCoy for Uhura. Chapel lays out three possible teams, but discounts McCoy/Uhura. leaving Sulu as common thread. Malloy analyses Uhura and, Unsurprisingly second vote: Sulu for Uhura. Sulu gets lynched and his last words point to me, but also to McCoy?!?

I still think McCoy is scum and have done reading to back up my gut feeling

vote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

If it’s right, we win.

if it’s wrong, Day 6 is likely me and then day 7 is Malloy v.  Chapel v. Scotty

11 hours ago, Hinckley said:

We should definitely have a dance party:

giphy.gif

It seem two of our science officers are participating in this dance party in their regulation length dresses :laugh:

3 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

vote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

If it’s right, we win.

if it’s wrong, Day 6 is likely me and then day 7 is Malloy v.  Chapel v. Scotty

Or we could skip to your day 6 now and not leave this bridge without a doctor, and end this game. Competent as Nurse is, she's still a little preoccupied at night with the show's creator.   

Vote: Uhura (chromeknight)

4 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Sulu’s greatest hits.

Day one. Three votes on McCoy already. Sulu has a easy vote option, be number four on McCoy. Not the hammer, not the band leader. But no, vote for Scotty with jokey reason, later withdrawn. He ends up hammering Spock.

one point for McCoy, one for Scotty.

Day two. Scotty calls out Sulu for low post count. Sulu holds back on the vote. It’s tied 3-3 McCoy(again) and Kyle. He plumps for Kyle, saving McCoy. Uhura calls him out for waffleposting.

one point for McCoy, minus one for Scott

Day three. Votes on McCoy (also he should have had penalty votes for not voting day two, but oh well). Sulu begins to unhinge as Chekov lays a vote on him and Malloy and Chapel call him out as scummy. Then Chekov self votes after digging scummiest player hole. I get drawn in, as does Mallory. Then Sulu votes McCoy?!? After Chekov is hammered though.

Two pings for McCoy. Half a ping for Scotty, getting sucked into the Chekov hole made him lose sight of the Sulu-scummy, coulda been deliberate?

Oh yay! He chose me to try to convince Malloy and Chapel of being Scum. :blush: Aaaaw, gee. Thanks. Luckily, Chapel probably won't fall for that and I don't know who Malloy is but Mallory probably won't fall for it either. But it's not like he wasn't trying it yesterday too:

On 7/24/2019 at 3:34 AM, Chromeknight said:

nope, I didn’t care if I get scrutiny for a vote. I’m playing the game I always play. Which amusingly, always drives Scotty mad because he can’t read me. 

I do regret not sticking with McCoy, but I’m not too busted up about that given Chekov’s confusing behaviour. 

Much as Scotty can be hyper he has said one thing I found useful.

Previous to this Helpful Scotty divides the group into “good” guys and “bad” guys, calls the “good” guys to work together and lays out this gem, apparently saying 

“don’t worry if my target seems townie, the fact that I delivered three town lynches already should be ignored” 

Now, I’m not offended that Scotty has decided he needs to do me later. I’d suggest it means he needs to put extra work into pulling stuff out of what I’ve said and done to paint me as scummy. 

So was I driven mad by not being able to read Uhura or was I a diabolical mastermind orchestrating the death of every Starfleet Officer on this ship? Notice there's no vote to go along with the accusation. Just hoping someone else will cultivate the seed. Unlike his repeated emphatic votes for McCoy, or his repeated confident sheep votes. But I delivered his votes onto those wagons, because that's what I do. Deliver lynches. Actually, I hope we get this sorted soon, I have midwife class.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Chromeknight said:

Didn’t say lead. Said delivered.

Oh, well that's much more clear. What's the difference between led and delivered? In the context of me being responsible for the lynches...

On 7/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Chromeknight said:

You haven’t always voted first on a player (that’d be a ping) nor have you called players out but not voted for them (that’d be a ping) nor have you always been the hammer vote (that’d be a ping). But you have always voted for the officer who went to the brig. Perhaps that’s inevitable in such a small game, and true, you’ve nowhere said, ‘look at me I stayed of that vote train on a townie I’m town’ (saying so would be a ping). By that count you have no pings. The trouble is that most players have a ping or two each game as they go through. Mostly because they don’t care and aren’t avoiding notice. Sometimes because they are trying to force and outcome. But you, Scotty, are all clean. And the question is, is that because you’re a very experienced town player who knows how to not distract the town or a very experienced scum player who knows how to not garner attention. From the quote above, you seem the towniest of the town.

I've led a pingless life. Or did I deliver a pingless life?

My votes aren't anywhere near pingless. Chapel definitely doesn't like the way I hang back and wait to see what other people do. I think someone else mentioned it. Sulu? Me? Didn't I spend several paragraphs touting my enormous ego and why I placed my votes where I did? Why I never voted first, why I voted when the votes could still go both ways? I explained my views on the weight my vote carries in detail. And I even demonstrated why your and Sulu's votes always being in close proximity with mine or with the direction I was delivering the lynch. Mwahahahaha! We cannae do it, she doesn't have enough power! But I do! Mwahahahaha! I have the power to deliver every lynch!! Mwahahaha!!!!!

Oops, what was I talking about? Oh right, me. My vote position has been super Scummy every day. And definitely not the way I usually roll. I mean, we could analyze the last few games I played. I had been trying to sit back more and more as Town, but enough about me. :blush: I've been deliberately pingy, WIFOMing my proximity with Mallory. Nobody dug into it because honest actions read as honest. My next Scum game is going to suck! Apologies to whatever Scum team I end up on. I can't replicate this gameplay as Scum. I've tried. It doesn't work.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:10 AM, Khscarymovie4 said:

I don't think you have voted yet. Not sure why your asking other why when you have not yourself.

I mean to say "Great analysis" yesterday and I forgot. I was in a hurry in the morning and you and Mallory both posted walls of text while I was sleeping. I meant to address this question. I had addressed it earlier in the game and did again above, there. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring it.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, CMP said:

I keep saying I'm ambivalent on McCoy. The only reason I ever voted for him was to "close the case", I think was the phrase I used. Looking back...nobody ever really investigated that case. Uhura OPENS the case, and then suggests that people not actively wanting to CLOSE the case might be scum (valid point), but she has provided pretty much nothing whatsoever to the case itself. I might actually suspect McCoy if anyone, maybe the person that votes him every single day, does some analysis on him or...something.

It seems like nobody else is going to carry the burden of actually trying to get McCoy lynched for Uhura, and she seems worryingly okay with that.

I originally quoted your entire post to make a joke about this being a TV show, but I can't remember what and I read the post three times and I'll never get that time back. I will say, it's interesting that now she has finally gone through this case from beginning to end, which doesn't count once you've been accused by everyone in the game. I think only your action before that counts at this point. It's also odd how much of her case against McCoy revolves around me??? But she never comes out and closes that case. Maybe she wants Malloy to do it, whoever he is.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, Chromeknight said:

Hence I poked at Scotty, as the most town seeming and someone cheerfully gathering a little group around him and seeming them ok. 

Frankly, it’s what I would do if I were scum. Find a useful active townie, get them onside and carry the day.

For the record, I was never cheerful when I was gathering and never gathering when I was cheerful. Wait...what? *huh* We see the Scotty seed planted again, with hopes someone will water it. I deliver lynches and carry the day, like a Titan. I'm that good.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, Chromeknight said:

We aren’t scum mates, so Chapel’s proposed teams is down to either Sulu/McCoy or some combination involving Scotty and or Malloy.

vote: Sulu(TariqJ)

Even though I worry about Scotty, if you had me at rapier point and asked me who the Romulans are, I’d pick Malloy and Chapel. I haven’t done the analysis or gone through quotables, it’s purely a gut feeling. Why Sulu then? Chapel is right, it’s a decent test, he could well be floaty scum.

Super smart place to put your vote since Sulu and McCoy are voting together. Beep! Beep! Move, bitch! Get out the way! The teammate bus is coming through.

This quote altogether is basically: Scotty's Scum. McCoy McCoy McCoy. Sulu? Who's that? If it's not McCoy, it's Scott. But if you had me at rapier point, it's Malloy or Chapel. Why am I voting for Sulu? Because Chapel, who I have a gut feeling is Scum, has a good point so I'll vote along with her at a vital point in the balance of the game because if I voted for her then I wouldn't be on my Scum teammate's lynch vote and it would look way worse for me tomorrow. So I'm going along with the plan of my gut feeling Scum read and voting against someone I've vaguely mentioned one time during the entire game and who am I kidding? Scotty delivers all of my votes.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, Tariq j said:

This makes no sense. You admit yourself you think that Mallory and Chapel are the scum yet you vote for me, based of Chapel’s logic. A person YOU think his scum. 

Sulu made the same point! Even Scum can sniff out Scum.

Vote: Uhura (Chromeknight)

I was really hoping that Mallory, Uhura and I were on the same side because I'm painfully nostalgic for Ragnarok 3. This is one reason Uhura flying under the radar worked for the first couple of days. She was doing enough to avoid suspicion and I really wanted her to be on the same side. This is all assuming I'm right. There seem to be enough inconsistencies that I'm confident we're right? Otherwise, I look forward to working together again some day. Maybe even with PMs! Although I'm not sure my life would support that sort of time investment in a game ever again. :cry_sad: But never say never!

:wub: to every player from beginning to end of this game. My sarcastic sense of humor sometimes gets carried away so I hope I haven't hurt Chekov's feelings. That was weird. I meant anyone's feelings. :blush: I sincerely apologize if I have.

I mean, there's no rule about formatting, but I forgot to bold it for Captain James T. Bob's sake:

Vote Count:
Doctor McCoy / Umbra-Manis  - 1 (Chromeknight)
Lieutenant Uhura / Chromeknight - 2 (Umbra-Manis, Hinckley) 

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Lieutenant Uhura / Chromeknight - 2 (Umbra-Manis, Hinckley) 

Oooooh! A vote count. Fancy. :oh3:

Like I said above it's down to Uhura and McCoy. Uhura has been on my suspicious list mostly due to her sliding by nature. McCoy has done some odd things and has pretty much been high on my list sence day 2. With Sulu turning scum looking at the reactions is probably the best approach. On day 3 Sulu was aiming to lynch McCoy pretty hard. Even when Chekov was the preferd candidate he went after McCoy. This is an odd thing too do to your scum bud if you two are both being looked at. Maybe it was an attempt to try and look more townie if McCoy was eventually lynched?

With Uhura the relationship has been quite silent. Except yesterday when Sulu went after Uhura. Last minute attempt to make the other scummo look townie? Sulu's suspicion oh Uhura seemed to emerge after I said they were the most popular team up. 

Judging on this I still think team 3 is the winner with Sulu and Uhura hiding in their halloween costumes. Sulu pushing (or sort of just wanting) a lynch against his own scum buddy is a bit too odd for me. And the idea that his real scum buddy Sulu remained silent about until he was practically forced to vote for her seems more likely. 

Yes I was worried about Chapel and Mallory. But that was because I didn’t know Sulu’s allegience. I’ve seen Sulu flip scum since then. I’m less worried about them now.

I’ve said I don’t think scum would bus scum. I’m totally prepared to be wrong. Mafia games make fools of us all. 

If, after tomorrow and McCoys lynch, the game continues it’ll be LyLo and the three of you will face a brain bending Mexican showdown. I don’t envy you.

I'm gonna go ahead and Vote: Uhura/Chromknight for...reasons posted yesterday and whatnot. I'm tired. :blush:

26 minutes ago, CMP said:

I'm gonna go ahead and Vote: Uhura/Chromknight for...reasons posted yesterday and whatnot. I'm tired. :blush:

Enjoy day six ya sheep!

Vote Count:
Lieutenant Uhura / Chromeknight - 4 (Umbra-Manis, Hinckley, Khscarymovie4, CMP) 

Did they find the real Sulu yet?

Did we get ice cream? Someone promised we'd have ice cream. :look:

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

Did they find the real Sulu yet?

Did we get ice cream? Someone promised we'd have ice cream. :look:

The captain is probably saving the ice cream for after we officially have both romulans, brain freeze would impair our decision making skills. 

I’ma eat all the ice cream before you get there. And you won’t be allowed to say anything ‘cause I’m Uhura.

Your name is Periu Thakus. :tongue: That's what the Romulan name generator tells me, anyway.

img_2512.jpg

"What are all of you doing?" Kirk asked. "Why isn't everyone repairing the bridge consoles? Or manning stations?"

"Sorry, Captain." Uhura said. "We're on our ice cream break." 

img_2513.jpg

"I think I need a drink." 

Vote Count:

There's about an hour and a bit left in Day Five.

Vote Count:

With four votes, Lieutenant Uhura has been voted out. 

img_2514.jpg

"Alright Lieutenant--"

"Just beam me out of this. I'm done." Uhura replied.

img_2514_-_copy.jpg

Uhura was promptly beamed away.

img_2515.jpg

"I think I need a nap." Kirk said. "Anyone else?"

"I've still got an ice cream headache." Mallory said.