Berthil

Modular Botanical Garden with Sakura Tree, free instructions

The Botanical garden has an indoor Sakura Tree, a fountain, numerous plants and a flower shop and coffee corner. It is a modular, the roof with ventilators can be removed. The statue on the front is Persophone, goddess of the springtime, flowers and vegetation. Also goddess of the underworld, (wife of Hades) but that's less relevant in this context :). She holds a sistrum (musical instrument).
Free building instruction, parts list and PDF for sign sticker available on rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-26998/Berthil/botanical-garden/

48374926681_dd7f1d6e74_c.jpg

48374923696_1e1867f0d6_c.jpg

48374921306_158953dde8_c.jpg

48374916496_a04560c98a_c.jpg

48374913441_244f05d76d_c.jpg

48375050467_8dee43c5ec_c.jpg

48375047212_0441abe30c_c.jpg

48374904606_028dc186da_c.jpg

48374902251_3fbfe19ccb_c.jpg

48375039547_bef5ee1d80_c.jpg

48375034267_77e02db859_c.jpg

48375030247_c137fbda0f_c.jpg

48374888036_e728776b23_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

Love the entire look and feel of this. For a botanical garden, the design embraces functionality. At the same time it looks like it would stand out in anyone's setup.

What font is the sign made from? It looks really cool and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy of it.

@Bludchylde Thanks! Overal I tried to design in the direction of Art Nouveau/Jugendstil so also with the font.
The Font is called ParisMetro and should be available for free when you Google for it.
The name is not by accident ParisMetro, the font resembles the sign of a famous Art Nouveau metro entrance in Paris, Port Dauphine:

Hector-Guimard-Subway-Metro-Entrance-Par

I really love the shaping! It's bold and unique, especially when paired with those big transparent panels. I really like the colors and the details too.

The upper section does look a bit like a bus/train in one of the images. :laugh: (I think it's great)

This is brilliant. So beautiful and densely detailed. There is so much for the eye to discover! :classic:

Currently my free building instruction of the Botanical Garden is being sold on eBay so don't buy it as it is free on Rebrickable (see 1st topic):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233456452324

You can help please by reporting the item to eBay:
https://ocswf.ebay.com/rti/compose?items=233456452324&seller=rcgrocery
Somehow for me this page doesn't work, I can't select a category so I would appreciate any help.

That's amazing. I never got around to buying Ship in a Bottle because it was always overpriced to me, but this is exactly what I wanted to do with the window pieces. It's perfect. I never buy a set the first day of release, but I'd buy this right away. It's stunning.

thank you very much for share the idea of this clean and clear building, many application of this kind of building, maybe a coffee bar as well.

Thank you all!

Just to let you know my design has been stolen and cloned to a LEPIN / Mouldking set without my permission!
I'm NOT endorsing this set and would kindly ask any potential buyer to stay away from it.

Edited by Berthil

3 hours ago, Berthil said:

Thank you all!

Just to let you know my design has been stolen and cloned to a LEPIN / Mouldking set without my permission!
I'm NOT endorsing this set and would kindly ask any potential buyer to stay away from it.

link removed

I'm sorry mate, those Chinese copiers are ruthless. Still I strongly recommend you to remove the direct link, and post a screenshot of the product instead. Otherwise you might advertise it :/

Edited by Rick

4 minutes ago, Doge said:

I'm sorry mate, those Chinese copiers are ruthless. Still I strongly recommend you to remove the direct link, and post a screenshot of the product instead. Otherwise you might advertise it :/

You've copied it in your quote of my message and I can't remove that :)

On 6/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, Berthil said:

I'm happy to announce MouldKing has paid for the design and in this way has honored me as the original designer.
I won't endorse non-LEGO on this forum but MouldKing has done the right thing.
The money will flow 100% into new LEGO builds :) 

Edited by Berthil
typos

5 hours ago, Berthil said:

I'm happy to announce MouldKing has paid for the design and in this way has honored me as the original designer.
I won't endorse non-LEGO on this forum but MouldKing has done the right thing.
The money will flow 100% into new LEGO builds :) 

*oh2*

Wow, congratulations! That's propably unprecedented!
Did you just contact them and they owned up to it, or was there some legal counseling involved?

I think you're not the only MOCer they stole from, either...

They had contacted me on their own 3 months ago but have not heard from them after that. I confronted them with the set they had published without my permission and they followed up a few weeks later.
I feel there is competition in China amongst set producers and they want to distinguish themselves by selling with approval from the designer.

Edited by Berthil
typos

Just wanted to express my thanks to @Berthil for the instructions for this. I've spent almost a year getting the parts together, but it's finally complete. What a great model!

51510336982_db9714e4d2_k.jpg

51510336917_b3a35bc210_k.jpg

51512069105_113addecb4_k.jpg

51511362743_f78e85f73a_k.jpg

51511140236_0de54c7fe7_k.jpg

51511849519_51c0f0359d_k.jpg

51510336742_e9a2631925_k.jpg

I made a few changes from the original. Some colour tweaks, like the flowers and the tiled floors. Added a layer of tiles/jumpers so that I could remove the structure to access everything inside, and an iron flower at the front in place of a sign. But it really is fabulous, and I'm very pleased to add it. If anyone wants to try it, you absolutely should - https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-26998/BrickPolis/botanical-garden/

Edited by RichardGoring