Itaria No Shintaku

My Facebook page

Hello everybody.

I started a facebook page some months ago talking about LEGO and making videos about that.
It's, alas, in Italian: www.facebook.com/facebrickit/ . I managed to reach 892 likes on the page, so I'm quite happy with that.
My question is: if I wanted to reach more public, should I make ANOTHER page in english? Starting again from scratch? What would happen instead if I started making also english posts? Would this annoy the resident fans?
Plus, I'd like to find somebody willing to help me, is there anyone wishing to?

Thanks for reading.

Well, I'm not a Facebook person myself so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I think a lot depends on _how_ people find your site more so than what language it's in.  The reason I say this is because every now and then I do searches for some of my own MOCs on the web.  I have my own sites where I post things (MOCPages, Flickr, etc.) and occasionally get direct feedback at those sites, but I've also discovered that other people blog about finding certain MOCs so I do extra searches just to see if my stuff shows up on sites I have nothing to do with (so I can spy on what people are saying about my work in _those_ comments).  These searches have taken me to blogs, websites, and Facebook pages in French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, etc.  And in each case, Chrome has kindly offered to translate the page to my native English (granted the quality of the translation is not always great, but still...) Automatically translating the audio track of a video is more challenging, but if you posted a transcript (in Italian) along with the video, browsers could localize (poorly?) that text with a click of a button.  So translating (and enjoying content from) foreign pages these days really isn't that hard, particularly when you're talking about a mainstream romance language like Italian.  It's getting people's attention in the first place that's probably the limiting factor.

Again, I can't speak to the whole "Facebook thing" because I decided years ago that it simply wasn't worth the effort or hassle of dealing with that company; their ever-changing "rules" regarding privacy (or lack thereof), content ownership; and, a search engines that made it easier to find things from the outside looking in than one member trying to find content from another -- but, in general I've found that diversifying where you "advertise" helps.  When you post to websites like this one, post photos of MOCs at various hosting sites, or post content on YouTube, be sure to include contact information, preferably a live link back to your page (where the hosting sites allow such references).  Regardless of your native language, you can't attract followers if people don't know you exist or can't find you among the other ten million sites that crop up when you search for something generic like "Lego Set Review" or "Lego video"