Bob

Star Trek Mafia - Day Four

4 minutes ago, CMP said:

If we lynch Sulu and he's town, then it's you, me, Chapel, Uhura, and McCoy. I really don't think it's Uhura and McCoy. So that leaves either Uhura and you/Chapel, McCoy and you/Chapel, or you and Chapel. I'm not laying the groundwork to lynch either of you, but am I wrong in saying we're going to have to analyze the hell out of eachother either way if we're wrong about Sulu?

My brain actually will explode if we have to go there.

Just now, Hinckley said:

My brain actually will explode if we have to go there.

Yeah, it's a pretty miserable possibility to contemplate. :sceptic:

58 minutes ago, CMP said:

That's your secret, Lieutenant Commander. You're always paranoid.

This goes with what I said a minute ago:

If we lynch Sulu and he's town, then it's you, me, Chapel, Uhura, and McCoy. I really don't think it's Uhura and McCoy. So that leaves either Uhura and you/Chapel, McCoy and you/Chapel, or you and Chapel. I'm not laying the groundwork to lynch either of you, but am I wrong in saying we're going to have to analyze the hell out of eachother either way if we're wrong about Sulu?

I am town. Uhura still hasn’t responded even to me over the concerns I’ve raised. By lynching me you’re practically giving the scum this win. If you lynch me today that leaves 5 members left. Two of which will be Romulans. It only takes a mis lynch for the scum to win. Trust me when I say this: Lynch Uhura, him and McCoy must be the last scum. Chapel being scum doesn’t seems likely. 

Mccoy and Mallory, possibly Mallory and Scotty but I don’t know.

56 minutes ago, CMP said:

Yeah, it's a pretty miserable possibility to contemplate. :sceptic:

It will be miserable. For the sake of the town (and Scotty’s brain) I urge you all to reconsider your votes here. Not just go for the easiest bandwagon.

I just over-taxed my brain imagining the scenario tomorrow if Sulu is Starfleet. I got all the way to "What if it's like Witch Hunt and there are no Scum?" My head hurts now.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

This game... :wall: I knew this wouldn't be easy but I'm pleasantly surprised at how complicated it is.

You have both stated you don't think it's Uhura and McCoy and Uhura has stated that the two Scum would never vote for each other unless pushed. If McCoy and Uhura are the two Romulans and voted for each other just so that we would think this, Uhura even served up some WIFOM for us to go with it. I was going to suggest we finally lynch McCoy. I feel better about Sulu or Uhura but every time I feel better about something in this game, the candidate is Town. If I'm right to trust the two of you (and if I'm wrong, the game is pretty much already over so great job because I don't know if I even have the energy to suspect you at this point) and we vote out McCoy and we're wrong, it's still 3 of us against 2 of them

Uhura and McCoy have had a feud sense day 1, and on day 2 Uhura pushed McCoy closer to a lynch when she could have gone for Kyle. I just don't see any benefit for these two to actively push one another so early in the game if they are both scum. They would have some crazy hindsight to know it all works out and we would be analyzing there relationship at this point. Just sounds way too odd and thus these two being a team seems very unlikely too me. 

34 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I just over-taxed my brain imagining the scenario tomorrow if Sulu is Starfleet. I got all the way to "What if it's like Witch Hunt and there are no Scum?" My head hurts now.

My brain will be fried if Sulu is town. it basically means that almost everything I have thought about today is completely wrong 

4 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Even though I worry about Scotty, if you had me at rapier point and asked me who the Romulans are, I’d pick Malloy and Chapel. I haven’t done the analysis or gone through quotables, it’s purely a gut feeling. Why Sulu then? Chapel is right, it’s a decent test, he could well be floaty scum.

So all of a sudden I'm not even your pick for one of two spots?

Seems I always miss most of the morning action. So Sulu has already been hammered, (I echo the god help us all if he's town) so we're probably going to have the rest of the day just go quiet, that's only about 4 hours from Kirk's numbers as best as I can tell, so not a huge loss. I don't see much reason to change my vote right now, but I'll be watching closely to see if anyone tries to hop off this wagon or more crazy shit like self voting again. Who knows. 

And thank you for that post @CMP

55 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Forgot about this, I'm going to go check the archives for this one, but I think we can assume Kirk isn't lying to us. Hopefully. 

Official Freaking Vote Count:
Lieutenant Sulu / Tariq j - 4 (Khscarymovie4, CMP, Chromeknight, Hinckley
Lieutenant Uhura / Chromeknight - 2 (Umbra-Manis, Tariq j) 

Just about three hours remain in Day Four. Four votes are required to lynch. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Official Freaking Vote Count:

:laugh:

Well here we are. Uhura still hasn't responded to me. All I can say us when I flip town tomorrow go after him and McCoy. I bet my hat they are the last scum. 

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

This makes no sense. You admit yourself you think that Mallory and Chapel are the scum yet you vote for me, based of Chapel’s logic. A person YOU think his scum. 

This question?

ok here goes.

If my guess is wrong, Chapel’s analysis could be right that you’re scum.

If my guess is right, Chapel needs to be shown to be wrong. She’s laid out a case for you to be lynched. If you flipped town, that would prompt sustained scrutiny of three players who’ve not (as far as I recall) garnered votes or serious attention. 

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

You and Uhura should feel really relieved that there's no PMing this game. Imagine what your life would be life fielding me in and out of the game.

By imagine, I meant remember Ragnarok 3...

That’s kinda what I was trying to say earlier. PM Hink vents paranoia privately and can deliver measured and well reasoned stuff in thread which helps hunt scum (mostly).

Plus, Eurobricks mafia has developed the unfortunate meta of ‘claim-to-Hink’, which is great if he’s town and catastrophic if scum

Without PMs Scotty vents in public sometimes creating more heat than light.

In PM Chrome would be free to say, hang on, don’t understand, explain again, without having to worry about another player chiming in with “why are you defendy-suspicioning them/me, pick a line, I get confused when you change your mind for no apparent reason, are you scum?!?”

with no PMs Uhura’s paranoia manifests as quietness, leading to accusations of middle of road sheep floaty play. 

But it is what it is, and we’re getting to the pointy end.

Final Vote Count:
Lieutenant Sulu / Tariq j - 4 (Khscarymovie4, CMP, Chromeknight, Hinckley
Lieutenant Uhura / Chromeknight - 2 (Umbra-Manis, Tariq j) 

With 4 votes, Lieutenant Sulu has been lynched! 

img_2504.jpg

The crew waited, bored and confused, as Captain Kirk delayed in ending the day. 

"Oh, sorry. Uh, Mr. Sulu, it's off to the brig with you!" 

"Very well, Captain."

img_2504_-_copy.jpg

And with that, Mr. Sulu was beamed off the bridge.

---

Please get your night actions in! Oh wait.