Bob

Star Trek Mafia - Day Four

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Sulu voted after me again. Granted that it wasn't the same vote this time. Interesting he seemed to have a more Scummy read on Chekov, based solely on the fact that he listed him first among his strongest reads. Was this a hammer vote? Or did Mallory hammer Chekov? Did Sulu want to further split the vote so they could achieve a night kill?

It's been a long day here, so I realize not much makes sense with this point. The lynch of Chekov was solid by the time Sulu voted and it was clearly not a hammer vote. Not sure how my brain cross-wired so badly, but if you could just skip over this. I'm trying make sense of the voting patterns of the first three days. I'll make a more clear analysis in a bit.

Here's what I'm working on so everyone has it to analyze. The number in parenthesis is the number vote on the day, the number in bracket is the number vote for that player. The hammer is highlighted in red, the bandwagon in pink and the votes we know as Town are bold in green text:

startrek_votes.jpg

Jesus, it's not even correct. :facepalm: Hold on... I can't even figure out how I messed it up.

I think it's fixed now. I transposed McCoy and Mallory Day Two votes. I'm not even getting anything from it. :hmpf: 18 hours left to vote?

startrek_votes.jpg

On 7/23/2019 at 8:11 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

I would have responded if I realized this was me, my apologies.

It's not too late. You can certainly still respond to it.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:11 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Scummy: Uhura, due to the aforementioned issues with voting optics, and sitting out most of yesterday (4 posts, half on the first page). Sulu, because honestly he's pretty unhelpful, and his interactions with Chekov ended with chekov dead.

You didn't mention suspicions about Uhura at all yesterday. Why not?

Sulu's interactions with Chekov ended up with Chekov being dead. So Sulu orchestrated all of that? What's Scummy about how Sulu's interactions with Chekov ended with Chekov dead? I don't disagree with your conclusion, but your logic in this sentence is a bit of a bumpy road for me.

Chapel and Mallory were just both in here, didn't post, went dormant, went active again at the same time, are looking at Day Two at the same time. :wacko:

I know this is super metagaming but I don't like seeing activity match up like that...

There are only 4 game days to look over...and McCoy is currently perusing Day Three. I need to go to sleep soon. People, do stuff.

This spreadsheet hurts my eyes.

6 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

You didn't mention suspicions about Uhura at all yesterday. Why not?

Sulu's interactions with Chekov ended up with Chekov being dead. So Sulu orchestrated all of that? What's Scummy about how Sulu's interactions with Chekov ended with Chekov dead? I don't disagree with your conclusion, but your logic in this sentence is a bit of a bumpy road for me.

I prefer to observe sometimes, and when I dipped (to check TLM2 thread apparently), it was part waiting to see what happened and part distraction iirc. I didn't drop it yesterday, this continuation was on the first page:

I was the other lynch candidate on day one, not Kyle. Therefore, I'm saying that Uhura didn't care if Spock or I died. Per the official Captain Kirk report:

When I returned the next day I found clothes missing short skirts and the chekov sulu circus was in full swing, and I got caught up in trying to understand that. 

As for the yellow shirts, I don't believe sulu orchestrated that whole thing, but his side wasn't full of much logic, and he just took the quiet rout while chekov played exploding stump. 

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Why has nobody voted yet?

I don't think you have voted yet. Not sure why your asking other why when you have not yourself. 

Something I have been thinking about is the fact that there are still a full scum team in this group. At least two. I may be foolish of me but I have been getting town vibes from Scotty. He has been wrong three times and may be a little loud but from what I have gathered he seems to be activity attempting to find scum. Mallory has also given me town vibes but not as strongly. I don't think there is anyway they could both be scum as I have no clue why they would suddenly push for the Chekov wagon yesterday and keep McCoy safe. If one of them is scum then that could make McCoy also likely scum and maybe they were trying to save him. In that case Mallory is more scummy to me but honestly i don't think any either of those two are scum. Just a possible I wanted to throw out.

On to more interesting thoughts. The officers here I do suspect. McCoy, Sulu, and Uhura. Like I said above there are still two scum left. That means there are two scum in here and one townie. 

Team 1: McCoy and Uhura 

Team 2: Sulu and McCoy

Team 3: Uhura and Sulu

I went all the way back to day 1 to see if maybe there is something we can get if we look back with the teams I laid out in hindsight. Uhura's first vote was on McCoy for his explanation of the rules or whatever the hell he was talking about. Keep in mind this was the very first vote for McCoy as well. Latter even though a lynch forms around Spock she keeps her vote on McCoy and says she is still suspicious of him. Very soon the next day McCoy is suspect of Uhura. They sort of bicker and Uhura ends up voting for McCoy when a lynch seems like a very possible scenario. Uhura ends up switching her vote though. I hope you enjoyed my recap of thee two's relationship because I think it shows something. I don't think these two both being scum is likely at all. Why would somebody vote for their buddy so soon on day one over nothing? Especially in a game when a lycnh is going to happen on day one. That's putting your bud in unnecessary danger. Not only that they continue there feud into day two and Uhura helps put McCoy one step close to the choping block. I would be very surprised if these two are both scum, so I think I can eliminate Team 1.

Did you catch that? If we eliminate team 1 then it means it must be the one of the other two options. Sulu is on both the remaining teams. 

Speaking of Sulu, as soon as we start day two Sulu is quick to start smelling McCoy. How was the smell? Doctory? As we all probably know by now (or should) Sulu had big suspicions about McCoy. So big in fact he looked scummier then Chekov in the eyes of Sulu. Now maybe Sulu and McCoy are in kahoots and Sulu thinks that he will look better if he starts throwing shade at McCoy. But that seems pretty risky, especially when you have been called out a lot yourself. Making team 2 not as possible. 

Then we got team 3. Looking back I Sulu and Uhura have barley mentioned each other. The very little Uhura said about the Chekov situation, Sulu was absent from almost all of her thoughts. Except for asking Scotty about if he want to lynch Sulu. Mostly due to process of elimination I think team 3 is the most likeliest. All the other teams would have the scum going against each other at points and Im not sure why they would do that. Either way team 1 is pretty impossible for me to think likley and team 2 is unlikley but a little more so. Sulu is on both the teams so I will 

Vote: Sulu (Tariq J) 

All this goes down the drain if I'm wrong about Mallory and Scotty. Hopefully that is not the case. 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:34 AM, Bob said:

img_2482.jpg

Are the two little scummos preparing for an attack? Look out everybody! the Romulans have swords! 

28 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Chapel and Mallory were just both in here, didn't post, went dormant, went active again at the same time, are looking at Day Two at the same time. :wacko:

I hope my big long post shows you why. 

Because of how dumb quoting is now I'm going to make three different posts in quick succession and pray they merge. Wish me luck.

6 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

I’m ok with the assumption that noisy generally equals town and quiet equals hiding scum. But it’s not alway true. Personal playstyle is also a factor. Scott is always noisy, regardless of alignment, yelling about not having the power or some such guff. Uhura is usual quieter in situations like this, reading, inputting occasionally and thinking. I tend to be a behind the scenes player. But like the last game, there are no scenes to play behind, no PMs, no whiteboard, just a noisy bridge and infernal bagpiping. You’d know if I were Romulan, I’d be pushing for particular outcomes rather than bobbling along a bit, watching what happens and listening to noisy Scotsmen.

So....Uhura is correct about Uhura. This sort of behavior is pretty typical of her. I feel I've spent some time with her in the past. Not to make that sound weird or anything. :look:

But the idea that only Romulans push for particular outcomes is...a weird idea to have. Townies push for the outcome of getting scum lynched. They don't all sheep along...I get that you're not a particularly active member of this crew, but this is just patently false, Uhura. People don't act in reverse when they're scum. They'd at least attempt to go about their regular routines. I don't like that your answers here boil down to "I know you're active Scotty, but I'm not and that's why I'm townie". 

Granted, I don't really know what to expect out of your answers. Also, as I type I realize McCoy just said this. And Scott, so...this ain't particularly revealing. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

"If I were romulan I would play like an obvious Romualan" Is both a crappy defense and the scummiest thing said today. 

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Oh well, never mind then. :hmpf:

It looks like some of Uhura's contributions have already been laid out here (clearly didn't take very long) and looking back...well, as I said, this is all pretty typical of her. But as Scotty put earlier, apparently acting normal is no longer a townread. :sceptic:

I will say, the day one vote is an kind of an interesting light now. Uhura's been skating along on relatively low activity, which...is a change of pace from casting the first real vote on day one. I said in past days that's a pretty townie move. Like, it's been the main reason I've been discounting Uhura, personally. But it...contradicts how she's been acting since then. That's not a lot to go on, but we spent so much time focused on latter votes of the McCoy bandwagon and never at the originator...since, why would a scum be there? You know...pushing for a particular outcome?

The other thing, admittedly also kind of thin, but maybe not: who has Uhura spoken about that wasn't an immediate lynching concern? 

Since it's such an insignificant investment of time I went back and got the recordings of everything Uhura has ever said until today.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, Chromeknight said:

If you’re looking for letters, Charlie X is better. 

Lets do it like they did on early 21st earth, pin flag badges to our lapels and call the Romulans crime ridden immigrants. Does everyone agree?

On 7/17/2019 at 6:24 PM, Chromeknight said:

Either way, they are where no man gas gone before. They will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas overwhelming will mean omelettes.

Do the replicators still work? I’m hungry for omelettes now.

No man has gone

Fluff, whatever.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:39 AM, Chromeknight said:

Well, it would work once. But then we’d all know who those two romulans were. They’d be in the naked time.

So, not really an advantage to them then, is it? 

And if it’s not an advantage, why bring it up or suggest that it is? Feels like you’re just sowing confusion.

Vote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

The notable day one first genuine vote.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:36 PM, Chromeknight said:

This. 

Very this. 

I was ambivalent on McCoy’s scumminess. And now I’m back listening to your boys rather than logging deep space signals, searching for the enemy within, it’s not a good look. 

I don’t need to do anything more, I agree with the beaming Spock to the brig, even if it’s just as punishment for the way he treats me in some future reboot when I’m even younger and hotter than now.

Oh, by the way Scotty, I’m Uhura. Easy to spot. I’m the only girl, the only PoC and the only one who’s done all’y’all’s jobs at some time or another.

Okay, an actually interesting tidbit. Not damning quite yet, but good to note for the proceeding posts.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, Chromeknight said:

Nurse Chapel is on only here because she’s sleeping with the show creator. Even the actress playing her finds her character boring and namby-pamby. One of Mudd’s women at best.

(Yes, I remembered her, I just discounted her for character/play reasons, not as a comment on Kscary)

Fluff. Last post of day one. Moving onto day two:

On 7/20/2019 at 12:43 AM, Chromeknight said:

Trying to find out what little girls are made of?

So my last comment you found unhelpful. What would have been a helpful comment at that point? The lynch was hammered plus one. Everyone had mentally checked out of the thread, I didn’t have a different candidate to bang a drum for. 

Defending her last day one post against McCoy. Fair enough...

On 7/20/2019 at 3:14 AM, Chromeknight said:

I didn’t feel I had to be.

i was asking what McCoy thought I should have been doing, since he didn’t like what I did do. Which, admittedly was, not much.

It’s not like I’m some little child named miri

Here she's responding to Chekov's post, actually. He questioned why she had to be the one looking for a new lynch candidate "particularly when you were banging the drum for McCoy." She doesn't respond to that particular line.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Chromeknight said:

Are you attempting some sort of dagger in the mind?

There is never any reason for any Starfleet officer to be silent. Silence helps the Romulans. It would be a very boring hour of logs if the cameras turned on and we were sitting, doing our jobs and not talking. 

Think about it. I had not expressed what I thought, you wouldn’t have picked on it today, expressed a negative reason and not drawn my vote.

As it is I’m glad I spoke, I’m starting to think I was right yesterday.

vote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

Hmmm. :sceptic:

McCoy called out the weak last post of day one and says she'd be better off staying silent lest she confuse future analysis as to who she voted for. So in response, she becomes critical of the strategy that is pretty much her defense today. The one she's actively embracing as her "personal playstyle." Hasn't aged particularly well. She also apparently regains confidence in suspecting McCoy as she hops on his bandwagon, this time being the third vote on him. And this is kind of the only reason why.

So she goes from casting the very first stone against McCoy in early day one to becoming ambivalent about his scumminess and supports Spock's lynch at the end of the day. The next day, McCoy pushes her about this last post and I guess that's enough to turn "ambivalent about his scumminess" back to "I'm going to vote for you." I know we were struggling for a solid candidate at that point, but it feels more like a flimsy excuse to jump on easy bandwagon than anything. 

On 7/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, Chromeknight said:

Um. No.

If both McCoy and Kyle are town the scum would have no interest in preventing the lynch. We’ve been through this. There’s no benefit to the scum to their getting a night kill, either they lynch a town during the day or kill a town at night. It’s the town that doesn’t loses out by not lunching since it guarantees a town dies, as opposed to the shot of lynching a scum.

I think we’re playing this backwards. Out there are two people who would only lynch each other if utterly pushed. I rate unlikely they’d bus each other, the risks are too high, especially with a diminishing number required for majority. Remember, there’s no investigator, no solid basis for trust, but I expect we’ll still see crew members trying to cover others, explain for them, divert suspicion and proclaim another’s townieness (or at least, comparative non-scumminess). 

In any case Sulu’s waffle above about “if someone flips scum the other must be in the other vote” is both trivial and unhelpful.

I’ve already voted McCoy, but it seems for the second day running he skates out of the lynch, so I’ll do what I didn’t do last time (which McCoy critiqued)

unvote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

vote:Kyle (Kotz)

And to save Scotty’s head I’m going to give up adding episode titles in.

-the town that loses out by not lynching-

Here Uhura is talking about something Sulu said about the lynch bandwagons and the scum and townies on them. The first paragraph regards his "small possibility" that both Kyle and McCoy are town, the second regarding what he already said was highly unlikely, both being scum. That's whatever. The rest of what he said you can glean from what I've bolded. It is kind of stating the obvious. Last post of day two.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:14 AM, Chromeknight said:

That may be your read on it, but it wasn’t what I said.

I returned to the conversation to find Spock was suddenly the preferred candidate. I would have preferred McCoy go, he was the one I voted for because he was who seemed scummy. I didn’t have a good read on Spock. But I felt there was nothing to be gained by investing in further conversation so late in the day. 

As for any supposed synchronicity between myself and others, you need to remember I come from the future, 10hours before zulu time. I’d think someone might match up by coincidence as they sleep while I work and vice versa. 

Day three. A change from "ambivalent about his scumminess", but I guess since he's her easy vote now...

On 7/22/2019 at 3:09 AM, Chromeknight said:

If McCoy is getting suspicion every day, there’s probably a reason for it.

If McCoy skips out of the lynch every day, there’s probably a reason for it.

lets find out, third times the charm

Vote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

See? I don't deny I see her point, but she hasn't offered any analysis, or made any real effort to question him, or done...anything about these suspicions she's suddenly a lot less ambivalent about, other than vote for him and make that little exchange on day two (that McCoy initiated). It doesn't take being super active to at least do that much.

If he's so scummy now, and he's such an easy target, and she actually wants to get McCoy lynched, why isn't she pushing anyone about it??? It's like slow motion tunnel vision. :wacko:

On 7/22/2019 at 4:23 PM, Chromeknight said:

Err, no. I was a post hammer vote. If you want to throw suspicion, make you have a firm grasp on facts before moving.

Hey Scotty. Just to clarify. Chekov is scummy, but you think we should lynch Sulu?

I can’t tell whether shifting away from McCoy again is townies raising legitimate targets or scum trying to muddy the water.

Uhura corrects Chekov about her day two vote and then makes a really vague observation about something Scotty said. As someone who talked a lot about Chekov and Sulu on day three, as far as I'm concerned? The only reason Chekov got lynched over Sulu is because he completely blew up and Sulu didn't. That little saga pretty closely intertwines the two of them. They were both valid candidates (as far as the exchange I outlined was concerned) until Chekov destabilized. I don't know what to take away from this second sentence, maybe she's trying to poke Scotty, if you find two people suspicious, you're going to have to pick one to lynch. In any case, that wasn't the case here, so...it's just a weird thing to ask.

And then legitimate concern about the Chekov vote. Then again, it's not like she's been actively trying to get McCoy lynched, she just unvotes him and switches it after an actual case is brought up against somebody else. :hmpf_bad: Once more, I get the point, but...let me put it this way. I keep saying I'm ambivalent on McCoy. The only reason I ever voted for him was to "close the case", I think was the phrase I used. Looking back...nobody ever really investigated that case. Uhura OPENS the case, and then suggests that people not actively wanting to CLOSE the case might be scum (valid point), but she has provided pretty much nothing whatsoever to the case itself. I might actually suspect McCoy if anyone, maybe the person that votes him every single day, does some analysis on him or...something.

It seems like nobody else is going to carry the burden of actually trying to get McCoy lynched for Uhura, and she seems worryingly okay with that. 

On 7/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, Chromeknight said:

Don’t make me come back there and slap you. 

Of course order matters, and everything else in between too. 

Saying otherwise is scummy.

unvote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

vote: Chekov (jimmynick)

On 7/23/2019 at 2:33 AM, Chromeknight said:

I went away, came back, read through things and changed my mind.

The quote I pulled from Chekov isn’t the only scummy thing he’s said, but it is an exemplar. One of many, but citing one is enough.

I got the order of votes yesterday incorrect, I make mistakes. 

Obligatory unvote McCoy and revote. I will point out that this unvote un-hammered McCoy. But I will also point out this is after I stated my willingness to switch to Chekov and after it became obvious Scotty was gunning for him. Chekov was an easy lynch at that point, but I waited, and guess who made that first real (discounting McCoy who didn't really have a choice) vote against him? Uhura. Again. Who seemed...surprisingly open to the idea of another non-McCoy lynch. Throw off accusations of tunnel visioning? Keep her easy target alive?

21 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

I do regret not sticking with McCoy, but I’m not too busted up about that given Chekov’s confusing behaviour. 

After a lengthy analysis of everything you have ever said Uhura, I have one main question for you.

Why do you find McCoy scummy? All I can come up with is that day one nonsense, him being mean to you on day two, and you said "third time's the charm" on day three. Do you have an argument to make? Do you actually want this guy lynched? Because my takeaway is that all you've been doing is finding an easy place to dump your vote and occasionally throwing people off that scent.

59 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I went all the way back to day 1 to see if maybe there is something we can get if we look back with the teams I laid out in hindsight. Uhura's first vote was on McCoy for his explanation of the rules or whatever the hell he was talking about. Keep in mind this was the very first vote for McCoy as well. Latter even though a lynch forms around Spock she keeps her vote on McCoy and says she is still suspicious of him. Very soon the next day McCoy is suspect of Uhura. They sort of bicker and Uhura ends up voting for McCoy when a lynch seems like a very possible scenario. Uhura ends up switching her vote though. I hope you enjoyed my recap of thee two's relationship because I think it shows something. I don't think these two both being scum is likely at all. Why would somebody vote for their buddy so soon on day one over nothing? Especially in a game when a lycnh is going to happen on day one. That's putting your bud in unnecessary danger. Not only that they continue there feud into day two and Uhura helps put McCoy one step close to the choping block. I would be very surprised if these two are both scum, so I think I can eliminate Team 1.

Then we got team 3. Looking back I Sulu and Uhura have barley mentioned each other. The very little Uhura said about the Chekov situation, Sulu was absent from almost all of her thoughts.

Fine, Chapel, I suppose you could go back and neatly and concisely summarize everything, but that's not as fun. Way to undercut all my work. :hmpf: :laugh:

Also, the last post of day two. Uhura called out something Sulu said as trivial and unhelpful and pretty much never brought his name up again. That said, Uhura has so few thoughts in the first place, so...

I'm a fan of these teams Chapel has laid out. As much as I just posted on Uhura, I'm still more suspicious of Sulu (not going to go back and do every single thing he's said, I spoke about him enough yesterday), and I'd be on-board with a lynch for him today.

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

All this goes down the drain if I'm wrong about Mallory and Scotty. Hopefully that is not the case. 

I really don't want to think about the possibility of my only townreads being scum right now. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my expectations will be subverted, that the people acting scummiest are actually scum this time. 

Sorry all my activity keeps ending up in the very end of my day. I will be back on before end of day tomorrow. I'm going to Vote: Sulu/Tariq j now, but if we lean Uhura I'm alright with that as well.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

I know this is super metagaming but I don't like seeing activity match up like that...

Well, while you were busy staring at Recently Browsing and refreshing I was doing the Uhura analysis you keep promising. I was joking when I said it was an insignificant investment of time, alright? That stuff takes time. :blush:

13 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

You’d know if I were Romulan, I’d be pushing for particular outcomes rather than bobbling along a bit, watching what happens and listening to noisy Scotsmen.

I know I’m the third person to call this out. But this doesn’t make sense. What outcomes would a Romulus push for in a game with no night actions? We’ve already lynched three Townes. Is that an outcome a Romulo would hope for? It’s just a weird thing to say “If I was scum, I’d behave like one”. Scum behave like town to fit in.

6 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Then we got team 3. Looking back I Sulu and Uhura have barley mentioned each other. The very little Uhura said about the Chekov situation, Sulu was absent from almost all of her thoughts. Except for asking Scotty about if he want to lynch Sulu. Mostly due to process of elimination I think team 3 is the most likeliest. All the other teams would have the scum going against each other at points and Im not sure why they would do that. Either way team 1 is pretty impossible for me to think likley and team 2 is unlikley but a little more so. Sulu is on both the teams so I will 

Your post is insightful but I don’t agree with all of it. I think you and Scotty have been helpful in trying to hunt the scum. Sure it doesn’t look great that me and Uhura haven’t interacted at all. But what can I say? If Uhura hasn’t found me scummy he hasn’t found me scummy.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:11 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

I would have responded if I realized this was me, my apologies.

So after yesterday here's where I see our players:

Scummy: Uhura, due to the aforementioned issues with voting optics, and sitting out most of yesterday (4 posts, half on the first page). Sulu, because honestly he's pretty unhelpful, and his interactions with Chekov ended with chekov dead.

Neutral: Nurse

Townie: Mallory & Scott. Mallory is very consistent with the quality analysis. Scott is a bit of a loose cannon, but just doesn't seem like a scum, playstyle especially. 

Interactions with Chekhov? I barely interacted with him yesterday. The only time I interacted with him was that vote thing at the beginning. It was EVERYONE else voting with for him that cause him to die. Chekhov was going nuts yesterday. But don’t try and spin it like I was the one who got him lynched. 

4 hours ago, CMP said:

Sorry all my activity keeps ending up in the very end of my day. I will be back on before end of day tomorrow. I'm going to Vote: Sulu/Tariq j now, but if we lean Uhura I'm alright with that as well.

Well, while you were busy staring at Recently Browsing and refreshing I was doing the Uhura analysis you keep promising. I was joking when I said it was an insignificant investment of time, alright? That stuff takes time. :blush:

Your whole post seems to suggest Uhura is scum. Yet you cast your vote on me. Why? Why are you slightly more suspicious of me than Uhura?

On 7/22/2019 at 7:22 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Uhura also seems to be pantsless.

Well madness is definitely the right word for it. Sulu and Chekov are both acting scummy as hell

The hell? This is your third different vote of the day, and the scummiest one so far. Your first claim was that I'm scum, so therefore you should vote for sulu on an assumption that we're scum buddies? No one had voted, so you wouldn't even have been accused of being a bandwagoner. Then you switch your vote as soon as CMP calls you out.

You were called out, and immediately you go to serving the will of the town, almost in a "the people have spoken" fashion so now you want to hammer. Then the spat with CMP continues so you change your vote to CMP.

This is the best piece of analysis we've had today. @Tariq j is due in here to explain his half of this, hopefully pretty damn quickly. Right now though, Chekov is digging himself a hole everytime he posts.

Vote: Chekov (jimmynick)

McCoy deals is the suspicion is now on Chekhov and myself, so he he quickly votes for Chekhov and makes off. All the prior accusation against him are now forgotten and he gets off. He seems to have flown under the radar here a lot. As has Uhura. They both have.

I don't what to do here. Uhura's weird post about "I'm not scum because I don't behave like one his weird" that and his "I work a lot behind the scenes in these games". Which, as Nurse Chapel pointed out is also strange since its only scum who can PM behind the scenes. 

Vote: Uhura: (chromeknight)

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Your whole post seems to suggest Uhura is scum. Yet you cast your vote on me. Why? Why are you slightly more suspicious of me than Uhura?

My analysis was made to total Uhura's contributions and look at the context around them to get a better idea of her mindset here. While she looks more suspicious in hindsight, as I said, I find you more suspicious because of what went down yesterday. Might've been lost in that post, but let me re-iterate.

6 hours ago, CMP said:

As someone who talked a lot about Chekov and Sulu on day three, as far as I'm concerned? The only reason Chekov got lynched over Sulu is because he completely blew up and Sulu didn't. That little saga pretty closely intertwines the two of them. They were both valid candidates (as far as the exchange I outlined was concerned) until Chekov destabilized.

I found you as initially suspicious as I did Chekov. Your response to his poke (well, your response was to Scotty, after you entirely ignored Chekov's poke) was weird, and you seemed oblivious to the problem in your defense: townies should not be rolling over like that. Every accusation (and particularly ones involving actual votes) need to be taken seriously unless we want to spend our time lynching more of us.

That, and I think Chapel's considerations about team make-up to be some valuable insight. As she said, I don't think there's a chance in hell it's McCoy and Uhura. You're the common denominator among the other two.

If you come up scum, we're in great shape. If you come up town, it...means I need to re-evaluate pretty much everything and start looking at Chapel and Scotty. :sceptic: 

Just now, CMP said:

While she looks more suspicious in hindsight, as I said, I find you more suspicious...

Really unclear wording on my part here, sorry. While I find Uhura more suspicious than I did previously in hindsight, I still find you, Sulu, more suspicious overall.

Thanks for my recap Malloy. 

It does seem I’ve been all over the shop. The problem with me is, a i clumsily tried to say, I haven’t been as invested in the hunt as I should be. I wake to long threads, sometimes add something and go again, waiting for more conversation. This is, I know a poor thing to do. I plead life, much like Scotty’s day one. 

I kinda wish I was scum, I’d have someone to talk to outside of thread, but I’m not, so don’t. 

Bluntly, I suspect all of you, for different reasons, some of which are nebulous and unformed. I have no reason to trust anyone. And being “townie seeming”, in my opinion, in this game, and from recent experiences with Vikings and Forest animals, actually raises suspicion rather than allays it. 

Hence I poked at Scotty, as the most town seeming and someone cheerfully gathering a little group around him and seeming them ok. 

Frankly, it’s what I would do if I were scum. Find a useful active townie, get them onside and carry the day.

My frustration and disincentive with the game is I just don’t know stuff. Getting reads on people is, to me, such an inexact science

i could quite happily make an argument that Chapel’s vote for Sulu is a scum ploy to differentiate them self from a possible bandwagon lining up on me. I don’t think the scum want to see five votes all on me, since that either means I’m not scum or I’d’ve been bussed, which, as I’ve said is unlikely and counterproductive in such a small game. But equally I think it’s a valid vote, Sulu could well be scum, and despite our lack of interaction, I’d vote him, he’s certainly pinged other people. McCoy drew my early attention mostly because I forget that some players aren’t native English speakers and phrase things oddly. Does that exonerate him? Sorta, kinda, I guess? Doesn’t mean he’s not scum, but provides an alternative explanation to my gut reaction.

I’m gonna pause here to read Malllorys most recent

I was about to ask if Sulu was going to put his vote where his pout was, but I see he has.

We aren’t scum mates, so Chapel’s proposed teams is down to either Sulu/McCoy or some combination involving Scotty and or Malloy.

vote: Sulu(TariqJ)

Even though I worry about Scotty, if you had me at rapier point and asked me who the Romulans are, I’d pick Malloy and Chapel. I haven’t done the analysis or gone through quotables, it’s purely a gut feeling. Why Sulu then? Chapel is right, it’s a decent test, he could well be floaty scum.

This game... :wall: I knew this wouldn't be easy but I'm pleasantly surprised at how complicated it is.

8 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Not only that they continue there feud into day two and Uhura helps put McCoy one step close to the choping block. I would be very surprised if these two are both scum, so I think I can eliminate Team 1.

Did you catch that? If we eliminate team 1 then it means it must be the one of the other two options. Sulu is on both the remaining teams. 

25 minutes ago, CMP said:

That, and I think Chapel's considerations about team make-up to be some valuable insight. As she said, I don't think there's a chance in hell it's McCoy and Uhura. You're the common denominator among the other two.

You have both stated you don't think it's Uhura and McCoy and Uhura has stated that the two Scum would never vote for each other unless pushed. If McCoy and Uhura are the two Romulans and voted for each other just so that we would think this, Uhura even served up some WIFOM for us to go with it. I was going to suggest we finally lynch McCoy. I feel better about Sulu or Uhura but every time I feel better about something in this game, the candidate is Town. If I'm right to trust the two of you (and if I'm wrong, the game is pretty much already over so great job because I don't know if I even have the energy to suspect you at this point) and we vote out McCoy and we're wrong, it's still 3 of us against 2 of them.

My only valid concern about McCoy is that his posts are middle-of-the-road. He calmly defends all accusations and when he accuses, with the exception of Uhura (see my theory above) he is basically parroting other players. Obviously, my reads on Uhura and Sulu are stronger. But I'm a little lynch-shy after Chekov. We're going to get a lynch today, though. So I'm on board with whoever we can agree with. We do have a fourth Starfleet Officer among us. Of course, assuming that the three of us are to begin with. :cry_sad: This is nerve-wracking.

5 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

I wake to long threads, sometimes add something and go again, waiting for more conversation.

I agree with all of your analysis that if you're Scum, you're playing yourself well. The threads, however, are 2-4 pages in this game. I've seen you keep up with a 13-page argument between me and CMP in the past. I know life gets in the way, but still...

The WIFOM of Uhura saying the Scum would never vote for each other in this setup is also interesting since Uhura and Sulu have never voted for each other.

Mallory, Chapel and I have also never voted for each other but by her own litmus test, Uhura has never accused us of working together by that matrix.

As I stated earlier, it's interesting that with her low activity, Uhura has on two occasions given us definitive statements about how the Scum behave in this setup.

48 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Vote: Uhura: (chromeknight)

I meant until today...

49 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

Even though I worry about Scotty, if you had me at rapier point and asked me who the Romulans are, I’d pick Malloy and Chapel. I haven’t done the analysis or gone through quotables, it’s purely a gut feeling. Why Sulu then? Chapel is right, it’s a decent test, he could well be floaty scum.

Is it too early to start drinking?

1 hour ago, Chromeknight said:

This makes no sense. You admit yourself you think that Mallory and Chapel are the scum yet you vote for me, based of Chapel’s logic. A person YOU think his scum. 

Why is everyone claiming to be Town? Can't some Romulan just confess already? :drunk:

Unofficial freaking vote tally

Uhura: 2 (Umbra-Manis, Tariq J)
Sulu: 2 (Khscarymovie4, Chromeknight)
Nonvoters: CMP, Hinckley

Even though I worry about Scotty, if you had me at rapier point and asked me who the Romulans are, I’d pick Malloy and Chapel. I haven’t done the analysis or gone through quotables, it's purely a gut feeling.

That last part is probably why McCoy is still around at all. Speaking of which, why is he suddenly off the list after three days? :sceptic: Because people have your feet over the fire? 

Bluntly, I suspect all of you, for different reasons, some of which are nebulous and unformed. I have no reason to trust anyone. And being “townie seeming”, in my opinion, in this game, and from recent experiences with Vikings and Forest animals, actually raises suspicion rather than allays it. 

If this is your best answer to my one question, you're confirming a lot of my concerns about you.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

You have both stated you don't think it's Uhura and McCoy and Uhura has stated that the two Scum would never vote for each other unless pushed. If McCoy and Uhura are the two Romulans and voted for each other just so that we would think this, Uhura even served up some WIFOM for us to go with it. I was going to suggest we finally lynch McCoy. I feel better about Sulu or Uhura but every time I feel better about something in this game, the candidate is Town. If I'm right to trust the two of you (and if I'm wrong, the game is pretty much already over so great job because I don't know if I even have the energy to suspect you at this point) and we vote out McCoy and we're wrong, it's still 3 of us against 2 of them.

I'd sooner believe it's you and Chapel than believe it's Uhura and McCoy. But I don't want to get to the point where anyone has to make that kind of choice, if we can avoid it. I don't think anyone wants to have to suspect their only townreads. 

22 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Why is everyone claiming to be Town? Can't some Romulan just confess already? :drunk:

Sulu: 2 (Khscarymovie4, Chromeknight)
Nonvoters: CMP, Hinckley

I voted Sulu.

Just now, CMP said:

I voted Sulu.

I looked and looked and looked. :cry_sad:

Just now, Hinckley said:

I looked and looked and looked. :cry_sad:

It's a lot of words. :blush:

1 hour ago, CMP said:

If you come up scum, we're in great shape. If you come up town, it...means I need to re-evaluate pretty much everything and start looking at Chapel and Scotty. :sceptic: 

Really unclear wording on my part here, sorry. While I find Uhura more suspicious than I did previously in hindsight, I still find you, Sulu, more suspicious overall.

That’s fair enough. All I can say is you should look at Mccoy and Scotty because they are the ones who are scum. Almost every day so far McCoy has almost been lynched always for the attention to move elsewhere. He would’ve probably been lynched yesterday had the other shenanigans not happened. And on top of everything else I’ve mentioned there’s Uhura’s wacky logic “I think these people are scum but I’m going to use their logic and vote for someone else”

Sulu: 3 (Khscarymovie4, CMP, Chromeknight)
Nonvoters: Hinckley

Just now, Tariq j said:

That’s fair enough. All I can say is you should look at Mccoy and Scotty because they are the ones who are scum. Almost every day so far McCoy has almost been lynched always for the attention to move elsewhere. He would’ve probably been lynched yesterday had the other shenanigans not happened. And on top of everything else I’ve mentioned there’s Uhura’s wacky logic “I think these people are scum but I’m going to use their logic and vote for someone else”

So you've said McCoy and I are Scum but you accused Uhura. That's the second time this game you've called another character me? Or did you mean to say I'm McCoy's Scum buddy?

Just now, Tariq j said:

That’s fair enough. All I can say is you should look at Mccoy and Scotty because they are the ones who are scum. 

Argh curse this heatwave! I meant Uhura not Scotty.

Just now, Tariq j said:

That’s fair enough. All I can say is you should look at Mccoy and Scotty because they are the ones who are scum.

I have to admit, that's a pretty compelling reason....damn it, I should've been looking at the scum this whole time! :facepalm:

10 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I hope my big long post shows you why. 

8 hours ago, CMP said:

Well, now I'm paranoid that you did the same thing browsing-history-wise to do the same thing game-wise. You both evaluated the entire game to vote for Sulu in a similar manner to how I post. :cry_sad: What if you're just mimicking my thought process to make me not feel paranoid and you're the Romulans?

:look:

And then you say this:

2 hours ago, CMP said:

So, is Sulu Town and you're Scum with Uhura, the other person who has laid the ground work to lynch me?

You and Uhura should feel really relieved that there's no PMing this game. Imagine what your life would be life fielding me in and out of the game.

By imagine, I meant remember Ragnarok 3...

vote: Sulu (Tariq J)

And help us all if he doesn't turn up Romulan.

Just now, Hinckley said:

What if you're just mimicking my thought process to make me not feel paranoid and you're the Romulans?

That's your secret, Lieutenant Commander. You're always paranoid.

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

So, is Sulu Town and you're Scum with Uhura, the other person who has laid the ground work to lynch me?

This goes with what I said a minute ago:

14 minutes ago, CMP said:

I'd sooner believe it's you and Chapel than believe it's Uhura and McCoy. But I don't want to get to the point where anyone has to make that kind of choice, if we can avoid it. I don't think anyone wants to have to suspect their only townreads. 

If we lynch Sulu and he's town, then it's you, me, Chapel, Uhura, and McCoy. I really don't think it's Uhura and McCoy. So that leaves either Uhura and you/Chapel, McCoy and you/Chapel, or you and Chapel. I'm not laying the groundwork to lynch either of you, but am I wrong in saying we're going to have to analyze the hell out of eachother either way if we're wrong about Sulu?