Bob

Star Trek Mafia - Day Four

st_mafia_banner_2.png

img_2489.jpg

"This is Kirk. What's the verdict on Ensign Chekov?"

"Security here, sir. Mr. Chekov is a loyal Starfleet officer."

"Damnit." Kirk said. "I thought for sure we had one when he voted for himself. Better luck this time, crew."

---

You may now vote. With six players, a majority of four is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day.

Players: 

kirk.jpg
Captain James T Kirk - NPC
mccoy.jpg
Lieutenant Commander McCoy - Umbra-Manis
scotty.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Scott - Hinckley
sulu.jpg
Lieutenant Sulu - Tariq j 
uhura.jpg
Lieutenant Uhura - Chromeknight
mallory.jpg
Ensign Mallory - CMP
chapel.jpg
Nurse Chapel - Khscarymovie4

In The Brig
spock.jpg
Commander Spock - Trekkie99 - Starfleet Officer
kyle.jpg
Lieutenant Kyle - KotZ - Starfleet Officer
chekov.jpg
Ensign Chekov - jimmynick - Starfleet Officer

Rules (Please Read!)
1) There are nine players. Two of those players are Romulan Agents. The other seven are loyal Starfleet Officers. There are no third party players.
2) A game day will last for 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else.
3) There are no night actions in this game. The Starfleet Officers win by voting out all of the Romulans and the Romulans win by outnumbering or tying the town in a parity.
4) Use the power of the vote to win this game.
5) The alignment of players that have been voted out will be revealed the next day.
6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the Romulans
7) Don't quote anything that the host sends you via PM
8) Once you are voted out, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players.
9) Don't edit your posts!
10) There's no clues anywhere.

Edited by Bob
He was still Umbra-Mantis.

What the actual fuck? :damn:

You know what? Next time I host a game that jimmynick signs up for, I'm going to make him an exploding tree stump. He can't post, he can't vote, no PMs, he can only explode, randomly. You know what the explosion does? Nothing. Just goes boom. Affects nothing. Sign up for my next game, jimmy. Watch me.

OK, sorry, really, I have more. Hopefully, just one more. Sorry, jimmynick, I mean no insult by this. I've always thought you were a good player, or I have a vague recollection that I enjoyed playing with you, so I'm just going on about your particular performance in this game. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I just need to vent: Think about this, everyone. He actually thought what he was saying was logical. This is burning my brain up. What the actual fuck? I don't even know. Him flipping Town means that he was telling the truth. I can't fathom that at the moment. I read yesterday's thread several times and I just can't look at it again. I feel like hundreds of my brain cells die every time I look at the events of yesterday.

OK, I think that's all out of my system.

img_2493.jpg

"We've sure had some weird adventures, but I think this is the weirdest." Kirk said.

"I agree. Remember when Abraham Lincoln came aboard the ship?" Sulu asked.

"Wait, that really happened in Star Trek?"

"Yes, it was in Season 3 when we knew we were cancelled, so the writers just went nuts." Sulu explained.

img_2494.jpg

"It's true!" said the ghost, or phantom or whatever it was of Lincoln. "I was in an episode with Genghis Khan."

"Wait a second..." Mallory started.

img_2495.jpg

"My character died in Season 2. If this takes place after that, how am I alive?"

"And why is the megablocking floor still so dirty?! Is it too hard to get a toothbrush out?!"

On 7/22/2019 at 1:25 PM, Hinckley said:

I propose we lynch Sulu, who stopped in, read up, realized the heat was off and went to read about LEGO Movie 2 Sets. We'll keep wondering if we don't and now is the time to do it with seven of us left. We have some leeway if we get another one wrong.

I meant McCoy here, by the way...not Sulu. :facepalm:

Well this is pretty bad. Chekov turning town now makes me suspicious of everybody! But I definitely find more scumminess with some then others. I have said sense day 2 that I have been suspicious of McCoy. That was pretty convenient that he was saved as the attention turned to Chekov and Sulu, but I don't really think the scum being behind it is likely as that would require 3 people to be scum which as Scotty said is impossible. Though my suspicions of Sulu drooped a little by Chekov being town I still think he could be scum due to his sliding by nature and uncommitted style. To be fair we had lots of uncommitted voters yesterday, it seemed lots of people suspected others but waited to vote. I remember Uhura saying very little and end up voting for Chekov yesterday, she also seems to be sliding by which now pings me. 

I looked back at the votes and Sulu seems to really believe Chekov was scummy. But he ended up voting for McCoy. He did this however only after Chekov had the amount of votes needed to be lynched. This is what I am talking about when I say some of us are being uncommitted. They are waiting to the very final hours of the day to finally place a vote even though they seem to have suspicions about certain people the entire day. Maybe they don't want to be blamed when the lynch goes sour? Just a thought. 

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I meant McCoy here, by the way...not Sulu. :facepalm:

I would have responded if I realized this was me, my apologies.

So after yesterday here's where I see our players:

Scummy: Uhura, due to the aforementioned issues with voting optics, and sitting out most of yesterday (4 posts, half on the first page). Sulu, because honestly he's pretty unhelpful, and his interactions with Chekov ended with chekov dead.

Neutral: Nurse

Townie: Mallory & Scott. Mallory is very consistent with the quality analysis. Scott is a bit of a loose cannon, but just doesn't seem like a scum, playstyle especially. 

Alright...so we're still getting nowhere. 

I'm not sure where to look at this point. McCoy's been skating by for days, I don't find him particularly suspicious, but he's the question that's never going away. Sulu, while obviously not in cahoots with Chekov, still didn't really make a lot of sense. But then, none of these townies have been making any sense. :sceptic: I guess Uhura should get some more attention, nothing pinged me on her but she's been very quiet and in the background, minus day one. An easy place to hide after casting the first stone? Scott I don't have a lot of reason to suspect, but that could just as easily because he's not a person that slips up often. 

I'm just gonna go ahead and lay out my reads as McCoy is doing, I just want to figure all this out.

I find Chapel, Scott, and McCoy all pretty on the level and actively seeking out scum. I'm conflicted about that last one because he's such a person of interest, but I just...don't feel it, personally. We talked about Sulu to death yesterday, and I guess I should go back and take a look at Uhura's contributions when I have time.

I feel like we're repeating days one and two if we lynch Sulu. But would it end the same way?? :wall: I'm nearing the end of my rope here.

2 hours ago, CMP said:

I find Chapel, Scott, and McCoy all pretty on the level and actively seeking out scum.

I find myself trusting you and Chapel.

That's three of us. If we are all Town, we can win this by voting the other three out. If one of us is Scum, though... and we vote out the other three, then...we'd still be OK. For that to fail for the Town, two of us would have to be Scum. I'm Town and I would feel absolutely terrible if my two strongest Town reads are the Scum team.

For two days, Mallory has hovered on the the thread and then posted later. That's not much to go on. I feel he is my strongest Town read just because I'm reading everyone else the same way he is. That doesn't mean he's not Scum but when someone is analyzing the game the same way you are and there are no other tools at your disposal, that is almost a verification. :sceptic:

Nurse Chapel, I'm not as convinced on but her reactions seem genuine and her analysis also seems close with mine and with Mallory. I don't know why I don't trust her as much as Mallory. Maybe it's because I've played many games with Mallory before and Nurse Chapel is sleeping with Gene Roddenberry.

McCoy is McCoy, the big question mark. He hasn't really posted much, people have pointed out he's been in a somewhat Scummy vote position. Three confirmed townies genuinely suspected him and voted for him every day they were alive. I mean not in the brig. He read about LEGO Movie sets until we started accusing Scummy Scummy Scummy exploding tree stump Chekov. That irked me. I feel that is my strongest Scum read on him was when he piled onto Chekov. Seemed audacious to say the least after avoiding the lynch for two days.

Sulu's Day Three was also an exploding tree stump. The Scummiest thing he did was, sorry I'll write a play to demonstrate:

Mallory: Chekov's response to you makes zero sense. What do you think of it?

Sulu: Nothing.

Mallory: Who do you think is Scummy?

Sulu: Chekov. His response made zero sense.

:wacko:

But illogical drivel is the new Town tell so tree dog fetch houndstooth jacket syzygy charges energy existentialism purple monkey rattlesnake butt. I'll find the actual quotes. I just want to get all of my initial thoughts out.

Uhura. I freaking can't stand Uhura. Diametrically opposed to McCoy but has a lax attitude towards changing votes from him and kind of asks questions without making accusations of others. Mostly jokes and Star Trek episode titles. Uhura and Sulu are the ultimate coast-down-the-center-fly-under-the-radar. But McCoy is McCoy. Who do we send to the brig?

OK, so I need to shove my brain back in my head for some thinking. Obviously, Chapel, Mallory and I can't vote out the other three as one of them would have to be along with the plan from the start. Also obviously, the plan would kill us all if there is one Scum among the three of us and the first two we vote out are Town. :wacko:Also, I shouldn't propose something that would split a group of six in to two camps of three if we expect to be able to work together since four of us have to vote toge

hen Satan possesed my keboard and self posted while I was in the middle of rambling. Fuck it. I'm going to bed. Stupid Satan.

I was saying four of us need to vote together to get a lynch and only four of us are Starfleet. I know we mentioned this yesterday. McCoy said our heads needed to be on straight. But damn. We need to get one of the next two lynches right in order to have a chance at winning this. My best Scum reads have all been Town so I don't even want to think about what I consider my best Scum read right now. Maybe we should lynch our best Town read.

Here's Sulu's response to being questioned about Chekov's vote.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, Tariq j said:

Why should I attack him? He hasn’t said anything scummy or at least anything of interest that I consider scummy. 

Here is what he says less than 40 minutes later:

On 7/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, Tariq j said:

It’s odd. Chekhov’s response is weird. But he’s not my scum buddy. I’m not scum. I have NO idea why he responded like that and thought my response was weird whilst calling his own logic nonsense, My best guess his he’s trying to stitch me up. 

Apologies, it’s the way it was said. McCoy made something of a definite statement. “I’m not really a fan of the Kyle lynch” it feels more... solid. Like he was trying to draw attention to the fact that he wasn’t voting for Kyle. Where as with Chekhov it was more of a  deliberation. 

As for my suspicions.  My top suspicions are Chekhov, I didn’t suspect him initially but his attempt to stick me up or whatever the hell he has tried to do here has changed my mind. McCoy, based of what he said at the end of yesterday. He’s also gone on the attack now he’s noticed the attention has been taken away from him.

We either discussed this ad nauseum yesterday or got too hung up with the Scummiest player to ever play, Chekov, to notice. I can't remember which. My brain exploded at some point and I'll never be the same again. Anyway, in approximately 40 minutes, Sulu goes from "He hasn't said anything scummy or at least anything of interest that I consider scummy" to "As for my suspicions. My top suspicions are Chekov..." :wall::wall::wall: How does this character growth occur? There's no motivation, you should wait in your trailer until the script writer either explains or re-writes this section.

Let's address for a minute the sentence "hasn't said anything scummy or at least anything of interest that I consider scummy." What's the fucking difference here? Was there anything of disinterest that you considered Scummy?? And did you ignore it? My brain probably ignored this sentence yesterday because it had already experienced too much cell death.

Either way, this revelation in 40 minutes that Chekov had said nothing Scummy to being his top suspicion is sandwiched between accusations of being attacked in order to be stitched up by Chekov.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tariq j said:

Just what? Your play today makes no sense. I don’t know whether this is an attempt to try and divert/split the Lynch away from McCoy here?

It’s worth noting that on Day 1 (see above) Chekhov was the first person to jump on to Spock for going after McCoy. Looking back now it feels like a subtle defence of his scum buddy.

He then asks why Kyle (who we now was town) was not the best choice for a bandwagon. I can’t see these posts coming from a townie perespective. He’s literally defended one of the most scummy players here (McCoy) and encouraged a lynch on someone we now know is town. The vote on himself feels like a last minute ditch attempt to make himself look Town.

I can't speak for his analysis of Chekov's self-vote because I will never understand it myself, so I can't figure out if his perspective is Scum, Town or exploding tree stump, but here he is piling on Chekov with the rest of us. Kind of re-hashing what others have said without adding much. He's been accused of this before. I've read the threads enough that I think I can remember who without checking. Was it McCoy?

22 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I interpreted it as the accusation was that both me and McCoy are scum. But I had voted for Kyle hammering his bandwagon hence why he voted for me. 

For reasons I stated earlier I’m going to Vote: Commander McCoy (Umbra Manis)

We're all voting for Chekov but he votes McCoy as Nurse Chapel pointed out.

But the other thing he says here is interesting as Chekov pointed out.

19 hours ago, jimmynick said:

But you didn't hammer the wagon! This isn't even up for interpretation, it's  matter of fact! How can both you and Uhura both be so wrong about when your votes for Kyle came in?

Chekov didn't only spout bonkers, that's a positive thing I said about Chekov! :sweet: I honestly don't notice sometimes that I hammered. So I didn't think much of this. However, since it is Sulu and Uhura who both mixed up their vote position (partially thanks to William Shatner) it makes me think perhaps they mixed it up also because they're a team. That's a stretch for sure, but it is odd to claim a place on a lynch wagon and get it wrong. And for both of them to do it. Did they both think "Was I the hammer? I'll check Bob's tally."? I don't think there's anything solid to this but I'm mentioning it in case I'm missing something and maybe one of you will see it.

Now I'm actually going to bed. I'll do Uhura tomorrow.

Not do her. I mean go over her Scummy quotes...

Apologies all.

Deep space signalling work means I’ve been ignoring you.

But by the looks of it, we’ve had the scumdar module installed with the wrong polarity. 

The reason I mixed up my own voting order was because I didn’t care. I didn’t at any point think ? oh, if I vote now I’m the ? hammer, but what if that gets me extra scrutiny? Oh no, better wait or vote someone else ? 

nope, I didn’t care if I get scrutiny for a vote. I’m playing the game I always play. Which amusingly, always drives Scotty mad because he can’t read me. 

I do regret not sticking with McCoy, but I’m not too busted up about that given Chekov’s confusing behaviour. 

Much as Scotty can be hyper he has said one thing I found useful.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

My best Scum reads have all been Town so I don't even want to think about what I consider my best Scum read right now. Maybe we should lynch our best Town read.

Previous to this Helpful Scotty divides the group into “good” guys and “bad” guys, calls the “good” guys to work together and lays out this gem, apparently saying 

“don’t worry if my target seems townie, the fact that I delivered three town lynches already should be ignored” 

Now, I’m not offended that Scotty has decided he needs to do me later. I’d suggest it means he needs to put extra work into pulling stuff out of what I’ve said and done to paint me as scummy. 

Here's Sulu's response to being questioned about Chekov's vote.

Here is what he says less than 40 minutes later:

We either discussed this ad nauseum yesterday or got too hung up with the Scummiest player to ever play, Chekov, to notice. I can't remember which. My brain exploded at some point and I'll never be the same again. Anyway, in approximately 40 minutes, Sulu goes from "He hasn't said anything scummy or at least anything of interest that I consider scummy" to "As for my suspicions. My top suspicions are Chekov..." :wall::wall::wall: How does this character growth occur? There's no motivation, you should wait in your trailer until the script writer either explains or re-writes this section.

Your taking the quotes out of context slightly. The first thing you quoted is my response when Mallory asked me as to why I didn’t attack Chekhov when he voted for me. At that point in the game (when Chekhov first placed his vote on me) he had done nothing to arouse my suspicion). So I didn’t attack him. It was only until his shenanigans later in the day occurred. I realised something wasn’t right. Can I come out of my trailer now?

Let's address for a minute the sentence "hasn't said anything scummy or at least anything of interest that I consider scummy." What's the megablocking difference here? Was there anything of disinterest that you considered Scummy?? And did you ignore it? My brain probably ignored this sentence yesterday because it had already experienced too much cell death.

See above. He hadn’t said anything scummy in my eyes for the first 2 days.

We're all voting for Chekov but he votes McCoy as Nurse Chapel pointed out.

Simply put. McCoy seemed scummier. I pointed out Chekov’s defence of McCoy on Day 1. McCoy nicely slipped of the radar yesterday and was happy to attack me and Chekov. 

Chekov didn't only spout bonkers, that's a positive thing I said about Chekov! :sweet: I honestly don't notice sometimes that I hammered. So I didn't think much of this. However, since it is Sulu and Uhura who both mixed up their vote position (partially thanks to William Shatner) it makes me think perhaps they mixed it up also because they're a team. That's a stretch for sure, but it is odd to claim a place on a lynch wagon and get it wrong. And for both of them to do it. Did they both think "Was I the hammer? I'll check Bob's tally."? I don't think there's anything solid to this but I'm mentioning it in case I'm missing something and maybe one of you will see it.

Chekhov stated that I cast the “key vote”. That and Captain Kirk got the votes the wrong way out so it confused me too. That’s was my fault for getting that wrong.

2 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

“don’t worry if my target seems townie, the fact that I delivered three town lynches already should be ignored” 

There it is. I delivered three lynches.

Yes, the Scum genius mastermind Hinckley is 100% responsible for all three lynches. For the last two days, I placed a vote, went to bed and woke up to see the person I had voted for lynched. At both points, the lynch could've gone either way but it went the way I had voted. Which is exactly as I've already addressed. Have I been manipulating you, Uhura? Did you only vote the way you did because of my "leadership?"

Now, I’m not offended that Scotty has decided he needs to do me later. I’d suggest it means he needs to put extra work into pulling stuff out of what I’ve said and done to paint me as scummy. 

I don't need much time, but I need some time which I won't have for a while. After I was done "summarizing" what I didn't like about Sulu's behavior I had to sleep because it was 2:00 am on my side of the ship. But I do like that you're suddenly putting in a lot of work yourself. Interesting that you're painting me as the leader of three lynches. I wonder how everyone else who voted feels about that.

Looking back I found this really interesting comment Sulu made. 

On 7/21/2019 at 12:58 PM, Tariq j said:

This bugs me. A lot. McCoy states he is not a fan of the Kyle lynch whilst voting for Uhura. To me (playing a bit of WIFOM here) he said this so he can then say the next day “oh look guys, I didn’t want to join that Bandwagon! Guess that makes me town”. 

I find it interesting that Sulu made this assumption yesterday, and then latter did something very similar. Even though he definitely has suspicions about Chekov he did not vote for him and only voted for McCoy after Chekov had the majority. Thus avoiding the bandwagon. If it bugs him so much that McCoy was doing this on day 2 why does he latter do it himself. 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:58 AM, Chromeknight said:

Don’t make me come back there and slap you. 

Of course order matters, and everything else in between too. 

Saying otherwise is scummy.

unvote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

vote: Chekov (jimmynick)

On 7/23/2019 at 1:33 AM, Chromeknight said:

I went away, came back, read through things and changed my mind.

The quote I pulled from Chekov isn’t the only scummy thing he’s said, but it is an exemplar. One of many, but citing one is enough.

I got the order of votes yesterday incorrect, I make mistakes. 

If you read back and changed your mind why did you not say so in your vote post? How is letting others ask why you changed helpful? Citing more then one example would also help us get a better view of where you stand but it's too late now. 

Like others I find these two very uncommitted and sliding just by not to be noticed on the first two days. Of course yesterday Sulu seemed to be more active but he was directly being called out. Uhura still barley said anything even though she seemed to have enough thoughts that she changed her mind. 

18 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Looking back I found this really interesting comment Sulu made. 

I find it interesting that Sulu made this assumption yesterday, and then latter did something very similar. Even though he definitely has suspicions about Chekov he did not vote for him and only voted for McCoy after Chekov had the majority. Thus avoiding the bandwagon. If it bugs him so much that McCoy was doing this on day 2 why does he latter do it himself. 

It’s not the fact he did it that it was a problem. It’s the fact he made a big deal out of it. Stating that “he wasn’t a fan” of the Kyle lynch. I wasn’t unhappy with the Chekhov lynch. I just felt Mccoy was a better choice.

About 30 hours remain in Day Four. Four votes are required to secure a lynch. 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

It’s not the fact he did it that it was a problem. It’s the fact he made a big deal out of it. Stating that “he wasn’t a fan” of the Kyle lynch. I wasn’t unhappy with the Chekhov lynch. I just felt Mccoy was a better choice.

I wasn't only not a fan of kyle, I also really find Uhura scummy. 

9 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Previous to this Helpful Scotty divides the group into “good” guys and “bad” guys, calls the “good” guys to work together and lays out this gem, apparently saying 

Mr Scott seems pretty far from delivering a lynch. He's never been one of the leading two votes on the lynch, and his day one vote was even extraneous. (3rd vote on days 2 and 3). 

On 7/21/2019 at 2:04 AM, Hinckley said:

Well, we have to vote and Kyle's last post keeps clawing around in my brain. "Played it off." I think I've voiced my suspicions of him thoroughly.

vote: Lieutenant Kyle (KotZ)

I have to admit this may be tunnel vision. When he first said "Why not M?" I admit thinking that was Scummy. Then he reacted to my reaction explaining it was a joke which I thought would've been obvious. If someone voted for me and said it was because of my behavior in a previous game, I think I would've had a strong reaction. I realize Kyle isn't me but I found his reaction timid. Is timidity Scummy? Maybe. Trying not to make ripples.

Overall, it seems to me he spends most of his time defending himself instead of truly looking into suspicions. Maybe I'm totally wrong, it's happened before. It happened with Spock. :sceptic: Tunnel vision it may be, but I really think the term "played it off" is sealing his coffin for me. Or his trip to the brig or whatever we're calling it this time.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:29 AM, Tariq j said:

I apologies if it seems I’ve been hiding under the radar. Been very busy navigating our course making sure we don’t bump into any asteroids. The split in the vote feels deliberate. The issue is we have no evidence or night actions. So our suspicions and votes are entirely of what people have said (or not said). At present I’m more suspicious of Kyle given his sheepish votes for McCoy both today and yesterday. He was trying to make a something out of nothing. As others have done. 

Vote: Kyle (KotZ)

If Kyle is scum then I think the last scum will be one of the three votes on McCoy for trying to prevent the Lynch. And likewise if McCoy is scum then I think one of the scum is one of the votes on Kyle. I agree with Nurse Chapman and I don’t think McCoy and Kyle are both scum but there’s a small possibility they could both be town and the scum could be on both bandwagons. Trying to stop the lynch they get a night kill.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:56 AM, Chromeknight said:

Um. No.

If both McCoy and Kyle are town the scum would have no interest in preventing the lynch. We’ve been through this. There’s no benefit to the scum to their getting a night kill, either they lynch a town during the day or kill a town at night. It’s the town that doesn’t loses out by not lunching since it guarantees a town dies, as opposed to the shot of lynching a scum.

I think we’re playing this backwards. Out there are two people who would only lynch each other if utterly pushed. I rate unlikely they’d bus each other, the risks are too high, especially with a diminishing number required for majority. Remember, there’s no investigator, no solid basis for trust, but I expect we’ll still see crew members trying to cover others, explain for them, divert suspicion and proclaim another’s townieness (or at least, comparative non-scumminess). 

In any case Sulu’s waffle above about “if someone flips scum the other must be in the other vote” is both trivial and unhelpful.

I’ve already voted McCoy, but it seems for the second day running he skates out of the lynch, so I’ll do what I didn’t do last time (which McCoy critiqued)

vote:Kyle (Kotz)

And to save Scotty’s head I’m going to give up adding episode titles in.

-the town that loses out by not lynching-

I guess you can say I led a lynch if you are actively waiting to see who I will vote for. On Day Two I "led" the lynch because Sulu and Uhura waited for me to vote and then followed suit. Weird, though, that they both seem to state their own reasons. Well, Uhura does. Sulu just kind of summarizes what others have said. Sulu softly accused Mallory twice with little to no mention of McCoy. When Uhura votes he says there are two people that won't vote for eachother unless utterly pushed. If she's Scum is that accurate or WIFOM? Have Sulu or Uhura voted for each other? Weird that he would be that confident about how the Scum are playing this. *Wouldn't vote for each other unless utterly pushed." "Rather unlikely they'd bus each other..."

On 7/23/2019 at 12:58 AM, Chromeknight said:

Don’t make me come back there and slap you. 

Of course order matters, and everything else in between too. 

Saying otherwise is scummy.

vote: Chekov (jimmynick)

On 7/23/2019 at 1:13 AM, Hinckley said:

Based on these two posts, Sulu and Chekov should be voting for McCoy, but they aren't. If you want McCoy to be lynched, here are two people who think McCoy is Scum, turn to them.

For me, I'll vote: Chekov/jimmynick for all of the reasons I've stated all day from his weird reaction to a legitimate question about his nonsense response to Sulu all the way up to softly accusing me but not following through with a vote on me, Mallory or McCoy.

Eeeew, gross. Uhura voted for him too. :hmpf: Now, I'm having doubts again. I don't like that Uhura contradicted herself again with this vote. Yes, I agree that the order of things is important and suggesting otherwise is Scummy. 

But look at yourself. You can't even get the order you actually voted in correct. And is this really the Scummiest thing Chekov has done to warrant a vote?

And what about your hard titties for McCoy's lynch? What happened to those?

We voted right on top of eachother. Looks like I haven't necessarily led poor easily-led Uhura here. Looks like she voted right before me...after I announced I would vote in an hour. I think it was getting pretty obvious that I found Chekov the Scummiest. Was this Uhura's long play. Make Scotty look like he's leading the lynches, latch onto his massive ego and then once three Townies are dead, try to serve him up as the cause of all the dead Townies? Weird move considering he voted for people I was making cases against with his own reason: that Chekov quoted me out of order. He thinks that was Scummy. I immediately questioned it. Sounds like I'm really leading people. It should be pointed out again that after I voted, there was definitely enough time and enough people around for the lynch to go to McCoy. Why didn't it? Because I voted for Chekov?

On 7/23/2019 at 4:06 AM, Tariq j said:

I interpreted it as the accusation was that both me and McCoy are scum. But I had voted for Kyle hammering his bandwagon hence why he voted for me. 

For reasons I stated earlier I’m going to Vote: Commander McCoy (Umbra Manis)

Sulu voted after me again. Granted that it wasn't the same vote this time. Interesting he seemed to have a more Scummy read on Chekov, based solely on the fact that he listed him first among his strongest reads. Was this a hammer vote? Or did Mallory hammer Chekov? Did Sulu want to further split the vote so they could achieve a night kill?

On 7/23/2019 at 10:33 AM, jimmynick said:

I couldn't have done it without your help :wink:

Just circling back, what the fuck, man? Seriously? :tongue:

Let me also say that Mallory did an amazing job at demonstrating what was illogical about the interaction between Chekov and Sulu. Suggesting that I led that is an insult to Mallory's leadership. It was concise and hilarious.

I do have more on Uhura. I admit I didn't feel as strongly about his Scumminess as I do Sulu's, maybe a tossup between him and McCoy for different reasons, but he's ticked up since his "Scott led all the Townie lynches."

Maybe it's just my ego and my public enemy number one communication style and summaries. :hmpf:

I have more on Uhura but I'm having a very busy day.

Didn’t say lead. Said delivered. You have been a vocal player (as per your style). Two things follow from that style. Everyone else seems quiet and sheepish in comparison and two, people often look where you point (or look at who you’re pointing at). They may make up their own mind, but having looked they may agree with you and have less to say about it because you and whoever you’re arguing with about have already said so much.

You haven’t always voted first on a player (that’d be a ping) nor have you called players out but not voted for them (that’d be a ping) nor have you always been the hammer vote (that’d be a ping). But you have always voted for the officer who went to the brig. Perhaps that’s inevitable in such a small game, and true, you’ve nowhere said, ‘look at me I stayed of that vote train on a townie I’m town’ (saying so would be a ping). By that count you have no pings. The trouble is that most players have a ping or two each game as they go through. Mostly because they don’t care and aren’t avoiding notice. Sometimes because they are trying to force and outcome. But you, Scotty, are all clean. And the question is, is that because you’re a very experienced town player who knows how to not distract the town or a very experienced scum player who knows how to not garner attention. From the quote above, you seem the towniest of the town.

I’m ok with the assumption that noisy generally equals town and quiet equals hiding scum. But it’s not alway true. Personal playstyle is also a factor. Scott is always noisy, regardless of alignment, yelling about not having the power or some such guff. Uhura is usual quieter in situations like this, reading, inputting occasionally and thinking. I tend to be a behind the scenes player. But like the last game, there are no scenes to play behind, no PMs, no whiteboard, just a noisy bridge and infernal bagpiping. You’d know if I were Romulan, I’d be pushing for particular outcomes rather than bobbling along a bit, watching what happens and listening to noisy Scotsmen.

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I hate to defend McCoy who I am still somewhat suspicious of, but I don't think McCoy saying he is not a fan was him making a big deal out of it. Heck I said I did not find Kyle too scummy myself.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:08 AM, Khscarymovie4 said:

As for Kyle who McCoy is tied with. I looked into him and I find his vote on McCoy to also be very bandwagony similar to how Spock's was. Other then that not much looks odd to me

If he had done what you thought he would and said "yeah I did not vote for the townie, I'm town woot woot!'. Then he would be making a big deal of it and would look super scummy. To me and others it seemed like you were pretty even on your thoughts about McCoy and Chekov, so I would like to ask you what exactly made you more suspicious of McCoy then Chekov? Are you still suspicious of him today? What are your thoughts on the rest of us? Even if McCoy is scum there must be another out there. You have pretty much just been defending yourself today which you should, but fail to even show who you yourself are suspicious about. I guess we can assume McCoy but it would be nice to hear more current thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Chromeknight said:

But like the last game, there are no scenes to play behind, no PMs, no whiteboard, just a noisy bridge and infernal bagpiping. You’d know if I were Romulan, I’d be pushing for particular outcomes rather than bobbling along a bit, watching what happens and listening to noisy Scotsmen.

Hate to break it to you but..

On 7/23/2019 at 4:24 PM, Bob said:

6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the Romulans

Yes the town can't PM, but it sure looks like the scum can. Who's to say the scum are not following some plan behind the scenes? And in a game where all you have to do to win is not say anything scummy why would you push for particular outcomes? Just go along with what else is being said and you may even be forgotten. Also you did not answer my questions for you. 

8 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

If you read back and changed your mind why did you not say so in your vote post? How is letting others ask why you changed helpful? Citing more then one example would also help us get a better view of where you stand but it's too late now. 

You’d know if I were Romulan, I’d be pushing for particular outcomes

Oh well, never mind then. :hmpf:

I’m ok with the assumption that noisy generally equals town and quiet equals hiding scum. But it’s not alway true. Personal playstyle is also a factor. Scott is always noisy, regardless of alignment, yelling about not having the power or some such guff. Uhura is usual quieter in situations like this, reading, inputting occasionally and thinking. I tend to be a behind the scenes player. But like the last game, there are no scenes to play behind, no PMs, no whiteboard, just a noisy bridge and infernal bagpiping. You’d know if I were Romulan, I’d be pushing for particular outcomes rather than bobbling along a bit, watching what happens and listening to noisy Scotsmen.

"If I were romulan I would play like an obvious Romualan" Is both a crappy defense and the scummiest thing said today. 

My initial Scum read, before her activity today, on Uhura was the quiet, confident, laid back way in which she dropped in and voted...and unvoted...and joined bandwagons. And if she knows who is who, she just kind of let us lynch Townies. Her general attitude seems non-committal. There's not much there, but it's a pretty solid flying-under-the-radar game.

And saying I "delivered" the lynches is just as asinine as saying I "led" them as I've demonstrated earlier, we voted in close proximity on Days Two and Three. So, have you not been delivering us Townie lynches? You hammered Kyle.

Why has nobody voted yet?