thire5

[MOC] Vigilance - Venator class-star destroyer

The "neck" leading up to the bridges and the engine details are great so far! 

Any chance you could post a WIP parts list so I can start gathering the pieces for this beauty?

will definitely purchase instructions once ready. Made this account just to ask this question lol

Edited by Wediddy

Thank you for comments!

Small update
- fixed the issues with bridge discussed above^
- the whole "wing" section is way more complicated that I thought, I had to rebuild the side "flaps" maybe 5 times and I still haven't properly attached those around the hangar. Ideally, each section of side "flaps" would be attached with two small ball joins to make it stable.

Venator WIP

30 minutes ago, thire5 said:

Thank you for comments!

Small update
- the whole "wing" section is way more complicated that I thought, I had to rebuild the side "flaps" maybe 5 times and I still haven't properly attached those around the hangar. Ideally, each section of side "flaps" would be attached with two small ball joins to make it stable.

Venator WIP

Looking awesome, the wing stripes are particularly well done! 

7 hours ago, thire5 said:

Thank you for comments!

Small update

Looking absolutely fantastic! It's definitely looking like it'll be the best Venator in LEGO! Looking forward to the final result

This MOC is truly awesome and I'm really looking forward to when the instructions will be available. I just want to share an idea I have, but i understand if it is too hard to implement. What if the long red strip in the front actually was able to slid open just like in the movies, that would be totally awesome. Im thinking that they sit on some technic hinges that almost swing open like a bus door, but that's just my idea and I'm sure there's other better mechanics that would work in this situation. 

Good luck with the MOC ;) 

Thank you!

On 7/6/2020 at 3:54 PM, CT-1119 said:

This MOC is truly awesome and I'm really looking forward to when the instructions will be available. I just want to share an idea I have, but i understand if it is too hard to implement. What if the long red strip in the front actually was able to slid open just like in the movies, that would be totally awesome. Im thinking that they sit on some technic hinges that almost swing open like a bus door, but that's just my idea and I'm sure there's other better mechanics that would work in this situation. 

Good luck with the MOC ;) 

That was actually my plan. The main hangar doors will be openable but unfortunately I was not able to install any slide door mechanism, there is not enough space (should have built the model 1,5x bigger :D ). The way to open it will be just simply unattach each door part and attach/clip them to another marked place  

Hey, I'm another brand new account who came by just to say:

• this looks amazing
  • I can't wait for more updates
  • this is a day one purchase for me
  • :classic:

On 7/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, thire5 said:

Thank you!

That was actually my plan. The main hangar doors will be openable but unfortunately I was not able to install any slide door mechanism, there is not enough space (should have built the model 1,5x bigger :D ). The way to open it will be just simply unattach each door part and attach/clip them to another marked place  

Hey thire5,

You're works are so beutiful and unique! Hope everything goes well with this Venator. Any plans when it can be avail?

Hello and thank you! @dankestmango@AZgo, @caiman0637, @MAVERICK26 

I know it's statring to be "cliché", but it's almost finished, I estimate that it's 98% done :grin: This project is way more complicated that I intially expected and I always get stuck on some intricate section of the model...

Keep it up and thanks for the updates!! Been following this post for the past year, excited to see you are almost complete!

Here it is finally... :grin:

Dimensions:
65 x 137 x 46 studs
52 x 110 x 37 cm 
20.5 x 43.2 x 14.6 inches
Pieces: 11103 
Weight: 7.75 kg (273.5 oz)

Stay tuned for the instructions 😇

~thire5

51203818079_3723fbc562_c.jpg
Vigilance - Venator-class Star Destroyer by Martin Latta, on Flickr

51202326982_994eef768d_c.jpg

51203819449_c7045029e0_c.jpg

51203251943_d844869c1a_c.jpg

Edited by thire5

All around a great job. Though despite all the fantastic details you've added over time, the engine assembly is probably still my favourite part. 

That is an incredible MOC, the angles and shaping is perfect, and the overall level of detail is magnificent - well done

Wow. Fantastic model! Definitely the best Venator MOC out there. Looking forward to the instructions!