VBBN

[PRESS RELEASE] 21318 LEGO® Ideas Tree House

48355515491_ed3d6f7065_c.jpg

21318 LEGO® Ideas Tree House

Ages 16+. 3036 pieces

US $199.99 CA $269.99 DE €199.99 UK £179.99 – FR €199.99 DK 1799DKK –AUS $279.99

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Detailed Tree House model to challenge LEGO® builders and inspire endless play!

Build, display and play with this intricately detailed, 3,036-piece LEGO® Ideas 21318 Tree House playset. A complex build for experienced LEGO builders that all the family will love to play with, it features a landscape base and 3 LEGO tree house cabins—a main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room. The tree has interchangeable sets of green summer leaf elements and yellow and brown fall leaf elements—these and various plant elements on the base are all made from sustainable-plant-based polyethylene plastic—and the treetop and cabin roofs are removable to allow easy access. The model is packed with play-inspiring features including a buildable picnic table and seats, swing, bonfire, treasure map and hidden gem element to play out a treasure hunt, and a wind-up crane on the balcony of the bedroom cabin. A great birthday gift, this unique creative toy comes with mom, dad and kids minifigures, plus a bird figure, to role-play fun family scenes. It also includes a booklet with building instructions and information about this LEGO Ideas set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.

• This LEGO® Ideas set includes 4 minifigures: mom, dad and 2 children, plus a bird figure.
  • This challenging, 3,036-piece building toy features a landscape base, tree with interchangeable sets of green (summer) leaves and yellow and brown (fall) leaves, and a LEGO® Tree House with 3 cabins—main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room.
  • The treetop and cabin roofs are removable for easy access and play.
  • Landscape base features a buildable picnic table with 4 minifigure seats and assorted elements to create a picnic, plus a buildable stream, swing (hanging from the tree), bonfire, hidden gem element, plant and bush elements, and a ladder to the cabins.
  • Tree foliage features over 180 botanical elements made from plant-based polyethylene plastic using sustainably sourced sugarcane. Assorted plant elements around the tree are also made from this plant-based plastic. This is the first milestone in LEGO® Group’s ambitious commitment to make products using sustainable materials by 2030.
  • Main bedroom cabin features a buildable bed, and assorted elements including hidden scissors (as a reference to the fan creator’s day job as a hairdresser), ship in a bottle, compass, clock plus a balcony with a hand-operated, wind-up crane to lift items up to the cabin.
  • Bathroom features a buildable bathtub, toilet and sink.
  • Kids’ room features bunk beds and assorted elements such as a book and treasure map.
  • This LEGO® Ideas creative toy comes with a booklet with building instructions and information about this awesome set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
  • Measures over 14” (37cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep.

Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 24th July, 2019

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2019 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

48355629547_b24999c312_c.jpg

48355507861_68869c9308_c.jpg

21318_BI_01.jpg

21318_Front_02.jpg

21318_Back_05.jpg

21318_Back_02.jpg

21318_Back_04.jpg

21318_BI_03.jpg

FACTS: The LEGO® IDEAS Treehouse & LEGO Group sustainable materials mission 

LEGO IDEAS Treehouse  

• The LEGO Ideas Treehouse celebrates Kevin Feeser’s design for its endless creativity that its unique to the LEGO System in Play and its embodiment of the LEGO Group’s sustainable materials challenge. 
  • All 185 leaves and plants in the treehouse are made from plant-based plastic – the largest number of plant-based elements in a LEGO set so far. 
  • A list of the elements made from plant-based plastic is included on the top of the packaging. 

The LEGO Group’s sustainable materials mission 

• The LEGO Group is on a mission to make all LEGO bricks sustainably by 2030. 
  • For the LEGO Group, a sustainable material must have a reduced environmental footprint, be produced responsibly using renewable resources, and meet our high standards for safety, quality and durability.  
  • High standards for sustainability, safety, quality and durability mean that there are no simple replacement materials on the market, and the LEGO Group is working with suppliers, research institutions and other industries to develop new materials to be used in the LEGO bricks of the future.  
  • The LEGO Group has an ambition to find sustainable packaging alternatives by 2025 that are renewable, efficient and recyclable. 

LEGO elements made from plants 

• All the trees, leaves and bushes and many of other elements in our LEGO sets, more than 80 types, are now made from green polyethylene, which is made from ethanol produced from sustainably sourced sugarcane. 
  • The sugarcane is grown in Brazil, is sourced responsibly and does not compromise food security.  
  • Polyethylene is just one of many materials used in LEGO elements, and the LEGO Group expects the materials of the future will be made from both plant-based and recycled sources.  
  • Customers can expect the same high quality of our plant-based elements. The elements do not biodegrade…because we want to make safe, functional and durable products that can be played with for generations. 

48355502736_c66f37fcb6_z.jpg

48355630802_b808a48032_z.jpg

48355502271_5640d6dcd6_z.jpg

48355630247_0b5e913391_z.jpg

48355501691_ac2b722e6d_z.jpg

48355629812_af3c14e341_z.jpg

48355626102_cb177477eb_z.jpg

This is a very cool set. I love the implementation of different seasons.

48 minutes ago, Jim said:

implementation of different seasons

Yes that's sure great but at that point I wonder why they used the blue for the roofs...

Thanks for the great review!

- I Realy like this but i would like to see more birds in this set

Greetings!

29 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

Yes that's sure great but at that point I wonder why they used the blue for the roofs...

That is something I was wondering myself as well. I like a bit of color but I'm not sure blue was the best option. Maybe red would be better for both options.

Beautiful set, especially with autumn colours. But pricey, very pricey. And the minifigures are a bit boring. They could have included more animals as well.

Edited by Hive

I can't imagine it's made up of  three thousands piece

Probably $250-$300 for this. I have many other much better options

Edited by ks6349

29 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

I can't imagine it's made up of  three thousands piece

Probably $250-$300 for this. I have many other much better options

US $199.99  CA $269.99  DE €199.99  UK £179.99 – FR €199.99  DK 1799DKK –AUS $279.99

Not to mention a portion of the parts are for the autumn switch-out.

One thing I find strange is there is quite a lack of recognition for the original model/designer here... this was an IDEAS set, after all, but the focus is clearly on the sustainable pieces.

1 minute ago, VBBN said:

US $199.99  CA $269.99  DE €199.99  UK £179.99 – FR €199.99  DK 1799DKK –AUS $279.99

Not to mention a portion of the parts are for the autumn switch-out.

One thing I find strange is there is quite a lack of recognition for the original model/designer here... this was an IDEAS set, after all, but the focus is clearly on the sustainable pieces.

200 USD only? great price for 3000 pieces

Its a pretty great price for the size of set. I really like it in the fall colors. Could be a great centerpiece for a great fall display

3 hours ago, carebear said:

- I Realy like this but i would like to see more birds in this set

3 hours ago, Hive said:

They could have included more animals as well.

I agree a great looking set I most likely will buy, but they should have included more animals!
Several small birds, a owl or two, some frogs in the stream, a couple of goats, a rabbit and a flock of hens would fit right in.. If they wanted to add more playability a bear, skunk or the new deer mould would be perfect, so a lot of possibility for animals in this type of sets :def_shrug:

Personally I think this set is very worth it's price. $200 for 3000+ pieces is a bargain. Plus you get 55 of the new yellow leaves. 

Looks like the Swiss family Robinson house. Pretty creative though, interesting choice for a set. 

I'd like to learn more about the plant-based plastic. They make a lot of fuzz of that. But what does is mean? The plastic will biodegrade in no time? Or: The plastic is still what is was, but instead of crude oil, something plant-based was used? You can make virtually everything from plants or other natural resources. But that may not be envirionmentally friendly at all. And after all, the final product is "plastic". When it comes to LEGO bricks and pieces usually as in: No way back. As we want to still have them clutch in a century from now.

But who knows. Maybe some chemical company actually paved the way from plants to PE (guess the floppy tree branches are PE), which has less impact on the environment than making it from crude oil.

All the best,
Thorsten

17 minutes ago, Toastie said:

I'd like to learn more about the plant-based plastic. They make a lot of fuzz of that. But what does is mean? The plastic will biodegrade in no time? Or: The plastic is still what is was, but instead of crude oil, something plant-based was used? You can make virtually everything from plants or other natural resources. But that may not be envirionmentally friendly at all. And after all, the final product is "plastic". When it comes to LEGO bricks and pieces usually as in: No way back. As we want to still have them clutch in a century from now.

But who knows. Maybe some chemical company actually paved the way from plants to PE (guess the floppy tree branches are PE), which has less impact on the environment than making it from crude oil.

All the best,
Thorsten

It's this. Lego has transitioned to using sugarcane-based polyethylene instead of petroleum-based polyethylene. So chemically, there shouldn't be any meaningful difference in how it biodegrades (or rather, doesn't). The point isn't to reduce the end-of-life impact of Lego's products (which thanks to their resilience and reusability is always going to be a less substantial impact than plastic goods that are meant to be "disposable"), but to reduce the environmental impact at the start of production (namely, the extraction and refinement of fossil fuels). Not to mention the future cost savings by switching to a renewable resource before the non-renewable resource that they have mainly relied on has the chance to become more scarce.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

This is a very cool set. I love the implementation of different seasons.

I agree!  I can't wait to build it!

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Looks like the Swiss family Robinson house. Pretty creative though, interesting choice for a set. 

I was thinking that too!  That would be a fun MOC to make, and recreate some scenes!

My thoughts on the blue roof pieces is that they may have produced many and are trying to make sure they have uses for them, (from the Stranger Things set and others.)  It doesn't take away from the set as it is still a very dark color and under the leaves will likely still look closer to a black roof.  Just my thoughts, we'll see once I get it.  I hope to pick this up weekend after next!

I've been on a personal Ideas boycott since the excellent space shuttle project wasn't approved but I do really like this set.

It's nice!

But some parts are a bit unrealistic e.g. how to get to the different platforms, the space between the building and the railing is too small to walk normally 

A bit out of my price range right now, but I like the concept of choosing your season in the build along with the nice details.