TheBrickBuilder14

[MOC] 1989 Batmobile and Batwing Reworked

Posted (edited)

2019 is a very special year for the character of Batman with not 1 but 2 huge celebrations; Batman himself celebrates his 80th birthday and its been 30 years since the release of Batman 89' one of the most iconic adaptations of the character to date.

Personally I love the 89' movie a lot. The aesthetic is simply perfect for me. A major part of this are also the vehicles that Batman utilizes in the movie; the Batmobile and the Batwing. Both designs have made a huge impact and influenced every Bat vehicle since.

I have created these vehicles before in the past but as I always do I have updated them a lot over time. I recently posted my reworked Batmobile but have since even tweaked that design. The Batwing is an updated version of my previous one. I utilized a lot of newly introduced pieces in order to make it more accurate to its screen counterpart, especially the back has undergone a massive overhaul.

48348314432_d46c7bda47_b.jpg

48348216296_e609fe21b9_b.jpg

48348352112_06029efcb6_b.jpg

48348345967_4439984fcb_b.jpg

48348343972_7e57ce078f_b.jpg

48348199676_59d2e5f273_b.jpg

48348338542_26d0c425e7_b.jpg

48348336882_049805c7ec_b.jpg

48348334042_97836d1062_b.jpg

48348372172_8d66589d31_b.jpg

48348364742_7a7e9d7e5a_b.jpg

48348367397_d4c88435ca_b.jpg

48348369752_a4f1f0acc8_b.jpg

48348382237_13f2c74a18_b.jpg

48348218631_6c80a5d59e_b.jpg

48348361872_7979b33eee_b.jpg

48348376932_7c610e1e00_b.jpg

48348238651_8aecf0b84e_b.jpg

For those that are interested the instructions for the 89 Batmobile can be found on Rebrickable here; https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-23893/LucasTheBuilder/1989-batmobile/#comments and the instructions for the Batwing design that served as the base for this new model can be found in the Brickvault webstore; https://www.brickvault.toys/collections/all/products/batmobile-batwing-batski-1989-batman-film

If you like my work please check out my instagram page as well right over here; https://www.instagram.com/lucasinc14/

I hope that you all enjoyed these models. Feedback is always greatly appreciated :)

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

Great builds, especially the batmobile.
Nice use of parts too, like those samouraiswords and those guns? at the nose.

As a fan of the Burton movies I can say these are really well done. The original shaping of the vehicle is odd but you managed to do them justice. I love the fact that the Batwing is shaped to be the bat symbol. Thats something I don't think any of the official Batwings have done correctly. Only thing I would suggest would be to add another seat in the Batmobile. Good work overall. 

Those Models are really nice. You’ve done a great job to capture the shape of the vehicles. Interesting use of utensils and weapons in the bat mobile. 

Well done! This is super neat and slick build, such great detailing on a small build. I love how accurately it compares to the original vehicles, you got the shapes and everything pretty perfectly.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:01 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Lovely, perfect shaping on both vehicles!

Thank you very much!

On 7/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, neonic said:

Great builds, especially the batmobile.
Nice use of parts too, like those samouraiswords and those guns? at the nose.

Thanks! Yes those are indeed revolvers at the nose, I struggled for a while to come up with a solution that would fit in such a small space and in the end decided to go with the pistols, glad they look good!

16 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

As a fan of the Burton movies I can say these are really well done. The original shaping of the vehicle is odd but you managed to do them justice. I love the fact that the Batwing is shaped to be the bat symbol. Thats something I don't think any of the official Batwings have done correctly. Only thing I would suggest would be to add another seat in the Batmobile. Good work overall. 

The shape of these vehicles can indeed be a bit tricky to capture in Lego given their rounder designs, I'm glad to hear that I managed to capture their look. The Batwing shape was indeed fun to incorporate in the design, it is such an iconic moment in the movie that you simply cannot have a model that cannot do the same.

15 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Those Models are really nice. You’ve done a great job to capture the shape of the vehicles. Interesting use of utensils and weapons in the bat mobile. 

The reason why I build at such a small scale is because it can be quite challenging to capture certain shapes etc. and often requires out of the box thinking. Utensils like the pistols etc. then become very useful pieces.

6 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I can say that these MOCs are highly accurate. and well done.

excellent shaping

That is great to hear, I continuously tweaked the designs to make them as accurate as possible so I'm glad the work paid off.

6 hours ago, Park7573 said:

Well done! This is super neat and slick build, such great detailing on a small build. I love how accurately it compares to the original vehicles, you got the shapes and everything pretty perfectly.

Nice to hear you like them so much! Capturing certain shapes in such a small scale can indeed be very tricky but it is also a lot of fun for me, hearing that I managed to get the designs right makes all the work pay off :)

Love these for the fact that they are minifig size vehicles and yet captured the source material so well. A lot of the official models I find are just too bulky. But then, can't blame the designers too much as they have to design to a budget and still incorporate play features.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:28 PM, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

That is great to hear, I continuously tweaked the designs to make them as accurate as possible so I'm glad the work paid off.

Well you did a good job

The shaping on both is amazing! I really like how you used the revolvers on the engine on the bat mobile and for once how the batwing is shaped like a bat! Great work 10/10