Fell out of Lego for a year or so and now the bug has bit me again. I've been looking for 9.5L shocks  and the prices are crazy on Bricklink. A set of 4 would set me back over $50 including shipping. Thus I was wondering if anyone had found any aftermarket springs that could be substituted into softer shocks (which are way cheaper). 

Thanks

Edited by Rishab N

@Didumos69 described an alternative on rebrickable.com under "Notes on parts" (I assume that this info can also be found somewhere in the forums, but I'm too new to know where). Not sure if this is an option for you in the US though, but I assume you'll find something similar there, too.

Edited by johnnym

2 hours ago, johnnym said:

@Didumos69 described an alternative on rebrickable.com under "Notes on parts" (I assume that this info can also be found somewhere in the forums, but I'm too new to know where). Not sure if this is an option for you in the US though, but I assume you'll find something similar there, too.

That's a good start, thank you!

33582042yn.jpg

Just need some help deciphering this image. Does this image mean the spring length is 9.9 cm? Along with this what is the diameter and spring stiffness then?

Edited by Rishab N

6 hours ago, Rishab N said:

That's a good start, thank you!

Just need some help deciphering this image. Does this image mean the spring length is 9.9 cm? Along with this what is the diameter and spring stiffness then?

No it means the spring diameter 9.90mm 43mm long and the wire diameter is 0.9mm I really though if wandered into a mx5 thread don't get me started on spring rates and shocks 

You could also just go to aliexpress and order fake chinese 9.5L springs. Ordered 4 of them because real lego ones are 10 times more expensive. 

7 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

You could also just go to aliexpress and order fake chinese 9.5L springs. Ordered 4 of them because real lego ones are 10 times more expensive. 

My greyhound build has 8* Lego motorcycle shocks on. Half of them wear CaDA springs which take a mental 2.1kg to compress.

The CaDA shocks themselves were junk, the two halves of the bodies were too tight fitting, couldn't move nicely at all, but the springs were useful.

Comes to about the same total spring rate as a pair of Lego 15€ each shocks.

Edited by amorti

At the AllieExpress price, using those hard spring on the official Lego soft-spring 2909c03 could work. The springs at 2 Euros a piece is pretty steep.