previously

After the loss of his friend Erdan, Eoin had gone to Nordhiem to have a little break from all the fighting. He had just turned a corner when he saw someone he hadn't seen before, and he knew all of the other lords of mitgardia. and it was definatly another lord he saw but based on the colours on his shield he looked like he was from Nocturnus! 

Summer Joust-Nordheim at Night

He even had an orc with him! He went up to the man and asked him his business. "My castle was destroyed by soldiers from the spire in the last war and they had stolen an ancient family heirloom, my great great grandfather's sword! my name's Sarkon by the way" Eoin asked if he could help. "Oh sure you could help it would be very dangerous though, I had actually come up here looking for it. We best be on our way if we are going to find it. What is your name?" "Eoin Wallace" responded Eoin.

Well just as he tried to relax he had gotten himself involved in something else!

Here are some additional pictures:

Spoiler

Behind the scenes:

This was my no grey entry to the Summer Joust. thanks to everyone running it, it's been a lot of fun! 

Edited by Eoin Wallace

I like the pictures makes it look like the moon is shining off the snow at night.  I like the snowy mountains in the background.  Nice village and the snow looks good.  Nice figs too.

Fellow Mitgardian Wallace. 

Excellent build, with beautiful lightning. 

A great example that a full castle-village scene doesn’t need grey/bley bricks.

Nice addition of the background, man. And your snow is improving! Also, great use of wood.

Congrats on the cool MOC.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, zoth33 said:

I like the pictures makes it look like the moon is shining off the snow at night.  I like the snowy mountains in the background.  Nice village and the snow looks good.  Nice figs too.

Thank you :sweet:

On 7/22/2019 at 6:11 AM, W Navarre said:

Nice lighting, it looks more like early dawn. Also good snowy roofs! 

Thanks, I guess early dawn works too:thumbup:

14 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Fellow Mitgardian Wallace. 

Excellent build, with beautiful lightning. 

A great example that a full castle-village scene doesn’t need grey/bley bricks.

Nice addition of the background, man. And your snow is improving! Also, great use of wood.

Congrats on the cool MOC.

Thank you very much!

Really sweet build.  It's a great representation of a nighttime shot in winter, too: a moonlight night will reflect a lot of light, and I have seen nights like the one you built.  I like the forced perspective, too, although as a tip, if you move the background back a bit and make sure the camera focuses on the foreground, you can get a smoother image of the background and it looks more like a movie shot.  I like your color choices and the business of the scene; it brings the small scene to life for me.  I like the pie seller, too, but what is he doing selling pies at night? lol  Nice work, as usual!

Great work with the whole scene, especially the snow covered roof tops. The SNOT black tiles as bricks work are an interesting choice and work really well. Figure posing is also excellent. Great job!

On 7/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, Grover said:

Really sweet build.  It's a great representation of a nighttime shot in winter, too: a moonlight night will reflect a lot of light, and I have seen nights like the one you built.  I like the forced perspective, too, although as a tip, if you move the background back a bit and make sure the camera focuses on the foreground, you can get a smoother image of the background and it looks more like a movie shot.  I like your color choices and the business of the scene; it brings the small scene to life for me.  I like the pie seller, too, but what is he doing selling pies at night? lol  Nice work, as usual!

Thanks a lot! And as for the pie seller, I guess there is just lots of demand for pie in Nordheim:moar:

Very fun full LEGO shot. The mountain background and moon are neat, though perhaps they could have been shifted farther back or been less in focus to heighten the forced perspective effect?
Excellent stone blockwork design for the tower, and I also like the small dock :thumbup: