Fenghuang0296

Ghosts to add to Hidden Side?

So, does anyone else have any bright ideas about minifigures we can use as ghosts to add to the Hidden Side sets? The Ninjago and Ghostbusters ghosts are the obvious ones, but a lot of those are green and Hidden Side makes it fairly apparent that ghosts are supposed to be red, blue and yellow in this theme. While I have no doubt that that's a secondary concern to most, myself included, for the sake of variety I want to come up with some other options. 

And there are a lot, as the definition of 'ghost' can be stretched very thin. Shall we, for example, consider skeletons as ghosts? They are undead. Zombies could be ghosts possessing corpses too - highly appropriate for the Graveyard set. Dementors from Harry Potter could be considered or reinterpreted as spectres. 

Out of my browsing, my favourite minifigures to use to represent the red, yellow and blue 'spectrums' of ghost have been the two variations of Flama from the first year of Nexo Knights, and Hydro Man from this year's Spider-Man sets. Honourable mentions to Nexo Knights' Rock Monsters - possessed statues, anyone? - the recent Overlord spectre minifigure of Legacy Ninjago, and basically the sum total of CMF Series 14, with emphasis on the Banshee. 

If anyone else has thoughts or suggestions, or wants to share some designs for custom ghosts of their own, I'm excited to see what you can come up with!

Edited by Feng-huang0296

I don't think skeletons or zombies fit into the Hidden Side theme, unless you modify the zombies to look like a possessed minifigure like the ones from the Hidden Side sets. I know there is a skeleton in the graveyard set that seems to be popping out of its grave on the box art, but I think it's just supposed to be part of the scenery due to the neutral head. However, some ideas that come to mind are:

• NRG versions of the Ninja
  • Power Miners monsters
  • Electro
  • Carnage
  • Red Skull
  • Red She Hulk
  • Hades
  • Genie
  • Killer Frost
  • TLBM Mr. Freeze
  • Firestorm
  • Infearno
  • Darth Maul
  • Savage Opress

The theme is pretty restrictive and doesn't leave much room to be mixed with other themes. Monsters from the MiniFigs line, the MF line, or thd Studios line do not fit here at all. Neither does Harry Potter. Not even Scooby Doo or GB fit here in terms of designs and color schemes. I don't feel the vibe when I try and mesh Scooby Doo with MF. Only reason my Arkhym Asylum and Temple of Doom work is because thy use the same architecture / design. Although I was able to mesh the old HP graveyard duel with my MF sets just fine.

But HS is its own theme where only its own ghost minifigs and designs work with it. Now the regular minifigs and the scientist could fit with the women's GB but def stay away from Studios, Monsters, Scoovy, and MF.

23 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Series 19 Scary Knight!

I agree completely. I'm actually working on a museum MOC for Hidden Side where the roof opens and a giant eyeball comes out. The Scary Knight would be perfect as a display inside the museum. 

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I agree completely. I'm actually working on a museum MOC for Hidden Side where the roof opens and a giant eyeball comes out. The Scary Knight would be perfect as a display inside the museum. 

The guy looks like Jestro's twin. So Jestro himself should also be useful

Related image

Adam Acid's head might also be useful for showing one transforming:

uagt004.png

Assuming the theme survives for more than a year, I believe Lego will do different colours and types for ghosts. The current ones are all light green, and it is a good looking, coherent style - but it might get boring after a while. The VR section already has ghosts in blue and red on top of green, right? Those would be an obvious addition in minifig form at some point.

In terms of currently available alternatives, I think the Ninjago line - especially the current "ice samurai" - has some brilliant parts that already would work well if one was to do "blue ghosts" instead of "green ghosts".

I always wanted to add to the Lord of the Rings ghost army, but Lego hasn't produced many figures that would fit there either.

That said, I totally display my hidden side figures with my monsters.