Garmadon

[Mystery Island 14] The Great Banana Rush (of 619)!

Something strange is going on...

800x544.jpg

So far:

Explosion on Gunpowder Island
A Message Is Sent
A Message Is Recieved
At The Headquarters
Encounter in the Jungle
Don't Shoot
Examination Subjects
Meanwhile...
In the Laboratory
Never Alone
A Scientific Breakthrough
Air Strike
A Surprise Reward

Soon word of the delicious cocorite-enriched bananas of gunpowder island had spread like wildfire throughout the Brick Seas.  Everybody wanted to get their hands on the exquisite bananas.  The Queen of Corrington had even sent her special ambassador to bring a cargo of gunpowder island bananas back to the capital.  Naturally, during the initial rush the bananas were going for quite a decent price... and so the General and Marquis set up shop.

The Great Banana Rush of 619 (2).JPG

Merchants from all over the colonies, and even from the Old World, lined up for miles to purchase a cargo load of bananas.

48323395811_547d5ffb5f_c.jpg

And while the General and Marquis run the operations, the always business-savvy ETWC has partnered with them to get in on the profits as well... I mean, well, somebody was going to have to climb those trees... :laugh: :grin:

One more pic:

The Great Banana Rush of 619 (3).JPG

And there you've got my contribution to Captain B's Mystery Island story-line! :classic:  Hope y'all have enjoyed this installment and the whole story - I know I have! :grin:  Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

It's hilarious that the monkeys are selling and the people climbing trees. :laugh:  Great build, I really like the way the leaves stick up on the banana tree and the blue flowers look really good.  Nice way to do the banana bunches too!

Excellent... I have very few time to built at the moment but the story is not over for me... there is something more to do with bananas and Gloogloos

Beautiful landscaping Garm, it really enlivens the whole scene. The blue flowers are a nice touch and I like the use of the Harry Potter CMF stalk. Another great addition to the story (which I have only just had time to read in full!) Great work.

PS. I have some plans to send some prospectors to Gunpowder Island to investigate the 'black sand' mentioned in the island description. Can you guys know if this will interfere with your story in any way - I want to avoid (too much) drama!

On 7/19/2019 at 1:07 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine business opportunities arise here - a perfect place for the ETWC.

And a perfect build, thanks :laugh:

Precisely! :pir-grin:  And thanks to you - always fun to help out with a Captain Braunsfeld story! :pir-sweet:

On 7/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, Kai NRG said:

It's hilarious that the monkeys are selling and the people climbing trees. :laugh:  Great build, I really like the way the leaves stick up on the banana tree and the blue flowers look really good.  Nice way to do the banana bunches too!

:pir-laugh:  Thanks Kai!  The banana bunch technique was borrowed from one of the other banana plantations in BoBS (Elostirion's, I think).  Haha, yeah, banana/palm trees are kinda capricious in my experience - the leaves either put themselves all right almost all by themselves or they don't, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it! :pir-grin:

On 7/20/2019 at 5:41 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Excellent... I have very few time to built at the moment but the story is not over for me... there is something more to do with bananas and Gloogloos

That Gloogloo farm? :excited: :grin:  Looking forward to it!  Thanks Professor :pir-classic:

On 7/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, Ayrlego said:

Beautiful landscaping Garm, it really enlivens the whole scene. The blue flowers are a nice touch and I like the use of the Harry Potter CMF stalk. Another great addition to the story (which I have only just had time to read in full!) Great work.

PS. I have some plans to send some prospectors to Gunpowder Island to investigate the 'black sand' mentioned in the island description. Can you guys know if this will interfere with your story in any way - I want to avoid (too much) drama!

Thanks Ayrlego!  I really like those blue flowers - gotta get some more of them sometime!  (Well, some, actually, since these are Kai's :pir-grin: :laugh:)

As far as I know that'll be perfectly fine!  @Captain Braunsfeld is the one running the story, so he can let you know for sure, but I don't think there should be any problem with that :thumbup:  Sounds like an interesting investigation anyhow, looking forward to seeing it :pir-classic:

On 7/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, Keymonus said:

Nice little MOC, appropriate conclusion for your storyline! Great job! :classic:

You are probably right: the storyline is over. :pir-grin:

I need to gather new silly ideas for a follow up - or something completely different.

@Garmadon Could you add a "The End" at the end?