Sign in to follow this  
The Cobra

LEGO *New LICENSED (minidoll?) theme* 2020 -> Too bad, it was Trolls world tour

Please don't be a licensed theme. I know set numbers belong to something between Super Hero Girls and Powerpuff girls, but PLEASE don't be a licensed theme!

Please be something like Elves.

EDIT: too bad... it IS a licensed theme

Source: that youtube recap video.

4125.jpg

Edit again: we one had Elves. Now we have this.

"OK" then. Can a Moderator please move the topic to the License subforum? Thanks,

On 7/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, Lego David said:

What license would those things belong to?

No way to know, particularly since the names may be code names/placeholders with no relation to the actual contents of the sets.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Trolls 2 license were targeted primarily at girls, whether or not it uses traditional minifigures. After all, that was the case with much of the original Trolls film's merchandise, as well as much of the Trolls franchise's heritage since before the DreamWorks acquisition. But no way to really tell whether these sets in particular is likely to be for that license or something totally different.

Edited by Aanchir

16 hours ago, Aanchir said:
On 7/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Lego David said:

What license would those things belon75546 g to?

No way to know, particularly since the names may be code names/placeholders with no relation to the actual contents of the sets.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Trolls 2 license were targeted primarily at girls, whether or not it uses traditional minifigures. After all, that was the case with much of the original Trolls film's merchandise, as well as much of the Trolls franchise's heritage since before the DreamWorks acquisition. But no way to really tell whether these sets in particular is likely to be for that license or something totally different.

Given the code names ascribed to each of the sets within this theme, I too am wondering if these are for Trolls. Apparently @dimaks13 had figured that "Pt-IP 2" (set numbers 75546 through 75551) could possibly belong to that theme, but perhaps that line in question is rather a part of the Minions theme instead. :shrug_confused:

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power? That might fit one or two of the titles (e.g. Flower = set with Perfuma and Water = set with Mermista). But, they don't all easily align with PoP characters. And I'm not sure She-Ra really has the mass market awareness for a Lego licence given that it's a Netflix series.

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power? That might fit one or two of the titles (e.g. Flower = set with Perfuma and Water = set with Mermista). But, they don't all easily align with PoP characters. And I'm not sure She-Ra really has the mass market awareness for a Lego licence given that it's a Netflix series.

Mattel property = Mega Construx

A licensed theme that utilizes minidolls might be interesting.  I would like to see minidolls progress beyond where they are currently.  I see trolls speculation.  Is there anymore evidence to support this actually being a thing?  Prerelease codenames/nicknames don't mean much.

16 hours ago, skelliesgang said:

Mattel property = Mega Construx

D'oh - my bad. I was just trying to think of female-centred "DreamWorks" properties!

14 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

A licensed theme that utilizes minidolls might be interesting. I would like to see minidolls progress beyond where they are currently. 

Such a thing wouldn't be breaking new ground though, as we've already had DC SuperHero Girls:wink:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Such a thing wouldn't be breaking new ground though, as we've already had DC SuperHero Girls:wink:

Ah yes, forgot about those.  That is a step in the right direction.  Those always seemed strange to me because there were other dc sets that were better that they seemed to be competing against.  That is probably why it was so short lived.