Kalais

[MOC] M:Tron goes castle and Blacktrons are undeads!

I have written many times here how much I love the classic series from the 90's called M:Tron. They stole my heart when I was a child. Togeter with Blacktron II series of course. I still haven't got my heart back to this day ;) From some time I was thinking about some crazy crossover. What if instead of space explorers they become knights? And they even get own castle? And let's add to this their eternal enemies - Blacktrons! Read more »

LEGO-M-Tron-Castle-01.jpg

LEGO-M-Tron-Castle-02.jpg LEGO-M-Tron-Castle-03.jpg LEGO-M-Tron-Castle-04.jpg LEGO-M-Tron-Castle-05.jpg 

Bigger photos and full story here:
LEGO Gallery - [MOC] M:Tron goes castle and Blacktrons are undeads!

WIPs, Behind the scenes and other extras at my:
Instagram | Facebook | Flickr

Nice!  Now let's put these factions alongside the Nexo Knights and see what happens!

Fun idea and looks really well! TLG actually did something quite similar in the early 80s with its classic space theme. Good stuff and certainly something bold and unusual. :classic: Sadly I can't get myself to do something like that with my own collection yet. 

@Kalais, this is awesome! :knight:

For years the LEGO Group has experimented with fusing Castle and science fiction (E.g. Knights Kingdom II and Nexo Knights) but I've never found the result appealing.

But you've done what they haven't... and that's look to their existing intellectual property for right balance of history and future.

So on to the Eurobricks frontpage your M:Tron Castle MOC goes!

Great work! As others have mentioned Nexo Knights, this really seems like a great 80s/90s feel of them.

This is amazing.  I loved my blacktron and M-tron sets.  The idea is great, I love the castle and the moat in the M-tron colors.  It's a really creative build and some great figs too.

This is just the coolest. If this were a line LEGO themselves did, I would love it. I like how you used the Disney Maleficent horn pieces on one of the skeletons. Truly an amazing combination.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:17 AM, icm said:

Nice!  Now let's put these factions alongside the Nexo Knights and see what happens!

Thx :) MTron and Blacktron would own Nexo Knights big time ;)

On 7/19/2019 at 11:58 PM, Littleworlds said:

Fun idea and looks really well! TLG actually did something quite similar in the early 80s with its classic space theme. Good stuff and certainly something bold and unusual. :classic: Sadly I can't get myself to do something like that with my own collection yet. 

Thx :) Just get some ordinary black and red bricks, few trans-neon green and you are ready to go :)

On 7/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, x105Black said:

Really creative build.  Much better at the crossover than Nexo Knights.

Good work!

Thx :)

On 7/20/2019 at 11:17 AM, Mister Phes said:

@Kalais, this is awesome! :knight:

For years the LEGO Group has experimented with fusing Castle and science fiction (E.g. Knights Kingdom II and Nexo Knights) but I've never found the result appealing.

But you've done what they haven't... and that's look to their existing intellectual property for right balance of history and future.

So on to the Eurobricks frontpage your M:Tron Castle MOC goes!

Wow, thx for the nice comment and featuring on the frontpage!

On 7/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, sander1992 said:

This is amazing! *oh2*

Great mix of Space and Castle.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:44 PM, KotZ said:

Great work! As others have mentioned Nexo Knights, this really seems like a great 80s/90s feel of them.

On 7/21/2019 at 3:09 AM, zoth33 said:

This is amazing.  I loved my blacktron and M-tron sets.  The idea is great, I love the castle and the moat in the M-tron colors.  It's a really creative build and some great figs too.

11 hours ago, legostarwars1425 said:

This is just the coolest. If this were a line LEGO themselves did, I would love it. I like how you used the Disney Maleficent horn pieces on one of the skeletons. Truly an amazing combination.

Thx. Good eye with Maleficent. I love that piece, it is awesome for fantasy builds.

5 hours ago, Kalais said:

Wow, thx for the nice comment and featuring on the frontpage!

You're very welcome!

18 hours ago, Kalais said:

Thx. Good eye with Maleficent. I love that piece, it is awesome for fantasy builds.

I've wanted to get at least a couple, as they seem to be a really useful piece. I just looked at the build again, and I have to say I love the red foliage pieces and the transparent neon color, as they go well with each other. Fantastic job!

2 hours ago, legostarwars1425 said:

I've wanted to get at least a couple, as they seem to be a really useful piece. I just looked at the build again, and I have to say I love the red foliage pieces and the transparent neon color, as they go well with each other. Fantastic job!

Yeah, I noticed that piece to late and got only 2 pieces for reasonable price (bought 2 whole Maleficents - was cheaper then buying only that part).

Thx again :)

On 8/3/2019 at 7:23 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Now that's a great idea for space castle!!
Not the nexus borring themes!
Awesome mate! :wub:

Haha, thx. Nexo was weird but it delivered some nice elements tho

On 8/7/2019 at 5:26 AM, tkbricks said:

Nice techniques and color choices!

On 8/8/2019 at 7:45 PM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Cool design. I love a mash up :thumbup: