Itaria No Shintaku

So, what are Leaf, IP-2 and Zebra?

8 minutes ago, danth said:

You're the first I've seen bring that up, which is surprising. It's the first thing I thought. And isn't DB based on Chinese Monkey King mythology?

Is this a practice run for a DB licensed theme in a few years? They did Pirates before PotC, Dwarves before LotR, Monster Fighters before Scooby Doo, right? Actually I could have some of those backwards but you get the idea. 

I disagree. There are too many sets (small as they may be) for a practice run. Also, why would they make an entire AR app for a run-off theme?

23 minutes ago, danth said:

You're the first I've seen bring that up, which is surprising. It's the first thing I thought. And isn't DB based on Chinese Monkey King mythology?

Is this a practice run for a DB licensed theme in a few years? They did Pirates before PotC, Dwarves before LotR, Monster Fighters before Scooby Doo, right? Actually I could have some of those backwards but you get the idea. 

Goku is certainly is based on Journey to the West :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_(manga)#Relation_to_Journey_to_the_West

Also this is called Monkey "Kid" and he was a kid in the first series.

He even uses a staff that can change size in the original Dragon Ball series and flies on a cloud , and he still has his tail back then as well : 

Weekly_Sh%C5%8Dnen_Jump_No._51_(Dec._198

Edited by TeriXeri

Just curious, but why are people talking about this being the Hidden Side replacement theme? HS wouldn't have been out very long by the time Leaf comes out would it, about 1.5 - 2 years?

1 hour ago, Mattah12 said:

Just curious, but why are people talking about this being the Hidden Side replacement theme? HS wouldn't have been out very long by the time Leaf comes out would it, about 1.5 - 2 years?

HS launched summer 2019 so just 12 months if Leaf launches this summer as expected.

Edited by Lucarex

12 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

HS launched summer 2019 so just 12 months if Leaf launches this summer as expected.

Surely Lego wouldn't plough money into a theme with AR tech for it to only be around for one year? Or maybe they would, is there a precedent?

So, I propose that once something concrete is found, the A&A thread can become Monkey Kid and this thread left as it is. 

Here is discussion on all three unnamed themed. In A&A the discussion is about what should become Monkey Kid.

14 hours ago, danth said:

Now that would be amazing! LEGO Ideas won’t even allow product ideas based on the Dragon Ball franchise, and only time will tell! :excited:

According to Paul Seeley over on Instagram (not certain though if he's the original source of this rumor), there'll be four additional sets from the codenamed theme "Zebra" under set numbers 31201 through 31204 all priced at around $119.99 (though that may not quite be the finalized price).

Say @Falconfan1414, I'm not sure if this has been addressed or asked about before, but are you aware if "Zebra" is exclusively a licensed "anthology" theme (given that it's housing both Marvel and Disney sets), or is it also open to sets that aren't attached to any particular IP? :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say @Falconfan1414, I'm not sure if this has been addressed or asked about before, but are you aware if "Zebra" is exclusively a licensed "anthology" theme (given that it's housing both Marvel and Disney sets), or is it also open to sets that aren't attached to any particular IP? :shrug_confused:

Considering it has both an art and music set. I say it will have both licensed and non licensed themes 

Edited by Falconfan1414

48 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Considering it has both an art and music set. I say it will have both licensed and non licensed themes 

And you're certain those two sets are not licensed? 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So is Leaf Monkey Kid or Super Mario? 

Leaf is Super Mario. Monkey Kid is something else altogether.

Leaf turned out to be Mario, so all the set size/weight/age/piece count speculation applies to that now.

20 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Monkey Kid is something else altogether.

Do we know that is still a thing or just a fake rumour that wont go away?:shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Do we know that is still a thing or just a fake rumour that wont go away?:shrug_oh_well:

The name and logo was on a trademark application filed by LEGO. We've already seen a minifig and a bigfig.

I think „Zebra“, now confirmed to be mosaics, kind off deserves its own thread, doesn‘t it?

Over in the „future CMF series“ thread,  these three motives are rumoured: Marylin Monroe (codename art?), the Beatles (codename music?) and Iron Man (codename Marvel). 

As for the 4th (Disney) I think we can pretty sure that this will either Mickey of some kind or the logo with the castle and Walt's signature.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think "Zebra", now confirmed to be mosaics, kind off deserves its own thread, doesn‘t it?

Over in the "future CMF series" thread,  these three motives are rumoured: Marylin Monroe (codename art?), the Beatles (codename music?) and Iron Man (codename Marvel). 

If so, that surprisingly doesn't sound all that novel or groundbreaking given that @Falconfan1414 said some months ago that it'll be a "game changer"... :def_shrug:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

If so, that surprisingly doesn't sound all that novel or groundbreaking given that @Falconfan1414 said some months ago that it'll be a "game changer"... :def_shrug:

Well, he said the „game-changing“ part is the new adult-specific 18+ product segment. That is a game-changer in a way since even D2C were always marketed as 16+ sets at max

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, he said the „game-changing“ part is the new adult-specific 18+ product segment. That is a game-changer in a way since even D2C were always marketed as 16+ sets at max

Oh, I see, interesting... :oh:

For now, it‘s mosaics and busts/helmets, but who knows what they could do in the 18+ range in the coming years :classic: Probably depends on the success of „Zebra“, but I can see it working well. Mosaics are quite popular with MOCers and I think it‘s no coincidence that this was one of the first product ideas in this range. They probably had enough adults asking for them in LEGO stores, which allegedly was also one of the reasons HP got resurrected :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Now the theme makes sense. The images being used are all copyrighted, so a Mosaics thread belongs in the Licensed forum.