Itaria No Shintaku

So, what are Leaf, IP-2 and Zebra?

22 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

The martial arts belt/pants also hint at Ninjago.

Sure, but judging by the set names, there seems to be a Dungeons and Dragons theme to the new sets. I don‘t think this character fits into that all that well. And didn‘t FalconFan hint at him being from „Leaf“? :purrr:

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And didn‘t FalconFan hint at him being from „Leaf“? :purrr:

There is a lot of conflicting information about it. The original leak said it was from Hidden Side, but FalconFan sais it's from Leaf. So we can't really be sure.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry for the double-post, but remember the „Snowflake“ set? Apparently it‘s set number 51515 with a price point of 425.28€ *huh*

Its also a licensed theme but I'm not positive with it due to lack of source even though its hinted somewhere on the web.

Just now, AMD said:

Its also a licensed theme but I'm not positive with it due to lack of source even though its hinted somewhere on the web.

Yeah, the code name includes „ventura“, but some people are definitely jumping to conclusions here. A 400+€ set based on Ace Ventura doesn‘t sound plausible to me :tongue: I mean, it‘s a Spanish website, and „ventura“ means luck, so it could be anything at this point

Used that same site and it has Leaf on it  :

https://www.libreriarayuela.com/es/busqueda/listaLibros.php?tipoBus=full&palabrasBusqueda=lego+leaf&boton=Buscar

14 sets  (i sorted it by price)

• 71361 4,10 € (small bag like combo nexo powers? or CMF? not a polybag set number)
  • 71370 10,95 € 
  • 71371 10,95 € 
  • 71372 10,95 € 
  • 71373 10,95 € 
  • 71363 21,72 € 
  • 71364 21,72 € 
  • 71365 32,81 € 
  • 71366 32,81 € 
  • 71367 33,30 € 
  • 71362 54,32 € 
  • 71360 66,34 € 
  • 71368 77,31 € 
  • 71369 112,06 € 
Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, the code name includes „ventura“, but some people are definitely jumping to conclusions here. A 400+€ set based on Ace Ventura doesn‘t sound plausible to me :tongue: I mean, it‘s a Spanish website, and „ventura“ means luck, so it could be anything at this point

Yeah but, snowflake is the dolphin in the film :)

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, but judging by the set names, there seems to be a Dungeons and Dragons theme to the new sets. I don‘t think this character fits into that all that well. And didn‘t FalconFan hint at him being from „Leaf“? :purrr:

I think I missed something. Where are the set names? :look:

1 hour ago, marabella said:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to set names for Ninjago's summer wave rather than Leaf's. Admittedly, I was caught off-guard by that too. :blush:

2 hours ago, AMD said:
3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry for the double-post, but remember the „Snowflake“ set? Apparently it‘s set number 51515 with a price point of 425.28€ *huh*

At that price, I would've just figured that suggests "Snowflake" is Mindstorms 4.0 as others have previously speculated; but, it's rumored to be licensed??? :wacko:

1 hour ago, marabella said:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to set names for Ninjago's summer wave rather than Leaf's. Admittedly, I was caught off-guard by that too. :blush:

My bad, I haven‘t realised that my comment could be read that way as well. I was indeed referring to the Ninjago sets :grin:

So apparently no news about LEAF, or maybye they reveal something in the upcoming 2 days? Or is the lego press conference over?

44 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Used that same site and it has Leaf on it  :

https://www.libreriarayuela.com/es/busqueda/listaLibros.php?tipoBus=full&palabrasBusqueda=lego+leaf&boton=Buscar

14 sets  (i sorted it by price)

• 71361 4,10 € (small bag like combo nexo powers? or CMF? not a polybag set number)
  • 71370 10,95 € 
  • 71371 10,95 € 
  • 71372 10,95 € 
  • 71373 10,95 € 
  • 71363 21,72 € 
  • 71364 21,72 € 
  • 71365 32,81 € 
  • 71366 32,81 € 
  • 71367 33,30 € 
  • 71362 54,32 € 
  • 71360 66,34 € 
  • 71368 77,31 € 
  • 71369 112,06 € 

I'm glad so many of Leaf's sets are affordable! By now, I'm convinced it will probably replace Hidden Side as some sort of "big bang" theme.

2 hours ago, marabella said:

So apparently no news about LEAF, or maybe they reveal something in the upcoming 2 days? Or is the lego press conference over?

I'm afraid that's all we can expect from Nuremberg, and the New York Toy Fair won't be taking place until nearer the end of February... :sceptic:

Granted, we were lucky last year to even have an unofficial sneak-peek glimpse at Hidden Side, and that theme wasn't officially revealed until NYTF took place.

1 hour ago, Legoanonymous said:

By now, I'm convinced it will probably replace Hidden Side as some sort of "big bang" theme.

Hmmm, even if Hidden Side won't live past 2020, I don't think "Leaf" necessarily is a replacement for such in any way. 

An instagram user claims that Leaf is an AR based theme named Monkie Kid, and that the blue big fig is named Wujing.

The leaker only has 2 posts, but one of them is the title card for Monkie Kid. Are they trustworthy? Are they lying? Idk.

4 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

An instagram user claims that Leaf is an AR based theme named Monkie Kid, and that the blue big fig is named Wujing.

The leaker only has 2 posts, but one of them is the title card for Monkie Kid. Are they trustworthy? Are they lying? Idk.

Someone on 4Chan did discover a trademark application for the "Monkey Kid" name along with an accompanying logo filed by TLG...

Justia Trademarks - MONKEY KID Trademark Details

image.php?serial=88739879

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Someone on 4Chan did discover a trademark application for the "Monkey Kid" name along with an accompanying logo filed by TLG...

That has such a DragonBall vibe to it, with the font and colors, also the yellow cloud.

Edited by TeriXeri

45 minutes ago, Mattah12 said:

Could Leaf just be a wave of sets made from plant-derived plastics?

It's just a codename, as Hidden Side's preliminary codename was Banana. :wink:

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's just a codename, as Hidden Side's preliminary codename was Banana. :wink:

Figured I was reading too much into it *shrugs*

Now what we know what this LEAF theme is about, I think this thread should be merged with the other one and go to the Adventure forum

Based solely on the title and logo, "Monkey Kid" reminds me a lot of the TV series "Monkey" aka "Monkey Magic". It will be interesting to see what it includes.

8 hours ago, Terrasher said:

The trademark and the series 19 Monkey King do support this being the Leaf theme. I personally thought Leaf was some alien Viking theme. Now, Lego has given us another anime- inspired lineup of sets. The fact that such a similar line to Ninjago is replacing Hidden Side is disappointing to say the least. Hopefully, we will recieve more playsets!

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That has such a DragonBall vibe to it, with the font and colors, also the yellow cloud.

You're the first I've seen bring that up, which is surprising. It's the first thing I thought. And isn't DB based on Chinese Monkey King mythology?

Is this a practice run for a DB licensed theme in a few years? They did Pirates before PotC, Dwarves before LotR, Monster Fighters before Scooby Doo, right? Actually I could have some of those backwards but you get the idea. 

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Now what we know what this LEAF theme is about, I think this thread should be merged with the other one and go to the Adventure forum

I second this, because even though some degree of discussion about "IP-2" and "Zebra" has taken place here, the majority of it has been focused on Leaf. 

What do you think @Peppermint_M? Should we wait until official confirmation and certainty that "Monkey Kid" is indeed Leaf? :shrug_confused: