Itaria No Shintaku

So, what are Leaf, IP-2 and Zebra?

7 hours ago, Stardown said:

Either that or Boost.

Boost is too recent while last Mindstorms was long ago. Besides, age rating for 51515 is 10+.

It will have been seven years since since the release of Mindstorms EV3, which in turn was released seven years after Mindstorms NXT. I'm beginning to see a pattern...

17 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Thanks, but I would remind the new member that we don't directly link Lego leaks on this site.

Well, technically they're just set number leaks rather than image-based leaks. After all, those get copy-and-pasted right onto topic replies here anyway.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:25 AM, Leewan said:

And I, for one, won't believe there's a new Constraction theme coming next year until I see official pictures of it.

Well, if it were though, what aesthetic and/or premise-based direction could you see such a theme taking (that is, if it weren't Bionicle G3)? :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

If a constraction theme turns out to be Bionicle G3 then I’m sorta hoping we get entirely new characters rather then the original 6 toa remade again 

5 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

If a constraction theme turns out to be Bionicle G3 then I’m sorta hoping we get entirely new characters rather then the original 6 toa remade again 

I’d personally rather see updated remakes of classic G1 Bionicle sets. I’d call them “Bionicle Classics”!

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, if it were though, what aesthetic and/or premise-based direction could you see such a theme taking (that is, if it weren't Bionicle G3)? :classic:

I must have mentioned it already in the Action Figure subforum, but I'd love to see something similar to Code Lyoko. There would be a team of four or six teens (two / three boys and two / three girls) who would go into a virtual world and fight monsters. It could simply be for a game, or to fight an evil entity (or perhaps both, like the IA that controls the ennemies in a MMORPG went mad and threatens the whole internet). There would be a set for the virtual version of each character (and perhaps a minifig of their real-life selves ?), sets for various-sized monsters, and the sets could work with an app like Hidden Side so the heroes would actually fight in the virtual world.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Leewan said:

I must have mentioned it already in the Action Figure subforum, but I'd love to see something similar to Code Lyoko. There would be a team of four or six teens (two / three boys and two / three girls) who would go into a virtual world and fight monsters. It could simply be for a game, or to fight an evil entity (or perhaps both, like the IA that controls the ennemies in a MMORPG went mad and threatens the whole internet). There would be a set for the virtual version of each character (and perhaps a minifig of their real-life selves ?), sets for various-sized monsters, and the sets could work with an app like Hidden Side so the heroes would actually fight in the virtual world.

Huh, kinda reminds me of this constraction theme rumor from a couple of years ago...

On 10/4/2017 at 2:49 AM, TheGreatSpirit said:

So I encountered this on 4chan's /toy/:

Idk if this is true or not but I saw this on /lg/:

"I'm not going in any details but I got to see some of the 2018 summer sets from the 2018 2HY catalog.
So,here are the most important things:
-No Nexo Knights summer wave which confirms the winter wave to be the last one.
>We do get Unikity sets. There are around 7-8 sets.
What I remember I saw are a bike for the dog character,a big playset castle and some other small scenery playsets. 
>New CCBS theme! The new line is similar in its aesthetic with Bionicle and Hero Factory. It's said to have a cartoon and app with scannable pieces. The theme is set in a computer world and we get 4 small robots "good guys" and 4 robots "bad guys". We also get a bike,two big figures TOA size "hero and "villain" and a Titan size monster. They use a lot of new technic pieces and masks. We also have a new launcher.
This is all I got to see. Two new themes and the confirmation of the Nexo Knights ending. I heard there are also some Harry Potter and Fantastix Beasts sets in it. I can't take any pictures and even if I would be able I wouldn't do that to put in danger someones job. Goodbye and I hope you have a good day."

If this is true then it's awesome. We should hear more in the next months and we'll find out if all of this is real.

Considering the, uh, """source""", this should be taken very, VERY lightly. Truth be told, I don't believe it myself, but this board has been essentially dead for the past few months, so really what's the harm in discussing this?

On a somewhat related side-note, Ninjago's non-Legacy wave of sets for next year appear to be following in a similar direction premise-wise, with sort of a "Into-the-DigiVerse" Cyberpunk/Pixel-Punk kinda theme. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:40 PM, Leewan said:

A set coming with a character and their minifig version sounds intriguing but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if that’s the path Lego chooses to go down, especially after hidden side. I just hope that the figures can still stand as their own figures without the universe. 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, kinda reminds me of this constraction theme rumor from a couple of years ago...

On a somewhat related side-note, Ninjago's non-Legacy wave of sets for next year appear to be following in a similar direction premise-wise, with sort of a "Into-the-DigiVerse" Cyberpunk/Pixel-Punk kinda theme. 

Come to think of it, conastraction figures in a cyberpunk setting would be amazing; I hope we can see it taking this direction :classic:

4 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Come to think of it, conastraction figures in a cyberpunk setting would be amazing; I hope we can see it taking this direction :classic:

The kinda "Punk" that would really get me into constraction personally would be either Decopunk or Teslapunk (exampled below); though Cyberpunk with a sorta Tron Legacy vibe could likely sway me depending how it'd be executed... :shrug_oh_well:

gladius_electro_500_by_mikedoscher_d9ygj8g-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjgzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGNiYjFhNjMtMzFhMS00MmFiLWEwY2QtYzc3MDY1MDM4MTU1XC9kOXlnajhnLWUzYWUyMWU5LWE2MWEtNGRiMy05YmE5LTVjYWNjOGExYWVkZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.gV3U5FLAtPv2NVuw2iq6N7FJKcbK59o9L4LEpyr48Ws

darran-hurlbut-combatent3-03.jpg?1520615692

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

According to https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-creator-expert-2020

There is no IP2 but there is Trolls and since this is the second Trolls film, I think I’m right in saying IP2 is Trolls.

Hmmm, I'm thinking IP2 is actually Minions, as @StoneWarsDE purports that Trolls go by the set numbers 75546 through 75551.

Regarding next year's enigmatic "Leaf" theme and whatever it may be, perhaps all could be revealed at October's New York Comic Con, much like how Bionicle 2.0 and Nexo Knights were officially announced there back in 2014 and 2015 respectively? :shrug_confused:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Regarding next year's enigmatic "Leaf" theme and whatever it may be, perhaps all could be revealed at October's New York Comic Con, much like how Bionicle 2.0 and Nexo Knights were officially announced there back in 2014 and 2015 respectively? :shrug_confused:

One can hope for such a reveal. I would like to see higher quantity of marketing from Lego.

It can’t be IP-2. So either Zebra or Leaf or you know something completely different. This people with lion heads makes me think it’s a reference to Fabuland. This is most likely an announcement for LegoLand from the looks of it.

I feel sorry for the person that had to make that giant bow & arrow out of XPS/model foam. That’s stuff is tedious to use! 

(I should mention I’m assuming it’s XPS, it makes logical sense though).

@StoneWarsDE just had an article that linked the teaser from yesterday to set 40432 on bricksets database. The theme is called "rebuild the world". Also, a new teaser with a 24h countdown and a rabbit appeared today on Lego's social media, so we won"t have to wait long for answers.

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-rebuild-the-world-teaser/

https://brickset.com/sets/40432-1/Rebuild-the-World-minifigure

55 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

@StoneWarsDE just had an article that linked the teaser from yesterday to set 40432 on bricksets database. The theme is called "rebuild the world". Also, a new teaser with a 24h countdown and a rabbit appeared today on Lego's social media, so we won"t have to wait long for answers.

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-rebuild-the-world-teaser/

https://brickset.com/sets/40432-1/Rebuild-the-World-minifigure

Huh, this kinda lines-up with @just2good's theory on the teaser...

I'm not very inspired by the figure on Brickset with the rabbit head but curious just the same. I'm kind worried that this is some type mix of Cloud Kookoo land and Fortnite, I did like Cloud KooKoo land, but I don't need a rehash of that. I also tend to think of 'high concepts' like puns. There is always some idiot who who thinks they are being clever when all they are doing is exposing their lack of real creativity by doing painfully obvious mash-ups.

17 hours ago, Gomek said:

I'm not very inspired by the figure on Brickset with the rabbit head but curious just the same. I'm kind worried that this is some type mix of Cloud Kookoo land and Fortnite, I did like Cloud KooKoo land, but I don't need a rehash of that. I also tend to think of 'high concepts' like puns. There is always some idiot who who thinks they are being clever when all they are doing is exposing their lack of real creativity by doing painfully obvious mash-ups.

Looks like it's neither a playtheme nor an AR game after all...

The Brick Fan - LEGO Announces Rebuild The World Campaign

Spoiler

THE LEGO GROUP WITH MARK RONSON INSPIRE KIDS TO REBUILD THE WORLD

[Billund, 17 September 2019]: Today, the LEGO Group and musician Mark Ronson launch Rebuild The World, a campaign to help nurture the creative skills of the next generation.

Over 100 children will meet Mark and other inspiring figures, such as 19-year-old David Aguilar, who built several prosthetic arms from LEGO® elements, at the LEGO House, Billund, to explore the infinite potential of creativity. Their imaginations will also be fired up in a series of workshops, where they’ll be challenged to rebuild the world they see around them.

“My whole career has been about working with brilliant, creative people and seeing where our imaginations take us. Rebuild The World, is a wonderful opportunity to help inspire the next generation of creators who will come up with their own ideas to shape the future of everything from the way we live to the music we listen to,” explains Mark Ronson.

The LEGO Group believes that every child is born with incredible creative problem-solving capabilities, but we need to act now to nurture that creativity so that it can become a lifelong skill, as the future depends on it.

Inspiring creativity is more critical and urgent than ever. The World Economic Forum Future of Jobs Report places creative problem solving in the top three skills the job market will require from 2020. Imaginative play helps children learn how to innovate, problem solve and think critically throughout their lives.

Mark Ronson will also be joined by representatives from other creative fields to discuss why it’s more important than ever to help nurture creativity as a key skill so that the builders of tomorrow can succeed in an ever-changing world.

Julia Goldin, Chief Marketing Officer, The LEGO Group, said: “Rebuild The World is all about seeing where imagination takes us and celebrating the natural creativity of children. We want to encourage kids around the world to develop and retain these skills as they grow older. With this campaign, we want to inspire people of all ages to play and unleash their creativity to create a world of infinite possibilities.”

Meanwhile, British designer and inventor Dominic Wilcox will lead a series of Rebuilder Workshops on the 17th September. He, along with two other creatives, will challenge kids to reimagine iconic landmarks, invent new gadgets and solve everyday problems – all with LEGO bricks. Other LEGO professionals will lend a hand, helping the kids bring their incredible ideas to life.

Who knows what will come out of today… a house with a hot air balloon for a roof? A car with long legs to jump over the traffic ahead? No one sees the world quite like children so we’re excited to see what they come up with,” says Dominic Wilcox.

Kids around the world can also take part by sharing their creations on the LEGO Life app or by visiting www.lego.com/rebuild-the-world-challenge

The LEGO system has long been the ultimate platform for creative expression and creative problem solving. Children don’t just imagine what to build, they can build and rebuild. Experiment. Fail. Break the rules. Fail and Try again… This is the cycle of human creativity and the essence of the LEGO System in Play.

Now, we’re going even further. Through Rebuild The World, we want to inspire children to unleash their creativity, join the Rebuild The World challenge and rebuild a world of endless possibilities for real. Learn more by visiting www.lego.com/rebuild-the-world

Created by the LEGO Group’s internal agency with BETC Paris, the Rebuild the World campaign is the most ambitious global brand campaign ever. Directed by the multi award-winning Traktor collective, the adventure follows the chase between a clever rabbit and an unlucky hunter and unfolds in the kind of world that only LEGO play could create. Every character, animal and vehicle is based on an existing or past LEGO toy, so heads spin 360 degrees, everyday objects are outsized, and a boat can suddenly fly with a little help from a palm tree.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks like it's neither a playtheme nor an AR game after all...

The Brick Fan - LEGO Announces Rebuild The World Campaign

Reveal hidden contents

THE LEGO GROUP WITH MARK RONSON INSPIRE KIDS TO REBUILD THE WORLD

[Billund, 17 September 2019]: Today, the LEGO Group and musician Mark Ronson launch Rebuild The World, a campaign to help nurture the creative skills of the next generation.

Over 100 children will meet Mark and other inspiring figures, such as 19-year-old David Aguilar, who built several prosthetic arms from LEGO® elements, at the LEGO House, Billund, to explore the infinite potential of creativity. Their imaginations will also be fired up in a series of workshops, where they’ll be challenged to rebuild the world they see around them.

“My whole career has been about working with brilliant, creative people and seeing where our imaginations take us. Rebuild The World, is a wonderful opportunity to help inspire the next generation of creators who will come up with their own ideas to shape the future of everything from the way we live to the music we listen to,” explains Mark Ronson.

The LEGO Group believes that every child is born with incredible creative problem-solving capabilities, but we need to act now to nurture that creativity so that it can become a lifelong skill, as the future depends on it.

Inspiring creativity is more critical and urgent than ever. The World Economic Forum Future of Jobs Report places creative problem solving in the top three skills the job market will require from 2020. Imaginative play helps children learn how to innovate, problem solve and think critically throughout their lives.

Mark Ronson will also be joined by representatives from other creative fields to discuss why it’s more important than ever to help nurture creativity as a key skill so that the builders of tomorrow can succeed in an ever-changing world.

Julia Goldin, Chief Marketing Officer, The LEGO Group, said: “Rebuild The World is all about seeing where imagination takes us and celebrating the natural creativity of children. We want to encourage kids around the world to develop and retain these skills as they grow older. With this campaign, we want to inspire people of all ages to play and unleash their creativity to create a world of infinite possibilities.”

Meanwhile, British designer and inventor Dominic Wilcox will lead a series of Rebuilder Workshops on the 17th September. He, along with two other creatives, will challenge kids to reimagine iconic landmarks, invent new gadgets and solve everyday problems – all with LEGO bricks. Other LEGO professionals will lend a hand, helping the kids bring their incredible ideas to life.

Who knows what will come out of today… a house with a hot air balloon for a roof? A car with long legs to jump over the traffic ahead? No one sees the world quite like children so we’re excited to see what they come up with,” says Dominic Wilcox.

Kids around the world can also take part by sharing their creations on the LEGO Life app or by visiting www.lego.com/rebuild-the-world-challenge

The LEGO system has long been the ultimate platform for creative expression and creative problem solving. Children don’t just imagine what to build, they can build and rebuild. Experiment. Fail. Break the rules. Fail and Try again… This is the cycle of human creativity and the essence of the LEGO System in Play.

Now, we’re going even further. Through Rebuild The World, we want to inspire children to unleash their creativity, join the Rebuild The World challenge and rebuild a world of endless possibilities for real. Learn more by visiting www.lego.com/rebuild-the-world

Created by the LEGO Group’s internal agency with BETC Paris, the Rebuild the World campaign is the most ambitious global brand campaign ever. Directed by the multi award-winning Traktor collective, the adventure follows the chase between a clever rabbit and an unlucky hunter and unfolds in the kind of world that only LEGO play could create. Every character, animal and vehicle is based on an existing or past LEGO toy, so heads spin 360 degrees, everyday objects are outsized, and a boat can suddenly fly with a little help from a palm tree.

yeah, and it's left me very confused. So it's a campaign with possibly one (promotional?) set.maybe?

I guess it's better that then some weird theme inspired by 6 year olds.

Essentially it looks like Elmer Fudd chasing around a generic CGI bunny. The theme of the commercial seems to be 'Lego inspires creativity' which hardly seems novel. I actually saw this commercial on ABC this mourning (one of the major networks here in the US) so there seems to be a bit of a budget behind it. I don't think I'm going to be the only one left scratching my head.

Considering I'm not excited by either Trolls or Minions, it would be nice to have something else to look forward to.