Itaria No Shintaku

So, what are Leaf, IP-2 and Zebra?

"Zebra" was first mentioned here ... but still a bit unclear what it is.

38 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Did I miss something?

Well, @TeriXeri had speculated elsewhere that "Leaf" could be a new in-house constraction playtheme (ya know, Bionicle and Hero Factory), which may slightly make some sense given how many sets are coming from it (fourteen to be exact, being set numbers 71360 through 71373). As for "IP-2" on the other hand, @dimaks13 figures that may likely be the DreamWorks Trolls theme. 

Then there's "Zebra" (a code name most likely), described as an "adult-oriented theme" by dimaks13:

• 31197 [Zebra Art]
  • 31198 [Zebra Music]
  • 31199 [Zebra Marvel]
  • 31200 [Zebra Disney]

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that one either. :wacko: :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, @TeriXeri had speculated elsewhere that "Leaf" could be a new in-house constraction playtheme (ya know, Bionicle and Hero Factory), which may slightly make some sense given how many sets are coming from it (fourteen to be exact, being set numbers 71360 through 71373). As for "IP-2" on the other hand, @dimaks13 figures that may likely be the DreamWorks Trolls theme. 

Indeed.

My speculation for Leaf 71360 - 71373 was about numbers in the 713xx range, which the last official theme wave was Bionicle 2016, which used numbers 71300-71316.

However some Dimensions sets appeared in 2016-2017 , which used 71340-71349.

Nexo Knights made a big skip with it's 2018 wave, jumping from the 703xx range to 72001-72006.

Of course this could mean nothing, as theme numbers have jumped all over the place at times (for example in the 704xx range, we get 2013 Castle, followed by 2015 Pirates, followed by 2019 Hidden Side)

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Category:70000_sets has a decent overview with most sets ordered by number. 

The important thing to keep in mind is that the codenames probably mean nothing whatsoever. The whole point of them being codenames is to obscure what they actually represent. Hidden Side's codename was "Banana", after all, which had very little to do with the theme on any non-abstract level. So no use in assuming that these themes have to do with zebras or leaves or whatever. The set numbers, number of sets, and the specific licensed IPs called out in the rumored Zebra set names are more reliable hints.

Could "Zebra" just be a code name for D2C sets? Although, the reference to "art" and "music" indicates some kind of expansion of Lego Forma (e.g. "art" might be a Lego vase or mosaic artwork and "music" might be some kind of playable ... Lego keyboard or ... xylophone maybe).

Zebra wouldn't just be a codename for D2C sets in general; there must be some unifying element to them. They're probably unrelated to Forma, since Forma's development codename was "Vector," but might share a common thread in being an adult-oriented theme with a unique building style that could be adapted to a range of subject matter. Mosaics, busts, buildable instruments/prop replicas - all seem like they could fit the bill. I'm pretty confident in saying that a theme that could cover art, music, and character-based IPs like Marvel is all but guaranteed to be of interest to me!

On 7/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, TeriXeri said:

Indeed.

My speculation for Leaf 71360 - 71373 was about numbers in the 713xx range, which the last official theme wave was Bionicle 2016, which used numbers 71300-71316.

However some Dimensions sets appeared in 2016-2017 , which used 71340-71349.

Nexo Knights made a big skip with it's 2018 wave, jumping from the 703xx range to 72001-72006.

Of course this could mean nothing, as theme numbers have jumped all over the place at times (for example in the 704xx range, we get 2013 Castle, followed by 2015 Pirates, followed by 2019 Hidden Side)

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Category:70000_sets has a decent overview with most sets ordered by number. 

Huh, with a fourteen set output upon launch, this could be just another attempt at Ninjago 2.0 following in the footsteps of Legends of Chima and Nexo Knights' path (that is to say, another System-based, media-driven "big bang" playtheme). :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, with a fourteen set output upon launch, this could be just another attempt at Ninjago 2.0 following in the footsteps of Legends of Chima and Nexo Knights' path (that is to say, another System-based, media-driven "big bang" playtheme). :shrug_confused:

Fourteen sets in a wave is also not at all atypical for a constraction theme—Bionicle in particular frequently had waves of six small sets, six mid-sized ("canister") sets, and a few mid-to-large sets. The numbering could certainly hint at a constraction theme.

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Fourteen sets in a wave is also not at all atypical for a constraction theme—Bionicle in particular frequently had waves of six small sets, six mid-sized ("canister") sets, and a few mid-to-large sets. The numbering could certainly hint at a constraction theme.

That is what I'm strongly leaning towards as the most likely possibility; but, as @TeriXeri had last pointed out, these set number ranges haven't been strictly designated to only overlapping product lines, so the fact that there's a slight chance of something else besides a potential constraction line tantalizes me... :shrug_oh_well:

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That is what I'm strongly leaning towards as the most likely possibility; but, as @TeriXeri had last pointed out, these set number ranges haven't been strictly designated to only overlapping product lines, so the fact that there's a slight chance of something else besides a potential constraction line tantalizes me... :shrug_oh_well:

I hope it isn’t constraction.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

I hope it isn’t constraction.

Well, if it is, perhaps it'll be a System-based constraction theme! :shrug_oh_well:

After the recent Christian Faber tease case, which is pretty huge in the Bionicle community, I'm starting to seriously consider (and hope for) "Leaf" being a Bionicle G3.                                        Many speculated it could be a system heavy theme instaead of constraction.

If interested please check out TTV's videos on this matter:

For speculation's sake, if this "Leaf" theme is instead a System-based "big-bang" playtheme rather than a constraction line, what previously-existing themes/genres could it possibly take after? Much like how Ninjago took after the Ninja subtheme of the late '90s and Nexo Knights somewhat fused Castle with Space, what form could the next "big-bang" theme take, whether or not this upcoming "Leaf" theme is such? 

For speculation's sake, if this "Leaf" theme is instead a System-based "big-bang" playtheme rather than a constraction line, what previously-existing themes/genres could it possibly take after? Much like how Ninjago took after the Ninja subtheme of the late '90s and Nexo Knights somewhat fused Castle with Space, what form could the next "big-bang" theme take, whether or not this upcoming "Leaf" theme is such? 

If I think of traditional themes that aren't running right now, it'd be some pirates minifig sets, or historic castle. 

Even if the codename Leaf might mean absolutely nothing, Forestmen (1987), and Pirates (1989) got the first LEGO Leaf pieces.

A reboot of some in-house forestmen/robin hood style theme doesn't sound too crazy, with the new stag mold, and even Nexo Knights had some references to Forestmen.

nex107.png

People might even be tempted to buy the Tree House Ideas set to use it as a Forestmen base.

Elves also ended as far as fantasy-forest theme goes.

Edited by TeriXeri

Pirate power rock raiders.

Rock raiders vehicles with cannons and bores, good guy miners vs rock monsters vs bad guy raiders. Stone/crystal peglegs galore. Maybe set in space for good measure so we can have spaceships with sails.

Or Paradiso meets Bionicle. Less fighting over masks and more skincare and beach time. In a pastel Palette with lots of cmf flamingos. With constraction mechas. On the beach. Playing volleyball.

This is good lacquer. *Sniff*

For speculation's sake, if this "Leaf" theme is instead a System-based "big-bang" playtheme rather than a constraction line, what previously-existing themes/genres could it possibly take after? 

15 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

If I think of traditional themes that aren't running right now, it'd be some pirates minifig sets, or historic castle.

Don't forget LEGO's Adventurers! :wink: I mean, the closest thing to that right now is maybe the Jurassic World theme, though I do hope that really isn't an inhibition to such like LEGO Star Wars is to further in-house Space themes currently.

14 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

Pirate power rock raiders.

Rock raiders vehicles with cannons and bores, good guy miners vs rock monsters vs bad guy raiders.

Well, I'd gladly settle for a Steampunk/Vernian successor to both the Rock Raiders and Power Miners themes myself... :purrr:

There is the possibility that this could be a minidolls theme to replace Elves. I have postulated on the Future Pirates Speculation thread that the next Pirates theme might be minidolls.

Thought it relevant to put this here. Admittedly, I only really wanted to bring this up here so that, should it, in the off-chance, turn out to be true, the world should know what was considered before the theme was greenlit, and what we would be missing.

EAVMB0NXUAI5Jar?format=jpg&name=medium

Image is a bit big...

It should be said that, the supposed "Clikits-like" theme has been discussed around here on Eurobricks at some point or another (called "DOTS"). This could give more credence to this info, but it could also help make it look more legit, if it is, indeed, a fabrication.

I should also mention that there are 14 sets leaked with the codename "Leaf" so far. By the look of the leaks that happened along side it, I'd wager that they would, indeed, be a 1HY launch, with more to come in the future, if at least 4 more sets in 2HY.

And, regarding the source of the image, I got this from a mutual who, unfortunately, is not aware of the source of this info, either. To reiterate, it could be bogus for all we know, but worth mentioning in the event of it being true.

29 minutes ago, PenPlays said:

Thought it relevant to put this here. Admittedly, I only really wanted to bring this up here so that, should it, in the off-chance, turn out to be true, the world should know what was considered before the theme was greenlit, and what we would be missing.

Image is a bit big...

It should be said that, the supposed "Clikits-like" theme has been discussed around here on Eurobricks at some point or another (called "DOTS"). This could give more credence to this info, but it could also help make it look more legit, if it is, indeed, a fabrication.

I should also mention that there are 14 sets leaked with the codename "Leaf" so far. By the look of the leaks that happened along side it, I'd wager that they would, indeed, be a 1HY launch, with more to come in the future, if at least 4 more sets in 2HY.

And, regarding the source of the image, I got this from a mutual who, unfortunately, is not aware of the source of this info, either. To reiterate, it could be bogus for all we know, but worth mentioning in the event of it being true.

Really, really hoping for another constraction theme in any way, shape, or form. Since Star Wars CCBS was discontinued I've been sorely missing constraction from LEGO's lineup as a whole (Bionicle is what really got me into Lego in the first place) and with Faber teasing Bionicle G3, this seems like a good time to launch a new lineup. I'm only hoping that if this rumor ends up being true and it's NOT a Bionicle reboot but something different, there won't be too much backlash with all the Bionicle teasing. All I want is for constraction to sell well in general, no matter what form it takes.

3 hours ago, Kaanere said:

What happened to the Lego DOTS theme? Could it have abything to do with these?

According to @dimaks13, those are supposed to belong to set numbers 41900 through 41919.

1 hour ago, PenPlays said:

Huh, those mentions of Exo-Force and Classic Space reboots as considered options are rather intriguing; but, what's that AF in "Classic Space AF Theme" supposed to stand for?