@HarkonenAs for 2021 wish lists, based on seeing these leaks, I’m back to my original thinking in that the theme is now done IMO.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about it. Sales might have changed things late in the game 

Well if wave 2 sold poorly, then by the looks of it, wave 3 isn’t going to reverse that trend!

Wave 1 High School was great for the transformative features alone, likewise the Shrimp Shack and Fishing Trawler, and from Wave 2 the Lighthouse and Portal were decent. But everything else has been subpar if I’m honest.

Edited by Lucarex

Wow that submarine set is... pretty terrible IMO. Which is a shame cause i was really looking forward to it.

Really nothing about the landscape build makes me think underwater, submarine isnt anything special (and i really hate the face on it), and the shark is a huge missed opportunity to not make the mold available in something like spring green. Only good part of the set is that sweet wetsuit but I can just bricklink that.

At least theres still the castle to look forward to

7 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Wow that submarine set is... pretty terrible IMO. Which is a shame cause i was really looking forward to it.

Really nothing about the landscape build makes me think underwater, submarine isnt anything special (and i really hate the face on it), and the shark is a huge missed opportunity to not make the mold available in something like spring green. Only good part of the set is that sweet wetsuit but I can just bricklink that.

At least theres still the castle to look forward to

Haha, I have murderous thoughts seeing that “face”. Hopefully for those buying the set, it’ll just be stickers.

When that shark leaked a few weeks back (alongside the new City hammerhead and great white sharks) I think we’ll felt that - a simple recolour in spring green (like the tan crocodile we got in wave 1) would have made all the difference. Cost-cutting on a soon-to-be mothballed theme, is the only conclusion. Even the creepy glow in dark anglerfish has now been revealed to be a City animal not HS. 

And the wetsuited Parker (with headphones???) isn’t anything special we haven’t seen before, very generic. The possessed diver from the Lighthouse is a much better fig IMO.

Edited by Lucarex

28 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Meh I don’t see it. A fire truck of sorts with a brick-built evil black figure? Can’t see it being a massive seller at the likely 59.99 price point 

Well at least this ends the matter of your “source” when you first joined.

Yeah... No more comment with that. I cut all I had with him. 

Anyway, I hope the line does well... 

If this is how Hidden Side ends... I hope it gets some closure with the episodes. 

Ow :-( this is not what i expected at all. Disappointed with the leaks. The slender man is looking good though. His head is brickbuild it seems to make it bigger and it works really great. I only fear for its playability as i foresee instability. The robot sidekick is also really good imho. The firetruck build looks good, but i am not really into vehicles. 
The submarine is weird and doesnt look like it’s under water. Why didn’t they use the fairly new waterplant pieces for this? Plus i don’t see what that ghost is doing there under water?

what happened with some of the ghosts btw? Ninja creatures with wings? I have to see clearer pics to judge, but i fear i don’t like them. 
The prison is more for Jurassic Park. They should have given us an undead raptor with it.
Not interested in these sets at all. 

I do not think that the castle will be good either, but we’ll see

It's interesting that the knight and grey statue leaked figures come in the other sets and not the castle. Which means except for the (kind of bad) white ghost we haven't seen any figure leaks for the castle yet. Although the knight could also come as a repeat in the castle

These sets are pretty meh imo, here are my individual thoughts.

Submarine: the figures in this set are good but I'm really not getting an underwater vibe from this set. The terrain build looks like it's just land and the submarine looks like it's about to murder someone. Also, if Parker is wearing a wetsuit why does she still have headphones on? Shark is disappointing. Kinda meh set which I'll probably skip.

Firetruck: I'm not a big fan of oversized vehicles so the truck itself doesn't do much for me. The Slenderman thing looks cool though and the figures are decent, maybe I'll get it on discount but it's most likely going to be a skip.

Prison: the build is honestly a pleasant suprise but it doesn't really feel like a Hidden Side set tbh. Figures aren't great so yet another skip for me. 

Vaughn's Car: like I said I'm not a big fan of oversized vehicles so this set is..... another skip.

Honestly this is the most disappointing HS wave so far, my expectations for the castle are really low now....

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The terrain is cute and will make a nice addition to my ‘ghost world’ diorama (which I’ve been building out of the Hidden Side Portal, some side builds, and Xtra ocean baseplates if anyone’s interested)

I would love to see that

Yea the submarine is rather terrible builtwise but minifigurewise it's great.I mean we have Vaughn in cheap set,Parker finally has a new outfit and there is even that statue.

Hopefully the pics for the castle drop soon.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly this is the most disappointing HS wave so far, my expectations for the castle are really low now....

I would love to see that

I mean right now my ‘ghost world’ is three blue cardboard Xtra baseplates (I bought two packs of two and used one on my city's waterfront) with the Portal in the corner, a floating chunk of custom-built sidewalk, Molten Man from FFH as a ‘giant fire ghost’ (I got the set for the Spidey variant and didn’t know what else to do with Molten Man) and a bunch of assorted minifigures who work as ghosts. Including but not limited to the 2015 Ninjago ghosts (some of which I’ve given Hidden Side accessories for variety), the actual Hidden Side ghosts (including ghost Jack), the ‘skeleton demon ghost’ from the 2016 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (I missed the 1980s Ghostbusters sets), Hydroman from FFH and Sushimi from the recent Ninjago line with his ‘possessed sushi rolls’. 

I’m really sort of counting on the upcoming Castle to be big and good and tie it all together. If it turns out to be as bad as the rest of this wave’s sets, then I’ll probably just scrap the whole idea and use the shelf space for something else. 

I'm so disappointed with the new sets. Was expecting more of the physical red, blue and yellow ghosts, instead we get new black creatures. It seems there are no new faces, barely any new outfit, no hair with goggles on for JB, no Lady E minifig (unless she comes in the castle, which people have said she doesn't). The good thing is it seems the phones have new prints. Sadly, that's all I can think of. I'll probably get the Race Car (which would've been better if it included Lady E), maybe the submarine, but the prison, while looking better than I expected, is a huge disappointment. I have no words for the Fire Truck, I'll need to see better pics to make up my mind about it

I don't really see this wave being successful. Unless they already have a 4th wave planned, I guess that was it for Hidden Side. Those sets clearly had a much lower budget than the first two waves, which indicates that the line is due to wrap up soon. 

I really hope the Castle turns out to be the redeeming quality of this wave.

Nothing really must-have here yet.

Castle can still change that, as that's the main thing I was hoping for.

Ninjago Skull Dungeon & Journey to the Dungeons don't disappoint , so this Castle has a high bar to fill.

57 minutes ago, Lego David said:

I don't really see this wave being successful. Unless they already have a 4th wave planned, I guess that was it for Hidden Side. Those sets clearly had a much lower budget than the first two waves, which indicates that the line is due to wrap up soon. 

I really hope the Castle turns out to be the redeeming quality of this wave.

Maybe it's a case like Nexo Knights and we get one more final wave? I still hope they atleast have a conclusion, I hate the fact that Nexo Knights didn't have a conclusion at all. 

48 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Maybe it's a case like Nexo Knights and we get one more final wave? I still hope they atleast have a conclusion, I hate the fact that Nexo Knights didn't have a conclusion at all. 

I mentioned earlier this had NK vibes, but not in the sense you’re suggesting. THIS wave 3 of HS is that terrible half-baked part-cancelled “vampire tech byter” wave 4 that made no sense which Lego just dialled in. Talking of which, we haven’t seen the Castle leaked alongside the other sets. Sure it’s only been 24hrs but still, it wouldn’t be unheard of for the flagship set of a last wave to get axed.

Let’s face it, Castle or not, HS is finished judging by these other sets, significant parts of which look like they were worked on by interns not lead designers. Then there is the JB’s Guide to Ghost Hunting book that was available to preorder on Amazon, which now looks like it has been cancelled and the next (final?) issue of the magazine due this week (according to the last issue in March) has been postponed for a further 2 months until June, although it’s possible that could be due to the virus lockdown I suppose? 

(p.s. They did give Nexo a conclusion of sorts, it was in a last issue of the magazine released late last year IIRC).

Edited by Lucarex

32 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

(p.s. They did give Nexo a conclusion of sorts, it was in a last issue of the magazine released late last year IIRC).

Nexo Knights magazine did continue months after the 2018 sets.

Release dates are different per country (different publishers/translations) but the last one, Issue 9 of Year 3, came out December 20 2018 here.

Edited by TeriXeri

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People can make a ending for hidden side with this wave 

What does this mean? This is the last wave? 

If it is, what a whimper to end it on. I like the sets, but they are not as good as the first and second waves. 

After looking at the sets for a little more time I find it strange how the set that feels the least like Hidden Side (the prison) looks the best

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

After looking at the sets for a little more time I find it strange how the set that feels the least like Hidden Side (the prison) looks the best

Eh... I think the Fire Truck set is gorgeous. I was worried that the bus would be a hard act to follow but it managed to wow me anyway. I love the huge turret and the shielding around the wheels.

3 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

I now wonder what ghosts does the castle have other than the new sad/happy ghost

Is that the awful white hooded “ghost” (that looks like a kid in a cheap mask wearing a bedsheet at Halloween)? If that’s the standard, I’m not holding my breath.

Is the shark actually sand blue? If so, its even more disappointing getting a new realistic color thats ruined by the weird ghost eyes.

New pic with perspective of the front prison door has leaked, makes it look slightly better but not much.

Looked again at the sub set and the brick built “scene” with the statue and AR control, and it struck me just how pathetic that build really is. Embarrassing really. Give my kid a parts bin and 30 mins and he’d have built something better.

Could just be me but the door on the prison looks like the back of the Ninjago Arcade cabinets

27 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Eh... I think the Fire Truck set is gorgeous. I was worried that the bus would be a hard act to follow but it managed to wow me anyway. I love the huge turret and the shielding around the wheels.

I've always preferred structures and scenery over big vehicles, it does look very cool but it's not my thing

17 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Is that the awful white hooded “ghost” (that looks like a kid in a cheap mask wearing a bedsheet at Halloween)? If that’s the standard, I’m not holding my breath.

Yup