Recommended Posts

A Time Travel theme would be awesome not only to bring back Pirates but also other short lived beloved themes like Vikings and Egypt, and introduce some favorite requests like Rome. Please be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings. Egypt. Rome.

This needs to happen. 
 

(sorry we’re getting off-topic again)

Edited by Lucarex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The January flyer has a Hidden Side Drag Racer (Lego 40408) as a "gift with purchase" for purchases over $45 from January 24th-February 9th.

Looks like it comes with Jack and a driver.

I liked the free juice bar set from a few months ago a lot more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a cool little set, and the spending mark is finally at a level that I'd be considering ordering something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fifulin said:

are there no soul artifacts in the 2020 sets?

Correct - There are none. 
 

On 12/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, the latest webisode of Hidden Side sheds a new light on the upcoming sets.

  Reveal hidden contents

That’s right. El Fuego sacrificed his life to stop Lady E, and going forward he’s going to be a ghost possessing a science classroom skeleton. Which is kind of awesome.

 

Is El Fuego actually dead, though? We know from the Hidden Side Portal set that humans can survive in the HS, and it seems that the only way for beings in the HS to interact with the real world is as ghosts/via possession. Thus, it is possible that El Fuego is alive in the Hidden Side, and communicating with the others via a possessed skeleton. 
This would also allow LEGO to circumvent killing a main character, while still allowing said character to be a skeleton (Similarly to how when Cole was a ghost, he was cursed, rather than actually dead). 

 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Is it just me or are there no soul artifacts in the 2020 sets?

I believe this is because the soul artifacts were centered around the ghosts being forced to bring Lady E back - now that she’s in the “Into the Hidden Side” set, there is no need for any more soul artifacts I guess. Too bad, as getting cool recolors of existing parts was nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legozebra said:

getting cool recolors of existing parts was nice

Though not HS, the DC CMF series features a Yellowish Green fish (with Aquaman) that could be added to the lighthouse. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, legozebra said:

I believe this is because the soul artifacts were centered around the ghosts being forced to bring Lady E back - now that she’s in the “Into the Hidden Side” set, there is no need for any more soul artifacts I guess. Too bad, as getting cool recolors of existing parts was nice

On the one hand I sort of agree, but on the other hand Spring Yellowish Green is far from the most versatile recolor for most of those sorts of parts as far as MOCs are concerned, and the new ghostly elements like the weapon pre-pack or the tilted and two-headed torso extensions feel like they go farther to make the ghost figs distinctive than the ghostly recolors of conventional minifig accessories did. I suppose it would have been nice to get both (with accessories like the clown's umbrella or the diver's harpoon gun getting recolors in addition to the new parts that other figs get), but despite that I still feel like we're sort of coming out ahead as far as interesting new figure parts and accessories are concerned.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Though not HS, the DC CMF series features a Yellowish Green fish (with Aquaman) that could be added to the lighthouse. 
 

This is also a decent idea. The Trans. Neon Green weapon pack from the new Ninjago sets could be another good option for further accessorizing new Hidden Side figs.

Edited by Lyichir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the new sets are out now! 😆 

LEGO Hidden Side 70431 The Lighthouse of Darkness with AR Games App https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W8XYTS3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MMIbEb4H0FXNM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 5:16 PM, legozebra said:

I believe this is because the soul artifacts were centered around the ghosts being forced to bring Lady E back - now that she’s in the “Into the Hidden Side” set, there is no need for any more soul artifacts I guess. Too bad, as getting cool recolors of existing parts was nice

Well, they do have them. Like, each boss character still only appears when you've found thier soul artifact. They're just not physically present as recolored parts in the sets. Some of the sets do include the same part in ordinary colours though (like Lady E's axe, for instance) but not all of them. I think the idea of recolouring random pieces went out the window after wave one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Similarly to how when Cole was a ghost, he was cursed, rather than actually dead
 

Well, Cole was turned into a ghost because of a stupid plan to tie everyone together. That was also just the curse of the temple. The portrait was not cursed or anything sooo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

Well, Cole was turned into a ghost because of a stupid plan to tie everyone together. That was also just the curse of the temple. The portrait was not cursed or anything sooo...

I meant that Cole did not die, then return as a ghost - He simply became a ghost. As for Lady E’s portrait, while it was not technically cursed, it served as a portal to the Hidden Side (due to the use of Soul Artefacts). Since El Fuego jumped through the portrait/portal, he may still be alive in the HS. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think it's possible that the actual ghosts (like the ones in the Portal set) will appear in more sets? I think they're gonna be very useful for the stop-motion folks out there (including me). And it would be even better if some of the boss ghosts (namely Lady E, Mamali, Dr Drewell...) got mini/bigfigs
Maybe since Lady E can get caught now, the ghost hunters will fight against the big Evil, that's behind all of Newbury's haunting and thus the boss ghosts might appear in physical form

Edited by Fifulin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I meant that Cole did not die, then return as a ghost - He simply became a ghost. As for Lady E’s portrait, while it was not technically cursed, it served as a portal to the Hidden Side (due to the use of Soul Artefacts). Since El Fuego jumped through the portrait/portal, he may still be alive in the HS. 
 

Now I see what you mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just saw the review of the Stunt Plane on Brickset, and gotta say it's getting me interested in HS again, the wing design and the Mary figure are just very good.

Those wing pieces just seem very useful for 6-wide vehicle/train builds as well.

I didn't get the 2019 3-in-1 Airplane, which has a similar price point, but I might pick this up instead.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

A Time Travel theme would be awesome not only to bring back Pirates but also other short lived beloved themes like Vikings and Egypt, and introduce some favorite requests like Rome. Please be good.

Like Time Cruisers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Like Time Cruisers ?

Time Cruisers wasn’t really a time travel theme, it was more like crazy sci-fi vehicles theme. I want more location based sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Time Cruisers wasn’t really a time travel theme, it was more like crazy sci-fi vehicles theme. I want more location based sets.

I created a thread for "Leaf" speculation, so that this one can stay on-topic: 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think Hidden Side might end in 2020. Hidden Side was experimental with its focus on the ar app as appose to a show or the sets itself. In most isles I went into to find wave 1 Hidden Side sets, tons of the smaller sets were stacked on shelves untouched, while the train and school were mostly gone. Considering the sets didn't do well, the app is probably flopped as well. Also, the small animated series based on the theme seems to have been focused on highlighting sets and getting to the climax as close as possible rather than creating an interesting story with unique characters, interesting concepts, and any actual structure. These two factors combined makes me wonder if this was practice for leaf rather than a real "blockbuster theme." My theory for the story is that Jack and Parker somehow go to the subway station. Suddenly, the wave 2 boss ghosts bring their artifacts to the station while the heroes realize the tunnel of the station is where the ghosts come from. They tell JB, and Lady E returns, crossing Hidden Side elements into Newbury. What might happen could be that both Jack and Parker go into the Hidden Side and find all the ghosts (this would be where the next wave would take place.) Jack and Parker learns of a greater evil controlling the strings, destroy it before we learn anything else, and come back home where the animations and haunting end.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Legoanonymous said:

My theory for the story is that Jack and Parker somehow go to the subway station. Suddenly, the wave 2 boss ghosts bring their artifacts to the station while the heroes realize the tunnel of the station is where the ghosts come from. They tell JB, and Lady E returns, crossing Hidden Side elements into Newbury. What might happen could be that both Jack and Parker go into the Hidden Side and find all the ghosts (this would be where the next wave would take place.) Jack and Parker learns of a greater evil controlling the strings, destroy it before we learn anything else, and come back home where the animations and haunting end.      

Nope. Lady E kidnaps Jack and wisks him off to the Hidden Side. I do expect that season two will end with the ghosts finally escaping the realm though, but it'll happen due to the heroes opening the portal in order to save Jack. I'm assuming JB, Parker and Douglas will choose the metro station as the location to launch their rescue attempt? 

I believe the "Welcome to the Hidden Side" set is actually set inside the realm and is no longer in Newbury. Even in the app, while the levels for the other sets this season have shafts of blue radiance eminating from cracks in walls and such, that set's environment has entire pools of it out in the open. It would explan Lady E's presence there, as well as the actual ghost minifigs and Jack's unique appearance.

Edited by klinton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, klinton said:

I believe the "Welcome to the Hidden Side" set is actually set inside the realm and is no longer in Newbury. Even in the app, while the levels for the other sets this season have shafts of blue radiance eminating from cracks in walls and such, that set's environment has entire pools of it out in the open. It would explan Lady E's presence there, as well as the actual ghost minifigs and Jack's unique appearance.

I agree, the Hidden Side realm probably looks exactly the same as the normal world except there everything and everyone is ''ghosted''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.