4 hours ago, Borex said:

I still cannot understand why the subway train a) is just a small fragment of a train (where's the fun in that?), b) looks like some sort of old timer train (the brown colour scheme)

It just feels like so many missed chances to be a great set :-(

I can think of at least three potential reasons for the size.

1. First and foremost, a full train wouldn't fit in that price point. That's a huge consideration, since Lego often starts with a range of price points they want to hit for a wave of sets when thinking of what kinds of subjects they can feature. Most of the sets in this upcoming wave are fairly small compared to the largest sets from the previous wave, probably because Lego tends to save their bigger releases for the Summer wave closer to the next upcoming Christmas season.
  2. Story-wise, the subway seems designed to be a system that was abandoned (hence the outdated subway car model as well as the portal to the Hidden Side being located there without having been discovered previously). This is in line with the sort of neglected Americana aesthetic of the theme as a whole.
  3. A full subway train might be considered a little too similar in content to the current wave's Ghost Train Express (which may well still be widely available only one wave later) to stand out. It'd also require the scenery to be bumped up in size to look like it's scaled well with a larger train, which as mentioned above, may not have been an option for this wave.

2 new HS polybags have leaked...

El Fuego (skeleton) being shot out of a cannon (looks more like slightly larger net shooter).

Possessed chef (double torso) similar to Shrimp Shack with hotdog stand

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

2 new HS polybags have leaked...

El Fuego (skeleton) being shot out of a cannon (looks more like slightly larger net shooter).

Possessed chef (double torso) similar to Shrimp Shack with hotdog stand

I'm not sure why links weren't posted since the leaked images are from Lego's server and not leaks but here they are: https://brickset.com/sets/year-2020?query=30000-30999

Love the hotdog stand. It will go well with the GB Firehouse.

The cannon can go with all that El Fuego crap or with the Ghost Fair.

Is everyone aware these leaked books for the Hidden Side theme reveal a TV series coming next year? Hopefully it brings a better third wave and one that has better ghosts and not rely on the app for those.

Still waiting on that large, terrifying teddy bear ghost.

Book link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Ghost-Hunting-Minifigure-Hidden/dp/1338613057

And in case Amazon deletes it:

Step into the haunted town of Newbury and become an expert ghost hunter in this in-world guide based on LEGO Hidden Side toys and TV show! Plus, it includes a Hidden Side minifigure!

The LEGO Group's newest IP, LEGO Hidden Side hits stores in fall 2019 with eight toy sets, followed by a TV series and even more toys in 2020! Kids can interact with these building sets using an augmented reality app that brings the models to life, using a smart phone or tablet camera to reveal a hidden world of interactive mysteries and challenges to solve. It's a whole new world of play!

Welcome to the haunted town of Newbury, home of the LEGO Group's newest original IP. In this new series of adventures, kids will join brother-and-sister duo Jack and Parker as they work to track down and reveal ghosts in order to turn their haunted town back to normal, one ghost at a time. This guide will be narrated by the main characters of the toys and TV show, and work with the LEGO app for an interactive reading experience all about finding and capturing ghosts! Plus, it comes with a LEGO minifigure!

FYI: If you live here in the USA you can usually buy, on the cheap, many LEGO/minifigure books from a store called Ollies. Maybe at Big Lots, I haven't checked. Dollar General/Family Dollar don't appear to sell Lego books yet. I think I have seen 1 or 2 at Gordmans.

Edited by kelceycoe

7 hours ago, kelceycoe said:

Is everyone aware these leaked books for the Hidden Side theme reveal a TV series coming next year? Hopefully it brings a better third wave and one that has better ghosts and not rely on the app for those.

WoW cool. Thanks for the info

15 hours ago, kelceycoe said:

Book link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Ghost-Hunting-Minifigure-Hidden/dp/1338613057

And in case Amazon deletes it

Already posted this a couple of pages back :wink: the listing has been up a while 

16 hours ago, kelceycoe said:

Are we certain that’s not just the YouTube series they’ve been putting up an episode for every Wednesday?

If this TV Show is indeed coming, it's kinda late... The TV Show should have been launched at the same time as the sets or earlier... By the time it comes up, the hype for the theme would have decreased a lot.

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Are we certain that’s not just the YouTube series they’ve been putting up an episode for every Wednesday?

I think it’s exactly those. Shame if true as the theme has a lot of story potential for a proper TV series.

16 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

I think it’s exactly those. Shame if true as the theme has a lot of story potential for a proper TV series.

Read the book's description. It says the TV series comes out in 2020

3 hours ago, kelceycoe said:

Read the book's description. It says the TV series comes out in 2020

Wouldn't be the first time a book got something completely wrong

2 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

They look so...weird and amaturish compared to Ninjago.

Yeah... despite being made by the same team as Ninjago, they clearly had a lower budget for the visuals... 

I also hope this upcoming TV show has an actual good story, unlike those YouTube shorts, which seem like they were made to entertain very young kids...

Edited by Lego David

On 11/29/2019 at 6:14 AM, Lego David said:

Yeah... despite being made by the same team as Ninjago, they clearly had a lower budget for the visuals... 

I also hope this upcoming TV show has an actual good story, unlike those YouTube shorts, which seem like they were made to entertain very young kids...

The YouTube shorts are the "TV show."

When a book description mentions things, don't take it all as gospel. Sure, it's not exactly a TV show, but that communicates the easiest when writing these descriptions, which, more often than not, end up containing false info, regardless of context.

So I just watched the Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer. Hmmm? Does anyone else notice some marked similarities with Hidden Side? 

17 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

So I just watched the Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer. Hmmm? Does anyone else notice some marked similarities with Hidden Side? 

Kids, ghosts, school bus...in a nowhere town?

No secret that HS borrows heavily from GB and Scooby Doo.

Edited by Lucarex

8 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Please... not these "Lego stole from this or that" again, especially as it relates to Ghostbusters. Stranger Things had the little dude as a ghostbuster first, not to mention and as already stated above, Ghostbusters and Scooby Doo came way before the craptastic of a theme.

I personally prefer when LEGO borrows from other IPs, but gives it's own creative twist on it rather than when LEGO just makes licensed sets based on that IPs. Yes, the theme is basically just a mish-mash of Stranger Things, Scooby-Doo and Ghostbusters, but who cares? It's still an original theme, at the end of the day. And it still has it's own ideas and concepts, despite the obvious borrowed elements.

Edited by Lego David

Issue 3 of the HS magazine now out - comes with standard Parker minifig. No further clues as to El Fuego’s apparent demise.

Next issue 4 (Jan 8) comes with El Fuego (alive not skeleton) and fire extinguisher/flames.

This is somewhat of pertinence here, so...

Brick Fanatics - “More and More” LEGO Augmented Reality Products on the Way

The head of the LEGO Creative Play lab says that more augmented reality infused LEGO products will be released on the years ahead in a new interview.

LEGO Hidden Side, recently revealed to be back in 2020 with a new multiplayer mode, will not be the last augmented reality (AR) experience. “I’ve worked on projects that have tried to fuse digital with physical. Video games with building was one project; we do a lot with AR, mixed reality, we do a lot of stuff in computer vision and all kinds of things. I think we’ll see more and more of it coming out in the next few years.”

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is somewhat of pertinence here, so...

I think this pretty much confirms that Hidden Side did well in terms of sales. If it wouldn't have done well, then they probably wouldn't have decided to keep the augmented reality thing going.

55 minutes ago, Lego David said:

I think this pretty much confirms that Hidden Side did well in terms of sales. If it wouldn't have done well, then they probably wouldn't have decided to keep the augmented reality thing going.

That doesn't really say much, if anything. Nexo Knights didn't sell that well yet they still kept updating the app

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nexo Knights didn't sell that well

What makes you believe that? Nexo Knights sold well. While It may not have done well with AFOLs, it certainly did with kids. Otherwise it wouldn't have gotten a full 3-year run.

Edited by Lego David

1 minute ago, Lego David said:

What makes you believe that? Nexo Knights sold well, period. While It may not have done well with AFOLs, it certainly did with kids. Otherwise it wouldn't have gotten a full 3-year run.

It did, right up until the truly awful 3rd year wave 4 “vampire/virus/byter” crap which gathered cobwebs (and still does!) everywhere.