Whelp. I found some Wave 3 Hidden Side sets at both our local mall toy store as well as- get this- a Marshals/Homegoods. Yeah. Pretty sure that's the gold standard for a poorly going LEGO theme.

jqdzAlm.jpg

cASGHYq.jpg?1

Hope they restock Shrimp Shack Attack soon. I’m getting Monster Hunter - the Zombies vibes from this set. As in really cool affordable set from exciting action theme I should buy before I regret missing out on it. Its a shame this theme got cancelled; the high school, bus, castle, and shrimp shack attack were all amazing sets. The subway, prison, boat graveyard and lighthouse weren’t too bad either. I appreciated how many structures were incorporated in the builds. Figures felt a bit dry at times but the sets were so good you could give all these cool vehicles and structures for your own figures to explore. 

whatever ends up replacing this theme, assuming LEGO chooses to give us another action theme besides Ninjago next year, I hope we also get a good amount of structures. Monster Fighters also did a solid job at that. As does Ninjago it makes these action themes more desirable for me.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Hope they restock Shrimp Shack Attack soon.

The Shrimp Shack retired a few months ago so I highly doubt it will ever get restocked again :sceptic:

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Shrimp Shack retired a few months ago so I highly doubt it will ever get restocked again :sceptic:

Aaaannd I officially have “you should have got that set when it was out vibes”. The build was very impressive I’m upset with me self now.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Aaaannd I officially have “you should have got that set when it was out vibes”. The build was very impressive I’m upset with me self now.

It's definetely a very well made set. But if I recall corectly the aftermarket prices for this set aren't all that high so you can probably still pick it up for a decent price.

Looking forward to building the Castle over the holiday, once it’s unwrapped from under the Christmas tree,

Although when I say building, it might be more overseeing and the occasional assistance if I’m lucky :laugh:

On 12/16/2020 at 2:18 AM, JoeyB said:

Whelp. I found some Wave 3 Hidden Side sets at both our local mall toy store as well as- get this- a Marshals/Homegoods. Yeah. Pretty sure that's the gold standard for a poorly going LEGO theme.

Both those you’ve pictured (Submarine and Dragster) are the cheapest entry level sets which are often discounted for sale especially when a theme is EOL. Normal stock clearance across multiple retailers.

How much do you think the price of "Mystery castle" will increase in the future?  It was on sale for a very short time, and in my opinion it is a very interesting set .. We remember Monster fighters set 9465  and its prices now. Do you think this could be a very expensive set?

On 12/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, Ogist said:

How much do you think the price of "Mystery castle" will increase in the future?  It was on sale for a very short time, and in my opinion it is a very interesting set .. We remember Monster fighters set 9465  and its prices now. Do you think this could be a very expensive set?

Unfortunately it looks like it is already being listed for double price.  At $100 I would have bought a second one after Christmas.  At $200 I don't recommend it at all.  It is a great set at regular price but its not worth double price.

Then I did a good job. I bought it last week only because you got a free Charles Dickens set for purchases over 100 €. So I bought these two great sets for € 105. I was really lucky. :classic:

I expect prices to rise quite a bit for the sets in the future. The sets are really good most of the times and since only a limited number was made due to the short run demand will be there once people realise what they missed.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:11 AM, mrfang2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1305590480391016450

so we are getting SOMETHING new. I have to wonder if the reason we aren’t seeing any hidden side leaks is because this is the end of the story, and will pick up with a retooled version of the theme under a new name later next year. It’s not like LEGO doesn’t listen to fan complaints sometimes, so to see the theme retooled to ditch the app focus and introduce some new villains/monsters/whatever wouldn’t surprise me. Heck, if this story ends with them sealing away the ghosts for good then it wouldn’t even make sense to keep calling the theme hidden side. 

So, was this just the TV special?

On 9/14/2020 at 5:40 PM, Killian said:

Due to the lack of of a TV series or a more coherent comic book, I decided to try my hand at starting a Hidden Side webcomic.

The full 40+ pages of the first story are now online.  It'd be good to see what Lego enthusiasts think of it. But be gentle, I have no idea what I'm doing and I have no photo editing skills :iamded_lol:

https://horrorsofthehiddenside.tumblr.com/work time/post/629237882991853568/it-begins

Yeah!!! I mean, everything done with your hands and your brain is cool in itself, but it's really cool! like it!

On 12/16/2020 at 10:22 PM, Guyon2002 said:

It's definetely a very well made set. But if I recall corectly the aftermarket prices for this set aren't all that high so you can probably still pick it up for a decent price.

I've picked up the Lighthouse, Shrimp Diner and the Shrimp Boat for 10/15.-  below the Lego official price recently. I find them very cheap on the aftermarket at least at the moment. (Bricklink)

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

As Halloween season is coming up,I sure hope monster Fighter, Scooby-Doo or Hidden Side make their one back….

Discontinued? Why the 3.5.4 update released only a week ago (including new ghosts) then? Just a final last Halloween season hurrah?

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Doubtful on Hidden Side. 
The app is being discontinued.

App discounted or not, it doens’t bother me at all. I would like to see Hidden Side come back.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 9/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Doubtful on Hidden Side. 
The app is being discontinued.

I think you are wrong - the app is still running until 2023. 

So.. I've been using set 41369  https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/mia-s-house-41369   as Jack's House, since it has the secret exit in the climbing wall for him to sneak out at night to fight ghosts.

I decided to cannibalise set 41755 https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/nova-s-room-41755 and set 41341 https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/andrea-s-bedroom-41341 to make a bedroom for Jack that fits with the aesthetic of the house.

17 minutes ago, Killian said:

So.. I've been using set 41369  https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/mia-s-house-41369   as Jack's House, since it has the secret exit in the climbing wall for him to sneak out at night to fight ghosts.

I decided to cannibalise set 41755 https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/nova-s-room-41755 and set 41341 https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/andrea-s-bedroom-41341 to make a bedroom for Jack that fits with the aesthetic of the house.

Nice! I like it