Do we know when these, the latest wave specifically, will likely disappear? Any guesses on if we’ll have into next year or should I get it before the end of this year? 

I’m going Sunday to a store(first time since January:excited:) & I’m debating whether to be responsible & keep the purchase small or Ben slightly irresponsible & get the Castle...possibly while I have the chance. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Do we know when these, the latest wave specifically, will likely disappear? Any guesses on if we’ll have into next year or should I get it before the end of this year? 

I’m going Sunday to a store(first time since January:excited:) & I’m debating whether to be responsible & keep the purchase small or Ben slightly irresponsible & get the Castle...possibly while I have the chance. 

They're on the EOL list so they won't be around much longer. When that is is anyone's guess :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Some sets are already listed as Sold out on the European LEGO.com, including the Castle.

The Train set is also listed as Sold out on the US site.

Sold out certainly is a big sign of retirement, compared to Temporarily out of stock.

Especially combined with the European site also listing multiple sets as Retiring Soon, and some of those are -15% or Sold out already.

Now, this doesn't mean that sets are instantly gone at January 1st 2021, but I expect more discounts to sell the remaining stock around Black Friday/Christmas and beyond.

Some LEGO Movie 2 sets were still sold up to April 2020, but over time, less different sets were available on LEGO.com. (not including other retailers)

Edited by TeriXeri

So in the new special it does confirm the existence, atleast at some point, of SPOILERS vampires, demons, living gargoyles, werewolves, and the Loch Ness monster, as well as countless other potential “sides” where monsters and other villains can come from SPOILERS which could lend some validity to my theory of the line being canceled to do away with the phone gimmicks and eventually return with a new name, more varieties of antagonist, and a retooled play pattern that doesn’t rely on the digital aspects. 

30 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

So in the new special it does confirm the existence, atleast at some point, of SPOILERS vampires, demons, living gargoyles, werewolves, and the Loch Ness monster, as well as countless other potential “sides” where monsters and other villains can come from SPOILERS which could lend some validity to my theory of the line being canceled to do away with the phone gimmicks and eventually return with a new name, more varieties of antagonist, and a retooled play pattern that doesn’t rely on the digital aspects. 

That would be great but still seems pretty unlikely to me. Then again, if they’re foreshadowing it . . who knows?

On 11/2/2020 at 3:19 AM, mrfang2 said:

I would love this, Hidden Side is the theme that got me back into LEGO, I noticed online that it's not very popular from what I've seen... that gives me mixed feelings, I was able to pick up all the sets new in-box for nice discounts (10 to 15 euro's below the original retail price) which is super for a returning AFOL in these trying times. But as somebody who likes the theme, concepts and that there are a lot of non-vehicle heavy sets in the line I did hope to see it continued.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:39 AM, Lucarex said:

--snipped because of large images--

These look so cool! I especially like the eerie wendigo-looking design they have going for the big bad! Anybody have ideas for what could be used to moc something along those lines up? Maybe something about the size of the version of him we got in the firetruck mech? That would allow the use of the cattle skull piece...

Edit: I just watched the halloween special thing that they ran, they definitely tease a bunch of monsters that may or may not be extinct, as well as confirm that there's countless different realms with life in them. I don't want to be optimistic but I think it would be really cool if they were to retool this theme to be more along the lines of fighting extradimensional beings as a whole. A lot of the past sets have a really heavy lovecraft feel, it would be really interesting imo if they were to continue this theme leaning heavier into that.

Edited by shadefoundry
didn't want to double post

On 11/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, shadefoundry said:

These look so cool! I especially like the eerie wendigo-looking design they have going for the big bad! Anybody have ideas for what could be used to moc something along those lines up? Maybe something about the size of the version of him we got in the firetruck mech? That would allow the use of the cattle skull piece...

Edit: I just watched the halloween special thing that they ran, they definitely tease a bunch of monsters that may or may not be extinct, as well as confirm that there's countless different realms with life in them. I don't want to be optimistic but I think it would be really cool if they were to retool this theme to be more along the lines of fighting extradimensional beings as a whole. A lot of the past sets have a really heavy lovecraft feel, it would be really interesting imo if they were to continue this theme leaning heavier into that.

what if hidden side is part of a series involving jack and parker and they travel around the world fighting ghosts , otherworldly beings and creatures 

hidden side is part 1 , part 2 is when they face the alien extradimensional beings and hopefully part 3 there in egypt fighting mummies

10 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

what if hidden side is part of a series involving jack and parker and they travel around the world fighting ghosts , otherworldly beings and creatures 

hidden side is part 1 , part 2 is when they face the alien extradimensional beings and hopefully part 3 there in egypt fighting mummies

I'd prefer some kind of worldwide story tackling myths and similar things. Monster of Loch Ness, Bigfoot, the Minotaur, etc. 

Just watched the Night of the Harbinger Hidden Side Halloween Special.

Spoiler

I was not expecting The Maw to basically be a world eater like Marvel's Galactus, with Nehmaar Reem basically being the guy that finds worlds for it to eat just like Marvel's Silver Surfer.

Would be cool to have them turn up in Ninjago to eat that realm as a kind of crossover, won't happen though lol.

Didn't expect Nehmaar Reem to be a good guy! 

Glad we got an explanation for why the Observatory part of the castle set doesn't match the rest of the castle.

I was expecting Rami to join the ghost hunting crew, felt kinda weird that he was only there to lure Jack away with the promise of online popularity. Felt weird that after protesting against the vlogging, that Parker joined in at the end.

I hope the discussion of other realms, werewolves, The Loch Ness Monster etc. Are going to lead to a reboot of this line with heroes facing traditional monsters like The Monster Fighters line had a few years ago.

Would love to see more transforming possessed buildings but with brick built monsters or monster minifigures instead of an app 

I'm glad the Halloween special kind of felt like a sort of conclusion to the story, but still suggested the ghost hunters have more adventures in their future.

Bought the latest Hidden Side magazine yesterday. It came with the haunted mechanic and haunted Subway engineer again.

There was nothing in the back pages saying when the next issue is out, so I assume it's the final one.

I was somewhat surprised(and expecting) to see this theme wasn’t sale on this weekend. I figured they’d use this as an opportunity to sell it off. 

However, I’m happy they didn’t...since I bought Mystery Castle for full price earlier this month. :laugh:

25 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I was somewhat surprised(and expecting) to see this theme wasn’t sale on this weekend. I figured they’d use this as an opportunity to sell it off. 

However, I’m happy they didn’t...since I bought Mystery Castle for full price earlier this month. :laugh:

You mean on S&H or generally? For quite a few major retailers HS has been on sale for a couple of months. The Castle not so much but there were a couple of options to get at least 20% off recently.

Edited by Lucarex

1 minute ago, Lucarex said:

You mean on S&H or generally? For quite a few major retailers HS has been on sale for a couple of months. The Castle not so much but there were a couple of options to get at least 20% off recently.

Yes, S@H...guess I should’ve specified better. I haven’t seen a thing of HS in Target(minus Welcome to the Hidden Side) or Walmart in months, even Target’s site doesn’t have the last wave. They do have a wave one display box which I was tempted to ask about...

Edited by Vindicare

Yeah, I'd love to get the Phantom Fire Truck at a discount... but it'd mean I'd have to support The Bezos, so, eh.

6 hours ago, JoeyB said:

Yeah, I'd love to get the Phantom Fire Truck at a discount... but it'd mean I'd have to support The Bezos, so, eh.

What's a Bezo?

13 hours ago, Killian said:

What's a Bezo?

Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Bummer, looks like most of the Hidden Side sets are sold out on Lego.com.  I was hoping to pick up a second Mystery Castle after Christmas.  Oh well, at least I got one.

It's a shame the crappy box art and focus on the stupid app caused this awesome theme to be so *ahem* hidden.  Most of the sets had awesome builds and a level of design many other themes only wished they had.  Of course by and large that was "hidden" by the stupid app box art.  Even if you were already looking for a specific set they just kind of blended together on the shelf and were hard to tell apart and find. :sceptic:

15 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

Bummer, looks like most of the Hidden Side sets are sold out on Lego.com.  I was hoping to pick up a second Mystery Castle after Christmas.  Oh well, at least I got one.

It's a shame the crappy box art and focus on the stupid app caused this awesome theme to be so *ahem* hidden.  Most of the sets had awesome builds and a level of design many other themes only wished they had.  Of course by and large that was "hidden" by the stupid app box art.  Even if you were already looking for a specific set they just kind of blended together on the shelf and were hard to tell apart and find. :sceptic:

Yeah, I thought about waiting for Black Friday to order the Mystery Castle, but didn’t. Glad for that decision as it was sold out. 

I’ve never been one to care much for box art but HS’s was just awful & muddy. I mean know what I want going in so seeing them on the shelf doesn’t bother me personally, but they aren’t pretty to behold & I can imagine the average consumer wondering & passing it by instead of taking a closer/second look. A shame too, because this theme is fantastic, both in minifigures & builds. 

12 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Shouldn't this topic be closing now that the theme is over and the year is about to end?

No? What would the point be? If people stop having things to discuss then the topic will "die" a natural death—until then, it might as well stick around for anyone who does want to discuss the last wave of sets (since just because all the sets are out doesn't mean everyone who has wanted to get any of them has already done so).

And who knows... it might pick up a cult following years later and people may want to revive the thread?

1 hour ago, kelceycoe said:

And who knows... it might pick up a cult following years later and people may want to revive the thread?

Well now it’s definitely not happening, thanks for jinxing it. :tongue: