1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't collect the Hidden Side magazine myself so maybe someone could see if there'll be an ending there eventually

Perhaps the Hidden Side Magazines will continue, and we'll get an ending to the story in them? Though it seems unlikely, let's not forget that the Nexo Knights magazines continued until December 2018, and the final wave of Nexo Knights sets came out in Winter 2018.

6 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Perhaps the Hidden Side Magazines will continue, and we'll get an ending to the story in them? Though it seems unlikely, let's not forget that the Nexo Knights magazines continued until December 2018, and the final wave of Nexo Knights sets came out in Winter 2018.

I’ve already posted there’s a “new” one just out but it’s really an old one from March/April, no content on the wave 3 sets. There’s also notably no info on “next issue” so looks like they’re done also.

Yes Nexo mags did continue for a year after the theme was cancelled, but they also had a much bigger marketing push (4 seasons of full tv series, multiple merch like books and non-set toys) and sales than HS.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Honestly if not for this forum I would have no idea what the story behind the Virus Vampires was. 

I think “story” is stretching it :laugh::hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lucarex

8 hours ago, Lucarex said:

HS is done, ended. You did see the Creator Haunted House recently released, right? 

Yes I did... but that is irrelevant IMO. There were also many exclusives released in 2012. I wasn't opting for another haunted house (please, not another), but a similar big exclusive set to end the theme... maybe an HQ or a final battleground... or something that wraps up the story. Anyway my hope is probably futile as I already mentioned... But without hope.. there is no ehm... rebellion? No wait, that's another theme, right?

Edited by JayCal

I don't get why people think there won't be additional shorts or anything. Hidden Side ending AFTER the current wave of sets does not mean that all promotion for that final wave would be pulled. If there were additional webisodes produced for that wave (and given that there were webisodes for the first half of this year I think it's likely that they were produced for the full year's story) then it would follow that those would be published as normal. It's a different scenario than Nexo Knights or Chima, which both ended on an abridged final year of sets and had had its story up to that point told through full TV seasons instead of online shorts.

So do we have any official story on who Nehmaar Reem is?  What his powers are?  What his intentions are?   Why he changes size?   Why he's gathering the artifacts?    Why he's built an observatory on to the existing castle?

6 hours ago, Killian said:

So do we have any official story on who Nehmaar Reem is?  What his powers are?  What his intentions are?   Why he changes size?   Why he's gathering the artifacts?    Why he's built an observatory on to the existing castle?

"Meet the Harbinger: When our heroes discover traces of an unknown silver-colored ooze, J.B. Watt tries to trace its origins in her lab. Evidence suggests it’s not from our world, and it doesn’t have the same energy signature as anything they’ve seen from the Hidden Side before… A mysterious harbinger from a dimension beyond the Hidden Side may hold the answers… Stay tuned…" (https://www.lego.com/en-my/kids/characters/hidden-side/the-harbinger-d621b7cd0ff7926ac92fa012deb5a725)

"The Harbinger: Our heroes discover traces of a strange silver-colored ooze that’s neither from our world, nor the Hidden Side. It turns out to be from a mysterious Harbinger with a message from a dimension beyond the Hidden Side: “Sorry, guys, the end of the world is near.” Yeah. It’s not the best of news." (https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/hidden-side)

"Eons old, the Maw is your typical gigantic, indestructible creature-type-thing. You know, an insatiable devourer of worlds. It travels in dimensions beyond ours, beyond the Hidden Side, beyond our comprehension, really. We’ve already said too much. Please move along, nothing to see here."

Also, this post and this post have some neat prototypes of Nehmaar Reem. 

I ended up buying the

Theme part set

Subway set

Light tower set

Prison set

These make for great backgrounds! 

Real shame the theme won't continue! But then with the amount of new content Lego has released this year, who know what other themes will stay and go. 

I ended up getting the Lighthouse of Darkness and JB's Ghost Lab, and if I can find some good discounts, I could end up buying even more sets from this theme.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:23 PM, tomorrowboy said:

I just realized what I really want from this theme: A spooky banana in either the translucent yellow or spring green colours to match the sticker that came with the subway set.
70430stk01.png

I suppose the closest is the rotten banana in the abandoned prison set

photo_2020-08-17_16-53-50.jpg

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Have you been living under a rock?

I don't think so...

For people in the US, the Castle is available on Target.com, but not sure how long it’ll last as the summer sets have been going in and out of stock regularly on the site.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ehm, Halloween Special?

If I recall correctly a user previously mentioned that there will be Halloween centric episode later this year.

People from Germany should check out Saturn and/or Media Markt, HS is sold for pretty cheap there. Even though I guess anybody on this forum is aware of cheaper alternatives.

My local target removed the shelf space they'd been using for hidden side. Do we think we might not see a retail release for the final wave?

Edited by BraveMax

Issue 9 (and very likely the last ever) of ash’s magazine just released today. Predictably boring minifigs of the usual pair, but interesting if only for the Secret History Of Lady E feature...

24-C98-DF1-7138-4-FF5-9-B18-9-F8-BF33-CF

Edited by Lucarex

19 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Issue 9 (and very likely the last ever) of ash’s magazine just released today. Predictably boring minifigs of the usual pair, but interesting if only for the Secret History Of Lady E feature...

The cover date says "September 2nd - October 13th" and it would seem kind of weird not to have an issue out at Halloween? But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

9 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

The cover date says "September 2nd - October 13th" and it would seem kind of weird not to have an issue out at Halloween? But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Actually inside it says there's a special issue coming on October 14th.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, Lucarex said:

So, as predicted both HS books (guide and activity) announced last year and due for release in early August, have been officially cancelled.

Both titles were advertised as coming with minifigures (never confirmed if exclusive or not).

I’d say that’s fairly indicative of the theme being EOL’d immediately, regardless of what that Lego customer service rep replied about future sets.

By way of an update, only the “Guide to Ghost Hunting” was cancelled in the end and Scholastic actually just published the second (activity book) of these titles, and it arrived yesterday.

It’s basically another magazine (same length, very similar mix of puzzles and story sections, focus more on the former obviously). comes with Jack minifig, fairly standard red torso with cap backwards.

The difference being is it includes content on this last wave of sets, with some new virtual ghosts plus nice artwork of Harbinger and the Maw.

*edit* I’ll post pics later if anyone is still interested at this point!

Edited by Lucarex

On 9/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, Lucarex said:

*edit* I’ll post pics later if anyone is still interested at this point!

Do it! I'm interested in the Harbinger

On 9/2/2020 at 7:35 PM, Lucarex said:

interesting if only for the Secret History Of Lady E feature...

I thought it was cool how Parker mentions her full name "Lady Evelina D'Ombre" in the comic strip

Seems they pulled off the same thing as they did with Nexo Knights, having many monsters unique to just Media (app/video/books) instead of physical sets :shrug_confused:

Now of course can't expect everything to be made into sets, but some smaller things in magazines I wish were made into toy form like Season 2 Nexo Knights had Lightning Scurriers using existing LEGO parts just different colors, and using unicorn horns instead.

Edited by TeriXeri