6 hours ago, Lucarex said:

And what a wave that was lest we forget... *huh* :hmpf_bad: :sick:

Agree that wave was weird, but still had some cool sci-fi parts in the Berserker Bomber and Twinfector.

9 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Hey now, Virus Vampire slander will not be tolerated :tongue:

I'd appreciate one more wave of Hidden Side similar to that, even if it's mediocre. If anything it might yield some decent sets or new figures.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Lucarex said:

I mean, the final Nexo Knights wave wasn’t that bad IMO... it had a cool color scheme for the Villains, and also gave us some pretty interesting new pieces. I see that as an absolute win, personally. 

I have to agree with @BrickJagger here, one more wave for Hidden Side (even if it’s mediocre) would still be very much appreciated. 

On 8/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, BrickJagger said:

Hey now, Virus Vampire slander will not be tolerated :tongue:

I really liked those Nexo vampires/vampirates!  I will always appreciate Lego for sneaking that wave out the door during the Toys R Us funeral march rather than killing the line prematurely.  I like Hidden Side too and I'm happy to have at least one final wave before it sinks beneath the Lovecraftian seas.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, Grey Magistrate said:

I really liked those Nexo vampires/vampirates! 

I liked them too, got all the sets and magazines from that wave, and it was a nice source of golden, and trans-bright green parts and nice figures, and some unique moulds.

LEGO was in the process of changing it's Pearl Gold color during 2018/2019 so some parts look a bit inconsistent.

I do hope Hidden Side gets a proper ending wave however, and not just story only roughly explained a magazine comic.

Edited by TeriXeri

So, as predicted both HS books (guide and activity) announced last year and due for release in early August, have been officially cancelled.

Both titles were advertised as coming with minifigures (never confirmed if exclusive or not).

I’d say that’s fairly indicative of the theme being EOL’d immediately, regardless of what that Lego customer service rep replied about future sets.

Edited by Lucarex

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

I’d say that’s fairly indicative of the theme being EOL’d immediately, regardless of what that Lego customer service rep replied about future sets

But why would the LEGO Customer Service straight out lie to us? I mean sure, it’s not uncommon seeing LEGO deny rummors, but outright mentioning upcoming sets? This whole thing is really weird. With that in mind, can we even trust the customer service anymore?

43 minutes ago, Lego David said:

But why would the LEGO Customer Service straight out lie to us? I mean sure, it’s not uncommon seeing LEGO deny rummors, but outright mentioning upcoming sets? This whole thing is really weird. With that in mind, can we even trust the customer service anymore?

Their response was odd as normally the official TLG line is usually strictly “neither confirm nor deny”. That’s even if they know in the first place, which is rare.

Wouldn’t surprise me if that rep got themselves completely confused or mistaken. Happens all the time.

41 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if that rep got themselves completely confused or mistaken. Happens all the time.

That's where I'm leaning as well.I highly doubt that someone working at customer service knows the future plans of the company.

The fact they couldn’t get either book released in 9 months since announcement or 12 months since launch, kind of speaks how low priority HS was in terms of marketing. Shameful really.

Also just to add the “latest” HS magazine has just been released here. It’s obviously just the one planned for April (before lockdown put publication on hold). Zero content around the new sets. There’ll be no more.

This is it folks, will the last one out turn off the lights...

Edited by Lucarex

In the coming months we'll see if we get another wave or not.Just gotta wait for those leaks.

Honestly though this theme peaked in its first wave. Afterwards it's been going downhill,I'm not expecting the 4th wave (if we ever get it) to be any good. 

I got the August/September Lego catalogue today and it didn't feature a single Hidden Side set, which definitely doesn't seem to indicate a lot of support.

I kind of hope they do a promo next month to get rid of any left over juice bars and other promo sets they might have.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

Honestly though this theme peaked in its first wave. Afterwards it's been going downhill

But...Mystery Castle 70437 | Hidden Side | Buy online at the Official ...

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But...

Yeaaaah not a big fan of this set in all honestly.If it was just an old decrepid castle I would love it but the whole "Hidden Side" feel to it with the trans-blue color pieces and black tentacles poking out of the walls give me a bad taste to my mouth.

54 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Yeaaaah not a big fan of this set in all honestly.If it was just an old decrepid castle I would love it but the whole "Hidden Side" feel to it with the trans-blue color pieces and black tentacles poking out of the walls give me a bad taste to my mouth.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Lego David said:

Has there been any confirmation on whether the Web Shorts series will continue or not? 

Sadly I think it's safe to assume that there'll be no new HS content. What's the point when unlike even Nexo (with full tv series of 4 seasons), the web shorts' only purpose was to advertise the sets, which we now know have ended. 

Man I hope not. Nexo Knights didn't get a proper finale. And Hidden Side's episodes are much shorter in length. 

Don't let Chima and Mixels be the only 3 year run Lego Shows to get finales. 

23 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I would have agreed with you but.... Our toy store stocked this 3rd wave of HS set in the last week of June and my wife gifted me this entire wave. Now that they're all built... the castle and firetruck are actually quite spectacular in my opinion. The Race Car and Submarine are fun builds too. The prison felt a bit bland. I'll admit, having all of the HS sets, that the first wave was undeniably the best... but there are gems to had with this last wave. I'm still havinge (futile?) hopes for one big final set like the Monster Fighters Haunted House. 

Edited by JayCal

1 hour ago, JayCal said:

I'm still havinge (futile?) hopes for one big final set like the Monster Fighters Haunted House. 

HS is done, ended. You did see the Creator Haunted House recently released, right? 

Edited by Lucarex

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

You did see the Creator Haunted House recently released, right? 

If only it was affordable I'd consider buying it :sadnew: But 230 euro for a Lego set is too much.

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Man I hope not. Nexo Knights didn't get a proper finale. And Hidden Side's episodes are much shorter in length. 

True, Nexo Knights tv show ended after 2017, or set wave 4 , and countries that didn't have the paper magazine had almost no explaination/story about the last tech-vampire wave (set wave 5)

But at least I gotta admit, the Nexo magazine tried to have at least some ending and reference to the sets in the 2018 issues (9 magazines total)

But  again, since those magazines are printed by regional publishers (under license of LEGO), they don't appear worldwide.

I don't collect the Hidden Side magazine myself so maybe someone could see if there'll be an ending there eventually.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

True, Nexo Knights tv show ended after 2017, or set wave 4 , and countries that didn't have the paper magazine had almost no explaination/story about the last tech-vampire wave (set wave 5)

But at least I gotta admit, the Nexo magazine tried to have at least some ending and reference to the sets in the 2018 issues (9 magazines total)

But  again, since those magazines are printed by regional publishers (under license of LEGO), they don't appear worldwide.

I don't collect the Hidden Side magazine myself so maybe someone could see if there'll be an ending there eventually.

Honestly if not for this forum I would have no idea what the story behind the Virus Vampires was.