Just now, LOTR34 said:

But why discontinue the sets from the newest wave?That's what makes everyone so certain that the line has bitten the dust.

Maybe because they plan on making the final wave of Hidden Side (if there will be one) a LEGO Store exclusive, like it has happened with the last waves of Elves and Ultra Agents. Maybe the sets from the newest wave will just stop being supplied to normal retailers, but will still be available in LEGO Stores and on LEGO.com

2 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Maybe because they plan on making the final wave of Hidden Side (if there will be one) a LEGO Store exclusive, like it has happened with the last waves of Elves and Ultra Agents. Maybe the sets from the newest wave will just stop being supplied to normal retailers, but will still be available in LEGO Stores and on LEGO.com

Yeah I just read the rest of the article suggesting just that.I had no idea that the final waves for Elves and UA were Lego store exclusives.I'm starting to suspect that this could very well be the case for HS.If that's the case then I hope the next/final wave is a great send-off for the theme.

Edited by LOTR34

I just wonder how many current sets will end up at retailers.

In Europe, a set like 70847-1: Good Morning Sparkle Babies! was only sold for about 3 months (August - October 2019) , one of the shortest lived recent sets.

While many of the first wave sets are still available at 30-50% off across multiple retailers.

Certainly is an example in how different sets can end up, due to different production numbers and distribution.

Based on the way Wave 1 Hidden Side sets are still widely sold, at discount, the production numbers might have been a lot higher compared to wave 2.

If there will be a Wave 4 at LEGO.com only , I can understand it, they might sell less overall, but also have to produce less over-stock for retailers.

In the current production situation, especially for North America, some themes already released later then planned.

Backorder Issues for sets sold in Europe are less now, but they still happened.

Edited by TeriXeri

14 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Whereas Vortech and Lady E were essentially designed as digital-only antagonists (as were most of the Hidden Side villains, to be honest) and might never have made their way into sets even if Lego Dimensions and Hidden Side had each continued for a third year.

Wasn't there a rumor way back when Dimensions was still a thing saying Vortech would be part of the final wave but got cancelled?

51 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

In Europe, a set like 70847-1: Good Morning Sparkle Babies! was only sold for about 3 months (August - October 2019) , one of the shortest lived recent sets.

The availability for the last TLM2 wave was atrocious. I would've really liked to get the Sparkle Babies and Systar Party Crew sets but the only one I ever saw on store shelves was the Wyld-Mayhem Fighter, the rest were all bought up by those damned scalpers :damn: Hidden Side is lucky to have their (possibly) last wave as a proper release. 

I’m seeing comments saying that the HS wave 1 sets are beeing sold at a discounted price. Where??  I want to know.  :) Here it’s always regular price everywhere except a few dollars off sometimes on amazon.ca

24 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

I’m seeing comments saying that the HS wave 1 sets are beeing sold at a discounted price. Where??

Could be a Europe thing, but I saw most of Wave I stuff at heavy discounts in my local Smyth Toys yesterday. I think it has mostly to do with Wave I being indeed supplied in masses last year, and stores still having plenty of the sets around.

What I think is happening here is that they are retiring the first wave of sets slightly earlier than usual (and stopping production for them), due to the effect of the pandemic and maybe not great sales - which somehow have been misrepresented as discontinuation of the whole line by the retailers who can't place the orders for it now. The recent wave has not been released in US yet, and it's marked as Coming Soon on Lego.com. Will that be exclusive for Lego only or not I don't care - I just don't see them releasing something for a couple of months to discontinue at the end of December. That being said, I wouldn't treat the Customer Support rep as a source of information - they will never tell you anything else rather than official info - they are not allowed to do so. Will the current wave be the last for Hidden Side - maybe. Will the theme cease to exist by the end of the year - I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

I’m seeing comments saying that the HS wave 1 sets are beeing sold at a discounted price. Where??  I want to know.  :) Here it’s always regular price everywhere except a few dollars off sometimes on amazon.ca

Walmart in US is doing regular summer clearance, with Hidden Side and Friends being the main focus. Most of the stuff went pretty fast, I wasn't been able to catch anything in my area (Massachusets).

Edited by meliander

2 hours ago, meliander said:

I just don't see them releasing something for a couple of months to discontinue at the end of December.

Last TLM2 wave: ''Allow us to introduce ourselves''

On 7/29/2020 at 12:14 PM, Lego David said:

So, according to Brickfanz.com, Hidden Side may actually not be over just yet:

http://bricksfanz.com/lego-hidden-set-may-not-be-ending-just-yet/

Any thoughts?

This was the response from LEGO's customer service according to that linked article:

“How strange! I can assure you that there is no confirmation from the LEGO® Group that we are discontinuing our Hidden Side™ line.

Anything reported on fan websites are a rumour, and all reports are considered false.

I can assure you this newly introduced spooky theme is sticking around, including a bunch of new sets coming soon!”

My thoughts:

• Do those employees all know which sets will definitely retire? If they don't, which I assume to be correct, then they don't have any confirmation of this line to come to an end. So first statement would be correct then.
  • All reports on fan sites are rumors unless they are officially announced by LEGO, so that second statement doesn't contain any surprising information.
  • One thing is for certain, and that is that in North America new sets from the third wave are still going to be released. So from their perspective that last statement seems to be correct as well.

So in conclusion there's nothing indicating that Hidden Side will continue contrary to that rumored list of sets being retired this year.

Edited by Dazz

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Last TLM2 wave: ''Allow us to introduce ourselves''

Can you tell me the sets numbers, please?

To be fair, I don't think Customer Service is a reliable source for this. As far as I know they won't admit that a theme has been discontinued until every set from it is off the shelves. Between what Stonewars and FalconFan have been saying, I think that there's a fair bit of miscommunication going on. For example, in 2017 even Brickset was reported that Nexo Knights was being cancelled at the end of the year, but it got one last wave in spite of their reporting. It could be that HS has been cancelled prematurely, but since the next wave was so far along in production, we'll get something in January before it ends.

I just realized what I really want from this theme: A spooky banana in either the translucent yellow or spring green colours to match the sticker that came with the subway set.
70430stk01.png

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

70847, 70848, 70849

Ok, I see now what you meant. It's very odd, but still specific to certain territories.

18 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

I just realized what I really want from this theme: A spooky banana in either the translucent yellow or spring green colours to match the sticker that came with the subway set.

Ooh, I don't think I'd even realized that the subway set had extra stickers like the Beach Buggy.

Speaking of that, does anyone know if any of the four summer sets feature extra unused stickers like those? Or was that just something they were experimenting with in the winter wave?

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Speaking of that, does anyone know if any of the four summer sets feature extra unused stickers like those? Or was that just something they were experimenting with in the winter wave?

Looked up the sticker sheets on bricklink, Castle(2 sheets),  Prison or Submarine , none of those have extra bonus stickers.

Fire Truck and Race Car have no parts listed yet.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Looked up the sticker sheets on bricklink, Castle(2 sheets),  Prison or Submarine , none of those have extra bonus stickers.

Fire Truck and Race Car have no parts listed yet.

I don't have and don’t plan to get the Race Car, but the Fire Truck has no extra stickers. Also, so far as I can tell there are no bonus stickers in the Summer Ninjago series. It might have been a one-time thing, unfortunately.

Talked to a manager at the LEGO store, and apparently we were supposed to get all the new stuff (Hidden Side, SW, etc) today, but due to the Mexico factory shutting down and supply chain issues, it could happen anytime between now and September 1. That’s why they’re all listed as coming soon with no set date on LEGO.com, because it could happen next week or next month. I know Target has them for August 15, so that’s the latest they’ll come out in Target in the US at least, but LEGO stores may even have them earlier depending on how fast they can get it.

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

Talked to a manager at the LEGO store, and apparently we were supposed to get all the new stuff (Hidden Side, SW, etc) today, but due to the Mexico factory shutting down and supply chain issues, it could happen anytime between now and September 1. That’s why they’re all listed as coming soon with no set date on LEGO.com, because it could happen next week or next month. I know Target has them for August 15, so that’s the latest they’ll come out in Target in the US at least, but LEGO stores may even have them earlier depending on how fast they can get it.

I was just about to ask if anyone knew why they were still listed as "coming soon". Thanks! 

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

*gets refresh finger ready* Looks like a tab for S@H will have to always be open...but that does make sense. 

Just went to my local retailer yesterday, and they were having most of the Hidden Side sets for 50% off. So I took that opportunity and bought the set I wanted the most from the theme, that being the Lighthouse of Darkness.

If other people here were waiting for the wave 1 and wave 2 stuff to get discounted, now might be a good time to go and buy what you planned on getting before they completely disappear from shelves. 

Edited by Lego David

On 8/2/2020 at 9:38 PM, tomorrowboy said:

I was just about to ask if anyone knew why they were still listed as "coming soon". Thanks! 

My local Lego store here in Connecticut said they wouldn't have them till September.  I hope Target has them earlier but we will see,  They can't ship them if they don't have them in stock.  So it's just a waiting game at this point.  

On 7/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, BrickJagger said:

For example, in 2017 even Brickset was reported that Nexo Knights was being cancelled at the end of the year, but it got one last wave in spite of their reporting. 

And what a wave that was lest we forget... *huh* :hmpf_bad: :sick: