What Hidden Side is missing the most in my opinion is Bigfig Boss Ghosts. Despite taking such a big chunk of the advertising, those Boss Ghosts are just part of the app and don't appear in physical form, which is really disappointing. 

This, along with the fact that we never got a minifig of Lady E hold back Hidden Side from being a truly great theme in my opinion.

Yeah I was one of many last year bemoaning the lack of bigfig boss ghosts. Such fantastic characters like Capt Archibald or Dr Drewell would have really elevated the whole theme. Not feeling any such vibes from the brick-built slenderman figure, and the Castle guy is only interesting for his new tail piece. Yet Monkie Kid gets Sandy right out of the block :hmpf_bad:

Asdie from that, has anyone seen discounts yet? I'm hoping like with wave 1 we'll see 20-30% off very soon.

7 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Asdie from that, has anyone seen discounts yet? I'm hoping like with wave 1 we'll see 20-30% off very soon.

Highest I've seen is 15% off

1 minute ago, Lucarex said:

Local retailer in NL?

Brickshop.nl, they do ship internationally if that's what you want to know. 

22 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Yeah I was one of many last year bemoaning the lack of bigfig boss ghosts. Such fantastic characters like Capt Archibald or Dr Drewell would have really elevated the whole theme. Not feeling any such vibes from the brick-built slenderman figure, and the Castle guy is only interesting for his new tail piece. Yet Monkie Kid gets Sandy right out of the block :hmpf_bad:

Amen. Though in fairness most of the time bigfigs usually only ever appear in one set, while Sandy’s been in three and counting. Something like making an exclusive bigfig  for every set would have been a tall order . . though there’s no reason for them not to have done Lady E, really. 

I got the Prison at 20% off, and the Castle down to $109 AUD, both at Target for their mid-year sale which is pretty good. The Castle’s disappeared from the site for some reason though. 

22 hours ago, Lego David said:

What Hidden Side is missing the most in my opinion is Bigfig Boss Ghosts. Despite taking such a big chunk of the advertising, those Boss Ghosts are just part of the app and don't appear in physical form, which is really disappointing. 

This, along with the fact that we never got a minifig of Lady E hold back Hidden Side from being a truly great theme in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Amen. Though in fairness most of the time bigfigs usually only ever appear in one set, while Sandy’s been in three and counting. Something like making an exclusive bigfig  for every set would have been a tall order . . though there’s no reason for them not to have done Lady E, really. 

I got the Prison at 20% off, and the Castle down to $109 AUD, both at Target for their mid-year sale which is pretty good. The Castle’s disappeared from the site for some reason though. 

I'd love a brick built ghost myself.  

Would also like a Spitfire whose shark grin nose art is part of the haunted conversion.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1b2du4Q2GCFF04Qd09b7

On 7/6/2020 at 7:03 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Wasn’t there a rumour earlier this year about Jack and Parker being joined by a popular YouTuber (or, y’now, LegoTuber) who Jack’s a huge fan of, coming to Newbury to find out how Jack and Parker do the ‘special effects’ on their videos? And then helping them out upon the discovery that, yes, the ghosts are real? What happened to her? Numi or something like that?

Rami is a vlogger. They're in the Newbury Abandoned Prison set.

I'm disappointed we haven't gotten a "hidden side"/ghost version of Parker yet. Or a ghost/monster cat of some sort she could have as a pet.

3 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

Rami is a vlogger. They're in the Newbury Abandoned Prison set.

I'm disappointed we haven't gotten a "hidden side"/ghost version of Parker yet. Or a ghost/monster cat of some sort she could have as a pet.

Yeah, it's disappointing that character variants have been treated a little unevenly this year. Jack got a Hidden Side variant. Parker got a wetsuit. I also kind of wish J.B. had gotten a new hairpiece with the goggles down over her eyes (like how Jack got the reversed ballcap and Parker got a headphones version this year). Maybe next year...

Perhaps the reason we haven't gotten bigfig ghosts is they would require a new big fig body with a ghost tail piece. 

Edited by Takanuinuva

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Perhaps the reason we haven't gotten bigfig ghosts is they would require a new big fig body with a ghost tail piece. 

I doubt that. I think the main reasons we haven't seen bigfig ghosts is LEGO just not producing translucent bigfig pieces and every big character in HS being so drastically different it would require a ton of new molds, which would then require a lot of budget that Hidden Side may not have. And those bigfigs would also skyrocket the prices for these sets to a point where a lot less people would be interested in them.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I doubt that. I think the main reasons we haven't seen bigfig ghosts is LEGO just not producing translucent bigfig pieces and every big character in HS being so drastically different it would require a ton of new molds, which would then require a lot of budget that Hidden Side may not have. And those bigfigs would also skyrocket the prices for these sets to a point where a lot less people would be interested in them.

I mean, I guess so, but I don't think producing at least one of those bigfigs would do any harm. 

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

I mean, I guess so, but I don't think producing at least one of those bigfigs would do any harm. 

Lady E wasn’t even a bigfig, she was just a minifigure. They should have at least done her . . 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't know if the transparent parts would be the biggest barrier... after all, the smaller physical ghosts we got only had two transparent parts (the heads and the coinjected ghost trails). But that latter component would probably pose a bigger barrier for physical bigfig ghosts, since coinjected parts even in smaller sizes tend to be expensive. And most of the boss ghosts have very different torso and head designs... best case scenario, Lego could create a standard coinjected "lower torso" for the bigfig ghosts to share and mold the upper torso separately, as they have with many ordinary bigfigs ranging from Maui to Gorilla Grodd to Dogshank... but even then the cost of that coinjected lower torso mold plus an upper body mold for each ghost would add up tremendously.

That's a part of why I'm so impressed with the large Nehmar Reem figure. While he's not a typical bigfig, his head shows potential for how Lego might be able to do brick-built ghosts at a bigfig scale. A brick built head and torso and standard bigfig arms and hands could go a long way for many of them, though the ghostly tails would still be an issue... I'm not entirely sure how that could be done effectively at a bigfig scale without a dedicated new component.

Of course, this is all conjectural and not entirely likely. The reality is that the boss ghosts in the app are able to be as widely varied as they are in part BECAUSE they were likely designed without the challenges of physical production in mind. If they had been designed with the intention of being available in the sets physically, chances are the vast majority of them if not all of them would have been designed as standard minifigures, since bigfigs tend to inflate the cost of any set they come in substantially. So as much as we may wish we had gotten those ghosts as figures (and believe me, I agree it would have been cool as heck), that sort of possibility was likely never in the cards in the first place.

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

If they had been designed with the intention of being available in the sets physically, chances are the vast majority of them if not all of them would have been designed as standard minifigures, since bigfigs tend to inflate the cost of any set they come in substantially. 

I would have preferred them to be designed as physical minifigures rather than only appearing in an app that isn't even available on all devices.

The boss ghost could have been hybrid figure with minifig ghost lower half and a bigger upper half examples: 

tnt033.png

nex053.png

hp144.png

Leatherhead was exactly the mold I was hoping they’d make Dr Drewell and Capt Archibald from, given budget constraints. It’d also cut down on ugly visible joints in transparent elements, not to mention allow ghost tails to be attached.

Can’t remember the last time LEGO used a big torso on standard legs, other than Hagrid (not really the same proportions) or Axl (bulk is just armour/mech).

Edited by Lucarex

I agree, the lack of physical big ghosts is one of the things holding this theme back I feel. Still can't believe we never even got a minifig of Lady E in the end...

On 7/11/2020 at 2:47 PM, Lucarex said:

Leatherhead was exactly the mold I was hoping they’d make Dr Drewell and Capt Archibald from, given budget constraints. It’d also cut down on ugly visible joints in transparent elements, not to mention allow ghost tails to be attached.

Can’t remember the last time LEGO used a big torso on standard legs, other than Hagrid (not really the same proportions) or Axl (bulk is just armour/mech).

Huh, I hadn't considered the possibility of making the boss ghosts mid-sized like Axl. That could potentially work really well, even if some of them shared a torso mold—though there are several who would decidedly need their own discrete torso molds or at the very least connection points on their back to build onto.

It's times like this I wish I were more skilled with 3D modeling software... I'd love to draft up some more "toyetic" designs that could work for some of those characters.

Considering Ninjago's 10th year next year, I wonder if they bring back some ghost parts along with it via Legacy, and use some of the parts in Hidden Side 

2020 did see a 2015 Legacy set with the Jungle Raider, so wouldn't surprise me to see more 2015 sets remade next year.

The 2015 Ninjago Possession theme had Trans Neon Yellow and Spring Green parts all over it.

Minifigure legs :

6125992.jpg6196068.jpg6133092.jpg6127359.jpg

Ghosts & Spider :

6117248.jpg6117264.jpg4120133.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Considering Ninjago's 10th year next year, I wonder if they bring back some ghost parts along with it via Legacy, and use some of the parts in Hidden Side 

2020 did see a 2015 Legacy set with the Jungle Raider, so wouldn't surprise me to see more 2015 sets remade next year.

The 2015 Ninjago Possession theme had Trans Neon Yellow and Spring Green parts all over it.

Minifigure legs :

Ghosts & Spider :

I doubt they'd reuse any new printed parts from Ninjago within Hidden Side in the same wave. And as for molds, only the Skreemer (the ghost headgear piece) and the old spider (which has largely been replaced with the newer, more realistic one) have yet to appear in Hidden Side.

I think if anything it might be more worth asking the opposite—whether remakes of Ninjago's ghost villains could maybe make use of some of the newer molds from Hidden Side, such as the ghostly accessory pack from this year.

Edited by Lyichir

26 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I doubt they'd reuse any new printed parts from Ninjago within Hidden Side in the same wave. And as for molds, only the Skreemer (the ghost headgear piece) and the old spider (which has largely been replaced with the newer, more realistic one) have yet to appear in Hidden Side.

I think if anything it might be more worth asking the opposite—whether remakes of Ninjago's ghost villains could maybe make use of some of the newer molds from Hidden Side, such as the ghostly accessory pack from this year.

Wasn't really suggesting  the prints, just the colors would be nice to get in Hidden Side, regardless of Ninjago, it showed that transparent legs could be widely used and so far haven't appeared in Hidden Side, beside ghost legs.

There were newer spiders in the Welcome to Hidden Side , and Highschool sets, so getting them in transparent might be nice if possible (they did glow in the dark before) , at the very least spring green.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Has anyone bought the castle? Would like to hear some impressions about it. 

It’s gorgeous. Surprisingly compact for such a large build, and there’s a lot of interior space. People pan it for not having much furniture, but that’s really only a problem on the lowermost levels in the ‘prison cell’ areas and there’s some nice sticker detail in places. It’s not as good as the High School but I still like it a lot. Plus Nehmaar Reem is a gorgeous figure.

11 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Has anyone bought the castle? Would like to hear some impressions about it. 

Yeah, I even posted a review of it on my YouTube channel *cough*shameless self promotion*cough*. Long story short, I really really like it. Like Fenghuang0296 said, there's lots of space on the lower levels, some of it a bit under-utilised. In contrast, my biggest complaint, is the top floor is too crowded. Especially when the floor space is so shallow. despite that though, it is an excellent set. Definitely one of my favourite in the theme so far.