On 6/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, Lego David said:

To my knowledge, direct sequel themes are something LEGO has never done before, so I doubt that will happen. 

Hasn't Ninjago been retconned into a sequel to the old Clutch Powers movie?

22 minutes ago, Killian said:

Clutch Powers wasn’t a theme. It was a one-off movie that for whatever reason never got any direct tie-in sets and was instead a hodgepodge of advertising for most of the original themes on the market at the time. 

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Calling it a "sequel" is a serious stretch. Clutch Powers cameos in Ninjago, but Ninjago neither acknowledges nor follows up on any of the plotlines from the Clutch Powers movie.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Calling it a "sequel" is a serious stretch. Clutch Powers cameos in Ninjago, but Ninjago neither acknowledges nor follows up on any of the plotlines from the Clutch Powers movie.

There are some fun, yet loose connections to pull at, such as the villain "Omega" ominously mentioned in Clutch Powers being the same name the lead Oni bears in Season 10 of the Ninjago. They do also bring up that Clutch has had a long career in the show, but, as you said, never really gets explicit into details.

I've been passively enjoying this theme for awhile. I had reservations at first but I'm finally dipping my toes in. The Shrimp Boat set was easily my favorite of wave 1 and I finally got it. I also recently watched all the webisodes for the first time and I enjoyed them for what they are. I've also dabbled with the app, it's not best thing ever but it's okay for what it is. I feel like it could've been much more given how much they focused on its integration with the sets. While not all the sets are for me and I don't see myself buying many, I like what they're trying to do and as a die-hard Bionicle fan it warms my heart to see not one but now two references in this theme in the form of stickered parts. I'm still grieving over the loss of the LEGO ideas set not being selected... anyway, of the 3rd wave of sets, I might pick up the Supernatural Race Car as it's cheap, I like how it looks and I like the figures plus I like Von as a character. I really like the design of the new arch villain and the obvious Slenderman influences. This theme on the whole has really pulled from all kinds of spooky/horror themes and that's something I really like about it. The Shrimp Boat set in particular gives me serious Cthulhu vibes and I really, really want to see more of that. I've really wanted to see a LEGO theme inspired by Cthulhu/Lovecraft stuff for a long time and HS has come the closest. Assuming this theme gets another wave I really, really hope to see more sets that fit that style. I'd be ecstatic if we get set that includes basically a strait up Cthulhu like they did with this obvious Slenderman-inspired character. I could totally see them doing a large brick-built psuedo-Cthulhu in the vein of the Crystal King set from Power Miners or the Stone Colossus from Nexo Knights: A large brick-built boss monster to send off the theme with a handful of minifigs and a small side build. Sorry to do a bit of wish-listing but it's something I'd really love to see.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'd be ecstatic if we get set that includes basically a strait up Cthulhu like they did with this obvious Slenderman-inspired character. I could totally see them doing a large brick-built psuedo-Cthulhu in the vein of the Crystal King set from Power Miners or the Stone Colossus from Nexo Knights: A large brick-built boss monster to send off the theme with a handful of minifigs and a small side build. Sorry to do a bit of wish-listing but it's something I'd really love to see.

It’s spelled ‘Vaughn’.

That would be cool, but how would it work with the AR? I honestly can’t see a big monster in this theme unless it has very limited articulation. It’d be too hard for the app to recognise it as such and still retain poseability. (I don’t have the Phantom Fire Truck yet, but I’m pretty sure that Mech only works because it folds down and becomes part of the truck in a fixed position.)

5 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It’s spelled ‘Vaughn’.

That would be cool, but how would it work with the AR? I honestly can’t see a big monster in this theme unless it has very limited articulation. It’d be too hard for the app to recognise it as such and still retain poseability. (I don’t have the Phantom Fire Truck yet, but I’m pretty sure that Mech only works because it folds down and becomes part of the truck in a fixed position.)

For what it's worth, the Stone Colossus from Nexo Knights that they mention itself had rather limited articulation (mostly limited to the arms and wings). It's not too hard to fathom something similar being done for Hidden Side—especially since the AR version could be somewhat animated to compensate for more limited articulation in the monster itself. With that said, something smaller like the Crystal King could also potentially be released to accompany a more AR-friendly model, sort of like how the larger Nehmaar Reem in the fire truck or the buggy in the Diner set complement the build without actually playing a part in the AR functionality.

For me, i'm not sure what I'd like most if the theme is to continue. As much as I like it, I would be relatively satisfied if it ended on the sort of climactic note this year's sets seem to build up to. I'd still possibly be interested in another set set within the Hidden Side itself (ideally with a blue "sad" ghost and perhaps spectral variants of Parker or J.B.). And there's so many ideas I've had for haunted locations (like a car wash or bowling alley) or ghost-fighting vehicles (like a beefy stunt bike for El Fuego or a ghost-capturing garbage truck with Junkbot assistant for J.B.). But ultimately those don't really dictate a particular direction for the story, and if we didn't get them I think they'd be just as feasible as MOC ideas instead of official sets.

14 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I've been passively enjoying this theme for awhile. I had reservations at first but I'm finally dipping my toes in. The Shrimp Boat set was easily my favorite of wave 1 and I finally got it. I also recently watched all the webisodes for the first time and I enjoyed them for what they are. I've also dabbled with the app, it's not best thing ever but it's okay for what it is. I feel like it could've been much more given how much they focused on its integration with the sets. While not all the sets are for me and I don't see myself buying many, I like what they're trying to do and as a die-hard Bionicle fan it warms my heart to see not one but now two references in this theme in the form of stickered parts. I'm still grieving over the loss of the LEGO ideas set not being selected... anyway, of the 3rd wave of sets, I might pick up the Supernatural Race Car as it's cheap, I like how it looks and I like the figures plus I like Von as a character. I really like the design of the new arch villain and the obvious Slenderman influences. This theme on the whole has really pulled from all kinds of spooky/horror themes and that's something I really like about it. The Shrimp Boat set in particular gives me serious Cthulhu vibes and I really, really want to see more of that. I've really wanted to see a LEGO theme inspired by Cthulhu/Lovecraft stuff for a long time and HS has come the closest. Assuming this theme gets another wave I really, really hope to see more sets that fit that style. I'd be ecstatic if we get set that includes basically a strait up Cthulhu like they did with this obvious Slenderman-inspired character. I could totally see them doing a large brick-built psuedo-Cthulhu in the vein of the Crystal King set from Power Miners or the Stone Colossus from Nexo Knights: A large brick-built boss monster to send off the theme with a handful of minifigs and a small side build. Sorry to do a bit of wish-listing but it's something I'd really love to see.

I made a Lego Cthulhu.

50044666568_47b2ba948e_c.jpg!                                                         s-l500 by renzoknight

On 6/25/2020 at 4:53 AM, Fenghuang0296 said:

It’s spelled ‘Vaughn’.

Sorry, "Vaughn". I mean, his name is Vaughn Geist Jackson, can you blame me for thinking it was "Von" Geist? Lol 

I was referencing the Crystal King and Stone Colossus in terms if the type of set they are, ie large final boss type set for the end of a theme. I definitely wouldn't expect or want anything nearly as big and expensive as the Stone Colossus but something somewhere between the size of the Crystal King and Stone Colossus. I agree that it wouldn't be able to have much articulation but LEGO's mechs/brick-built creatures rarely do so it really wouldn't be anything different. If something as large as the school or the new castle can fit in the AR space for the app, I think a decent sized monster definitely could. 

On 6/25/2020 at 5:45 PM, Killian said:

Nice! I made my own as well. I really wish the digigrade minifig legs came in more colors and was more common, I love those legs and they'd be great for Cthulhu. I've tried using Stripe's legs from the Gremlins figure but then the head is so mismatched because it only comes in 2 colors. This is the best I've come up with so far.

rps20200626_203534_2.jpg.2d76dcc146ea39f4c478aa9f808d2c8a.jpg

Is the summer wave the last wave? 

I got tired waiting for my favorite Avengers set and got El Fuegos Stunt Plane.  Might not go back, love all the little details.  Skeleton Fuego is my favorite minifig now.  Jack looks great.  Kind of interested in Welcome to The Hidden side and maybe the subway.  I think the Bus and the Firetruck look great, hoping to see more.   Im in to the medium sized sets.

4 hours ago, Rayskull said:

I got tired waiting for my favorite Avengers set and got El Fuegos Stunt Plane.  Might not go back, love all the little details.  Skeleton Fuego is my favorite minifig now.  Jack looks great.  Kind of interested in Welcome to The Hidden side and maybe the subway.  I think the Bus and the Firetruck look great, hoping to see more.   Im in to the medium sized sets.

A reliable leaker (can’t remember if it was Falconfan or Ninjawhip or someone else, sorry) said there’d be more in 2021. The Stunt Plane is indeed great, it’s the centrepiece of my airstrip. I do recommend Welcome to the Hidden Side, it’s gorgeous.

I just got the Mystery Castle today. It’s a wonderful design, the central part of it in particular is great. Though it could use a more in-depth transformation feature . . also there’s a lot of details and hints about the plot in the stickers.

Spoiler

There’s one easily missed sticker that shows a huge portal eating Saturn. Another one in the tower indicates that the three gemstones (red in the Prison, yellow in the Fire Truck, green in the Sub) unite together to create a portal, presumably to Nehmaar Reem’s dimension. Also while the instructions have you placing the gems on the top floor of the ‘manor’ area, there’s a receptacle at the top of the right tower that seems positively made for it. I figure that the plot will be about Nehmaar Reem collecting the three crystals and it’ll end in a mad scramble to stop him from bringing the completed array to the receptacle in the tower and opening the portal. 

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

A reliable leaker (can’t remember if it was Falconfan or Ninjawhip or someone else, sorry) said there’d be more in 2021. The Stunt Plane is indeed great, it’s the centrepiece of my airstrip. I do recommend Welcome to the Hidden Side, it’s gorgeous.

I just got the Mystery Castle today. It’s a wonderful design, the central part of it in particular is great. Though it could use a more in-depth transformation feature . . also there’s a lot of details and hints about the plot in the stickers.

Reveal hidden contents

There’s one easily missed sticker that shows a huge portal eating Saturn. Another one in the tower indicates that the three gemstones (red in the Prison, yellow in the Fire Truck, green in the Sub) unite together to create a portal, presumably to Nehmaar Reem’s dimension. Also while the instructions have you placing the gems on the top floor of the ‘manor’ area, there’s a receptacle at the top of the right tower that seems positively made for it. I figure that the plot will be about Nehmaar Reem collecting the three crystals and it’ll end in a mad scramble to stop him from bringing the completed array to the receptacle in the tower and opening the portal. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Hide contents

Just took a close look at the mystery castle.  The pictures seem to tell a sad story.  Like the Sliderman could be missing his wife, may have been corrupted or toopled by monstrous forces.

I hope there's more straight up ghosts, less possessed and less cryptids and maybe a brick built ghost.  Id like to have something for my Stunt plane to hunt.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:31 PM, Rayskull said:

I would definitely recommend Welcome to the Hidden Side, even just for the minifigs alone(all exclusive). The build is pretty cool too, so worth it in that regard as well. 

I want them to do a Newbury Pier with haunted warehouses, and a Lovecraftian tentacled sea monster in the water under the pier.

A set that could compliment the Lighthouse and fishing boat sets, maybe fit in with the Creator Bait Shop, which feels like it belongs in Newbury to me

2 hours ago, steveholt said:

I'd love to see some more Sci-Fi'd up vehicles like the School Bus and Firetruck 

One idea I've had for one that I'd really like for multiple reasons would be a souped up garbage truck, with a cell/storage tank for captured ghosts in the back. Ideally with a Junkbot-inspired robot assistant for J.B. like the TeeVee in the fire truck set!

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I want them to do a Newbury Pier with haunted warehouses, and a Lovecraftian tentacled sea monster in the water under the pier.

A set that could compliment the Lighthouse and fishing boat sets, maybe fit in with the Creator Bait Shop, which feels like it belongs in Newbury to me

A Kraken would be amazing. As would a pier. I won't promote for obvious reasons but one of the clone brands has an extension Fishing Pier for the Ideas Old Fishing Store set. But it's not Lego and instead the the setup we have is HS lighthouse and shrimpboat adjacent to the OFS. It blends perfectly.

Edited by Lucarex

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

One idea I've had for one that I'd really like for multiple reasons would be a souped up garbage truck, with a cell/storage tank for captured ghosts in the back. Ideally with a Junkbot-inspired robot assistant for J.B. like the TeeVee in the fire truck set!

I'd like to see a scifi Ambulance and a possessed Cop car

2 minutes ago, steveholt said:

I'd like to see a scifi Ambulance and a possessed Cop car

I’d like to see new torso and leg designs for Jack and Parker. We have so many near-identical figures like come on . . 

49 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’d like to see new torso and leg designs for Jack and Parker. We have so many near-identical figures like come on . . 

Or just better characters than Jack and Parker to begin with, out of all LEGO original themes Hidden Side is probably the theme with the least interesting main characters. Couldn't care less about those 2

They need more main characters

I said this from the beggining. At least 2 more teenagers. Even if that's too much Scooby Doo-ish

Just now, Robert8 said:

They need more main characters

I said this from the beggining. At least 2 more teenagers. Even if that's too much Scooby Doo-ish

Wasn’t there a rumour earlier this year about Jack and Parker being joined by a popular YouTuber (or, y’now, LegoTuber) who Jack’s a huge fan of, coming to Newbury to find out how Jack and Parker do the ‘special effects’ on their videos? And then helping them out upon the discovery that, yes, the ghosts are real? What happened to her? Numi or something like that?

First time I'm hearing about that

The problem is that Jack and Parker wear always the same clothes, like most of cartoons do (so kids can recognize the characters)

But that doesn't translate well into LEGO sets, because you'll have an army of Parkers and Jays

And on top of that, they look too City-ish. At least the Monster Fighters were 5 characters with a retro/steampunk vibe going on

---------------

Maybe add a little green alien that only Jack can see hahahaa