10 minutes ago, kelceycoe said:

Why are there no Hidden Side sets in the new SAH catalog here in the US?

Because the sets don't come out untill July and that catalog only shows stuff from june and earlier

11 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You mean august?

Earliest releasedate for the HS sets is July 1st so regardless of where you live the sets wouldn't have popped up in that catalogue

So I vaguely remember @just2good saying something about how the ‘Rami’ figure, with the teal and purple jacket, in the Prison set is the sigfig of a LEGO designer? Does anyone have more information on that?

28 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So I vaguely remember @just2good saying something about how the ‘Rami’ figure, with the teal and purple jacket, in the Prison set is the sigfig of a LEGO designer? Does anyone have more information on that?

A similar figure is in the new Haunted House, and the designer is Toothdominoes

Edited by TeriXeri

26 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It represents Niek van Slagmaat's sigfig, AKA ToothDominoes. He also appears in the haunted house! Here's a list of sets he's been a part of making: https://brickset.com/sets/list-24652

31 minutes ago, legozebra said:

It represents Niek van Slagmaat's sigfig, AKA ToothDominoes. He also appears in the haunted house! Here's a list of sets he's been a part of making: https://brickset.com/sets/list-24652

Very cool. Thanks! It’s a gorgeous figure, even if I think he’s a bit out of place in the prison. 
Speaking of, I just finished building the prison and it’s a pretty gorgeous set. I like it a lot, especially the transformation feature, which I think is the best ‘possession’ feature in the whole line except for last year’s High School. Toothdominoes deserves credits especially for using a rare colour like olive green.
Shame I’m going to have to rip it apart to convert into a jailhouse that’ll fit into the available space in my city. Heh. :tongue:

EDIT: Also! I can’t believe I almost missed this, but the ‘ghost head’ in the Prison set is totally new! I thought it was just a reuse of one of the common ones from last year, the one that comes in the Juice Bar and a few other sets. But it’s a totally new ghost face with a moustache! We can make mafia ghosts! (I don’t know why that was the first thing I thought of but now I’m going to do it.)

Finally built the Portal Tree set (70427: Welcome to the Hidden Side ), I think it's a unique set , and getting 3 physical ghosts is nice in a small set like that, and some nice parts in black & medium azure.

And the blue version of Jack is unique enough as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Based on the last webisode, I assume Lady E is no longer featured in this line?  Nehmaar Reem will be the main antagonist and presumably the leader of the ghosts from now on?

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Based on the last webisode, I assume Lady E is no longer featured in this line?  Nehmaar Reem will be the main antagonist and presumably the leader of the ghosts from now on?

Well there’s a theory going around that, since his title is ‘The Harbinger’, he’s actually more like the herald of some bigger threat. Also, he’s supposedly from another dimension that isn’t the Hidden Side and technically not even a ghost. Sooo . . we really just don’t know yet. 

20 hours ago, Killian said:

I don't think he is the new leader of the ghosts. He has the shadow walkers, descriptions say he brings the end of the world so it kinda sounds like a conclusion for Hidden Side to me. 

Edited by Harkonen

18 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Well there’s a theory going around that, since his title is ‘The Harbinger’, he’s actually more like the herald of some bigger threat. Also, he’s supposedly from another dimension that isn’t the Hidden Side and technically not even a ghost. Sooo . . we really just don’t know yet. 

o.o Whatever is going with this theme?

That sounds really out there for a theme like Hidden Side... 

I myself posted about how they needed to move on from the original premise because it was already getting old by wave 2, but this sounds like a different theme all together 

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

o.o Whatever is going with this theme?

That sounds really out there for a theme like Hidden Side... 

I myself posted about how they needed to move on from the original premise because it was already getting old by wave 2, but this sounds like a different theme all together 

Here are his descriptions:

-When our heroes discover traces of an unknown silver-colored ooze, J.B. Watt tries to trace its origins in her lab. Evidence suggests it’s not from our world, and it doesn’t have the same energy signature as anything they’ve seen from the Hidden Side before… A mysterious harbinger from a dimension beyond the Hidden Side may hold the answers… Stay tuned…

-Our heroes discover traces of a strange silver-colored ooze that’s neither from our world, nor the Hidden Side. It turns out to be from a mysterious Harbinger with a message from a dimension beyond the Hidden Side: “Sorry, guys, the end of the world is near.” Yeah. It’s not the best of news.

Sounds like an extension of the Hidden Side with the villains from another dimension. I doubt it means the end of the theme.

It would be interesting if they revamp the theme all together, with a new name 

Like a sequel theme. 

(Maybe Nexo Side? lol)

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Harkonen said:

-When our heroes discover traces of an unknown silver-colored ooze, J.B. Watt tries to trace its origins in her lab. Evidence suggests it’s not from our world, and it doesn’t have the same energy signature as anything they’ve seen from the Hidden Side before… A mysterious harbinger from a dimension beyond the Hidden Side may hold the answers… Stay tuned…

-Our heroes discover traces of a strange silver-colored ooze that’s neither from our world, nor the Hidden Side. It turns out to be from a mysterious Harbinger with a message from a dimension beyond the Hidden Side: “Sorry, guys, the end of the world is near.” Yeah. It’s not the best of news.

Promising setup for a third year! I hope this 'greater boss' will look similarly evil to Nehmaar Reem. I'm a bit cautious of that last sentence, in my ears it has this silly or comic undertone. I don't want another Jestro goofball villain. 

Spoiler

Maybe it's Lord Vortech! :oh: :grin:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Promising setup for a third year! I hope this 'greater boss' will look similarly evil to Nehmaar Reem. I'm a bit cautious of that last sentence, in my ears it has this silly or comic undertone. I don't want another Jestro goofball villain. 

Reveal hidden contents

This greater threat probably just refers to the Boss ''Ghost'' from the Mystery Castle set, the one with a giant mouth on it's stomach

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Hide contents

The entries on the website are written “in character” so things are usually played off a bit more joking-ly than they usually portray in the series. 

also, remember the writer of the series did say earlier this year that there would be more shorts “and the main event” while talking about hidden side (Before the wave 2 shorts aired) on twitter, so it’s possible that this new threat will also see hidden side graduate beyond just shorts and get a direct to video movie or longer episodes to work with.

Given the more positive views I’ve been seeing about the new sets online (most negativity I’ve seen is just directed at the car and occasionally the sub, with the bus and locations getting favorable reviews so far.), I could see hidden side growing into its own a bit more with another wave or two and really living up to its potential. I just hope we get more brick built baddies like the version of the harbinger from the bus set. Would love to see a four armed monster or something like mothman...

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Like a sequel theme

To my knowledge, direct sequel themes are something LEGO has never done before, so I doubt that will happen. 

Edited by Lego David

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

To my knowledge, direct sequel themes are something LEGO has never done before, so I doubt that will happen. 

That is what would make it interesting

11 hours ago, Lego David said:

Isn't Orient Expedition a sequel theme? 

I built the castle today. Loved it. As I went through I felt that the designer really cared for it. It even has a replacement sticker sheet for clear back stickers. 

2 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Isn't Orient Expedition a sequel theme? 

Yes it was! So wasn't the Dino Island and the Amazon sets!