8 hours ago, toothdominoes said:

Lol, I figured this would be the most polarizing one. As I did not have enough characters to explain it in a tweet, I’ll elaborate a bit.

Nexo has its angular shapes, blues and neon oranges. Ninjago has gold, brown and the bold ninja color schemes.

Because Hidden Side is rooted in the real world, all our sets, in some state or another look like things you could find in real life. In order to tie them together as bad guy and good guy vehicles, we decided to establish a clear color decide. Muted and darker tones for the bad guy vehicles and locations. Bright and saturated colors for the good guy vehicles. Vaughn’s car is where the two meet as he is a ghost but he is also a good guy character. 

The reason the dark red truck was done up with all the stickers is because we ended up testing it with kids against the bright red one and the bright red one won by an overwhelming margin. I can throw a bunch of design theory at it, but in the end, that is all that matters. :p

Thanks for the explanation! Definetely makes more sense now :wink:

12 hours ago, toothdominoes said:

...we ended up testing it with kids against the bright red one and the bright red one won by an overwhelming margin...

...Vaughn’s car is where the two meet as he is a ghost but he is also a good guy character. 

You need to find more diverse kids with better taste in those focus groups :wink: (mine was all for the dark red, his “noooo why????” says it all). 

I guess that duality good/bad is also why the High School ended up in that lovely dark red, although kudos to that set’s design team for being brave as it could have just been boring Hogwarts-like tan. 

Edited by Lucarex

Say, is anyone still having trouble finding images of the Ghost Firetruck 3000? Because there’s a lot here;

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-hidden-side-bilder-sommer-2020/99449/

Also, best I can make out on the box, the big Slender monster has the name ‘Nehmaar Reem - The Mirror Man’. So I feel like we’re going to have a ‘This isn’t even my final form’ moment with the version of Nehmaar in the castle eventually.

7 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Say, is anyone still having trouble finding images of the Ghost Firetruck 3000? Because there’s a lot here;

Also, best I can make out on the box, the big Slender monster has the name ‘Nehmaar Reem - The Mirror Man’. So I feel like we’re going to have a ‘This isn’t even my final form’ moment with the version of Nehmaar in the castle eventually.

Already mentioned a few pages back and Brickset did a review on the set on wednesday. The images are pretty easy to find now :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Already mentioned a few pages back and Brickset did a review on the set on wednesday. The images are pretty easy to find now :wink:

Oh, good. Just wanted to make sure.

11 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It's actually Nehmaar Reem - The Harbinger. So he could just be a warning of a bigger threat coming, which might mean another wave

9 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

It's actually Nehmaar Reem - The Harbinger. So he could just be a warning of a bigger threat coming, which might mean another wave

Is it really? I wondered if I had it wrong. Now that’s exciting!

5 hours ago, Fifulin said:

So he could just be a warning of a bigger threat coming, which might mean another wave

Hopefully. Though given that this is Hidden Side, he could just be the harbinger of the castle set's boss ghost (the ghost with the mouth stomach that we see on the box art).

Does anyone know the actual release date for the new sets ?

50 minutes ago, Mr G said:

Does anyone know the actual release date for the new sets ?

June 1st

Apparantly it's early july for S@H with a possible earlier release in late june for general retailers

Edited by Guyon2002

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

June 1st

Apparantly it's early july for S@H with a possible earlier release in late june for general retailers

Thanks Guyon. I wondered why I couldn’t pre order a few sets!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

June 1st

Source? It was always June 1st wasn’t it, so there’s a delay now?

2 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Source? It was always June 1st wasn’t it, so there’s a delay now?

Stonewars and Promobricks

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It still says June 1st on s@h and I couldn‘t find anything about a delay on either website :shrug_confused:

Hmm S@H does indeed say June 1st but I checked some other stores that have them up and they say July. Maybe it's a S@H exclusive for a short time?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars and Promobricks

Wheres the article then, not one US or Europe store has the listings for the new HS stuff or say July except the Europe Lego Stores.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

4 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Wheres the article then, not one US or Europe store has the listings for the new HS stuff or say July except the Europe Lego Stores.

The articles are incredibly easy to find but here you go.

Stonewars: "Alle Sets erscheinen im Juli 2020 und dürfen ein paar Tage früher (also ab Ende Juni) im Einzelhandel verkauft werden und gehen dann wohl auch im LEGO Online Shop in den Verkauf."

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-hidden-side-neuheiten-sommer-2020/

Promobricks: ''Eine Veröffentlichung der Sets im LEGO Online-Shop und im freien Handel ist für Ende Juni geplant."

And a couple of stores here in the Netherlands also have it listed as a July 1st release so the general ''conclusion'' I can make from this info is a late-june / early-july release for at least the normal retail stores. Like I said, they might be exclusive to LEGO themselves for the first month. But we'll see.

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like I said, they might be exclusive to LEGO themselves for the first month. But we'll see.

I think that's the most likely explanation. Will wait a few weeks anyway in case of likely promo discounts like launch wave last year.

To any Australians wondering, the sets appear to be releasing on S@H and most general retailers on June 1st. I forget that that’s only a few days away because time doesn’t seem to mean anything at the moment...

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nehmaar Reem

Thanks. I found him on a Hidden Side wiki. Apparently he is from another dimension and not from the Hidden Side. 

On 6/4/2020 at 1:26 AM, Harkonen said:

Thanks. I found him on a Hidden Side wiki. Apparently he is from another dimension and not from the Hidden Side. 

Really? That’ll be interesting. 

Quick update for anyone down under; Amazon has all the new Hidden Side sets in stock except the Mystery Castle. I’m trying to put an order in for the Prison but having trouble with a bugged promotion, but don’t let that stop any of you.

21 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Quick update for anyone down under; Amazon has all the new Hidden Side sets in stock except the Mystery Castle. I’m trying to put an order in for the Prison but having trouble with a bugged promotion, but don’t let that stop any of you.

Not in Amazon Europe. Had a look out of curiosity and the Castle is now available by the way.