Looks like the leg thing for the bad guy isn’t a full leg piece like we’ve had before and instead the fig has regular legs that stand within the cloud which is super cool.

Color scheme looks great, except for the astronomy tower. Looks really out of place IMO to only have the tan in that one place. Really hope those stain glass windows aren't stickers

Over all I love this set, IMO the second best after the high school (which Im still annoyed I never picked up when it was on shelves :hmpf_bad:)

Monster Fighters castle is better, but this is still very good set. The inside of the castle is practically empty which I do not like, but the exterior is pretty good. I'm going to combine the old and the new set and make one XL Dracula castle. :pir-skel: 

Other than the spring green eyes/teeth on the main door of the Castle (do they even move?), it’s a shame there doesn’t appear to be any other proper transformation play features at all. No pop out claws, no ghostly tentacles in the towers, nothing really, unless I’m mistaken?

Really have a new-found appreciation of the High School, and regretting not picking it up on discount for 60-something around Christmas time.

Ok, just saw the Castle, I love that it's 90% Grey ,as I intended to use it as my Nexo Knight Stone monster base and this does not disappoint at all, it even has blue decorations within the grey.

I don't mind the tower being different at all, still looks great.

It opens up on the front like Knighton Castle, which isn't a bad thing for interior access.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Ok, just saw the Castle, I love that it's 90% Grey ,as I intended to use it as my Nexo Knight Stone monster base and this does not disappoint at all, it even has blue decorations within the grey.

I don't mind the tower being different at all, still looks great.

It opens up on the front like Knighton Castle, which is good, as it also means easy access to the interior from the back.

It looks like there’s some kind of mechanism on the ground floor. I think it rotates the eyes and brings those branches with the blue foliage out. 

And it looks like opening up the castle IS the transformation feature. If you look closely, there are curved panels with stickers on them that show ‘mouth vortexes’ similar to the ones in the High School’s mouth that are only visible while it’s opened up. And there’s a lot of ghost build stuff on the inside wall that is . . not hidden but hard to see when it’s closed up. Which kind of sucks but I guess they didn’t want it to be ‘Haunted High School but in grey’. 

I still think that the castle actually does open up in-universe, not just as a play set, but it’s actually supposed to be reaching forward like a giant sideways mouth and ‘eating’ whatever wanders in front of it. 

If I buy the castle... I'm considering turning it into a "headquarters" for the actual Monster Fighters themselves from 2012. I was disappointed that line only gave them vehicles and no actual castle like the videos showed especially since LEGO has pretty much given each the good guys and bad guys their own vehicle and fort since the Pirates debut in 1989. For furniture, I'll likely reuse stuff from my second Vampire castle I bought so it can now appear less cluttered.

22 minutes ago, kelceycoe said:

If I buy the castle... I'm considering turning it into a "headquarters" for the actual Monster Fighters themselves from 2012. I was disappointed that line only gave them vehicles and no actual castle like the videos showed especially since LEGO has pretty much given each the good guys and bad guys their own vehicle and fort since the Pirates debut in 1989. For furniture, I'll likely reuse stuff from my second Vampire castle I bought so it can now appear less cluttered.

Great idea! I never got any Monster Fighters stuff, I was a little kid at the time and way too interested in Power Miners and then Atlantis to think about any other theme. But I’d love to see that!

I plan to use it as the base of operations for my new faction of anarchist revolutionaries. My layout  is a fantasy/floating island setting, and there’s something about the image of a giant flying possessed castle that eats ships and buildings that I really love. 

Considering picking up the Monster Fighter one off bricklink and combining it with this into a larger castle.

I must say that I liked the concept from the get-go, but this wave has knocked it out the park for me so much that I’ve ventured over here from Licenced. I love the prison set, which will be winging its way into a Pena Dura MOC, and I love the fire truck even though I don’t want it. 

So we have the name of the main villain leaked by Falconfan, credit to promobricks and stonewars.   ‘Nehmaar Reem’. Interestingly, it’s a corruption and reversion of ‘Mirror Man’ - Meer Raamhen.

He looks awesome and I can’t wait to find out more.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So we have the name of the main villain leaked by Falconfan, credit to promobricks and stonewars.   ‘Nehmaar Reem’. Interestingly, it’s a corruption and reversion of ‘Mirror Man’ - Meer Raamhen.

He looks awesome and I can’t wait to find out more.

Any confirmation on if reem is going to be the ghost in the fire truck set too, or just the castle? Can’t tell if it’s 2 forms of the same guy or 2 different characters with how blurry the truck pics are.

Just now, mrfang2 said:

Any confirmation on if reem is going to be the ghost in the fire truck set too, or just the castle? Can’t tell if it’s 2 forms of the same guy or 2 different characters with how blurry the truck pics are.

It looks like the same guy to me. Same face, anyway. Can’t be certain though. 

And we’ve had HD pics for days. Check @falconfan1414.

Also, hey, I just noticed; there’s a trapdoor where the blue patch of carpet is. That’s exciting. It lets you dump people out into the courtyard. Or maybe the mouth of the castle creature.

8 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It looks like the same guy to me. Same face, anyway. Can’t be certain though. 

And we’ve had HD pics for days. Check @falconfan1414.

Also, hey, I just noticed; there’s a trapdoor where the blue patch of carpet is. That’s exciting. It lets you dump people out into the courtyard. Or maybe the mouth of the castle creature.

Unfortunately the fire truck was the one set we didn't get clearer pics of (apart from the turnaround video). Hoping we get to see some of the alt pics of that one soon.

I've noticed a couple neat new parts in these sets, by the way. Besides the neat figure parts and such, there's a new 4x8 "half octagon" plate used for several floors of the towers in the castle. And the fire truck looks to have a new 1x2x1 half cylinder piece, used for the yellow/black rotating barrels on the sides of the cab.

On 4/27/2020 at 6:57 AM, Harkonen said:

So, since the sad ghost is not in hidden side or ninjago... Where is that one from? 

Well our white ghostly friend clearly appears on the box art of a new leaked Creator Expert Haunted House Attraction (10273) which has no CE branding just a new “Fairground Collection” design.

It looks amazing and huge (with a tower and a handful of minifigs) with possibly lightbrick (says “batteries included”) at 3231 pieces and rumoured to be €229.

Edited by Lucarex

4 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Well our white ghostly friend clearly appears on the box art of a new leaked Creator Expert Haunted House Attraction (10273) which has no CE branding just a new “Fairground Collection” design.

It looks amazing and huge (with a tower and a handful of minifigs) with possibly lightbrick (says “batteries included”) at 3231 pieces and rumoured to be €229.

I sort of expected it would be something like that. Rather than sharing the Hidden Side design language, that sheet ghost seemed clearly inspired by the classic ghost fig's facial expression, which led me to expect it to appear as an "easter egg" for some other spooky or Halloween-themed set.

Personally, my best guess for the retro ghost was the new Ninjago wave, as a sort of call-back to how the first ghost minifigs were included in castle sets.

That said I ain't complaining about this.

So why are there so few pics of the fire truck? From what I've found all the other sets got multiple pictures. But the Fire truck only has 1 and the box art.

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

So why are there so few pics of the fire truck? From what I've found all the other sets got multiple pictures. But the Fire truck only has 1 and the box art.

There are a few other pics out there. But the sparcity may mean its a retail exclusive. Probably Target. The one thing we know from other pics is the big blue thing on the back comes off and forms a mecha. Sort of like that one Galaxy Squad Green set. 

1 hour ago, Faefrost said:

But the sparcity may mean its a retail exclusive. Probably Target.

Retail exclusives are no longer a thing for Lego. Also, this wave would then have only 4 sets, also extremely unlikely.

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Retail exclusives are no longer a thing for Lego. Also, this wave would then have only 4 sets, also extremely unlikely.

Where'd you get that from? The new Burrow set is a retailer exclusive

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Where'd you get that from? The new Burrow set is a retailer exclusive

I believe, more specifically, retailer exclusive for in-house themes are a thing of the past. Licensed themes must still be keeping them afloat. 

5 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I believe, more specifically, retailer exclusive for in-house themes are a thing of the past. Licensed themes must still be keeping them afloat. 

I know in-house themes don't really get retail exclusives anymore but it was phrased as retail exclusives in general

I wasn't aware retailer exclusives ever really went away... I know there was a brief period when they were truly exclusive to certain stores (a Target MDP could only be bought at Target, not even at a LEGO Store, at least in brick & mortar stores), but even after they backpedaled on that, there were still MDPs being released for various themes, both in-house and licensed.