17 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I can’t believe I’m excited for a LEGO fire truck :tongue:. I’m going to take that & de-Hidden Side it like I did with the Bus & make it fit with Apocalypseburg. I like the prison too, it’s a bit barebones...but what’s there is nice. What we can see of the castle looks great.

Great minds think alike :)

25 minutes ago, Chilis said:

Great minds think alike :)

:grin:

I look forward to seeing your regular fire truck, which I imagine will be easier than the bus. I just need to remove the techy bits outside & add some bars, spikes, & nets. Maybe even a spiked push bar on the front if I can get it attached. 

On 4/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, brimbolet said:

Funny how experiences differ. When I showed the Hidden Side sets to various kids, they were intrigued by the art, but when they looked at the back of the box showing its actual content they were suddenly turned off. In my case I suspect it was the used color range, every Ninjago or Friends set was more appealing to them. Monkie Kid will surely be much more successful, when the sets finally appear in Europe, I think.

Maybe the idea of the box art (and the theme itself) is to sell it as an augmented reality experience, meaning, the physical product is incomplete unless 'bought to life' by the app. 

20 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I can’t believe I’m excited for a LEGO fore truck :tongue:. I’m going to take that & de-Hidden Side it like I did with the Bus & make it fit with Apocalypseburg. I like the prison too, it’s a bit barebones...but what’s there is nice. What we can see of the castle looks great. The hot rod is way cool also, but looks like it won’t fit too well with City. 

Do you mean fire truck. Because I was thinking of converting it, too. It's a good mix of a classic American fire truck and a distinct Lego look. That said, I doubt the cost can be justified. Maybe if someone sells off the truck by itself. 

2 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Maybe the idea of the box art (and the theme itself) is to sell it as an augmented reality experience, meaning, the physical product is incomplete unless 'bought to life' by the app. 

Do you mean fire truck. Because I was thinking of converting it, too. It's a good mix of a classic American fire truck and a distinct Lego look. That said, I doubt the cost can be justified. Maybe if someone sells off the truck by itself. 

D’oh.:facepalm: Yes, the fire truck. Not a fan of ghoulish baddie? I love the classic look of this thing. It wouldn’t take much to make it normal looking it seems. 

19 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Pics of the Castle set still MIA then I take it?

Nope, haven’t seen any. It’s annoying, I think it’s the only June release that we haven’t seen. 

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Nope, haven’t seen any. It’s annoying, I think it’s the only June release that we haven’t seen. 

Really hope it’s not another Alien Conquest or Nexo situation ?

11 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Really hope it’s not another Alien Conquest or Nexo situation ?

I doubt it. We have seen box art. I don’t think they’ve ever revealed box art with the release leaks and then not released a set. It’s been the case that we only get box art at first before . . it’s just that the Hidden Side box art is unhelpful. I mean, I like it, (unpopular opinion I know) but it’s not helpful. 

I think at this point we’ll just have to wait another couple of weeks for the official reveal. 

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I doubt it. We have seen box art. I don’t think they’ve ever revealed box art with the release leaks and then not released a set. It’s been the case that we only get box art at first before . . it’s just that the Hidden Side box art is unhelpful. I mean, I like it, (unpopular opinion I know) but it’s not helpful. 

I think at this point we’ll just have to wait another couple of weeks for the official reveal. 

Really hope you’re right, but then Alien Conquest wave 2 box art existed before cancellation and even made into print (DK book) - see page 31 here!

There have been numerous sets with box art released that never were released publicly.

It would be stupid for LEGO not to release the only remaining set that closely resembles the MF castle, the set that could help get more AFOLs into buying more HS sets, especially after the disastrous second wave.

Very true @kelceycoe they would be stupid, but wouldn’t be the first time.

You get the unfortunate feeling HS is way down the bottom of the priority list for LEGO, and as for your suggestion of encouraging AFOL/castle builders (bear in mind there may be no more HS sets after this anyway) they’ll just continue to milk Harry Potter for all it’s worth.

Edited by Lucarex

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Very true @kelceycoe they would be stupid, but wouldn’t be the first time.

You get the unfortunate feeling HS is way down the bottom of the priority list for LEGO, and as for your suggestion of encouraging AFOL/castle builders (bear in mind there may be no more HS sets after this anyway) they’ll just continue to milk Harry Potter for all it’s worth.

Gotta be totally honest here, HP is much better than HS imo

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gotta be totally honest here, HP is much better than HS imo

I don't really agree with that. I've never been a huge Harry Potter guy but even from a design standpoint the newest wave is pretty weak and probably the worst one they've made since the line came back.

Just now, BrickJagger said:

I don't really agree with that. I've never been a huge Harry Potter guy but even from a design standpoint the newest wave is pretty weak and probably the worst one they've made since the line came back.

Opinions differ ofcourse but I think designwise this is the best Potter wave so far, the Astronomy Tower and Burrow are stunning! The minifigures are lacking though

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Opinions differ ofcourse but I think designwise this is the best Potter wave so far, the Astronomy Tower and Burrow are stunning! The minifigures are lacking though

I look at those sets past the nice box art and presentation and I see a million stickers, huge wall panels, and poorly designed interiors, but I'm well aware that I'm in the minority :tongue: Hidden Side has quite a few clunkers but its best designed sets are better than those.

5 hours ago, kelceycoe said:

There have been numerous sets with box art released that never were released publicly.

It would be stupid for LEGO not to release the only remaining set that closely resembles the MF castle, the set that could help get more AFOLs into buying more HS sets, especially after the disastrous second wave.

You are assuming that all buyers share your likes and dislikes, that sets you dislike are "disastrous" and sets you like would "save" the theme.

I do sincerely hope, as a fan of the theme, that the castle and all the other sets get released, but if the theme were in fact on the decline there's zero reason to assume that a single set would turn that around, especially not just because it's vaguely similar to a theme that never even earned a second wave in the first place.

Too bad the fire truck is not coming with a ladder, Ren and Stimpy as fire rescue dogs and a huge baby build. Than i would want it so badly

5 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I've heard somewhere that the fire truck transforms into a mech? Is that true as I haven't seen pictures.

Only the back half, the front half stays as a sort of rolling base. But yes, it’s awesome and I would get it if not for the fact that I have nowhere to put it. 

13 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I've heard somewhere that the fire truck transforms into a mech? Is that true as I haven't seen pictures.

Look at the box art, you will see the turret and the back of the fire engine turn into a mech.

In the absence of Castle pics, anyone with a reminder of when these sets are due for release? June (like HP already officially revealed) or August?

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

In the absence of Castle pics, anyone with a reminder of when these sets are due for release? June (like HP already officially revealed) or August?

It’s June. Everything that leaked over the last couple of days is June. We know that stuff like Mario and Star Wars and an as-yet-unrevealed HP set is coming in August and haven’t seen any of it. (Might be wrong about Star Wars, don’t follow it too closely. Citation needed. :tongue:)

A few other themes’ high res images have shown up on Promobricks so hopefully we’ll be getting better images shortly.