Just now, Lucarex said:

Who cares 

I kind of do, why did you feel the need to reply to my post? 

Jeez, sense of humour failure, I even added an emoji there just in case...

It’s a poor minifig so if it ends up in the BAM section in stores, that’s fine by me.

Oh and I also commented on the box art if that helps you.

Oh, fine then... I agree with the point you brought about the box art. I like the minifig only for the head. 

I want to see other pics than the box-art. This set has definitely potential, but i believe will also have a lot of stickers on those big pieces. The mini slenderman has my attention. And i do like that there is an astronomy tower. 
I don’t really need a castle, but with all those pointy roofs it is more like a spooky house anyways, so that’s good news to me. 
And the ‘guards/ninjas/ninjagovillains’ do nothing for me. However i still want the missing goofy ghost head you all dislike :-)

Edited by Borex

6 hours ago, UberCorp said:

The two color feels like a really odd choice IMO. Maybe if the tan is used in other places in the build itll look better? Just doesn’t seem like a great design choice.

Maybe they didn’t want it to feel too similar to the Monster Fighter castle?

It looks to me like the top bit with the two towers and balcony in the middle will be tan, with the bottom parts underneath it being grey. The same colour scheme was actually used for the old Hogwarts sets in the early 2000s. Also on the right hand side there's what looks like a bridge with the the ghost hunter guy on top of it but it looks like there's another smaller tower behind it? I know the ghost sections of the box art often confuse what is included in the set but could there be more of the castle cropped off by that white strip on the box art? 

The castle looks nice, but I'm not gonna get it. I'd get it if it had Lady E though. I hate the new villains so far

16 hours ago, danth said:

This is what I don't get. Who is this theme supposed to appeal to? Who's buying these sets? I just don't get it. There's no way this theme is selling well, is there? Friends is a knockout for girls, boys love Ninjago, so what's the point of this theme? Maybe angsty teens are supposed to be buying these?

As an "angsty teen" I can confirm I love this theme! The first two waves at least...

13 hours ago, UberCorp said:

Hopefully LEGO somehow manages to release Lady E in a future product even if this is the last HS wave. Would be fine with them just throwing her design in a future CMF under a generic name (like how we got a revamped Johnny Thunder in S19)

Exactly. Why introduce new antagonists without giving us a physical form of the main antagonist?

The castle look good, I'll buy it. The structure feel very similar to the school wich I love.

The fire truck is a great set too (like the bus was).

Like everyone here I dislike the boxarts because they don't do justice to the sets. I think they're beautifull as promo arts but not for a box. 

Edited by 0B1W4N

2 hours ago, Fifulin said:

The castle looks nice, but I'm not gonna get it. I'd get it if it had Lady E though. I hate the new villains so far

As an "angsty teen" I can confirm I love this theme! The first two waves at least...

Exactly. Why introduce new antagonists without giving us a physical form of the main antagonist?

Shades of those terrible out of place tech vampire Byters from Nexo’s final part-cancelled wave.

Talking of missing agonists and NK, at least they made Monstrox in book form and brick-built cloud form, but never the minifig version.

I’m not too fussed about missing Lady E as didn’t really feel she was anything but one-dimensional character, but it’s a real shame we’ll never see the colourful (angry/sad/wild) transparent boss ghosts in plastic, only in virtual form. These black figures (even the knights which look more at home in NK) are pitiful compared with the likes of Capt Archibald, Dr Drewell etc.

34 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

I’m not too fussed about missing Lady E as didn’t really feel she was anything but one-dimensional character, but it’s a real shame we’ll never see the colourful (angry/sad/wild) transparent boss ghosts in plastic, only in virtual form. These black figures (even the knights which look more at home in NK) are pitiful compared with the likes of Capt Archibald, Dr Drewell etc.

Yes, that's a shame. Also not happy that there's no sad/blue ghost minifig. Could've included one in the submarine

4 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Awesome! Do you get the sense that these sets are aimed at your age group? I don't imagine that many teens are into LEGO, so I wonder how much of a teen market there is to tap, but I'm an out of touch older person so what do I know?

I'm not trying to knock the theme by the way. I generally like about 70% of what it's doing, while the other 30% confuses me.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes the Hidden Side boxes. Sure it's a bit annoying to tell what's in it when you only have the front of the box to judge off of but that's really only a problem during a short time period during leaks (and only was true for 1 set)

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

I’m not too fussed about missing Lady E as didn’t really feel she was anything but one-dimensional character,

I don't even watch the show, I just love the design which is why I want a physical version

Funny how experiences differ. When I showed the Hidden Side sets to various kids, they were intrigued by the art, but when they looked at the back of the box showing its actual content they were suddenly turned off. In my case I suspect it was the used color range, every Ninjago or Friends set was more appealing to them. Monkie Kid will surely be much more successful, when the sets finally appear in Europe, I think.

6 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

They should’ve included Lady E in the lighthouse if we are never going to get her.

What about this theme and the YouTube shorts makes you think they design the sets after the shorts?

I’ve always gotten the impression that the sets were made independently, and at a very late stage someone decided “Hey, we should have tie-in media!” and left some poor writer to cut together a half-baked series of shorts based on the sets. 

Literally the only evidence that the shorts have any impact on the sets is El Fuego’s death and subsequent possession of a plastic classroom skeleton. So that implies that they talk, at least. But there are a lot of inconsistencies especially in the first ‘season’; based on the short, shouldn’t the Shrimp Boat have included possession heads for both of the sailors, not just the captain? And in the short the Shrimp Shack was abandoned, but the set shows it flourishing. (Well, y’now, by the standards of a dilapidated seafood diner.) And, as much as we all love the amazing transformation features of the High School . . that never actually happened in the shorts. 

18 hours ago, danth said:

Awesome! Do you get the sense that these sets are aimed at your age group? I don't imagine that many teens are into LEGO, so I wonder how much of a teen market there is to tap, but I'm an out of touch older person so what do I know?

Yeah, I do kinda believe it's aimed at the tween-teen age group, but it always depends more on the person and their interests.

7 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’ve always gotten the impression that the sets were made independently, and at a very late stage someone decided “Hey, we should have tie-in media!” and left some poor writer to cut together a half-baked series of shorts based on the sets. 

You're not the only one, I think that's exactly what happened

Half-baked could sum up the entire theme.

Ingredients were all there and looked good initially but carelessly taken out of the oven too early and...voilà, disappointment.

Hopefully just as a result of unofficial Harry Potter leaks day, but feeling a bit ominous we’ve still not seen the actual Castle set yet, just the box art. Should have had it at weekend with the other sets you’d have thought.

6 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Hopefully just as a result of unofficial Harry Potter leaks day, but feeling a bit ominous we’ve still not seen the actual Castle set yet, just the box art. Should have had it at weekend with the other sets you’d have thought.

They didn't leak, they were officially revealed by lego themselves

13 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

That would make a lot of sense. The protagonists of the theme are total anachronisms. Hip kids with hoodies, cell phones, and attitude, that fight old-timey monsters in 1920's-styled locales. I guess that's kind of the point of the theme though? The "old" world is in drab colors while the "new" world is purple and teal or whatever. I prefer one or the other personally. If the protagonists looked like they were out of the same time period, I'd probably love the theme. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They didn't leak, they were officially revealed by lego themselves

Ah ok wasn’t aware as no interest in the theme, just assumed given the pages of IG  posts under leaks. Still no Castle reveal though ?

2 hours ago, Harkonen said:

I'm not sure if it's a teaser for a movie or a poster for the webisodes... 

Looks like the latter.

Edited by Lucarex

Just now, Lucarex said:

Ah ok wasn’t aware as no interest in the theme, just assumed given the pages of IG  posts under leaks. Still no Castle reveal though ?

Looks like the latter.

Yeah, after looking at his tweets, it's just a poster for the webisodes. 

I can’t believe I’m excited for a LEGO fore truck :tongue:. I’m going to take that & de-Hidden Side it like I did with the Bus & make it fit with Apocalypseburg. I like the prison too, it’s a bit barebones...but what’s there is nice. What we can see of the castle looks great. The hot rod is way cool also, but looks like it won’t fit too well with City. 

So, any theories as to who the new faction of villains are? The black knights show up in three sets and it seems like their leader is the Slenderman-type figure.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

So, any theories as to who the new faction of villains are? The black knights show up in three sets and it seems like their leader is the Slenderman-type figure.

My guess is they’re whatever faction of ghosts was around when Vaughn was still alive. Given the number of “great”’s before grandpa when Parker recognized him, he seems to have been a ghost hunter before lady e would’ve been around, it’s likely he fought SOMETHING back then other than just one or two random ghosts that happened to break through the veil. 

[spoiler]

If I’ve got the wave figured out, which I think I do mostly, what will likely happen is:

business as usual as the gang investigates a beachside prison. After taking down the ghost, they test out jb’s new sub, where they find another portal to the hidden side and that staff in some undersea ruins. Vaughn is released, and joins the team, and they go to meet jb, testing her new truck during some kind of town fair along with that tv robot, when they are all attacked by the slenderman type ghost and the knight-esque black ghosts. They escape, head to the castle Ruins where Vaughn stopped the threat the first time, which is likely also the source of the ruins underwater, and fight the ghostly threat before it can do something relating to the moon or space, given the important looking observatory on the castle. Likely use an eclipse to merge the hidden side and reality if I had to guess. Depending on the intent of the line, either the story is wrapped up there or the ghost manages to unleash enough of its chaos that we lead into wave 4. 

[spoiler]
Edited by mrfang2
Additional info