I kinda like the Slenderman thing. Haven't got anything like it in this theme yet, so its a nice change.

Also is that a Gonk droid next to JB? :laugh_hard:

The descriptions we got from Nuremberg toy fair mentioned the firetruck transforming into a possessed mech. I guess that big ghost is what’s supposed to be possessing it? They did a pretty good job of hiding the transform features when in the firetruck mode, at least judging by these images.

Just now, UberCorp said:

The descriptions we got from Nuremberg toy fair mentioned the firetruck transforming into a possessed mech. I guess that big ghost is what’s supposed to be possessing it? They did a pretty good job of hiding the transform features when in the firetruck mode, at least judging by these images.

Is that what’s supposed to happen? I thought the truck turned into a mech all on its own . . that’ll be interesting.

Vaughn’s Drag Racer leaked. It’s cute! I like it. 

Also it looks like Jack has a new printed phone showing a red ghost rather than the blue ghost he normally has. And the other ghost figure in that set is awesome!

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Surprisingly the knight comes in Vaughn's car

And it appears that the firetruck comes with the same figure except with a hood rather than a helmet. My guess is these guys are the minions of an antagonist who’ll appear in the castle or possibly of the big guy in the firetruck

Edited by UberCorp

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The fire truck leaked, and, um, I think you guys are gonna want to see the side build . . what the hell is that? Slenderman? I hope the other sets have similar stuff that thing looks insane!

I’m really hoping this is a sign that they are giving us physical boss ghosts this wave. The previous waves had such a good designs for the bosses that it was such a waste not to get any of them in physical form.

Edited by legozebra

Wait... in the fire truck set... is that TeeVee? Like the Alpha Team character? They certainly look similar!

The fire truck is a mech?

Hahahaha

Really TLG you know how to overkill things

Edited by Robert8

Wow! I did not expect the theme to move from ghosts already! The ghost knight from Vaughn's car looks like Mothman! Love all of them! 

The submarine and abandoned prison leaked.

Um. That is not what I expected when I heard “ghost fighting submarine” . . but I like it way more than I expected to and might actually get it. 

The prison’s disappointing though. I expected more. Was planning to get it, but looking at it I might pass . . 

EDIT: Also, hang on. I thought JB was supposed to come in the submarine set? I mean, I love the exclusive swimsuit (it’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to see what I can do with it) and it’s also great that Vaughn comes in another set (so I won’t have to get the Supernatural Dragster after all - I mean it’s cool but I just don’t have anywhere to put it) but I’m sure the leak said it was ‘J.B.’s submarine’. 

On 4/23/2020 at 6:08 PM, BrickJagger said:

What was the reason for this again? Seems pretty pointless not to go through with it if they'd already poured money into a finished product.

Alien Conquest is one of my favorite themes. The issue was LEGO can only make a certain amount of pieces at any one time. So if I remember currently Friends sold was more than LEGO thought so they needed to make more pieces for that and weren't able to waste the factory time in making the awesome theme that didn't sell well.

J.B's submarine and the Prison sets are very disappointing... the builds look very lacking and there isn't anything interesting about them. 

Vaughn's Drag car and the Fire Truck look pretty cool though... I'm really curious to find out what that Slender Man-looking thing is.

I didn't expect so much scenery for the submarine, but considering how lacking the city sets are with underwater ecosystems, I like it. The hot rod looks decent and I like how vintage it looks compared to other cartoony Lego vehicles. As a fan of the first wave of sets, I love the prison, but it seems too disconnected from the rest of the wave. The fire truck looks okay, but it is far inferior to the PIB 3000. The giant looks great though. I have a feeling that the staffs in the submarine and fire truck have a major role in the plot, whether they will stop the army or cause their supremacy. The castle might have the answers to this new plot.

Just now, Robert8 said:

Hmm

The prison and the submarine are really subpar

Atleast the submarine is a cheap way to get Vaughn. The prison is the worst set of Hidden Side to me. Very weak. 

Oh c’mon...where’s the Castle already?! That’s the one we’re all waiting to see.

None of these 4 are particularly great as entire sets, there’s little left of the Monster Fighters vibe.

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

I’m really hoping this is a sign that they are giving us physical boss ghosts this wave. The previous waves had such a good designs for the bosses that it was such a waste not to get any of them in physical form.

Such a missed opportunity, and given the weird and wonderful new moulds in other themes, a really lazy cost-based decision.

I mean why make expensive physical Boss ghosts (that are actually on the box art with the minifigs FFS) when you can simply and cheaply create them on the AR app instead.

Just now, Lucarex said:

Oh c’mon...where’s the Castle already?! That’s the one we’re all waiting to see.

None of these 4 are particularly great as entire sets, there’s little left of the Monster Fighters vibe.

I agree, the Castle is gonna be exciting.

Honestly, out of these four the only one I really see myself getting is, surprisingly, the submarine. Vaughn is gorgeous and I want him, same for the exclusive Parker and ‘possessed statue’ figures. (At least I assume the statue is exclusive but if it does get reused in other sets it’s the sort of thing I’ll be happy to have multiple of.) The terrain is cute and will make a nice addition to my ‘ghost world’ diorama (which I’ve been building out of the Hidden Side Portal, some side builds, and Xtra ocean baseplates if anyone’s interested), and the submarine has a certain charm that could lead to it finding a home in my docks or underwater layout.

Though come to think of it I could use Vaughn’s car as a display piece in the ghost world, it is a ghost car after all and I’m sorely lacking for structures over there (why did I have to skip most of the Ninjago ghost stuff back in 2015 . .) Might be worth considering.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

EDIT: Also, hang on. I thought JB was supposed to come in the submarine set?... but I’m sure the leak said it was ‘J.B.’s submarine’. 

Look at the dorsal fin rudder...it has a printed/stickered picture of JB, so guess the title must refer to the fact it just belongs to her (like most other vehicles) and the others have borrowed it in the new storyline, whatever that is.

@Fenghuang0296 Sure, I’ll look to get crossbow Vaughn, the knight and maybe the statue, but that’s about it. I suspect we’ll get Vaughn in a HS magazine polybag at some point.

Even my kid (who loves HS) is clearly disappointed seeing these pics and is just hoping for the Castle now. Makes it cheaper on the parental wallet at least ?

***Overall then: Maybe I’m letting my initial impression disappointment cloud things here, but I’m getting Nexo wave 4 vibes here, in that the story doesn’t really hang together, the sets are a bit meh, the villains aren’t great, and the theme is done. At least give us a fantastic Castle, please!!!

Edited by Lucarex

2 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Look at the dorsal fin rudder...it has a printed/stickered picture of JB, so guess the title must refer to the fact it just belongs to her (like most other vehicles) and the others have borrowed it in the new storyline.m, whatever that is.

Maybe I’m letting my initial impression disappointment cloud things here, but I’m getting Nexo wave 4 vibes here, in that the story doesn’t really hang together, the sets are a bit meh, the villains aren’t great, and the theme is done. At least give us a fantastic Castle, please!!!

I think the Slenderman set will be a top seller. Also, this means we will never get Lady E as a minifig, probably. Hopefully 2021 gives us Lovecraftian horror for Hidden Side! 

Edited by Harkonen

Just now, Harkonen said:

I think the Slenderman set will be a top seller. Also, this means we will never get Lady E as a minifig, probably. Hopefully 2021 gives us Lovecraftian horror for Hidden Side! 

Meh I don’t see it. A fire truck of sorts with a brick-built evil black figure? Can’t see it being a massive seller at the likely 59.99 price point 

Well at least this ends the matter of your “source” when you first joined.

Edited by Lucarex