Just now, Harkonen said:

I know, but I'm afraid of the theme not getting a conclusion because of, well, the sales. Now I'm not sure if the sets sold well or not. 

Pretty sure Falconfan said this theme would still go on after the next wave

1 hour ago, Harkonen said:

A new Hidden Side book got leaked on instagram, it comes with a Jack minifigure which is not new. I suppose the Hidden Side set pictures will be revealed around july or so since the new sets come in august? 

I think “book” is stretching it given it’s got 32 pages, same as the HS magazine. There is supposedly a 128-page book “JB’s guide to ghost hunting” coming out in August but that may have been cancelled.

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one rooting for Lady E? Aside from Douglas the main characters are kinda annoying

They’re teenagers...that’s the point ?.  

As for Lady E, meh she’s a fairly one-dimensional villain. The other boss ghosts’ had much better characters (with death backstories) like Capt Archibald and the Mr Hyde scientist “love interest” of JB. Those were deserving of big figs, but we won’t see that sadly.

Edited by Lucarex

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

They’re teenagers...that’s the point ?.  

While that's true it's basic storytelling to make your main characters likeable. They have some nice pieces in the sets but storywise Jack, Parker and BD are some of my least favorite goodguys out of all the LEGO-Original IP's

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

As for Lady E, meh she’s a fairly one-dimensional villain. The other boss ghosts’ had much better characters (with death backstories) like Capt Archibald and the Mr Hyde scientist “love interest” of JB. Those were deserving of big figs, but we won’t see that sadly.

I still really hope we get Lady E as a minifigure in the upcoming Castle set.

Just now, Lego David said:

I still really hope we get Lady E as a minifigure in the upcoming Castle set.

Not according to that last webisode we won’t, but that’s no great loss IMO. Just like we didn’t get human form Monstrox in NK (who as a villain, was so much more than Lady E).

Not holding my breath for any “big” ghosts in the Castle, just a number of minifigs like the High School. We’ve already seen the black possessed knight.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Pretty sure Falconfan said this theme would still go on after the next wave

We will see if they do go through with it or sales might have caused a switch 

27 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hoping this won't be another Alien Conquest Wave 2 situation, with sets canceled so far down in production we could see box art in the background of a pic in a DK book. Hidden Side brings something original we haven't really seen that much from Lego before (especially Wave 1), and I'd love to see it continue as long as possible.

Off topic -  I've heard before that Alien Conquest wave 2 was canceled pretty late, but I've never heard that we got any pictures from it.  Does anyone have a link to that?  I'd love to see it.

39 minutes ago, icm said:

Off topic -  I've heard before that Alien Conquest wave 2 was canceled pretty late, but I've never heard that we got any pictures from it.  Does anyone have a link to that?  I'd love to see it.

Here you go:

Do y'all wish lego made wave 2 of alien conquest? : lego

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well, hopefully the summer wave isn’t the last. 

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Hoping this won't be another Alien Conquest Wave 2 situation, with sets canceled so far down in production we could see box art in the background of a pic in a DK book. Hidden Side brings something original we haven't really seen that much from Lego before (especially Wave 1), and I'd love to see it continue as long as possible.

What was the reason for this again? Seems pretty pointless not to go through with it if they'd already poured money into a finished product.

Edited by BrickJagger

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

What was the reason for this again? Seems pretty pointless not to go through with it if they'd already poured money into a finished product.

Apparently due to really poor sales, which is really sad because the follow-up original space theme, Galaxy Squad, sold so abysmally that these two were the final nails in the original Space theme coffin. What is good is that you can clearly see some design elements from these cancelled sets translate directly into Galaxy Squad, with that crawling alien vehicle clearly being the Hive Crawler. 

Where Hidden Side is concerned, I’m curious if any potentially cancelled future sets will eventually crop up in some form or another like this. I’m guessing the odds are low

Edited by legozebra

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Apparently due to really poor sales, which is really sad because the follow-up original space theme, Galaxy Squad, sold so abysmally that these two were the final nails in the original Space theme coffin

I don't know if that's exactly the case. Unlike Alien Conquest, Galaxy Squad did manage to get a second wave, so I think it's safe to say that it sold better than Alien Conquest.

And to be honest, I think Star Wars returning to the big screen with the sequel trilogy is what truly killed In-House Space, not Galaxy Squad.

I'm hoping we get to see the Hidden Side sets pictures soon too. Since Monkie Kid leaked and Ninjago is said to leak soon. 

Alien Conquest’s Tripod, I love that set. 

The leaked minifig head what supposedly is from Hidden Side would make a great Elis Helrot (a star wars Mos Eisley Cantina character), so i am eager to get that. 

Just now, Harkonen said:

I'm hoping we get to see the Hidden Side sets pictures soon too. Since Monkie Kid leaked and Ninjago is said to leak soon. 

Yes please! There is only so much lego budget and i need to think about what i want :-)

Looks like the headphones were created for Monkie Kid instead of Hidden Side (doesn't necessarily mean they won't show up in HS sets though)

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks like the headphones were created for Monkie Kid instead of Hidden Side (doesn't necessarily mean they won't show up in HS sets though)

Could those headphones fit Parker with her hairpiece though? I have the 2019 Parker and looking at that piece I'm not sure if it can... I'm not even sure if it would look good on her. 

14 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Could those headphones fit Parker with her hairpiece though? I have the 2019 Parker and looking at that piece I'm not sure if it can... I'm not even sure if it would look good on her. 

It was used on Jack when it leaked

But it's a terrible piece anyways

5 hours ago, Harkonen said:

I don't think it would—Parker's hair is too thick and hangs down in front. But they could still be put off to the side when she isn't wearing her headphones—them being the same color is a nice bit of luck.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think it would—Parker's hair is too thick and hangs down in front. But they could still be put off to the side when she isn't wearing her headphones—them being the same color is a nice bit of luck.

They've already changed her hair style once. It doesn't seem like it'd be that weird for her to put it in a pony tail or something.

5 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

They've already changed her hair style once. It doesn't seem like it'd be that weird for her to put it in a pony tail or something.

I wouldn't mind such a change! 

Ninjago sets started to leak so I expect Hidden Side to be around the corner..

The fire truck leaked, and, um, I think you guys are gonna want to see the side build . . what the hell is that? Slenderman? I hope the other sets have similar stuff that thing looks insane!