9 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Think the days of store exclusives (especially on an inhouse theme) are history.

Why exactly is that? We used to get a lot of store exclusives with in-house themes. 

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Why exactly is that? We used to get a lot of store exclusives with in-house themes. 

I am no insider but afaik they sold poorly 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I am no insider but afaik they sold poorly 

Yep, alongside the closure of TRU, probably the biggest retailer (in Europe at least) that ran these exclusives.

Edited by Lucarex

On 4/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, Legoanonymous said:

The angler fish is glow in the dark, and huge compared to a minifigure. Maybe both the shark and the angler fish are in the submarine. 

I have seen the angler fish leaked . Not sure what to make of it.

45 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

These episodes get better and better. Already better than ninjago season 11 and more mature. 

It's not hard for something to be better than S11 of Ninjago, that season was truly awfull

I do wonder why Lady E needed help to cross when the other ghosts could come and go as they please.

Also shame to see Dr. Drewell get sacrificed. One of the 3 good ghosts from Hidden Side.

15 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I do wonder why Lady E needed help to cross when the other ghosts could come and go as they please.

Vaugh Jackson said that he trapped her in the Hidden Side and sacrificed himself to do so

4 minutes ago, hagridshut said:

Does anyone know why the Elton Douglas aka "El Fuego" character has a minifigure with an ID badge that says "Diaz"?  

https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/El_Fuego

Same character. He was listed as Diego Diaz in the high school set but they changed (anglicised?) the name to Elton Douglas in later sets.

Edited by Lucarex

Just now, hagridshut said:

Interesting. Quick checked Brickipedia and it says "Some early Hidden Side promotional materials listed the minifigure as Diego Diaz, which is consistent with the minifigure's nametag. However, most current Lego promotional materials use the Elton Douglas name". Maybe Diaz was the name originally planned to be used but was latter changed after the minifigures were finalized for some reason? 

Just now, UberCorp said:

Interesting. Quick checked Brickipedia and it says "Some early Hidden Side promotional materials listed the minifigure as Diego Diaz, which is consistent with the minifigure's nametag. However, most current Lego promotional materials use the Elton Douglas name". Maybe Diaz was the name originally planned to be used but was latter changed after the minifigures were finalized for some reason? 

Well, in my city I’ve got the skeleton version of El Fuego as the ‘real’ Elton Douglas, and repurposed his old human minifigure as ‘Diego Diaz, janitor’. So it works out for me. 

17 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/El_Fuego

Same character. He was listed as Diego Diaz in the high school set but they changed (anglicised?) the name to Elton Douglas in later sets.

I looked on Amazon and this is indeed what seems to have happened.  I don't know why Lego would bother to anglicize his name for products sold where I live (United States).  Deigo Diaz would not be an unusual name in America.  

3 hours ago, hagridshut said:

I looked on Amazon and this is indeed what seems to have happened.  I don't know why Lego would bother to anglicize his name for products sold where I live (United States).  Deigo Diaz would not be an unusual name in America.  

Just a random guess but might be due to political correctness or sensitivity to ethnic stereotyping? Maybe Lego had complaints (or MR focus group feedback) as to why the minifig character of a lowly school janitor is given a Hispanic/Latino name? But then his hero alter ego remains El Fuego anyway so not sure how that avoids the issue entirely, just makes it less obvious I guess.

Edited by Lucarex

40 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Just a random guess but might be due to political correctness or sensitivity to ethnic stereotyping? Maybe Lego had complaints (or MR focus group feedback) as to why the minifig character of a lowly school janitor is given a Hispanic/Latino name? But then his hero alter ego remains El Fuego anyway so not sure how that avoids the issue entirely, just makes it less obvious I guess.

Those are all good points.  It does make me wonder why Lego wouldn't have conducted this research before finalizing the Diaz/Douglas minifigure print with an ID badge that says Diaz! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Well, in my city I’ve got the skeleton version of El Fuego as the ‘real’ Elton Douglas, and repurposed his old human minifigure as ‘Diego Diaz, janitor’. So it works out for me. 

I repurposed my Diego Diaz minifigure too.  I had an extra LEGO space Futuron astronaut body with mismatched hands, wrong head (was from a castle set, went back to make a knight minifigure), and helmet without a visor.  So I put Mr. Diaz' head and dark gray hands on the Futuron space suit, installed a spare visor, and now he is now 'Lt. Commander Diego Diaz, spaceman'.  He still has the callsign "El Fuego".  

The face expressions on Diaz meant for "daredevil" stunts or facing Glooms in the Hidden Side sets are perfect for adventures involving fast and temperamental spaceships. 

Edited by hagridshut

I always just assumed his name was changed to Elton Douglas Diaz and the school set description was something they forgot to change, as happens occasionally. It’d still make sense for them to call him Douglas in the shorts, I mean I go by my middle name so it’s not that far fetched.

and his whole minifigure is great as like a spaceship mechanic, I swapped his cape for one of those grey respirators from apocalypseburg, and gave him one of the ghostbusters 2016 proton packs mounted sideways as a welding pack, and a helmet with the LEGO movie 1 secret police visor, and now I’ve got him working as an asteroid based mechanic. 

I do like the look of Vaughn figure that has leaked . I hope he comes with his cool crossbow that was in the animated episode!

A new Hidden Side book got leaked on instagram, it comes with a Jack minifigure which is not new. I suppose the Hidden Side set pictures will be revealed around july or so since the new sets come in august? 

Just now, Harkonen said:

A new Hidden Side book got leaked on instagram, it comes with a Jack minifigure which is not new. I suppose the Hidden Side set pictures will be revealed around july or so since the new sets come in august? 

They should come out this week, the sets release in june

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They should come out this week, the sets release in june

In june? Well, that's nice. Thank you! 

Edited by Harkonen

I wonder, what will happen now that they catched her? I'm curious if we'll even get her as a minifig if the theme does continue in 2021.

Just now, Harkonen said:

I wonder, what will happen now that they catched her? I'm curious if we'll even get her as a minifig if the theme does continue in 2021.

The title of the episode says ''the end?''. From the question mark alone you can assume she escapes (again)

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The title of the episode says ''the end?''. From the question mark alone you can assume she escapes (again)

I know, but I'm afraid of the theme not getting a conclusion because of, well, the sales. Now I'm not sure if the sets sold well or not. 

Edited by Harkonen