54 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Hidden Side episode 15 revealed a summer set, the ghost car. There is a ghost minifig that looks like the leader of the Monster Fighters too. You can find the new episode on youtube. 

I'm definetely getting Monster Fighters vibes from that car. And is it just me or does that good-guy ghost look very similair to Rodney Rathbone?

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm definetely getting Monster Fighters vibes from that car. And is it just me or does that good-guy ghost look very similair to Rodney Rathbone?

Hey if it is him, it shows that Lego’s been listening to fans who have wanted both more character variety and more of a connection to monster fighters. And the car looks like it’d have suspension and maybe steering, which would continue this waves trend of being better stand-alone sets outside the app game. 

Apparently his name is Vaughn G Jackson and he’s one of Parker’s ancestors and a ghost hunter (who’s now a ghost obviously). Interesting...

11 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

which would continue this waves trend of being better stand-alone sets outside the app game. 

Huh? The entire appeal of the line from day one has been the outstanding models. The app wasn't even a consideration for me when I bought up the initial wave. I don't think I even tried it out until Halloween. The outstanding æsthetic of the entire theme is head and shoulders above anything else Lego is currently offering this side of Creator Expert sets. Outside of the school, the transformation features were all implemented without any consideration for the app. They were there to enhance the models themselves.

I dunno how you arrived at the idea that wave two was more focused on the models over app integration? Outside of the plane, there was no effort given even to concealing the colour wheels. Wave one saw them cleverly integrated into the builds so as not to interrupt the look of the finished model. They're all still fun models that add to the theme, but they're def a step down from the perfection that was the first wave.

10 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Apparently his name is Vaughn G Jackson and he’s one of Parker’s ancestors and a ghost hunter (who’s now a ghost obviously). Interesting...

That's kinda disappointing tbh. I'm not a big fan of Jack and Parker and it would've been really cool if this was Rodney from MF. Though I guess it's for the better as they completely screwed up Clutch Powers in the latest Ninjago season

15 hours ago, Lucarex said:

It's "her great-great-great-great-grandfather Vaughn G. Jackson, a legendary ghost-hunter who’s… also a ghost" according to this page.

That page also mentions "Jack is getting distracted by his new bud, Rami the vlogging star." so that's another new character we haven't seen yet.

Jack's page says " after he meets his idol, vlogging superstar Rami."

The JB page says "when her Sweet Sally school bus runs into a spot of trouble, J.B. gets right back to work and creates… a ghost-hunting fire truck! And it’s fully decked out, too. Could a ghost-hunting submarine be in the cards?"

I'm really hoping we get "Hidden Side" versions of Parker and the other characters.

Just watched the latest episode! That Ghost car looks like it would make a brilliant set! and I'm excited by the introduction of the new Ghost-hunter ghost character. He definitely does have a Monster Fighters feel to him.

I might be over-reaching here, but could Rami be a nod to Sam Raimi, director of The Evil Dead? The names aren't exactly the same, but it's what I instantly thought of when I read it.

Considering all the speculation of this theme getting cancelled, it doesn't feel like this is winding down anytime soon!

Just now, Cut the Kragle said:

I might be over-reaching here, but could Rami be a nod to Sam Raimi, director of The Evil Dead? The names aren't exactly the same, but it's what I instantly thought of when I read it.

This Rami is supposed to be a vlogger so if it's supposed to be a nod towards Sam Raimi it would be an incredibly weird one

2 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Just watched the latest episode! That Ghost car looks like it would make a brilliant set! and I'm excited by the introduction of the new Ghost-hunter ghost character. He definitely does have a Monster Fighters feel to him.

Remember, we are getting a hot rod this summer. The ghost car looks like a steampunk hot rod that could be $30-$40 US dollars, so we could've found the set. As for the character himself, he does look like a Monster Fighter. I could easily see him as some kind of secret member who got trapped and tried to survive in the Hidden Side, while slowly turning into a ghost. Also, why is he purple? I know anger ghosts can be pink, but he looks too purple for me. 

20 minutes ago, Legoanonymous said:

I could easily see him as some kind of secret member who got trapped and tried to survive in the Hidden Side, while slowly turning into a ghost. 

Would that make sense though? As the ghosts in MF were just standard ghosts and not even remotely similair to the ones we see in HS

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Would that make sense though? As the ghosts in MF were just standard ghosts and not even remotely similair to the ones we see in HS

I ment that is what he looked and seemed like, not what he actually was. 

27 minutes ago, Legoanonymous said:

Remember, we are getting a hot rod this summer. The ghost car looks like a steampunk hot rod that could be $30-$40 US dollars, so we could've found the set. As for the character himself, he does look like a Monster Fighter. I could easily see him as some kind of secret member who got trapped and tried to survive in the Hidden Side, while slowly turning into a ghost. Also, why is he purple? I know anger ghosts can be pink, but he looks too purple for me. 

We know that blue is sad, red is angry and yellow is crazy. This makes sense for Jack turning blue because he’s sad about being in the Hidden Side. But what if there was a ghost that wasn’t angry, sad or crazy? I guess that makes them purple.

That doesn't look steampunk to me, but who knows.... 

But I don't see Monster Fighters there......    anyway, I hope this will be a set.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That doesn't look steampunk to me, but who knows.... 

But I don't see Monster Fighters there......    anyway, I hope this will be a set.

Hmmmm, besides the bowler hat, he has more of a Wild West design about him rather than Rathbone. 

Car's cool!

Gramps there just has the same hat as Rathbone, and no other real similarities. They'd just excitedly yell and wave at each other, like the "Same Hat" meme.

Edited by obsidianheart

Issue 6 of HS magazine out, nothing of note story-wise (unlike ep15 of the web shorts which showed the bowler hatted ghost and race car helping Jack).

Next issue mid-April/Easter finally has the gloomified subway worker the Czech market got last month.

15 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Car's cool!

Gramps there just has the same hat as Rathbone, and no other real similarities. They'd just excitedly yell and wave at each other, like the "Same Hat" meme.

They seem to be from the same time period. They just seem like they are from different countries. The original Monster Fighters' characters seemed to be from the end of the Victorian Era, which roughly translate to the "wild west" time period. You could argue that since more American looking characters like Jack McHammer or even Frank Rock have so many qualities that wouldn't appear in that time period (let alone place) that Vaughn G. Jackson could fit in. I guess being old has its advantages. :wink: 

1 hour ago, Legoanonymous said:

They seem to be from the same time period. They just seem like they are from different countries. The original Monster Fighters' characters seemed to be from the end of the Victorian Era, which roughly translate to the "wild west" time period. You could argue that since more American looking characters like Jack McHammer or even Frank Rock have so many qualities that wouldn't appear in that time period (let alone place) that Vaughn G. Jackson could fit in. I guess being old has its advantages. :wink: 

I'm pretty sure Rathbone wasn't Victorian Era anything, just a hipster. He had a cybernetic leg? The Monster Fighters didn't have designs that screamed "ultra-modern" to be sure, but they came off less like turn of the century, and more like late-century punk rock and fashionably nostalgic to me, I guess. Especially since Ann's allowed to wear pants.

The MF monsters were like 80s or 90s styled

the monster figthers themselves looked like Victorian Era Steampunk. Some of them, anyway

Edited by Robert8

Interestingly, they skipped an episode in the web series - we haven't had the Lighthouse of Darkness episode yet. I hope that by skipping episodes they're not trying to quickly wrap up the series...

3 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Interestingly, they skipped an episode in the web series - we haven't had the Lighthouse of Darkness episode yet. I hope that by skipping episodes they're not trying to quickly wrap up the series...

It's possible that they're going to have an episode with the Lighthouse of Darkness in the summer to help even out the episode count since the summer wave has fewer sets to build episodes around than this current one.

Ninjago and Monkey Kid minifigs started to leak so hopefully Hidden Side will too. Are they releasing in august? Or june? 

There was also a new torso for Jack. It was his white hoodie, but it was ripped and had seaweed on it... Probably from the submarine??

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A new print leaked that kinda resembles the dress worn by Lady E

That’s Luna 

7 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

There was also a new torso for Jack. It was his white hoodie, but it was ripped and had seaweed on it... Probably from the submarine??

Where did you see this