11 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

the castle looks like its been in the background since the beginning of this theme. latest?cb=20190908164112

Unfortunately,  I feel like that could be a good excuse for the theme to end with that set as the final climactic battle. Since we knew of Lady E since wave 1, you could say the sets ended with a detail from the beginning (examples include Ninjago's "final" set ending up to be where the Golden Weapons were foraged, or how Chima's last set had Crominus who became missing during the first episode of the show.)  

Fyi the castle has 6 figures

Just now, Legoanonymous said:

or how Chima's last set had Crominus who became missing during the first episode of the show.)  

I guess you haven't seen much of the show? Because Crominus is still alive and well at the end of the story

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I guess you haven't seen much of the show? Because Crominus is still alive and well at the end of the story

I know Crominus was alive at the end of the show, Its just the show began with his supposed death (despite him resurfacing in season 2) with the last Chima set released containing him. Lady E appeared in the first Hidden Side short and an image of herself in the High School. So considering the appearance of the castle in the last wave and Lady E getting a figure, it unfortunately seems like Hidden Side is at its end. 

It looks like the upcoming wave will be the last one,not suprising considering most action themes (with the exception of Ninjago,Chima and Nexo Knights) last 3 waves at most.

Edited by LOTR34

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

It looks like the upcoming wave will be the last one,not suprising considering most action themes (with the exception of Ninjago,Chima and Nexo Knights) last 3 waves at most.

The sad thing is Hidden Side had potential to be something special, and Lego is replacing it with the repetitive sounding, anime-inspired Monkey Kid. Let's hope the castle will be the best set of them all.

You know what I liked the least about Hidden Side? The obnoxious looking protagonists. They looked like bratty spoiled suburbanite punks with names to match. Parker? Seriously? Where's Mackenzie and Hunter? :laugh:

Also they look totally out of place with the more old-timey background characters.

2 hours ago, Legoanonymous said:

The sad thing is Hidden Side had potential to be something special, and Lego is replacing it with the repetitive sounding, anime-inspired Monkey Kid. Let's hope the castle will be the best set of them all.

Yea I have high hopes for the castle as well.

Regarding the potential of the theme,I don't know what else Lego could do with it.The town of Newbury is a small one,so I can't imagine how many more haunted locations there could be.

And I agree with @danth about the protagonists.I want my protagonists in any action theme to be tough as nails yet here we have a bunch of hip kids zapping ghosts with their phones.

13 hours ago, danth said:

You know what I liked the least about Hidden Side? The obnoxious looking protagonists. They looked like bratty spoiled suburbanite punks with names to match. Parker? Seriously? Where's Mackenzie and Hunter? :laugh:

Also they look totally out of place with the more old-timey background characters.

I agree with the above, they dropped the ball a bit with the protagonists being unlikeable and weirdly out of sync with the rest of the characters.

I hope the third wave is significantly better than the second wave we just got. If not, I won't mind the theme ending. I bought 4 sets from the first wave (and made sure to get the juice bar GWP), but haven't bought a single set from the second wave (instead opting to just get some of the figs from Pick a Brick). A significant drop in quality of the sets.

14 hours ago, Legoanonymous said:

Agree with this, but you have to remember Nexo Knights also had "special" potential (the forest and water monsters Lego published alongside wave 1, plus a much better app than HS) but they didn't follow through and the theme ended with a partly aborted, completely incongruous and truly awful "vampire" wave 4 which was rejected by a lot of retailers, and sold very poorly where it was available. 

MF was also a very short theme of just 2 waves, a mistake all but acknowledged when they released a monster CMF line a couple of years later. I guess the AR side of things will continue with Leaf/Monkey Kid or Zebra or whatever.

I guess the point I'm making is yes, unrealised potential is always disappointing but Lego has form here, so best to just enjoy themes whilst you can, a year or so. Other than the eternal Ninjago (way past it's sell-by and a horse flogged to death IMO), this is how things go. The "itch" of the new rules in the world of toys.

Edited by Lucarex

Ok, so if the theme ends, I won't be that surprised, but I seriously wish for a ghost CMF series that could contain Mamali, The Bawa, the grandma and grandpa ghosts, Belulah Demonay and more of the minifig ghosts, since the bigfig ghosts sadly seem pretty unlikely to me. 

just a thought. What if it doesn’t end? I know It may mean nothing... but just saw this on Amazon:

49476770433_866e39d61f_b.jpg

to be released in August. Quite late if we are indeed having the last wave this summer... we’ll see

52 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

just a thought. What if it doesn’t end? I know It may mean nothing... but just saw this on Amazon:

49476770433_866e39d61f_b.jpg

to be released in August. Quite late if we are indeed having the last wave this summer... we’ll see

That placeholder was spotted months ago. It was supposed to be released on launch so I wouldn’t be surprised to see it cancelled - wouldn’t be the first time. 

8 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

That placeholder was spotted months ago. It was supposed to be released on launch so I wouldn’t be surprised to see it cancelled - wouldn’t be the first time. 

I see. It’s the first time that I see it on amazon.ca so to me it seemed new. We  often get stuff on amazon.ca looooong after it shows up on amazon.com

7 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

The theme is ending indeed. But with a bang! You guys are going to love it. 

Ending with the third wave? Second one didn’t even counted much, it is awful (unlike the first great one).

4 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

I actually find the second wave good(weaker compared to the first one sure, but still good). My favorite sets from the second wave are the Lighthouse and Fair ground and they are at fair prices too. El Fuego's stunt plane is also good and Inside the Hidden Side is great for the minifigs. 

Yeah, the second wave was great! It was definitely a tonal shift from the first wave, but each set offered up something fantastic. Even the much maligned beach buggy gave us a fun little fidget toy, not to mention the brilliant two headed haunted mechanic minifig.

There was no 'showcase' set like the school or the bus, but it offered up some interesting builds (the plane is my personal favorite) and some great new Newbury locales... all at reasonable price points. The lighthouse was especially welcome, expanding on the Newbury waterfront.

From the digital side, the devs really amped it up for wave 2. The virtual environments for the wave 2 sets are rather impressive. I spent a large chunk of time just exploring the environmets, taking it all in. There were layers upon layers of detail in each level.

8 hours ago, Lucarex said:

MF was also a very short theme of just 2 waves, a mistake all but acknowledged when they released a monster CMF line a couple of years later. I guess the AR side of things will continue with Leaf/Monkey Kid or Zebra or whatever.

Ahem... excuse me but when did MF ever release a second wave? If by that you mean the Haunted House that's a long stretch. That single theme will CLEARLY outlast this joker "three waves within one year" theme.

Hate to say it... but I told you all so.

The only way AR works is if ALL the basic pieces are there, at least, to build and play with the set independent of the AR.

We knew AR worked well before HS... Pokemon Go proved that. HS doesn't win any accolades for contributing to AR... if anything it gets swept under a rug, forgotten about, and a theme that sells poorly in the secondary market that no one wants except for the sake of feeling important and being a completeness (aka Galidor).

1 hour ago, kelceycoe said:

Ahem... excuse me but when did MF ever release a second wave? If by that you mean the Haunted House that's a long stretch. That single theme will CLEARLY outlast this joker "three waves within one year" theme.

Maybe my memory but remember a good few months between the smaller sets and the HH and limited Zombies being made available? Certainly seemed like 2 waves but let's not split hairs, there were what 8 or so sets in total?

The CMF series that followed several years later also doesn't technically count but those figs were begging to be added to the VC and HH. Sadly I don't think we'll see this happen again with HS, which is a massive shame as everyone, kids and AFOLs alike, love ghosts and all things spooky, but for all the fun aspects of HS, there's just been too many poorly executed and disappointing elements IMO.

Edited by Lucarex

1 hour ago, kelceycoe said:

Hate to say it... but I told you all so.

The only way AR works is if ALL the basic pieces are there, at least, to build and play with the set independent of the AR.

We knew AR worked well before HS... Pokemon Go proved that. HS doesn't win any accolades for contributing to AR... if anything it gets swept under a rug, forgotten about, and a theme that sells poorly in the secondary market that no one wants except for the sake of feeling important and being a completeness (aka Galidor).

Edited by Harkonen

9 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

These are just nostalgia googles.MF is weak compared to Hidden Side, the amounts of details in the sets is impressive and the beach aesthetic is setting it apart.

On the contrary, I persoanlly find HS to be rather weak compared to MF. Out of the entire HS theme, the only sets I find attractive are the High School, the Stunt Plane, and the Lighthouse (and even those I would only be willing to buy if I find them at a good deal). With MF, on the other hand, I find all the sets attractive in their own right and I would be willing to buy them all, regardless of the price.

So yeah, the overall aesthetic of MF is a lot more appealing to me than HS.

Since we're on this topic I'll add my two cents.

Regarding the minifigures MF is the superior theme hands down,on one hand we have a colorful cast of protagonists and on the other a diverse cast of monsters.

HS on the other hand I find rather lacking,we have two protagonists which are painfully dull and not mention that after two waves we're still stuck with the same outfit variations that got introduced in the first wave.The monster catalogue is limited with only possesed citizens,I find the whole slimy head and waving green hair gimmick quite boring after the first couple of sets.

About the builds themeselves I'll give it to HS,while the MF builds are decent they pale in comparison to HS.

Edited by LOTR34

On 2/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, LOTR34 said:

It’s a Big Bang so it will follow the patterns of themes like ninjago chima and nexo knights