The submarine sounds neat if it's anywhere near as nice as the similarly priced Beach Buggy. I'm curious what kind of possessed character might be found in this set since we've already gotten a diver in the current wave. Maybe we could get a creepy animal as well like the alligator from the Shrimp Boat set.

The race car is also cool sounding—we haven't gotten a haunted vehicle since last year's ghost train. I'll be curious to see how the color wheel is affixed, considering that this year's sets have made a point to have the color wheel be an exterior piece of technology on haunted subjects (rather than integrated into the build like in most of the ghost-fighting vehicles or all of last year's sets). That might be harder to do effectively on a subject that's mobile, unless they come up with a creative solution that still works narratively.

An abandoned prison is an interesting subject as well, and fairly fitting for the setting. Of course, if the prison is abandoned I'm curious what kind of possessed citizen would be found there—would an abandoned prison still have security guards there?

The number in the name of the Fire Truck set makes it sound like rather than being a haunted vehicle, it might be a ghost-hunting vehicle like the Paranormal Intercept Bus 3000.

A little confused by the castle considering castles are not a typical fixture of Hidden Side's deep south setting. Perhaps like the "Welcome to the Hidden Side" set it's part of the Hidden Side itself, rather than the regular version of Newbury? If so that will probably be our best chance to get "Hidden Side" versions of characters other than Jack as well as more physical ghosts (hopefully including at least one blue "sad" ghost and maybe even a bigfig ghost if they figure out a way to make that work physically).

hidden side and Jurassic world are my main priority lego themes from now on lets hope the mystery castle is as good as the monster fighters vampires castle and haunted house with lots of playability

the fire truck sounds awesome too

6 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

The submarine sounds neat if it's anywhere near as nice as the similarly priced Beach Buggy. I'm curious what kind of possessed character might be found in this set since we've already gotten a diver in the current wave. Maybe we could get a creepy animal as well like the alligator from the Shrimp Boat set.

The race car is also cool sounding—we haven't gotten a haunted vehicle since last year's ghost train. I'll be curious to see how the color wheel is affixed, considering that this year's sets have made a point to have the color wheel be an exterior piece of technology on haunted subjects (rather than integrated into the build like in most of the ghost-fighting vehicles or all of last year's sets). That might be harder to do effectively on a subject that's mobile, unless they come up with a creative solution that still works narratively.

An abandoned prison is an interesting subject as well, and fairly fitting for the setting. Of course, if the prison is abandoned I'm curious what kind of possessed citizen would be found there—would an abandoned prison still have security guards there?

The number in the name of the Fire Truck set makes it sound like rather than being a haunted vehicle, it might be a ghost-hunting vehicle like the Paranormal Intercept Bus 3000.

A little confused by the castle considering castles are not a typical fixture of Hidden Side's deep south setting. Perhaps like the "Welcome to the Hidden Side" set it's part of the Hidden Side itself, rather than the regular version of Newbury? If so that will probably be our best chance to get "Hidden Side" versions of characters other than Jack as well as more physical ghosts (hopefully including at least one blue "sad" ghost and maybe even a bigfig ghost if they figure out a way to make that work physically).

the castle could be the lair of prime ghost lady e and what if in the submarine set we get a possessed shark

Castle sounds like the winner here, but sounds odd for HS

Prison sounds like it could be awesome as well.

If this list is legit they all sound great. I’d love to see another possessed vehicle; less excited about the fire truck (except that it might mean there’s finally a new protagonist who’s a firefighter, if only because I can’t picture the Newbury fire brigade just going “Okay, sure, you can retrofit our fire truck to fight ghosts. No worries. Later,” 

A castle is exactly what I expected, so hopefully it really will be in the Hidden Side and have a Lady E minifigure. An abandoned prison will hopefully be cool too. Can’t wait to see pictures (even if this is a fake list).

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

A little confused by the castle considering castles are not a typical fixture of Hidden Side's deep south setting. Perhaps like the "Welcome to the Hidden Side" set it's part of the Hidden Side itself, rather than the regular version of Newbury?

Well, perhaps by "Castle" they're instead suggesting an old Spanish fort? :shrug_confused:

8 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The castle could be where Lady E is hold Jack prisoner.

That or the abandoned prison. I just hope they aren't a part of the same building and the prison's more 1930's.

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Stop over thinking a LEGO theme. The south dent have subways either.

This is one of the most interesting original themes from Lego in the recent past. Hopefully it sticks around for awhile.

One thing I would like to see in this theme is some more of the modern style clothing / minifigure designs.

Just a random thought but given the HS designers confirmed that the Portal and Subway sets were designed to sit back-to-back (thematically if not actually connected), perhaps the Abandoned Prison and Castle are part of the same location (as in real-life Oxford)?

Similar to Nexo Knights Fortrex where the Merlock’s Library set was actually a smaller modular that connected into the castle build when opened up.

Edited by Lucarex

So I'm gonna have to wait for the pictures to make up my mind, but the submarine sounds super interesting, I already want the abandoned prison and if the castle has Lady E and/or a bigfig boss ghost, I'm all in for it :laugh:

12 hours ago, Maple said:

Stop over thinking a LEGO theme. The south dent have subways either.

You're right that the south specifically didn't have subways, but it did have trolley and tram lines, many of which have gone out of service like some of the subterranean systems farther to the north. An abandoned subway still fits with Hidden Side's overall aesthetic of post-industrial urban decay.

Castles are a little less so. Mainland America didn't really have much in the way of castles. There are rare examples, usually manor-type castles built by rich eccentrics, but that's about it.

Finally, I am going to ask you politely not to talk down to me. I am under no illusion that a Lego theme like this has to adhere strictly to the real world, but the fact that we do have a real world setting that many of the sets have drawn from can certainly help to inform our expectations for the theme going forward, especially in the absence of more in-depth descriptions. That's why I raised the possibility that the castle might be a structure within the Hidden Side itself, and thus have differing architecture to the world of the living as has been depicted thus far. I'd already considered the possibility that the "Welcome to the Hidden Side" set probably wouldn't be the only set we'd get with that aesthetic, and a large castle-type set could complement the portal set nicely as well as serve as a good climax for this year's plotline of Lady E. trying to kidnap Jack and bring him to the Hidden Side.

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, perhaps by "Castle" they're instead suggesting an old Spanish fort? :shrug_confused:

This could also be possibility, especially since the list we're working from is translated from Spanish in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Lady E gets a physical form in the castle set. The set acts as a portal, Hidden Side ghosts can get out from it (blue and pink). She looks like pic related(taken from lego.com most wanted ghosts) but with a ghost tail. Castle is  similar to Monsters Fighters one but it has the door entrance that can be opened to reveal the portal, it can also transform. 

Oh, this sounds cool. Glad to hear physical Lady E. confirmed. Now if we just knew what E stands for . . also I suppose there’ll be blue and pink ghosts in the castle, then. Sweet. 

So the castle also has a ‘possessed mode’? Interesting. I suppose it’s not completely in the Hidden Side then. Shame. 

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, this sounds cool. Glad to hear physical Lady E. confirmed. Now if we just knew what E stands for . . also I suppose there’ll be blue and pink ghosts in the castle, then. Sweet. 

I don't think we'll actually find out what the E. stands for. I personally think it just stands for Evil or something obvious like that

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think we'll actually find out what the E. stands for. I personally think it just stands for Evil or something obvious like that

It stands for Evelina. It was in one of the ghost's bios.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:23 AM, Lyichir said:

Castles are a little less so. Mainland America didn't really have much in the way of castles. There are rare examples, usually manor-type castles built by rich eccentrics, but that's about it.

There are more castles in the USA, and more so the south, than there are subways. So let's not get too hung up on things. It's a LEGO theme with ghosts and yellow people.

Even something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Proctor  (Lousiana, near New Orleans) could be cool, at least that won't be some stylized luxury villa type building but an actual fort, and it's abandoned.

Fort_Proctor.jpg

It even says this : 

In the 1940s and 1950s, before it was engulfed by Lake Borgne, the ruins of the fort were a popular gathering place for teenagers seeking a spot where they would not be supervised.

But I rather just have it based on an original LEGO design, not everything needs to be based on real-life, especially in a ghost theme.

And then I found this : 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/hidden-side (link page goes to daytime version of this pic below)

There's a Castle in the back of this artwork.

37b51cb439e4ca08707d2ae7dc870ad3.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Even something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Proctor  (Lousiana, near New Orleans) could be cool, at least that won't be some stylized luxury villa type building but an actual fort, and it's abandoned.

Fort_Proctor.jpg

It even says this

In the 1940s and 1950s, before it was engulfed by Lake Borgne, the ruins of the fort were a popular gathering place for teenagers seeking a spot where they would not be supervised.

But I rather just have it based on an original LEGO design, not everything needs to be based on real-life, especially in a ghost theme.

Obviously it doesn't have to look exactly like that. But looking at that pic I do kind of hope the one in the set might look out over the ocean like that—a spooky castle rising up over the rocky shore would be pretty dramatic, not to mention different from a lot of past Lego castles (which often give the impression of being more inland).

Glad we will be getting a sad ghost along with the angry and wild ones in the previous set!

With a physical version of Lady E, I do have a slight worry that the Hidden Side theme might wrap up after that. But I suppose they could introduce a bigger baddie like Ninjago did with the Overlord, or have Lady E regain a human form sort of like how Monstrox became freed from the Book of Monsters in Nexo Knights.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Obviously it doesn't have to look exactly like that. But looking at that pic I do kind of hope the one in the set might look out over the ocean like that—a spooky castle rising up over the rocky shore would be pretty dramatic, not to mention different from a lot of past Lego castles (which often give the impression of being more inland).

I edited my post since I stumbled on a completely different castle in an official artwork, so I really don't know what to expect.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

With a physical version of Lady E, I do have a slight worry that the Hidden Side theme might wrap up after that. But I suppose they could introduce a bigger baddie like Ninjago did with the Overlord, or have Lady E regain a human form sort of like how Monstrox became freed from the Book of Monsters in Nexo Knights.

Also on the official website they kind of hint at 3 seasons with the "color" wheel , Season 1 , Season 2,  and greyed out (Lady E?) ghost button.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/hidden-side/app

Of course that doesn't have to mean much but found it interesting.

Edited by TeriXeri

the castle looks like its been in the background since the beginning of this theme. latest?cb=20190908164112