I never really think lots of images from retailer catalogue so helpful because many time sets are released very differently from how they look. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:59 AM, Sugoi said:

I never really think lots of images from retailer catalogue so helpful because many time sets are released very differently from how they look. 

It's just the minifigures that look diffrent - most of them are placeholders. 

NEW set images have been officially released!!!

The lighthouse is the pick of the crop for me, as expected :wub_drool:

The spooky tree set and ghosts look good, but the other sets particularly vehicles are utterly disappointing same as with wave 1.

Lots to discuss...

Edited by Lucarex

As expected, the lighthouse is the top set. I also like the portal and the plane a lot. I cannot recognize a metro station, but the colour scheme is quite nice. The truck is... just another truck, highlited with the double-headed ghost. The only positive about  the coster/fairground set are the minifigs. I like the Clowns. The rest is really weak.     

We finally have set images!

The Lighthouse and the Hidden Side Portal are the best two, as expected. The Subway Station is honestly disappointing, I was hoping it would be compatible with proper tracks, not . . whatever all that is. El Fuego’s Stunt Plane actually looks a lot better than expected, though I am very curious about why El Fuego is a skeleton. The Beach Buggy set looks even more disappointing, but the figures are great so I’ll have to get it anyway. And the Fairground . . honestly, more than I expected. I particularly like that it’s actually two separate roller coasters, sort of at least, with one being one of those upward launch . . I forget what they’re called but it’s cool. I’m not sure I’ll have space for it, but if I do, well I like it. 

Can I just say I love Jack’s new dual-moulded hat/hair piece? And the return of the Wyldstyle folded-down hoodie part in white and presumably red. Though I am surprised that they didn’t put the Wave 1 hat/hair Parker combo or hat/hood Jack combo in a single set. Except the Portal, but it’s a recolour it doesn’t count. It just surprised me that they’re willing to invest in so many new moulds for the theme and retire them so quickly. (I notice that neither the ghost wings nor the ghost tentacles parts from wave 1 are in any of these sets; disappointing.)

Oh, and speaking of new moulds; it looks like there’s some kind of new slime parts pack, a la the Ninjago Weapons and Superheroes Power Blasts! That looks awesome and it’s such a great idea!

I can’t wait to get hands on with these sets; the Portal and Lighthouse are must-haves.

Oh, and one more thing; each set, as expected, prominently features a presumably named main villain ghost in the box art, like the first wave . . but the Portal set shows a white ghost lady. We haven’t seen any ghosts that don’t fit the red blue yellow scheme before, so . . could this white ghost be some kind of big boss? Maybe even the rumoured Lady E. herself? If it is, I’ll be kind of disappointed; we know there’s at least two r three big sets coming in Summer 2020 and I expected another big mansion that Lady E. could be the named ghost for. Doesn’t make much sense to have her with the little Portal. 

52 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

NEW set images have been officially released!!!

The lighthouse is the pick of the crop for me, as expected :wub_drool:

The spooky tree set and ghosts look good, but the other sets particularly vehicles are utterly disappointing same as with wave 1.

Lots to discuss...

If they are official where are they?

So many new molds! The double head mold and the new body attachment are my favorite. Overall I love 4 of these sets! The plane and buggy are meh to me but the rest are great!

I like this wave a lot more than the previous sets! Overall thoughts per set:

Portal - Nice little set which I will primarily buy for the 3 amazing ghosts. I love how we're finally getting the generic ghosts as they appear in the app!

Buggy - Really bad set. I like the double head piece and Jack's new hat/hair combomold but that's about it. Hard pass for me

Plane - Kinda funny how El Fuego seems to have been killed off in between waves. I kinda like this set but I'll probably only buy it with a nice discount

Subway station - Those new ghostpieces look really cool! The set itself doesn't really look like a subway station but I do see some good parts in here so I'll probably pick this one up too

Lighthouse - Not the biggest fan of the design. The figures aren't that special but with a good discount I might pick it up for the parts

Ghost Fair - I LOVE the clownghosts but the rest of the set is really bad

Portal - I like it more than the Ghost Lab, the minifigures are amazing, but not worth 20$ in my opinion.

Buggy - Again, amazing minifigures, nice that the buggy has suspention, but not worth 20$.

Plane - One of my favorites. Great Minifigs, great pieces, and the plane looks very good. I'll pick it up as soon as I find it at a nice discount.

Subway Station - Doesn't really look like a subway station, and the build isn't anything to write home about. An easy pass from me.

Lighthouse - Really cool set, but I'll probably only get it if I can find it at a nice discount.

Ghost Fair - Not really my cup of tea. And considering the fact that it's supposed to be the flagship of this wave, it's kinda disappointing. 

Overall, The minifigures are a massive improvement from the last wave, but the sets are more or less the same.

Edited by Lego David

Overall very disappointing. -Subway Station..? Where? Not even close.  I had very high expertations to that one!

The Ghost Fair is the only one on my wanted list in this wave, the lighthouse just a maybe. The rest is no-go.

Sets are unique in their own way for sure, but still just isn't my go-to theme right now.

Parts, colors and figures certainly look great but for me if I'd get any sets they'd likely be parts packs.

Of course I have yet to compare this head to head with 2020 City and Creator 3-in-1, and 1 picture isn't enough to draw a final conclusion.

Still, LEGO shows it can make fairly different locations of sets unlikely to be seen much within City/Friends so far.

The airplane certainly is the better vehicle set of the wave, those wings actually being studded and still curved at the sides is a nice difference from just plates/tiles.

But for me the 2019/2020 road vehicles are oversized but I can see them being great for play, the little details like the gas pump is nice however, would make a nice tiny set by itself for a City Magazine or something.

Edited by TeriXeri

Last wave was better... Still love the Ghost Fair, if not largely because it has a circusish feel which we don't get much of outside DC.

I don't really see the problem with the subway station, it is just a small piece of one. The left hand side looks like a (small) section of platform and the taller middle arch is clearly the subway part, where the trains go. It appears that there is a train there, but that it is flipped open to reveal the monster inside it. I assume it looks more like a small train when flipped back down. I'm not sure what the third, right hand section is - it looks like a hole which might just be reminiscent of being an underground system, or maybe there is some specific use for it to be revealed.

Nice sets. But wait... Is El Fuego dead?! :oh: Is this the first time Lego has killed off one of their characters? He seems to be undead, but still, that would be Quite bold of them to do. And why is he a skeleton and not a ghost like the rest? So many questions!

I'm also loving the radical 90’s redesigns of Jack and Parker! Fanny Packs and backwards caps FTW! :grin:

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

We finally have set images!

The Lighthouse and the Hidden Side Portal are the best two, as expected. The Subway Station is honestly disappointing, I was hoping it would be compatible with proper tracks, not . . whatever all that is. El Fuego’s Stunt Plane actually looks a lot better than expected, though I am very curious about why El Fuego is a skeleton. The Beach Buggy set looks even more disappointing, but the figures are great so I’ll have to get it anyway. And the Fairground . . honestly, more than I expected. I particularly like that it’s actually two separate roller coasters, sort of at least, with one being one of those upward launch . . I forget what they’re called but it’s cool. I’m not sure I’ll have space for it, but if I do, well I like it. 

Can I just say I love Jack’s new dual-moulded hat/hair piece? And the return of the Wyldstyle folded-down hoodie part in white and presumably red. Though I am surprised that they didn’t put the Wave 1 hat/hair Parker combo or hat/hood Jack combo in a single set. Except the Portal, but it’s a recolour it doesn’t count. It just surprised me that they’re willing to invest in so many new moulds for the theme and retire them so quickly. (I notice that neither the ghost wings nor the ghost tentacles parts from wave 1 are in any of these sets; disappointing.)

Oh, and speaking of new moulds; it looks like there’s some kind of new slime parts pack, a la the Ninjago Weapons and Superheroes Power Blasts! That looks awesome and it’s such a great idea!

I can’t wait to get hands on with these sets; the Portal and Lighthouse are must-haves.

Oh, and one more thing; each set, as expected, prominently features a presumably named main villain ghost in the box art, like the first wave . . but the Portal set shows a white ghost lady. We haven’t seen any ghosts that don’t fit the red blue yellow scheme before, so . . could this white ghost be some kind of big boss? Maybe even the rumoured Lady E. herself? If it is, I’ll be kind of disappointed; we know there’s at least two r three big sets coming in Summer 2020 and I expected another big mansion that Lady E. could be the named ghost for. Doesn’t make much sense to have her with the little Portal. 

The portal box names the white lady as lady E so sorry 

27 minutes ago, Oky said:

Nice sets. But wait... Is El Fuego dead?! :oh: Is this the first time Lego has killed off one of their characters? He seems to be undead, but still, that would be Quite bold of them to do. And why is he a skeleton and not a ghost like the rest? So many questions!

I'm also loving the radical 90’s redesigns of Jack and Parker! Fanny Packs and backwards caps FTW! :grin:

I guess it could be like a dummy or something

Can anyone possibly calculate the approx width (and height) of the Lighthouse from the pics?
I have a specific shelf gap next to the Old Fishing Store and wonder if it’ll fit...

About the box art, I'm still not sold on the idea of featuring so prominently ghosts that are not included in physical form, like the one on the plane set

Edited by Robert8

29 minutes ago, Oky said:

Well they “killed” and ghostified Spencer so all bets are off. I guess we’ll find out soon enough, either in the next animated YT episode or issue 3 of the magazine.

I’m more interested in what’s happened to gloomed (or hypothermia-suffering) Jack in the Portal set.

Just now, Robert8 said:

About the box art, I'm still not sold on the idea of featuring so prominently ghosts that are not included in physical form, like the one on the plane set

Whilst I personally love the box art, I think there’s the valid discussion to be had that it harms sales, as makes it hard to identify sets on the shelf.

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Completely agree

8 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Can anyone possibly calculate the approx width (and height) of the Lighthouse from the pics?
I have a specific shelf gap next to the Old Fishing Store and wonder if it’ll fit...

It looks to me like it’s 29 studs wide and 31 bricks high. Though if that’s too wide, 6 of those studs is just the little colour gizmo attachment, which looks easy to remove. There might be added width on the left side that I can’t see behind the meat of the build, though. 

I actually have a gap in my city on the coast that it should fit perfectly into. Which means I’m probably going to get the Lighthouse for that. I’d love to see the interior, though; most of the sets everything is pretty apparent just from the one picture, but the Lighthouse looks like it has a big interior that might win a lot of people over. 

46 minutes ago, Oky said:

Is this the first time Lego has killed off one of their characters?

No, there have been plenty of LEGO Characters that got killed off in the past...:ugh:

52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I guess it could be like a dummy or something

I don’t think so. If you look closely at his face, he definitely has a happy expression as opposed to the neutral face of a dummy or regular skeleton. 

And yeah, I agree with the criticisms about the box art. While they’re neat artworks, they make it hard to tell what’s actually in the set and to tell them apart on the shelf. 

47 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

I’m more interested in what’s happened to gloomed (or hypothermia-suffering) Jack in the Portal set.

I think the portal set is meant to represent the ghost realm On the other side of the portal and the green/bluish atmosphere there is making jack look so ghostly, which is ingenious in my opinion. [spooler]Or if the hidden side is as cold as its inspiration, the Upside Down, maybe Jack really is suffering from Hypothermia. :laugh: [\spoiler]

31 minutes ago, Lego David said:

No, there have been plenty of LEGO Characters that got killed off in the past...:ugh:

Really? Which ones?

I know Cole got turned into a ghost for a while, but he didn’t really die. I guess Garmadon and Zane did, but they got revived, so does that count?
There was also that dead Aqua Raiders diver in Atlantis, although that was more an Easter egg than them killing off a named character. Can’t really think of anyone else...

I translated some of the German set descriptions; apparently they’re framing the Subway as a portal into the ghost world. Which makes sense looking at the sets; the Subway is the living world side of the portal, and the massive tree is the ghost world side.