4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So we heard on the app that there's code to recognise Pilot and Stewardess minifigures, which implies that one of the upcoming sets is going to be a Possessed Plane. The existence of a Stewardess implies that it's going to be a passenger plane, which means it'll probably be big. Based on the rumoured part counts, I suspect it'll be 70431 or 70432. Or one of the ones with unnumbered part counts. Thoughts?

Speaking of which, I'm just now noticing that none of the leaked part counts at all approach this year's larger sets, the Haunted High School had close to three times the largest known set of this wave. If the known and unknown sets are different waves, that would imply a smaller supplementary wave for winter next year. But if this is all one wave, then I suspect that the unknown ones will be on the larger side. 

People had speculated that there are going to be 2 waves next year,in the leaked list the sets with piece count will probably be the winter wave and those sets without piece count will be the summer wave.I'm expecting that the summer wave will pack the big sets like the rumored plane set.

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So we heard on the app that there's code to recognise Pilot and Stewardess minifigures, which implies that one of the upcoming sets is going to be a Possessed Plane. The existence of a Stewardess implies that it's going to be a passenger plane, which means it'll probably be big. Based on the rumoured part counts, I suspect it'll be 70431 or 70432. Or one of the ones with unnumbered part counts. Thoughts?

Speaking of which, I'm just now noticing that none of the leaked part counts at all approach this year's larger sets, the Haunted High School had close to three times the largest known set of this wave. If the known and unknown sets are different waves, that would imply a smaller supplementary wave for winter next year. But if this is all one wave, then I suspect that the unknown ones will be on the larger side. 

I'm a little curious about a plane as well—especially considering that the pre-fab City jumbo jet parts don't seem like they'd be all that conducive to haunted features, which could perhaps suggest a more unusual build. Of course, it's possible that like the train, it doesn't offer much of an interior and could instead be a smaller plane and airport combo (which might do better as a way to position the set in a stable, predictable arrangement, like with train and station set).

That said, we also can't necessarily assume for sure how those figs are meant to be unlocked. It's possible that next year might feature some sort of Hidden Side minifigure packs that offer figs and perhaps a small base without a full-sized build (offering a more low-budget option for unlocking new content for the app, sort of like the Nexo Power packs from Nexo Knights' second year).

14 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I'm a little curious about a plane as well—especially considering that the pre-fab City jumbo jet parts don't seem like they'd be all that conducive to haunted features, which could perhaps suggest a more unusual build. Of course, it's possible that like the train, it doesn't offer much of an interior and could instead be a smaller plane and airport combo (which might do better as a way to position the set in a stable, predictable arrangement, like with train and station set).

That said, we also can't necessarily assume for sure how those figs are meant to be unlocked. It's possible that next year might feature some sort of Hidden Side minifigure packs that offer figs and perhaps a small base without a full-sized build (offering a more low-budget option for unlocking new content for the app, sort of like the Nexo Power packs from Nexo Knights' second year).

Do you unlock content based on the figs? I thought you got content mostly from builds? Still haven't tried the app myself, but the recent destruction of my old iPad has made upgrading a priority so I will in the next couple of days. 

It’s also possible that it’s based on temp info and couldn’t have anything to do with wave 2 at all - after all, there’s a lot of weird inconsistencies with the minifig scan feature, like calling Elton (El Fuego) a pianist, referring to some named characters with placeholders (“Oh no! Young kid #1 is possessed!”) and so on...

That being said, if there is indeed a plane next wave, I can see it being some sort of crashed plane (like the Swamp Ghost: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Ghost) or a prop biplane — something you’d see around this sort of setting.

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Do you unlock content based on the figs? I thought you got content mostly from builds? Still haven't tried the app myself, but the recent destruction of my old iPad has made upgrading a priority so I will in the next couple of days. 

There’s a “scan a minifig” feature that (and I say this very loosely) “tries” to recognize what figure you put in front of the camera. In actuality it only gets it right maybe less than 5-10% of the time, hence how I discovered these names I didn’t recognize, like Possessed Youtuber Parker, Pilot, Stewardess, and someone named “Armitage.”

**I posted a list of Hidden Side 2020 sets I’d like to see in the 2019 thread but thought it may belong here instead**

What is everyone hoping for with Hidden Side in 2020? I’ve made a list of my dream sets which you’ll find below;

- Haunted Library £17.99 (Same size as the Lab with two isles of books and a convertible librarian mini figure)

- El Fuegoes Stunt Plane £24.99 (Similar to the plane included in the Monster Fighters Ghost Train with a small side build for the AR possibilities) 

- Haunted Lighthouse £44.99 (Basically the Scooby Doo Lighthouse but with Hidden Side features - built to compliment the shrimp ship) 

- Jack & Parker’s Treehouses £69.99 (Large scale tree house with a slide to an underground base where the team can have scanning computers etc. The monster build could be something as small as a haunted swing set) 

- Supermarket Extraction £109.99 (Large scale supermarket with haunted kiosks and a sign that bursts off with eyes underneath - lots of ghost employees)

5 minutes ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

**I posted a list of Hidden Side 2020 sets I’d like to see in the 2019 thread but thought it may belong here instead**

What is everyone hoping for with Hidden Side in 2020? I’ve made a list of my dream sets which you’ll find below;

- Haunted Library £17.99 (Same size as the Lab with two isles of books and a convertible librarian mini figure)

- El Fuegoes Stunt Plane £24.99 (Similar to the plane included in the Monster Fighters Ghost Train with a small side build for the AR possibilities) 

- Haunted Lighthouse £44.99 (Basically the Scooby Doo Lighthouse but with Hidden Side features - built to compliment the shrimp ship) 

- Jack & Parker’s Treehouses £69.99 (Large scale tree house with a slide to an underground base where the team can have scanning computers etc. The monster build could be something as small as a haunted swing set) 

- Supermarket Extraction £109.99 (Large scale supermarket with haunted kiosks and a sign that bursts off with eyes underneath - lots of ghost employees)

That sounds awesome. I'd replace the Treehouse with an actual house for Jack or Parker, though, maybe including gloom-able versions of their parents or a younger sibling. I feel like the absence of parents for Jack and Parker is a very noticeable plot hole, and I know Hidden Side isn't as narrative-focused as, say, Ninjago or Chima, but I can't imagine that their families would have no objections to them risking their lives to fight ghosts. Unless they're both orphans who know each other by way of growing up in the same orphanage, in which case we need a haunted orphanage and a gloom-able orphanage director/den mother. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That sounds awesome. I'd replace the Treehouse with an actual house for Jack or Parker, though, maybe including gloom-able versions of their parents or a younger sibling. I feel like the absence of parents for Jack and Parker is a very noticeable plot hole, and I know Hidden Side isn't as narrative-focused as, say, Ninjago or Chima, but I can't imagine that their families would have no objections to them risking their lives to fight ghosts. Unless they're both orphans who know each other by way of growing up in the same orphanage, in which case we need a haunted orphanage and a gloom-able orphanage director/den mother. 

Oh my...a haunted orphanage would be incredible. Definitely too far for Lego but at the same size as the school that could be a wonderful set. I was debating on a house or like tree house for Jack & Parker and went for a tree house as a sort of ‘base’ rather than a family home as I think it would be a little more interesting. Although, the hauntified versions of their parents would be an awsome inclusion with that. 

I really am loving these sets - they’re sparking such creativity in me and I’ve already made 3 mocs just from the season 1 sets alone and I haven’t done that in years. I hope this theme will be extremely successful so we see some more sets next year ?

An orphanage is a too delicate topic and would not be touch by Lego in my opinion.

But all other ideas are cool and I would like to see them as sets. A Lighthouse or boat house would be a nice compliment to the boat.

17 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

An orphanage is a too delicate topic and would not be touch by Lego in my opinion.

But all other ideas are cool and I would like to see them as sets. A Lighthouse or boat house would be a nice compliment to the boat.

I agree, it was just a suggestion. I'd still rather see Jack or Parker's house and family as a medium to big set in an upcoming wave.

And personally I think the Shrimp Shack is supposed to go with the boat. It's a Shrimp fishing boat, and a restaurant that sells shrimp, and part of the restaurant is built like a little dock. 

That's not to say I wouldn't like a lighthouse, I'd love a lighthouse. 

These are my guesses

The whole theme would be a haunted carnival

-Carousel: A vintage-looking carousel similar in size to the 10257 one. Part of the decoration could be like clown heads that can be rotated to reveal possesed versions. Also possesed carousel horses, instead of people. They can use the regular horse bodies with a new head with a longer messy mane, similar to the new hairpieces introduced for the theme.

-Ferris Wheel: This one would have a gigantic minifigure face, similar to the Disneyland one. Of course, the main feature would be transforming the smiley face into a possesed one. It could like a main boss or something.

-Chair Swing Ride: Parker and Jack try to save several Newbury citizens who are tangled in the ride swings 

-Haunted House: Biggest set of the wave. Even bigger than the school. It would be like those haunted carvinal attractions and you would have to use the app to reveal who are costumed workers and who are actually possesed

Edited by Robert8

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

These are my guesses

The whole theme would be a haunted carnival

-Carousel: A vintage-looking carousel similar in size to the 10257 one. Part of the decoration could be like clown heads that can be rotated to reveal possesed versions. Also possesed carousel horses, instead of people. They can use the regular horse bodies with a new head with a longer messy mane, similar to the new hairpieces introduced for the theme.

-Ferris Wheel: This one would have a gigantic minifigure face, similar to the Disneyland one. Of course, the main feature would be transforming the smiley face into a possesed one. It could like a main boss or something.

-Chair Swing Ride: Parker and Jack try to save several Newbury citizens who are tangled in the ride swings 

-Haunted House: Biggest set of the wave. Even bigger than the school. It would be like those haunted carvinal attractions and you would have to use the app to reveal who are costumed workers and who are actually possesed

As awesome as all this would be, I really don’t want to see Hidden Side devolve into a mess of sequential sub themes like Nexo Knights and Friends did and China in its third year. Or Ninjago, but the biannual subthemes of Ninjago have become veritably epynonymous. 

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

As awesome as all this would be, I really don’t want to see Hidden Side devolve into a mess of sequential sub themes like Nexo Knights and Friends did and China in its third year. Or Ninjago, but the biannual subthemes of Ninjago have become veritably epynonymous. 

I think a Friends-like structure would be good, actually. Certainly not ALL limited to “subthemes” (with several sets each wave that don’t tie in with a larger subthemes), but with at least a few sets that tie in with one another from wave to wave.

The problem with avoiding a strategy like that altogether is that the longer a theme goes on, the greater the risk of waves “blending together” and newer sets failing to stand out. Having motifs or themes to tie new waves together helps to emphasize a sense of progression and “newness” even when older sets remain available.

In that sense, having upcoming waves that feature new subjects that fit together thematically as parts of a larger whole (like a fairground, summer camp, or shopping mall) could help to create a “focal point” of sorts for each new wave while still allowing room for one-off locations and vehicles that don’t relate directly to those subjects.

After a few waves of haunted buildings, while I love that aesthetic, I'd love to see the protagonists take the fight to whatever realm the ghosts are from, if only to have the chance to get some of the amazing ghosts in minifigure form, like the one made up of stacked torso extenders, the teddy bear, Bawa, etc...

And the ten more sets next wave is quite a lot, even bigger than the launch wave, which is interesting.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

And the ten more sets next wave is quite a lot, even bigger than the launch wave, which is interesting.

Maybe some of those are smaller ones, like Ninjago had Spinjutsu spinner packs and Nexo Knights had "Ultimate" and Battlesuit sets.

Small packs with ways to customize normal/ghost figures/accesoires would be amazing, I really liked the Ultimate Nexo Knight sets for the customization accesoires.

What I want to see is some town/ghost people set(s), without just another repeat of the main chararacters/dog in every single set.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 7/21/2019 at 4:25 PM, kelceycoe said:

Lego must know something we don't to already have information available to the public about ten new sets for HS next year.

I'm with a lot of people. I think the second wave should have more actual ghosts and not these TimeCruiser swaps that look horrible. I wasn't a fan of the Ninjago Ghost series and not a fan of these ghosts at all. Way too fake. I didn't like the ghost pieces in the GB HQ set either, only the minifigs. These minifigs look like shit. I was going to buy one or two sets but they're poorly designed and way too flashy for me. That doesn't include the whole stupid AR concept. Why even have Lego sets if we can just play games on our phones that look way better than the sets?

Here's hoping the ghosts break beyond the ghost barrier and come into the real Newbury world so we get rid of the AR bull. Wave 2 would be much better.

I'm not a huge fan of Stranger Things either. I like it and enjoy the throwback to the '80s (which I didn't remember as that great as they glorify) but I don't love it, especially for a $200 set where I'd only care to have the monster.

Sounds like this kind of thing just isn’t for you.

As much as I would like to see the ghosts in a physical form that isn’t the storyline Lego seem to be going for so I don’t think it would fit changing it so early on. The way I see it is that the ghosts are only visible through the phone and they spread the thing called “gloom” which infects the mini figures and the objects causing these transformations. Therefore it doesn’t really make sense to have them as physical builds despite how much I’d love to see that brick built teddy ghost in person ?

I’ve been messing with the app some more, and the minifig scan gave me two new results; Pianist Elton and Gardener. This implies that there’ll be a haunted garden of some sort next year, and also maybe a concert hall with Mr. Elton playing the piano. Interesting. 

I've just inquired about this over on the 2020 Ninjago topic, and thought I'd ask here too. Does anyone here have any kinda clue where that one leaked mystery torso may belong to? It depicts an unzipped, Earth Green biker's jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, an orange "Phoenix" insignia on the back, and tan-colored hands. :shrug_confused:

On 8/11/2019 at 5:10 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I've just inquired about this over on the 2020 Ninjago topic, and thought I'd ask here too. Does anyone here have any kinda clue where that one leaked mystery torso may belong to? It depicts an unzipped, Earth Green biker's jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, an orange "Phoenix" insignia on the back, and tan-colored hands. :shrug_confused:

Doesn’t seem like a Ninjago torso, that belt that looks to be the car seatbelt style belt. That, to me, wouldn’t fit with Ninjago. It could be a possessed person for next wave of HS, maybe a grease monkey. 

19 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Doesn’t seem like a Ninjago torso, that belt that looks to be the car seatbelt style belt. That, to me, wouldn’t fit with Ninjago. It could be a possessed person for next wave of HS, maybe a grease monkey. 

Given some of the characters' unique fashion sense, Hidden Side does seem fitting for the torso design, because who the heck wears a dark green leather biker's jacket? I mean, is there a real-world precedent for that sorta thing? :def_shrug:

So this morning I was browsing a 4chan archive, and noticed that someone had posted some set names. Take this with a grain of salt since 4chan is 4chan, but apparently the sets are:

Capture.PNG.5d2ad191e20b62652e36fb709a6aa55c.PNG

Again, take it with a grain of salt, these could be entirely wrong, but they seem to line up with what others have been talking about in this thread so far so I figured I'd post it.

Edited by shadefoundry

23 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

So this morning I was browsing a 4chan archive, and noticed that someone had posted some set names. Take this with a grain of salt since 4chan is 4chan, but apparently the sets are:

Capture.PNG.5d2ad191e20b62652e36fb709a6aa55c.PNG

Again, take it with a grain of salt, these could be entirely wrong, but they seem to line up with what others have been talking about in this thread so far so I figured I'd post it.

A bulldozer and a lighthouse? Plus a residential house for Jack? Oh man I hope that list is real. If Jack’s Haunted House is the fourth on the list, it’ll probably be at a medium range price point. Which means it should be relatively small and thus easy to integrate into a city, hopefully. 

33 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

A bulldozer and a lighthouse? Plus a residential house for Jack? Oh man I hope that list is real. If Jack’s Haunted House is the fourth on the list, it’ll probably be at a medium range price point. Which means it should be relatively small and thus easy to integrate into a city, hopefully.

If this list turns out to be real, I'm going to be the most excited for the Lighthouse, Jack's House and *maybe* the garden if it looks nice. I love spooky locations and these ones sound like they've got a ton of potential.