Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

16 hours ago, Lucarex said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one having that thought, because after the initial "holy crap they're doing another haunted house!" excitement has dissipated, I'm really not feeling the must-have urges, and realise it's because the exterior itself isn't anything special architecturally-speaking. It's ok I guess but it's supposed to be a fairground attraction, in other words, over the top spooky, yet there's none of that really. For the price and space it'll take up, I think I'll be quite content instead with the more gothic Hidden Side/MF Vampire Castle combo.

I think the DB5 "double licence to price gouge" was a one off given the unique circumstances where both Eon and AM held rights to the iconic car. I can't think of another example to be honest.

Agree though on a vault re-release, like the Taj last year. Just gut feeling but think we might see the Sydney Opera House dusted off.

I was hoping for the Eiffel Tower (10181) to come back at some point.  It might be too old of a design though considering the amount of regular bricks it has.  

5 more this year is a lot, when we already got:

1. modular
  2. fairground
  3. car
  4. "English landmark set" aka old Trafford

One is of course the winter village, but what about the other 4? The HP set do not count right?

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

1. modular
  2. fairground
  3.  car
  4.  "English landmark set" aka old Trafford

One is of course the winter village, but what about the other 4? The HP set do not count right?

1) Winter Village

2) Modular-line car promo/GWP from the Ideas/fan contest. (40409). This is not confirmed, just an educated guess.

3) ??

4) ??

5) ??

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

"English landmark set" aka old Trafford

:hmpf_bad: Please. That rusty leaky pile of soulless inner city bricks is in no sense an "English landmark" (like Big Ben/HOP or Tower Bridge) as part of any theme and shouldn't be considered as anything other than a one-off commercial grab of an increasingly irrelevant club (and example of corporate greed whilst drowning in debt) desperate to sell more "merch" China by piggybacking a bigger brand, with an unknown design lead at TLG jumping at the chance to play fanboy.

Yeah I'm not a fan :laugh: and unsurprisingly I've since heard the set has sold well below expectations (just like the club's performances on the pitch in recent years!)

5 hours ago, Calvinw said:

I was hoping for the Eiffel Tower (10181) to come back at some point.  It might be too old of a design though considering the amount of regular bricks it has.  

Well there's already been 2 more Eiffel's since in the Architecture line, the standalone from 5 years or so ago and the more recent Paris skyline, so I think it's alreay well catered for.

Edited by Lucarex

2 hours ago, autolycus said:

1) Winter Village

2) Modular-line car promo/GWP from the Ideas/fan contest. (40409). This is not confirmed, just an educated guess.

3) ??

4) ??

5) ??

3) what about the new modular I know it is available but they always announce it in the December so technically it could be classed as this year

4) possibly something National Geographic based, a boat or something animal based I'm basing this on the cross over of city nasa line and the moon lander 

5) a re-release I think the Eiffel Tower 

Looking back over the last few years there only seems to be 4 or 5 sets a year released an extra 4 (or 5 if the GWP is one of them) would be double what they normally release although if their going for the 18+ market (AFOLs)  maybe that's the plan

If there would be one set they'd bring back, I wish it were the 2008 Town Plan, but very unlikely because that was a special 50th anniversary set, and also there's likely a City D2C type set soon.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Well there's already been 2 more Eiffel's since in the Architecture line, the standalone from 5 years or so ago and the more recent Paris skyline, so I think it's alreay well catered for.

Same landmark sure but I wouldn't put those in the same category.  10181 is a massive set and I believe still holds the title of tallest Lego set?  

3 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

4) possibly something National Geographic based, a boat or something animal based I'm basing this on the cross over of city nasa line and the moon lander 

You might be on to something there - both City and Friends have Nat Geo tie-ins this year so I could certainly see that extending to Creator Expert as well.

21 hours ago, Roebuck said:

1. modular
  2. fairground
  3. car
  4. "English landmark set" aka old Trafford

#3 for me would likely to be a popular car like a Chevrolet Bel-Air/Impala or a '59 Cadillac.:grin:

18 hours ago, autolycus said:

Possible, but then it is 4 to go :wink:

17 hours ago, Lucarex said:

:hmpf_bad: Please. That rusty leaky pile of soulless inner city bricks is in no sense an "English landmark" (like Big Ben/HOP or Tower Bridge) as part of any theme and shouldn't be considered as anything other than a one-off commercial grab of an increasingly irrelevant club (and example of corporate greed whilst drowning in debt) desperate to sell more "merch" China by piggybacking a bigger brand, with an unknown design lead at TLG jumping at the chance to play fanboy.

Yeah I'm not a fan :laugh: and unsurprisingly I've since heard the set has sold well below expectations (just like the club's performances on the pitch in recent years!)

:laugh:

16 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

3) what about the new modular I know it is available but they always announce it in the December so technically it could be classed as this year

If that was the case this years one would have been last year, so still only one a year..

16 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

I would love that the more animal mould the better :shark::parrot::monkey:

26 minutes ago, BrickWild said:

#3 for me would likely to be a popular car like a Chevrolet Bel-Air/Impala or a '59 Cadillac.:grin:

We already got a car this year, but it is possible it is something similar like a air-plane etc :def_shrug:

If a re-release is coming, i would like the Imperial Flagship to put into battle with the 2020 Black Seas Barracuda. Or a re-release of a train like the Emerald Night or Horizon Express. 

A new plane would be nice. A minifig scale Dakota DC3 would be so nice...

A classic plane would be great. I'm still sad I was in my dark age when the Sopwith Camel was out. A DC-3 would be a good choice. I'd also love something like a Bell X-1 or Spirit of St. Louis. Even something "basic" like the high-selling Cessna 172 or Piper Cub would be nice.

I also don't have a space shuttle of any size, so I would be pretty happy with an updated one of those.

14 hours ago, autolycus said:

A classic plane would be great. I'm still sad I was in my dark age when the Sopwith Camel was out.

That’s a great shout as a rerelease. I’d also love to see them do that most beautiful and iconic of wartime planes, the Spitfire.

Edited by Lucarex

I would love to see a new creator train in the same style as the 10194 "Emerald Night, 10219 "Maersk Train" or 10233 "Horizon Express"... I can also be interested to see a train station...

i world like to see a proper, large landmark building. Maybe something more architectural like Fallingwater (with a lot of detail and some nice folliage), the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao (not NY) or the Pantheon with it's amazing dome. Also I world be thrilled to see an Chinese or Japanese Temple or an updated Eiffel Tower!

If there was a re-release, I would love to see the Grand Carousel once again. 

On 5/20/2020 at 11:37 AM, Fabulandlover said:

Perhaps a rerelease of Green Grocer and Café Corner?

I think in the end they will indeed re-release the Café Corner with some minor changes some day. They also did it with Taj Mahal of course.

7 hours ago, JopieK said:

I think in the end they will indeed re-release the Café Corner with some minor changes some day. They also did it with Taj Mahal of course.

The Taj Mahal was a lot easier to re-release because almost all the parts were still in production - a few had had some slight changes, but not in any way that really altered the build. Café Corner is a bit trickier - I feel like using the modern equivalents of some of the retired parts would result in significant enough aesthetic changes to make it feel "off" - like the skis that no longer have hinges, or the panels that now have side supports that alter their profile. Not to mention the five-high, frameless doors that don't even have modern equivalents. (Well, unless you count train doors, not that I think you would have any problem with more train doors in circulation :wink:, but they would make for a pretty different feel.)

Caravan Family Holiday listed for €89.99 here :hmpf: (€10 more then Germany), that's a case of being overpriced imo.

Especially when looking at the Pirate Ship at €99.99, which also has 66%, or 500 more pieces. (766 vs 1264)

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, tafkatb said:

The Taj Mahal was a lot easier to re-release because almost all the parts were still in production - a few had had some slight changes, but not in any way that really altered the build. Café Corner is a bit trickier - I feel like using the modern equivalents of some of the retired parts would result in significant enough aesthetic changes to make it feel "off" - like the skis that no longer have hinges, or the panels that now have side supports that alter their profile. Not to mention the five-high, frameless doors that don't even have modern equivalents. (Well, unless you count train doors, not that I think you would have any problem with more train doors in circulation :wink:, but they would make for a pretty different feel.)

Yes, I do not see the point in re-releasing older modulars. The CC would have to be made almost completely new with full inventory etc to make in up to par with the newer sets in the series, so then why not just make a new modular that everybody wants to buy instead of a old one that a lot of people have already :shrug_oh_well:

On 5/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, autolycus said:

Well, this was a miss of sorts, but because the original “leak” (and Brickset’s entry) was wrong. 40409 Does not look like a Creator Expert set. It is a car Gift With Purchase, but it’s a hot rod and not the Ideas car. This is confirmed in the June store calendar. It will be free with purchases of >$85. Looks like a remake of two earlier hot rod sets.

12 hours ago, autolycus said:

Well, this was a miss of sorts, but because the original “leak” (and Brickset’s entry) was wrong. 40409 Does not look like a Creator Expert set. It is a car Gift With Purchase, but it’s a hot rod and not the Ideas car. This is confirmed in the June store calendar. It will be free with purchases of >$85. Looks like a remake of two earlier hot rod sets.

I already made a topic about the GWP. Link here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/177992-new-lego-gwp-hot-rod/&tab=comments#comment-3246730

Also, I want to add this as well.

10277 Crocodile Locomotive - 1271 pieces - 99.99 dollars/euros

This came from the source in instagram. No pics yet though so take that info for a grain of salt

Edited by AMD

1 hour ago, AMD said:

10277 Crocodile Locomotive - 1271 pieces - 99.99 dollars/euros

This came from the source in instagram. No pics yet though so take that info for a grain of salt

Take a loco in the train forum :wink:

Did not see that one coming 7 years after the last one *oh2*

Edited by Roebuck

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Take a loco in the train forum :wink:

Did not see that one coming 7 years after the last one *oh2*

You may need to check in instagram, its already there. :wink: